A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ElijahB1
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 30, 2018 12:50 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
ElijahB1 has contributed to 345 posts out of 469346 total posts (.07%) in 2,488 days (.14 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Oct 30, 2018 12:50 AM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: Extreme110
And so the thread enters 2017.

Not trying to be an arse but, just genuinely curious on how the devs are doing. I get it if there's not been a chance to work on it or if interest has waned a lot, but here's hoping we get some sweet, sweet loving soon.

Just going to reiterate my problem with 4.20P (and all previous versions); getting the same error message when trying to export the following sound files in Halo 3 (any filetype);

(snip)

Peace out.

Now we almost 2019 boi. Some audio stuff never really worked right due to drift in the array reading from raw and stuff...

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Sep 14, 2016 12:18 AM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Question:

Are the fabulous guys behind ADJ looking to extend support towards Halo Online?

Most of the tools are super buggy.

And I'm sure xander would love to get his hands on that Russian snow themed map. :D

Maybe some day, but Halo 5: Forge is much more interesting tbh

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 22, 2016 01:41 PM (Total replies: 975)

4.2.0.0 UPDATE

v4.2.0.0
-Added support for Halo PC, CE, and decompressed CEA map files
CEA map files can be decompressed using AMD's Halo CEA compression tools
-Added setting to extract tags into different folders based on tag type
-Changed model viewer FOV controls to left/right on the numpad (4 and 6)
-Added render distance controls to model viewer using up/down on the numpad (8 and 2)
-AMF script updates for faster imports
-Bug fixes

DOWNLOAD LINK IN OP

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 18, 2016 11:07 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: SuperShifty
Where can I get the Halo 2 and Halo 3 Beta plugins?

In most cases copying the Halo3 folder and renaming it to Halo3Beta works but not completely, and 'Tools>Download Plugins' always seems to fail for me.

The plugins aren't really too impotent so for right now we will not be adding those plugins in.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 14, 2016 03:33 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
i kinda already proved to you that for certain things that's not the case?

You're isolating channels of the material to get the arias that need CC or for the specular, it's the same process unless you are talking about something completely different.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 14, 2016 10:42 AM (Total replies: 975)

Terrain BSP doesn't use CC though, it uses blend masks. any time you have terrain on a map (halo 4 is VERY notable for doing this, hr does it in like two areas as I've found) you'll have a map that looks like a spray of red green and blue. each of those areas are zones where a different texture is placed and tiled, and the blend mask just controls where they blend into eachother, how much, and where they have absolute control.

Other BSP, such as covenant and some UNSC stuff however does, and i'll give you that (albeit a lot of the covenant stuff is done via specular tint and cubemapping)

From what I've seen so far, The armor and weapon CC between H3/HR and H4 are completely different. H3/HR uses a simple RGB Mask while H4 uses a single texture. What I did was basically recreate the H3/HR way for H4 bitmaps :L

What I am trying to say is that in Max, the material setup is the same.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 11, 2016 10:16 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
CC bitmaps in H4 are not set up the same way as it is in Reach or any of the past Halo games for that matter.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 8, 2016 at 06:13 PM

You're wrong, most of the BSP's in the other games use CC masks to combine multiple materials in a similar way to Halo 4 armor colors work... But what do I know? I just work on the program haha

Alright then, I am wrong.

I can not say the same about what I said within the context and scope established on this page. What you directed me to is not applicable for what I aimed to do, and for whatever reason, the two different CC setups are treated as if they could be processed the same way.

To answer your rhetorical question, I'd say you certainly would know quite a bit, though there are few things that you may need to work on.

Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM

They can be set up in the same way in max. Just import a bsp form Reach or something and look on how the materials are set up by the scripts. You can copy that over to use with Halo 4 materials. Ez

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 11, 2016 09:08 PM (Total replies: 975)

CC bitmaps in H4 are not set up the same way as it is in Reach or any of the past Halo games for that matter.
Edited by Dumb AI on Jan 8, 2016 at 06:13 PM

You're wrong, most of the BSP's in the other games use CC masks to combine multiple materials in a similar way to Halo 4 armor colors work... But what do I know? I just work on the program haha

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 8, 2016 12:21 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alexis

Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down

You definitely can. Take an RGB mask texture and load it into Max's RGB Tint material. From there, you should see a box corresponding to each channel. Select the box for the channel you wish to use, and set it to white, then set the other channels to black. Of course, you'll still need to set up the rest of the material correctly, as this just isolates a channel in a given texture.

Here's a visual aid, just in case... In this given example, the material would be isolating the red channel of the applied texture.
http://i.imgur.com/3aujoNv.jpg
Edited by Alexis on Jan 7, 2016 at 06:49 PM

That is extremely helpful, thank you. However, is it possible to do that with the alpha Channel? As far as im aware, you could maybe trick 3DS by using a color correction and setting each channel to the alpha, but would that work?

@Elijah: Here's what I meant about the faces. this happens in EVERY halo 4 campaign map file I open up. I want to know if this is just me or if somehow something just goof'd

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/18/86/73/49/compar10.jpg

You'll need to manually fix up the materials to get it looking better, also that 343 render is with higher resolution materials which were not included in the game.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 7, 2016 05:11 PM (Total replies: 975)

I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?

Look at the OP for how they work.

Slight issue with this. If you ever actually looked at the CC maps for halo 4, you'll notice that theres white for primary, gray for secondary, and black for no CC. As far as i know you cant exactly pick out specific colors in a single channel when setting up materials in 3ds max. The way I've been doing it is seperating each mask in the CC into different channels of a new bitmap. This way you can get clean materials that arent so watered down

I don't have time to fully explain it right now, but you can set it up in Max via a color change mask. If you import something from Reach (usually something covenant) the CC mask is setup for you by the import script in the material.
Edited by ElijahB1 on Jan 7, 2016 at 05:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jan 7, 2016 12:45 PM (Total replies: 975)

I have yet to figure out how secondary works with H4 CC.

What's the secret?

Look at the OP for how they work.

Quote: --- Original message by: eliasthechief
all maps and ive downloaded the maps from this site im using version 4.1.0 and i downloded it from here

What maps?

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Does Adjutant open Halo 1 maps? I've always figured Adjutant would be used for h3/r/ce/4 maps, which can't be downloaded on this site.

Adjutant dose not currently support Halo CE.

So in looking at some of the halo 4 stuff, I noticed that pretty much all of the Halo 4 Marine's head models are disfigured in some way or another. Am I the only one getting this, and if not, can somebody maybe send me an EMF with the faces not being disfigured? (The easiest way to tell is in Head_01, wherein the eyes are not properly socketed)

They look fine to me, post photos?

Quote: --- Original message by: Bizargh
I've been meaning to get around to checking that out for a number of weeks. QuickBMS has a habit of cropping up whenever I check around for a fair number of game music files I'm after.

Although I'll just be a very happy lad when I can fetch all of Halo: Reach's music such as the loops for "glue\f_nohi" without any cutoff/missing audio (Although I am curious as to what reason the loop tracks for Halo 3's "perk96" continue to elude extraction, as that simple, yet powerful drum track is one that always stuck with me ever since Halo: Landfall's debut)

And I don't know if this is of any use or relevance to anyone working on Adjutant, but this cropped up a while ago, and I suppose it's better said & already heard of then unsaid & not spotted: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48780

We've been looking into it, it has something to do with how the rag reads the raw. We may not be doing it 100% properly which leads to some drift in reading the data which leads to cut off or corrupt audio.

Halo CE General Discussion » AMFImporter for 3ds max 8 ? Jan 7, 2016 12:32 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: King
i tried to import a map from Adjutant and then tried to open it in 3ds max8 via AMFImporter but failed (when i tried to run the script then i got this error http://puu.sh/mklGL/55efeedcd1.png )

so how i can import amf files now?

i am using Adjutant_V4.2.0.0

None of the scripts were not created to work with or tested on versions of 3DS Max other than 2013. If you really want to stick with Max 8, than I suggest installing Max 2013 and use it to import models, then save them to max 8 format.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I get bsp's in max? Nov 4, 2015 07:30 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
There's a help section. Use it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Oct 5, 2015 01:00 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: vardamir
Thank a lot for this ElijahB1! I was looking for this in a weeks. Just of curiosity, you used not yet released version of Adjutant to extract DLC armors? I have all DLC and looked inside them with no luck lol

The Halo 4 DLC armor was was kept in a .map patch file that we were able to get opened with some special hacking. It most likely won't be supported in a public release but the files are posted here and will be updated at some point.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jul 6, 2015 08:54 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan Pig117
Curious question as to where I can find the DLC Armor for the SPARTANS from Multiplayer? I looked through many pages on this thread trying to see if anyone had already asked this same question but I could not find a similar post. Sorry if you guys have already answered this question. I opened up the DLC maps and looked in the storm_Masterchief_mp tag, but I did not see the new armor only the ones that were shipped with the main game. (I believe) If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

-I'm new to this posting thing so I apologize if I posted this wrong.

http://tinyurl.com/p6hkzoj

I have not gotten around to extracting it with the newer code, so there may be a few issues with the models/rigging...

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jul 1, 2015 11:31 AM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: SciFi
they already said a million times that its unknown if they will or not.

Well if they actually said it a million times I guess it not going to happen.

We have no plans for it at the moment.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! May 22, 2015 10:46 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: SciFi
How far away is Adjutant from extracting halo anniversary models,
or is anyone still working on that?

work has been really slow recently

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! May 6, 2015 11:43 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812

Cant wait for jahnlaxes h4spp with added op dmrs.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Apr 5, 2014 at 05:27 PM

me either, op energy swords, untested weapons, gliths and exceptions !!!

BTW thanks for fixing the download link

E.e

Just wondering has there been any movement with regards to full ripping suport for H1A?

If not thats keewl.

No, work has been really slow recently

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Mar 30, 2015 01:19 PM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote: --- Original message by: videoman
Anyone know why the PNG extracted files do not have Alpha transparency channels with them?

When I extract textures with Adjutant (in PNG format) they don't have transparency with them. So textures that are decals, are showing up (when applied to meshes) without any sort of transparency.

Thanks for any help.

I think that png doesnt suport transparency, only tiff gif and JPEG files

PNG dose, photo shop is just dumb when it comes to its alpha channel.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Mar 30, 2015 03:29 AM (Total replies: 975)

Quote: --- Original message by: jabberwockxeno

Alright, I got the halo 4 map files to open, it was the older version of adjutant. That said, trying to load more then a few .map files at a time causes adjutant to crash, is decompiling them or whatever the term is more intensive then for reach or halo 3 ones?
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Mar 30, 2015 at 02:59 AM

Kinda, I usually only work with one map at a time and have no issues.

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 3:21 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website