A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Banshee64
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 21, 2017 12:41 PM
Interests: Reverse Engineering Old Videogames
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Halo CE, Minecraft, Halo 2 Vista, Team Fortress 2
oify
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Banshee64 has contributed to 798 posts out of 462306 total posts (.17%) in 1,603 days (.50 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Making a new map :) Apr 21, 2017 12:41 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360
Hello, as i learnt how to make houses i am gonna make an abandoned miner town with a large mine ane houses

http://i.imgur.com/0SQMKaG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9UiZ5rn.jpg

Amazing map so far! Let me know if you need any help via PMs and I'll happily answer any questions.

Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
2008 version does everything you need tbh.
I could make a 3d model by manually writing the file in notepad++ and that'd be everything I really need, but other tools are way easier and more efficient at doing the job.

Halo CE General Discussion » This program cannot be run in DOS mode. Apr 21, 2017 12:12 PM (Total replies: 1)

matt is bad.
Code too clever
AAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every string in guerilla.exe
I do not guarantee a lack of non-text data. I also added my own comments in brackets [].

Apparently, Guerilla was made by Chucky.
Edited by sparky on Apr 20, 2017 at 06:07 PM

Who is Chucky?
Charles Gough:

Alan is referring to the current Halo development team as listed by Matt Soell. Namely:

Jason Jones - Project Lead
Konrad Shirinian - Network code
Chucky Gough - Physics
Matt Segur - Programmer
Paul Russell - Art
Rob McLees - Art
Shikai Wang - Art
Marcus Lehto - Art
Jamie Griesemer - Design
Stefan Sinclair - Networking (Bungie.net III)
[...]
Thanks to all the people who wrote in pointing out that the Charles Gough in the Wanted DOA pic is in fact Halo's Physics Programmer Extraordinare Charles Gough, better know as Chucky. The picture was taken shortly before he absconded to Mexico with the Halo beta.

Edited by Banshee64 on Apr 20, 2017 at 06:14 PM

I wonder if he faced any guerilla warfare in Mexico...
Edited by Banshee64 on Apr 20, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Rigging/Bones error. Apr 20, 2017 05:59 PM (Total replies: 8)

When I had this issue, it was because 3ds max was open for too long and corrupted part of it's memory, Saving and restarting 3ds max was my fix, and this issue would happen to me more than once.

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2857/33313084484_1b5b01b0d7_b.jpg

Doesn't necessarily mean he isn't new to making maps, Joining the forum and posting and even making maps are all independent from each other.

Halo CE General Discussion » Continuous script via trigger volume Apr 19, 2017 01:49 PM (Total replies: 3)

so the oblmusic script needs to be dormant?

Halo CE General Discussion » Continuous script via trigger volume Apr 18, 2017 09:07 PM (Total replies: 3)

How would I make a working continuous script only run when the player is in a trigger volume?

Here's the script

(script continuous oblmusic
(sleep 100)
(sound_looping_predict "banshee64\music\atmosphere_01")
(sound_looping_start "banshee64\music\atmosphere_01" none 1)
(sleep 4440)
(sound_looping_stop "banshee64\music\atmosphere_01")
(sound_looping_predict "banshee64\music\atmosphere_03")
(sound_looping_start "banshee64\music\atmosphere_03" none 1)
(sleep 8300)
(sound_looping_stop "banshee64\music\atmosphere_03")
(sound_looping_predict "banshee64\music\atmosphere_04")
(sound_looping_start "banshee64\music\atmosphere_04" none 1)
(sleep 8400)
(sound_looping_stop "banshee64\music\atmosphere_04")
(sound_looping_predict "banshee64\music\atmosphere_06")
(sound_looping_start "banshee64\music\atmosphere_06" none 1)
(sleep 5490)
(sound_looping_stop "banshee64\music\atmosphere_06")
(sound_looping_predict "banshee64\music\atmosphere_07")
(sound_looping_start "banshee64\music\atmosphere_07" none 1)
(sleep 6150)
(sound_looping_stop "banshee64\music\atmosphere_07")
(sound_looping_predict "banshee64\music\atmosphere_08")
(sound_looping_start "banshee64\music\atmosphere_08" none 1)
(sleep 7460)
(sound_looping_stop "banshee64\music\atmosphere_08")
(sound_looping_predict "banshee64\music\atmosphere_09")
(sound_looping_start "banshee64\music\atmosphere_09" none 1)
(sleep 7370)
(sound_looping_stop "banshee64\music\atmosphere_09")
)

I'd like it so the sound_looping would kind of fade out where it is when the player leaves the trigger volume and picks back up where it was when the player reenters, I don't know if that specifically is possible; but in general how would I link the script to a trigger volume?

Halo CE General Discussion » video of shooting (halo) Apr 18, 2017 09:03 PM (Total replies: 3)

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

quoted profanity
Edited by Dennis on Apr 18, 2017 at 10:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Marine Variant Ideas Apr 13, 2017 04:40 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Your first mistake is planning on fighting humans. It goes against all of halos design principals
and putting brutes everywhere is a good halo design principal

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] 2B biped Apr 4, 2017 10:15 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
2B rigged to spartan's bones to be used as a player biped. It has color changing, fp arms and all the good stuff so enjoy ;D

Download: http://puu.sh/v5E6o/504d35094f.rar

https://puu.sh/uW4gl/18093cdd8b.jpg

but why

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition on Linux ( 2017 ) Mar 13, 2017 11:08 AM (Total replies: 16)

cool stuff

Halo CE General Discussion » BlueStreak JMS Exporter 1.0.4 Mar 10, 2017 11:38 PM (Total replies: 10)

I won't. but thanks!!

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Those are some seriously ugly cars you have there, well of the 2 images that aren't broken, I'm assuming the broken image is another ugly car.

Might as well make a Nissan Leaf and put it in halo.

Woah, woah the zonda I could understand being labeled as "striking" but ugly???

And as for thr CLK GTR you just deserve a backhander.

They're extremely busy, the headlights look silly, the doors are ridiculous, the mirrors look like they want to snap off, there's a single windshield wiper which looks just wrong, the spoiler makes the car look like it has brain damage, the scoop on the roof doesn't make any sense and just makes it uglier, and finally the hood ornament looks extremely out of place. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of these let alone driving one.

Why does this belong in halo? That makes 0 sense. An ugly car that's not even a popular style or model in a futuristic military game where you fight aliens that no one plays anymore? Why? for what purpose?

Hope you realize this was ten years ago this was posted. More people played back then.

As for the reason for wanting this in Halo? For a map such as Chronopolis, I would guess.

nope no one ever played halo ce

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Ammonia Mar 9, 2017 04:09 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Complaining about rips -20pts
Complaining about mods of classic maps -100pts
Complaining about OS shader extensions -1pts
Complaining about modding an old game -69pts
Complaining about small player base -1000pts
Complaining about Spanish speaking player base +1

you don't get to score

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Ammonia Mar 9, 2017 03:23 PM (Total replies: 12)

Posted a meme -20pts
Posted something from 2006 -700pts

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Those are some seriously ugly cars you have there, well of the 2 images that aren't broken, I'm assuming the broken image is another ugly car.

Might as well make a Nissan Leaf and put it in halo.

Woah, woah the zonda I could understand being labeled as "striking" but ugly???

And as for thr CLK GTR you just deserve a backhander.

They're extremely busy, the headlights look silly, the doors are ridiculous, the mirrors look like they want to snap off, there's a single windshield wiper which looks just wrong, the spoiler makes the car look like it has brain damage, the scoop on the roof doesn't make any sense and just makes it uglier, and finally the hood ornament looks extremely out of place. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of these let alone driving one.

Why does this belong in halo? That makes 0 sense. An ugly car that's not even a popular style or model in a futuristic military game where you fight aliens that no one plays anymore? Why? for what purpose?

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Ammonia Mar 9, 2017 11:48 AM (Total replies: 12)

WHAT IS THIS PROJECT AMMONIA?

Project Ammonia makes halo better, i put a bunch of halo 4 tags in bloodgulch and hangemhigh. It's only laggy if you stare at the center of the map but it compiled so it's good, doesn't look out of place at all. Maps will be released on the *.map format, but i'm gonna add a bunch of extensions later like ambient occlusion mapping, displacement, dudv mapping and a bunch of other garbage that will likely crash your game. Tags will be ripped from Halo 5 and Halo Spartan Assault (mostly the brutes from halo 3 and promethean garbage, as I'm too lazy to make them all by myself); There will be lots of box maps to go with my bloodgulch mods too, don't worry. I'll also be adding mlp because ponies are cool and if you don't think so you can JUST ll________ll_______l_______lll__lll__llll_llllllllllll_llll__llllllll__lll__llll________lllll_llll____llllll__lll__lllllllllll_lllll_llll__llllllll__lll__llll________lllll_llll__llllllll_______ll

WHY AM I HERE?

I ask that question every time i go to this website

WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?

Because I am serious. I'm super duper serious. I am gonna put 100% of my time and effort into a game made 16 years ago and released on PC 14 years ago for computers made 20 years ago so all 14 people who still play it online can play it for 30 minutes get confused because it's not in spanish. But hey! Space battles that wont sync properly!

HOW CAN WE BE SURE THAT THIS PROJECT IS WORTH SOMETHING?]

just trust me dude

Solitare

iustilia heros potest ludum tempore iustitia foedus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIrOYb0PkJ8

Blood Gulch V2 (Official 2019)

On the objects\vfx side I can show you some vehicles I have ported

the covenant habersham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gtvyi2IkeI

the ugly halo reach banshee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUampXvdwOY&t=0m50s

The covenant warthog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnb6uYAzuno

All the vehicles shown are grass fed and free range, 100% organic

As you can see, pretty much everything i'm doing has been done already, but there is something. I'm getting a bunch of help but no need to credit them. let's do it yeah go halo go odst sniper yeah we did it yeah!!!1!

Applications can be sent via PM on my myspace account: (haloKillzAz117_4210@aim.com)
Edited by Banshee64 on Mar 9, 2017 at 11:51 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Mar 9, 2017 09:34 AM (Total replies: 20)

I have witnessed the ultimate bloodgulch mod

I agree my companion, halo shouldn't have made any more pc games it lowers iq

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 9, 2017 09:02 AM (Total replies: 11908)

Quote: --- Original message by: Alex
Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Dear Not_mooks:

At least my draws and 2d animations arent ugly and tarded. Go to school and learn how to draw and animate before you critic a better modder.
-The legendary Halonimator
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 8, 2017 at 09:08 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/017/215/Ironic._My_stupid_attempt_at_a_new_meme._I_tried_4bafa6_3552920.jpg

nice good meme my good meem friend, can you tell a pal how to download custom map team modified single player version 2? thanks again my good pal

Time: Mon April 24, 2017 1:08 PM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website