A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Banshee64
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 28, 2019 09:09 PM
Interests: Reverse Engineering Old Videogames
Your Age: 20
What Games do you play: Halo Wars, Halo Reach, Halo CE, Minecraft, Halo 2 Vista, Team Fortress 2
oify
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Banshee64 has contributed to 847 posts out of 469463 total posts (.18%) in 2,542 days (.33 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Releases] Halonimator/Janus tagpacks vol.1 Oct 28, 2019 09:09 PM (Total replies: 2)

🤔🤔🤔

Halo CE General Discussion » [NEWS] Planet Flood Egypt 2... Update!?! Aug 27, 2019 10:05 AM (Total replies: 10)

So I see you've found the Unwrap UVW Modifier

Halo CE General Discussion » [NEWS] Planet Flood Egypt 2... Update!?! Aug 26, 2019 10:28 AM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
So I see you've found the Extrude button

There's alot more complex geometry than just extrusions you twat. This blockout looks really good! I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

ownalized

Halo CE General Discussion » Is This Still a Thing? (Arsenic Re-Release) Aug 13, 2019 03:49 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thank you, This is very useful.

Quote: --- Original message by: LaikaGlove
Been kinda busy lately so I haven't had much time to work on this. But last night I made a little progress on Reach animations:

https://i.imgur.com/JjsMR2u.gif

Still some stuff I need to figure out, but much closer than I was before.

No promises but Halo 4 extraction may not be far behind since it uses a revised version of this codec from reach, I'm not sure how much has changed though.

Amazing work as always

Don't even bother with Halo 4 lol

Are these converts from HCE or custom maps or just tag swaps?

Screenshots or even a description would really help because this could be anything lol

Halo CE General Discussion » PorkChop May 30, 2019 01:34 PM (Total replies: 4)

This is an alternative to compiling sounds with tool?
Does it work better/have more features than stock tool or is it just easier to use?

aww I got excited and thought this was an update to sparkEdit

RIP

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 24, 2019 09:35 PM (Total replies: 36)

Godbless Sparky and all of you for making halomaps not boring in it's dieing days

Halo CE General Discussion » halo memes May 15, 2019 02:01 AM (Total replies: 5)

I don't know what's worse.. This or LameorGame

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

Attention is money.
Ask the news media.
Ask marketers.
Ask advertisers.
Ask Google.
Ask YouTube.
Ask Apple.
Ask Intel.
Ask Nvidia.
Ask AMD.
Ask Dell.
Ask Yamaha.
Ask Ferrari.
Ask Disney.
Have you heard of any of these companies? Is it because they design the only possible products? No, it's because they have gotten your attention. Notice how they have so much money. I wonder why that is. Could they have so much money if no one ever realized they existed? They play the consumer game; but there are many organizations you never heard of nor see which have untold trillions of dollars. In the consumer game, though, attention is money. And it's a game of eyes and wills. Lose will and you lose eyes. Lose eyes and you lose will. Attention is money.
Ask Roblox, which keeps attention and makes many millions off of content players make using its Roblox Studio.
Ask Microsoft, which bought Halo and used it to bring attention to the first Xbox console.
Their customers not having actual modding tools since Halo 2 Vista has lost them so much money it would make their heads spin had they realized.
It would be yet another financial disgrace if Microsoft still refuses to outsource content development to its customers.

Edited by sparky on May 8, 2019 at 01:15 PM

I asked yamaha and they said no

Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
Wonder if they’ll ever get around to putting all of Halo 5 on the PC as well.

God Forbid

I think he means render target materials on view models, and I don't think it's possible unless you can write vertex shaders with some extension like OS.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » CRC32 Apr 16, 2019 12:35 PM (Total replies: 3)

Is crc32 the algorithm used to calculate something like a nodelist checksum? or is this used in something else.

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicle Boosting Apr 16, 2019 10:43 AM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: EcoSurge

We can load the vehicle into another custom vehicle based on unit flashlight state.

Edit: Better vid
https://youtu.be/P-b9N8exDUE

Test map:
https://mega.nz/#!9LJ1CawQ!TTeA7mZzZH2nQ0fuomkyLqamspf88WprdpbEUTias5w

(script startup startstuff
(set developer_mode 127)
(sleep 60)
(set playerman0 (unit (list_get (players) 0)))
(object_create g0b)
)

(script static unit g0_driver (vehicle_driver g0))
(script static unit g0b_driver (vehicle_driver g0b))

(script continuous loadinit
(if (!= (unit_get_health (g0b_driver)) -1)
(begin
(recording_play (player0) boost2)
(sleep -1)
)
)
)

(script continuous load
(objects_attach g0 "" g0b "")
(object_data_save_vector g0 transitional_velocity 0)
(if (= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state g0) true)
(begin
(objects_detach g0 g0b)
(vehicle_load_magic g0b "" g0)
(object_data_set_vector g0b transitional_velocity 0)
(object_set_collideable g0b true)
(sleep_until (or (= (unit_get_health (g0_driver)) -1)
(= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state g0b) true)
))
(object_set_collideable g0b false)
(vehicle_unload g0b "")
(object_set_collideable g0 true)

)
)

)

Edited by EcoSurge on Apr 2, 2019 at 05:35 PM

This is so much better than the other methods I've seen, thanks.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: Erutypus
That's very nice.
Sorry if this is off the subject but have you done anything/programing with single player co-op?

Kirby is our resident HaloMaps wizard, not to discredit this guy in any way. Kirby spent some time looking into it, and my understanding is some of the code for Co-Op was removed from the port by Gearbox. IIRC, The ELI5 end result was that Kirby was able to get a second character but had no way of getting the game to assign a controller to them.

lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 14, 2019 11:54 AM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: Erutypus
If I cant get it on windows 7 or with an editing kit, it is totally irrelevant to me.

Then why post? 🤔

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to PC Mar 12, 2019 06:23 PM (Total replies: 77)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

Halo CE General Discussion » Map Compression Mar 10, 2019 03:54 PM (Total replies: 2)

that's cool, how does it work? does a header flag tell the game it's compressed and it just reads the raw compressed data after the header? or is it done in blocks?

I'm gonna be hosting a panel too

Here's a preview

Orlando

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 10:03 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website