A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SpartanHex
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 16, 2015 09:37 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Release the Kraken!

Post Statistics
SpartanHex has contributed to 78 posts out of 469347 total posts (.02%) in 2,479 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » hey fellas! im back to the halo ce game! Jun 16, 2015 09:37 PM (Total replies: 45)

Welcome back, and check E3 for the stuff you missed...

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 8, 2015 06:03 PM (Total replies: 388)

Quote: --- Original message by: d4rklight
Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Complaining here doesn't help you deal with it either.
I wasn't complaining. I was stating my opinion. Learn the difference m8. Idc anyway.

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Quote: --- Original message by: d4rklight
I don't like it. It's just to big and ugly.

Just like your mom.

lmao... HAHA YOUR TRASH XD. L2mod bruh.

Maybe you should show a bit of your own work before writing L2mod to someone...

Try with Os_guerrila

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for some people. May 6, 2015 09:04 PM (Total replies: 8)

He's trying to say that AI map's won't work properly on multiplayer. It won't sync, what the AI do on your screen won't be the same thing as its doing on your friend's screen got it? Is unplayable.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online May 6, 2015 02:42 PM (Total replies: 2780)

It is

Quote: --- Original message by: Ifafudafi

Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
What am I missing/doing wrong???

from the level scripts...

Quote: ;; wait until player can see the magic, but nobody else can

(i'll do another run of the trial myself soon to make sure something didn't break in one of the patches. if it did and the trial has been rendered impossible somehow then i am truly sorry and will give you guys some sort of apology gift)
Edited by Ifafudafi on May 6, 2015 at 12:25 PM

A Dmr on the other difficulty settings? Or maybe a golden forklift?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online May 4, 2015 06:24 PM (Total replies: 2780)

This is their changelog so far:

Quote: Emoose link o irc

- You can now customize your armor and colors through the launcher!
- Added in-game forge/game variant saving and loading
- Replaced Johnson on the main menu with your custom player model
- Your player model now shows on the scoreboard
- Added medals and announcer sounds
- Removed mouse acceleration
- Crosshair centering (off by default, toggleable through the launcher or the "crosshair" command)
- Added stats tracking and a server browser to the launcher
- Preferences will immediately update in-game when changed through the launcher
- Fixed map names to use friendly names instead of internal ones
- Added descriptions for each map
- Changed default round start countdown to 5 seconds (host-configurable through the launcher or the "countdown" command)
- ED will now alert you to use the launcher if you run the EXE directly
- Removed broken "Built-in" text from game/map choice menus
- Fixed crash when backing out of a lobby during the countdown
- Moved all logic to the game thread, much less CPU cycles taken!
- Fixed a rare crash when loading the main menu
- Settings are now stored in a dewrito_prefs.yaml file. playername.txt is no longer used.
- Added filters to debug logging
- Various launcher tweaks and improvements

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online May 3, 2015 09:22 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
I wake up hoping to see if the new eldewrito update released, but no, its frosty and SS Flanker discussing rape.

So, other then armor customization? What are the other new features?

Well, instead of releasing a 0.4.6 they decided to go for a 0.5.0, you will be able to put the crosshair on the center of the screen, will be able to save and load custom gametypes, will be able to save and load forge map variants in game without needing to rely on third party tools such as DTK and a server browser so vpn's will no longer be needed. I don't know if there are more features, these are the ones i heard.

Edit: Medals and a announcer as well.
Edited by SpartanHex on May 3, 2015 at 09:32 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online May 1, 2015 11:22 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Quote: --- Original message by: SpartanHex

All armor abilities were either disabled on or never worked at all on the modded Halo Online, using this armor won't grant you any advantage, it may be even possible that you will just have a bigger head for a headshot from the enemy perspective.

Edited by SpartanHex on May 1, 2015 at 11:16 PM

In a "pay to win" game is impossible to think that a "Tank armor" doesn't give you super advantage

As i said on the modded Halo Online, which armor you use its purely cosmetic and no armor abilites works. So its quite possible for the Tank Armor to not give any advantage.

And this is stuff on the early alpha, the "Tank Armor" Ability might not even be on the final version of the game.

Edited by SpartanHex on May 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online May 1, 2015 11:12 PM (Total replies: 2780)

All armor abilities were either disabled on or never worked at all on the modded Halo Online, using this armor won't grant you any advantage, it may be even possible that you will just have a bigger head for a headshot from the enemy perspective.

Edited by SpartanHex on May 1, 2015 at 11:16 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online May 1, 2015 09:07 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
eldorito video. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/246806454/ShareX/2015/04/2015-04-30_15-59-17.mp4

Plz let there be MK VI.

From what i heard, no MK VI... But we do have the good and old mark IV, the problem is: its hidden on that ugly "Tank" armor variant, gonna go search a pic of it.

edit: From what i heard its hidden on this: http://imgur.com/a/xcYCi#25

This "tank mode" was supposed to be a armor ability, then somehow it got glitched on the armor.

Edited by SpartanHex on May 1, 2015 at 09:14 PM
Edited by SpartanHex on May 1, 2015 at 09:37 PM
Edited by SpartanHex on May 1, 2015 at 11:17 PM

try tool build-cache-file levels\test2\test2

And upload the pic on another place, not facebook.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 30, 2015 08:58 PM (Total replies: 2780)

That can be done on the ingame settings as host.

Halo CE General Discussion » Corrupted scorpion animation tag Apr 30, 2015 01:08 PM (Total replies: 7)

Well, decided to extract bloodgulch too and the scorpion tags were ok, at least failing at failing isn't a double negative xD.

Halo CE General Discussion » Corrupted scorpion animation tag Apr 30, 2015 12:34 PM (Total replies: 7)

Well, extracted the scorpion animations tag multiple times and they were ok... Gonna try to extract an entire map on overwrite mode in a empty tags folder and see what happens.

Edit: No corrupted tags here, maybe its the scorpion animation tag from a specific map?

Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 30, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Unusual and Non-Standard weapons... Apr 29, 2015 09:21 PM (Total replies: 14)

The way people here hated Halo 4 i'm not sure you will find much (well i liked its weapons, specially the light rifle)... The R93_Sniper wip weapons he mentioned its probably your best shot, if he's willing to share. Also you might find something on those halo 4 maps that were released on this website, you will need hek++ to extract those.

Halo CE General Discussion » Unusual and Non-Standard weapons... Apr 29, 2015 08:48 PM (Total replies: 14)

I'm sure i saw a plasma repeater on a halo reach biped release out there, its not listed on the description but its there, not really well made. Take a quick look at: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=1&sid=34

edit: its this one http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6411.

Also, found this: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6630
Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 29, 2015 at 08:51 PM
Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 29, 2015 at 09:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 29, 2015 07:50 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
how come my version wont update, then?

Well, mouse acceleration was fixed by another "trainer app", i'm not sure if that's fixed on 0.4.6 but this update was not yet released, so unless you're not on 0.4.5 there is nothing to update, you can ofc go to their github and compile from the source.

Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 29, 2015 at 07:51 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Good AI Tags? Apr 27, 2015 11:05 PM (Total replies: 14)

Well, its simple, on each biped tag you will have a model_collision_geometry tag, in there you can specify the default health, default shield, the shield stun time (how much time you need to wait for the shield to begin recharging) and the recharge time (amount of time that takes for the shields to recharge) of a biped. I changed these so it would recharge a little slower since marine shields were improved by removing the shield damage "leaks".

Also on the materials section of the collision tag you can set the damage multipliers to each part of the biped body displayed in there (if you want to take less damage from getting shot on the legs you reduce them for example), and the "shield leak percentage" that its how much of the received damage will leak through the shield to the body, i set the leak damage for the legs and for the body 0, so the only way to damage the biped health on those two places its taking out the shields first. And i set the head to have 0.2 leak percentage, so even with full shields a marine can get insta killed by a pistol headshot for example, and will take health damage from any other weapons if they hit the head, but only 20% of the damage.

Btw you also have a warthog that AI's can drive on that download.
Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 27, 2015 at 11:05 PM
Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 27, 2015 at 11:07 PM
Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 27, 2015 at 11:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Good AI Tags? Apr 27, 2015 10:31 PM (Total replies: 14)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z1e9bakzhlza999/SpartanHexus.rar
Its from a time i wasn't satisfied with b40 encounters but din't wanted to destroy the halo CE stock style gameplay by adding weapons and ai from other halo games, so i had to edit the stock stuff and change a few scripts.

just extract the SpartanHexus folder to your tag folder, you will need the stock marines and covenant tags from the campaign, the main reason my marines in there are stronger its because i modded their collision model and gave them a hidden shield system, also the only place where the armor leaks its on the head so they can still take head shots, but if they take a shot on the body their shields will decrease just like an Spartan shield and then after a time recharge, but without the energy effect, they get stunned normally with shots only after the shield depletes.

The "executor" tag its a fuel rod gun that shoots weak plasma grenades, it has 4 shots for each magazine load, if you hold the trigger you will charge a homing projectile at the cost of two shots. Edit: These plasma grenades also stick on their targets, homing or not.

The needler in there has only one difference from the stock one, on halo 1 normal needler the normal projectile damage_effect its only applied when the needle explodes on the enemy, on this one its applied on impact, it just felt better like this.

And also there is my attempt of making a proper marine mp biped, the colors are weird on other teams, something i have to fix.
Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 27, 2015 at 10:31 PM
Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 27, 2015 at 10:32 PM
Edited by SpartanHex on Apr 27, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 2:44 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website