A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Btcc22
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 26, 2016 02:31 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
Btcc22 has contributed to 296 posts out of 465224 total posts (.06%) in 1,858 days (.16 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

System is temporarily offline for some maintenance.

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 not saving new FOV Oct 26, 2016 02:20 PM (Total replies: 2)

You can add 'fov=number' to the preferences.ini file.

If you have any logs for the crash when you exit, I can look into it.

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Sep 21, 2016 05:06 PM (Total replies: 126)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zeetrain
thanks, can I ask what work is in progress or planning to be added to the client?

also there is small bug where scope blur disabled and enabled are interchanged, i.e. when it's disabled it says in the console that it's enabled.
Edited by Zeetrain on Sep 21, 2016 at 04:32 PM
Edited by Zeetrain on Sep 21, 2016 at 04:41 PM

Thanks, I'll look into that. I don't want to talk too much about features in the pipeline until there's something that's close to release though.

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Sep 21, 2016 04:02 PM (Total replies: 126)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zeetrain
so hac to has recently been updated to 2.2.0.9a, can we get a changelog or ANY WORD from Btcc22 as to the current direction/status of HAC2?

• Minor bug fix for console text output

• New command, redirect_kill_feed, will take the kill-feed out of the chat area and display the messages on the HUD, Mac/Xbox style.

• Toggling sightjacking and multiteam vehicles on the server will now update HAC clients instantly, rather than only after a map change/new game

There is still work in the pipeline but it's a very slow pipe.
Edited by Btcc22 on Sep 21, 2016 at 04:02 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Star wars beta 985 Sep 12, 2016 09:39 AM (Total replies: 19)

Can confirm.

starwars-beta_904
starwars-beta_944
starwars-beta_97
starwars-beta_9732
starwars-beta_98
starwars-beta_981
starwars-beta_984
starwars-beta_9844
starwars-beta_985

HPC does actually use multiple cores, just not to great effect. Having said that,it also has no need to use multiple cores to great effect.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Relay May 6, 2016 11:05 PM (Total replies: 77)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
I am using a range for connecting because there can be potentially 16 players with the same IP address, such as kids in school, all connected to the same game server using the port numbers their school router provided them. If in those situations, there is any means of forwarding ports, then they should forward ports 35400-35500 UDP.

You might be better off providing a basic NAT punchthrough service rather than hoping for forwarded ports, or simply don't have the server initiating connections to the clients. There is no need to have a range of ports for the client.

Edited by Btcc22 on May 6, 2016 at 11:16 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
I get; Program can't start because vorbisfile.dll is missing from your pc.

Did you make sure to copy vorbisfile.dll to the same directory as guerilla.exe?

Running as admin also works fine for me - no virtual store involved.

Run your tools as admin or move them to a directory that doesn't need administrative rights to write to. Problem solved.
Edited by Btcc22 on Apr 29, 2016 at 05:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [Request] Program - Read for more info Apr 22, 2016 09:01 PM (Total replies: 31)

I looked into this for HAC2 but the decent (as far as automated translation goes) services require paid accounts, as Sparky mentioned.

PM noted, will upload your maps tonight.

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread Feb 6, 2016 11:54 AM (Total replies: 244)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
You were my hero nay my guardian, a figure I could look upon as a child would look upon its father.

I feel heartbroken to have had to correct that beautiful post.

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread Feb 5, 2016 05:47 PM (Total replies: 244)

This is why 1.0.9 and 1.0.10 cannot connect to each other, right?

Most versions can connect to each other, even if it requires version spoofing. I don't think 1.09 and 1.10 need any spoofing - I'd have to double check. Either way, this isn't anything new and isn't related to the master server change. The point was that the trial has a functional server list.
Edited by Btcc22 on Feb 5, 2016 at 05:48 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread Feb 5, 2016 04:16 PM (Total replies: 244)

Perhaps instead you are referring to the 1.0.10 master server lobby that is used now instead? If so, that would not apply to Halo Demo PPC, I think.

Yep, although pointing any client to the new domain is not hard, hence why clients other than 1.10 PC/CE are still being used. The replacement domain used by the 1.10 master server was actually specifically chosen so that it was short enough to allow for a simple binary edit.
Edited by Btcc22 on Feb 5, 2016 at 04:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread Feb 5, 2016 03:47 PM (Total replies: 244)

Halo Demo, which was greatly popular among Mac gamers, was no longer a viable game for multiplayer due to the PowerPC-to-Intel change and the loss of GameSpy services.

GameSpy ceased providing service for the demo/trial but the replacement server actually reinstated it, even if seemingly nobody is aware of it.
Edited by Btcc22 on Feb 5, 2016 at 03:49 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Smoke Screen Map Protector Jan 22, 2016 09:21 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
wasn't there a huge debate about this that dennis debunked?

There was but I debunked it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Smoke Screen Map Protector Jan 22, 2016 09:09 PM (Total replies: 120)

Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
Any asset that goes into the engine belongs to Microsoft

Not even close to being true.

Halo CE General Discussion » Time freeze Jan 18, 2016 10:16 AM (Total replies: 9)

I've made a build of HAC2 with a 'time' control command for you, here. Just rename the .dl_ to .dll and drop it into your Halo folder.

The command is 'time <tickrate>'. A value of 0 will freeze the game and 30 will run the game at the correct speed. For best results, start an Internet game from within Halo.

This was supposed to be for a dedicated server game pause command but development has been glacial.

Halo CE General Discussion » First Ever Halo CE Top Ten Amazing Kills Jan 4, 2016 08:34 AM (Total replies: 11)

Magnetism refers to bullets, not your reticle, being pulled towards an enemy target. It's present in every Halo game, PC and console.
Edited by Btcc22 on Jan 4, 2016 at 08:35 AM

Thanks for the post - the problem should be resolved.

Time: Wed January 17, 2018 10:54 PM 437 ms.
A Halo Maps Website