A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: ZOBI3KING
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 7, 2017 06:07 AM
Interests: 3d modeling/texturing
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Artsy Fartsy games and the vast majority of FPS games old and new.
Look at me, I'm the captain now.
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
ZOBI3KING has contributed to 508 posts out of 464577 total posts (.11%) in 1,732 days (.29 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 7, 2017 06:07 AM (Total replies: 64)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I think your post speaks for your irrational hatred of me. Or maybe it's just your jealousy. You know. Like those screenshots I have of your "opinions" of i01. I believe your team leaders will be sitting you down soon about that you naughty boy you.

Trying to coerce those who point out your hypocrisy and general inadequacies as a "mature adult" isn't a good look for you Neil. How is anyone supposed to take you the least bit serious when all you do is act like a belligerent child. Rather than letting things go, you lash out and attempt to talk circles around your critics. On top of that, you're egotistic. You are playing victim and ignore the fact that you are a complicit aggressor in this situation. It only shows how pathetic you are. Focus on your mod instead of internet drama.
Edited by ZOBI3KING on Aug 7, 2017 at 06:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » I need sp tutorials and feedback Nov 27, 2016 02:26 AM (Total replies: 5)

Okay so I am about to start my first real CE project and I'd like some links or something to good singleplayer map tutorials. Also recommendations for software and stuff I'd need would be great too (like does it matter if I use the newest 3ds Max for modelling or not and stuff like that). I'm not going to be using open sauce for this project as well. On top of that I need feedback for a few things. Since I am too lazy to make a quiz, just respond to these questions.

1. What are gripes that you have with the Halo CE stock tagset, mainly singleplayer gripes?

2. If you could add one gun or gun type to the CE tagset, what would it be and why?

3. Including all Halo games excluding Halo Wars and Halo 5, what do you believe are the strengths of weaknesses of each game's singleplayer?

4. What Halo singleplayer had the best campaign and why?

5. What Halo singleplayer had the best overall level design and why?

6. What Halo singleplayer had the worst overall level design and why?

7. What makes Halo singleplayer fun and engaging gameplay-wise?

8. What is your favorite level in any Halo game and why?

9. What is your least favorite level in any Halo game and why?

10. How would you rebalance the Halo CE tagset or would you leave it untouched?

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Sep 27, 2016 12:39 AM (Total replies: 490)

Microshaft can take it down at any moment but they don't take down fan-projects unless it will hurt sales or uses assets directly from the games. Unless it is something like a mod/game using ripped content (and releasing it, placeholder doesn't really matter considering it will be replaced anyways) most of these fan games tend to fall into the creative rules MS set for the Halo games. The only time I remember them taking action on a fan project following the guidelines was an rts mod that I believe was for Command And Conquer. The mod was called Halogen, if I remember right it was shut down due to the fact that Microsoft was planning on releasing/promoting Halo Wars the next year.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules Should explain what Microsoft is and isn't okay with. Basically unless it breaks those rules or might hurt Microsoft plans (like Halogen did to Halo Wars) Microsoft will basically ignore it or even be "cool" with it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Aug 18, 2016 12:01 AM (Total replies: 490)

Bean I may not be on I01 anymore but I'd fix those smoothing groups for free, they are bothering me man.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure May 22, 2016 01:33 AM (Total replies: 246)

I've been waiting for this for a while, time to boot up CE.

If anyone is interested I'm making a huge .zip compilation of Halo Ce pre-launch materials. This includes every screenshot of the 1999-2000 builds I could find (lots of traveling through dead sites -- hence how I found the E3 game cover Echo posted). The only stuff I haven't added yet are all the voice outtakes/cut music, ads, and misc. promotional materials. I'm not sure how much of those I will include but I'm most likely not going to include the video footage in vidocs such as O Brave New World but some of the footage I have recovered are the original videos some of those vidocs took from. I'm also considering whether or not to include early interviews for the games since most of them generally sum up as "multiplayer will compete with Tribes" "graphics are amazing" and the various detailing of some known and not so known mechanics (such as how voice chat would be distanced based so you would have to use hand signals which were basically emotes to communicate with team mates. It is vague if those signals would be used to command npcs in singleplayer as the line between gameplay mechanics and "innovation" somewhat blur in the interviews).

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

-Snip-

Quote:
The problem was is that they were not putting their potential into one fixed project. That is where I stepped in, and tried guiding them on the right direction. My goal was to see through that this team knew that planning and phasing is absolutely important, and motivation was absolute key. Their response? Not what you expect: I have never seen a more unified rejection in my life. They did not see which issues to correct themselves and improve their skills as individual people, and a team as a whole.

Edited by Nickster5000 on Dec 6, 2015 at 04:53 AM

If I remember correctly, you basically took over creative freedom from the team as if you were the leader. That's why you were being rejected. You waltzed into the team acting high and mighty -- hell, you're still acting high and mighty if this posts shows anything. Stop painting yourself as this humble good guy when you're admittedly bending the "truth" so you can release some kids tags on a website. It's not like you're getting any brownie points for it. I admit that I had a terrible workflow and didn't contribute as much as I could've but I still was glad I got kicked off by you, mainly because you are a frankly terrible leader and can barely get anyone motivated to do any of your requests. Also as far as communication goes you were probably worse than Sean in that regard.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Dec 2, 2015 09:48 PM (Total replies: 14960)

Flanker,do you know of any good resources for getting topology right for high-poly modeling?

Halo CE General Discussion » Get Windows 10 Jun 1, 2015 01:46 AM (Total replies: 9)

I am using the preview build and I haven't experienced any CE problems, I couldn't get OS to run on the previous version if that means anything.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Apr 30, 2015 08:39 PM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheChunkierBean
Quote: --- Original message by: SOULDESIGNER
TheChunkierBean must be the most patient man i've ever seen. Usually people are complaining for lack of updates, but here it's total opposite. I LOVE every screenshot and update. I like to see the progress. THANK YOU SO MUCH for making a halo game for pc =) I LOVE YOU and your patient team. You guys are amazing. I've been following your work since your first youtube video =) Things have REALLY changed A LOT. GREAT WORK.
Constructive critic is good, but point out the awesome progress at the same time folkz =)
I had to register, just to get this off my chest. Mad love to all (no gay) from norway.

Did you say chest? Ok:

From all the opinions from the community, we are redoing the Spartan. Here is the latest:

http://puu.sh/hp5zf/2b96b78871.jpg

http://puu.sh/huaYO/99dfcd8451.jpg

http://puu.sh/hv8a8/a0e97b0602.jpg

http://puu.sh/hv8aG/554c9542e5.jpg

Old armor test. New armor coming soon.
http://puu.sh/hpvZu/204c76cad9.jpg

Looking damned good Bean, nice to see that crit is actually being implemented.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Apr 3, 2015 03:23 AM (Total replies: 14960)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dont Cuss

I have just started to learn how to use substance painter. I have been working on a concept for a non energy knife for an elite. I plan to make them a pair but have not decided how they are going to be different. Color design and detailing I still need to work on, so please let me know how I can improve.

https://trello.com/b/k33JyRiD/images
(trello link because I cannot post images for 7 days. Old account got deleted)
Edited by Dont Cuss on Apr 3, 2015 at 01:26 AM

I'm not the best critic for textures but I'll say they seem pretty good, personally I think you overdid it with the blood though (I would assume no soldier, alien or not, would leave their blade so dirty). My main problem with the knife is, well, the knife. The handle looks like flattened anal-beads and the curve of the blade is probably the weirdest shape I've ever seen a blade (that is supposed to kill stuff and not be some weird living room decor). The blade doesn't really conform to the Covenant design, it looks more like you tried to copy the curvature of Covenant blades but ended up with something entirely different and ineffective. Also what is the point of the two little blade, thorn, things sticking out of it, it just looks randomly placed there for the sake of having pointy things on a knife. My recommendation is to examine known Covenant designs for melee weaponry - ones I can list off the top of my head: energy sword, energy dagger, that metal blade thing in Halo Legends, spiker blades, brute shot blade, and observe real life knives, daggers, and short swords - you might get a better design. As far as texturing with substance painter, I think you have a good start, your improvement really needs to be focused on the overall design of your blade (I'm not sure about your modeling skills because it could just be the problem of poor design rather than modeling skill, basically I have no comment on your modelling ability). Anyways keep working at it, self-improvement is always a good thing.

Quote: --- Original message by: reachfan
Are you autistic? You've just mentioned halo online pc wow.
Edited by reachfan on Mar 31, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Could you please elaborate on how mentioning a video game is connected to autism?

Anyways the project looks enticing, can't wait to see what the eventual final product is Sean.
Edited by ZOBI3KING on Mar 31, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Mar 24, 2015 10:55 PM (Total replies: 490)

Quote: --- Original message by: Danger_zone_98
A question that has been brought up many times. Are goal right now is MP but if the team wants to stick together after the MP release then we will do SP.

wut, that's something new.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I would really, really love MP firefight...

I mean, its possible after we finish the gameplay.

I think you just missed it, I don't know how but you did.

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Why does the assault rifle's display say "BR" to the left of the ammo count?
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2mfivx4.jpg

BR: Butt Rocket

Halo CE General Discussion » VKNG Mapping Team: Official thread Jan 30, 2015 07:00 PM (Total replies: 312)

Quote: --- Original message by: FrostyCyphre
Oh stop crying about me and just work on your project.

That's what I and other members are actually doing. VKNG is busy on a couple things as Sean has stated. I don't see the point to this bickering, can we go back to the topic of "VKNG Mapping Team: Official thread" now because this arguing is just wasting time for people all around.
Edited by ZOBI3KING on Jan 30, 2015 at 07:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 11, 2015 05:53 AM (Total replies: 11365)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: ZOBI3KING
Sneak peek at something I'm modeling.
http://i.imgur.com/vzdPpwl.jpg

...Yo, if you're going ahead with that holy ****. Been wanting to see HD looking H1 arms for such a long time. Lost hope and was going to just wait to see if Ha10 arms would be rippable eventually.

Probably shouldn't say what they are for but I will say they are for I01. However, I will most likely release any art assets I make for I01 regardless if it falls apart, releases, etc. I hate when things are shown online but are never released or used in any form; because of that I will make sure any art assets I make are available to the public or possibly if I get requested and am given permission by Bean to send it before I01's success or demise.

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
Quote: --- Original message by: ZOBI3KING
Quote: --- Original message by: midnightmodders
So when can we see some news like gameplay or a trailer?? :)

Soon, soon as in a couple months or so. We'll probably post pictures until we show a gameplay demo. If we have no videos out this spring, expect gameplay at CE3.

hopefully a little more polished than last years gameplay. i'm intrigued to see what will come of this project this time around

The goal is to make it a lot better than last years gameplay. I was on the team and was making fun of the trailer when it came on last years CE3, I personally didn't want to show it. This year, we aim to impress.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 10, 2015 11:20 PM (Total replies: 11365)

Sneak peek at something I'm modeling.

Quote: --- Original message by: midnightmodders
So when can we see some news like gameplay or a trailer?? :)

Soon, soon as in a couple months or so. We'll probably post pictures until we show a gameplay demo. If we have no videos out this spring, expect gameplay at CE3.

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy New Year! Jan 1, 2015 05:37 AM (Total replies: 32)

Another year closer to getting my hover-board (seriosly Back To The Future, it's 2015, I better get my hover-board).

Time: Thu September 21, 2017 3:28 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website