A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: jabberwockxeno
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 30, 2015 05:07 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
jabberwockxeno has contributed to 135 posts out of 467276 total posts (.03%) in 2,040 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Mar 30, 2015 05:07 PM (Total replies: 952)

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1
Quote: --- Original message by: jabberwockxeno

Alright, I got the halo 4 map files to open, it was the older version of adjutant. That said, trying to load more then a few .map files at a time causes adjutant to crash, is decompiling them or whatever the term is more intensive then for reach or halo 3 ones?
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Mar 30, 2015 at 02:59 AM

Kinda, I usually only work with one map at a time and have no issues.

For 3 and reach I just opened all the .map files at once without issue.

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Quote: --- Original message by: videoman
Anyone know why the PNG extracted files do not have Alpha transparency channels with them?

When I extract textures with Adjutant (in PNG format) they don't have transparency with them. So textures that are decals, are showing up (when applied to meshes) without any sort of transparency.

Thanks for any help.

I think that png doesnt suport transparency, only tiff gif and JPEG files

You got it backwards, png does, jpg does not.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Mar 30, 2015 02:28 AM (Total replies: 952)

Alright, I got the halo 4 map files to open, it was the older version of adjutant. That said, trying to load more then a few .map files at a time causes adjutant to crash, is decompiling them or whatever the term is more intensive then for reach or halo 3 ones?
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Mar 30, 2015 at 02:59 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Vehicles - Works in Process thread [WIP] Mar 29, 2015 06:33 PM (Total replies: 4973)

This looks fantastic, hope to see more of this.

Quote: --- Original message by: PRPatxi

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Is the Covenant destroyer based off an existing Concept? I think the shape is really interesting and has a lot of promise if you scaled it down into a more Scarab-sized craft. It might not even need to be a flyer, you could make it some kind of Covie tank and the flat top carries troops like the Scorpion treads.

Hope that design gets used for something, it's rare we see good Covie stuff around here and even rarer that it gets finished.

They where not going to be drove. Only as scenery and project is not going to be released or worked on. SMT was a troll team meant to spam the forum with projects that will never be released.
Edited by PRPatxi on Jan 14, 2015 at 07:04 AM

Well, I guess I won't. A shame, because the grizzly model is really nice and is reasonably far along.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Mar 29, 2015 05:56 PM (Total replies: 952)

Ah, that was it. And the mainmenu file?

From what game is the map from? What's the error?

I got mixed up, I was thinking of the campaign file. Anyways I'm actually having a problem where I can't load any halo 4 ones, but i'm troubleshooting that myself right now, firstly by updating from adjutant 3.0

Just downloaded the current version of adjutant and I see the plugin and helper folders, those seem to be new. Anything I need to know about them or is it all behind the scenes stuff or is it stuff I access from the main adjutant GUI anyways?

Halo CE General Discussion » Anon's procrastination thread Mar 29, 2015 05:33 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks for posting this, (and for helping me in the thread, still having trouble, but hopefully i'll figure it out.)

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Mar 29, 2015 05:31 PM (Total replies: 952)

Ah, that was it. And the mainmenu file?

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Mar 29, 2015 04:55 PM (Total replies: 952)

Using adjutant for the first time in a while, it's supposed to tell you that shared and mainmenu fail to open, correct?

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jun 30, 2014 03:00 PM (Total replies: 952)

Quote: --- Original message by: BKTiel
As I recall it's because CEA's new assets are actually contained and deployed from Saber's own engine that overlays Blam! to provide the fidelity.

Ah.

You'd (As somebody with functionally 0 coding experience, mind you) think that one would would be able to kinda "reverse engineer" it since we already know how CE's engine works, and then just going from there.

Like, even if it's a whole new graphic engine just running along with the original engine, I'd imagine you'd be able to kinda "solve for X", since the old engine is a known value, following the math analogy

Again though, I really don't know what i'm talking about.

EDIT: Actually, I have a question for you guys that's tangentially related to this. Since H2A is going to use prerendered cutscenes, how do you imagine that's going to work with the back button feature, and do you think the cutscene rooms will be getting a graphic update?

I mean it's a safe bet that they won't want to do any more extra work then they have to, so if when building h2a the new assets are "maually" placed and assinged, then I imagine the cutscenes rooms won't be updated, but if it's more like "All instances of texture x in H2 use texture Y in h2a", then they would be updated.
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Jun 30, 2014 at 03:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jun 30, 2014 02:17 PM (Total replies: 952)

I'm sure this has been asked before, (maybe even by myself), but what's the obstacle with adjutant being able to extract CEA assets?

Also, do we expect adjutant to work with the MCC when we are able to rip the map files from it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jun 17, 2014 12:47 AM (Total replies: 952)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Looking through Reach's M45 map (Long night of Solace), Adj doesnt seem to read the Space section of the level. Either in Sky or BSP, and i'm thoroughly confused as to why it's doing so. I dont suppose you know any reason as to why this is happening, do you Elijah/Rosanna?

Some of them are cinematic arias that contain no objects so they fail to load. The space station and the corvette will load.

So is it completely impossible to get the Skybox as of right now? That skybox was awesome though D:

I know it's possible to extract the skybox textures, because I did that not too long ago.... I suppose last year was more than not too long ago though.
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Jun 17, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! May 8, 2014 02:41 AM (Total replies: 952)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Is it possible to convert the BIK cutscenes? I'd be interested in extracting and converting them.
Edited by jabberwockxeno on May 7, 2014 at 08:26 PM

Yeah, you can do that.

This should do.
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkmain.htm

Excellent.

Oh, full rig support as well? Oh man, it's like Christmas. All I need now is to find those reflection/environment maps, and figure out how to replicate the in engine shaders, and I have complete access to in game assets as they appear in game with a little work on my end in the slate material editor plugging in textures the right way.

What do you mean full rig support? It's just a video file, no models and such. For bsp injection you'll want to direct your questions at the ASM team, we deal with extraction - not injection.

Btw, making your own reflection and environment maps is not hard, I know all of them don't extract so you may need to do that with a few.

Oh, I didn't mean rig support for the cutscenes, in the OP post it said that all the character models had full rig support now. Last time I used adjutant the rigs were iffy at best or not present at all, and you had to do weighting yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! May 7, 2014 08:30 PM (Total replies: 952)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

>bsp support

And some said this day would never come. Wonder if I can finally find the reflection and environment maps now, too.

Also, I may be getting ahead of myself, but seeing as how Gamecheat has demonstrated BSP injection for reach, does this mean we could potentially have fully custom maps for reach?

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
Spartan Ops and all major cinematics regestered in the bink tag. For instance, the ending, Librarian and Infinity cutscenes are in standard BIK format standalone on the disc. My hunch is, the rest of the cinematics are under the bink tag. They reference the snd! Tags when you view that particular tag. Im guessing the cinematics are inside the map file in raw form.

The opening, librarian, ending, and infinity introduction cinematics are pre-rendered and stored on the disk as .bik files. All other single player cinematics are rendered in real time on the console. As for the spartan ops cinematic episodes, they are all streamed to your xbox from 343.

Is it possible to convert the BIK cutscenes? I'd be interested in extracting and converting them.

Yeah, you can do that.

This should do.
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkmain.htm

Excellent.

Oh, full rig support as well? Oh man, it's like Christmas. All I need now is to find those reflection/environment maps, and figure out how to replicate the in engine shaders, and I have complete access to in game assets as they appear in game with a little work on my end in the slate material editor plugging in textures the right way.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! May 7, 2014 08:25 PM (Total replies: 952)

>bsp support

And some said this day would never come. Wonder if I can finally find the reflection and environment maps now, too.

Also, I may be getting ahead of myself, but seeing as how Gamecheat has demonstrated BSP injection for reach, does this mean we could potentially have fully custom maps for reach?

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
Spartan Ops and all major cinematics regestered in the bink tag. For instance, the ending, Librarian and Infinity cutscenes are in standard BIK format standalone on the disc. My hunch is, the rest of the cinematics are under the bink tag. They reference the snd! Tags when you view that particular tag. Im guessing the cinematics are inside the map file in raw form.

The opening, librarian, ending, and infinity introduction cinematics are pre-rendered and stored on the disk as .bik files. All other single player cinematics are rendered in real time on the console. As for the spartan ops cinematic episodes, they are all streamed to your xbox from 343.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 9, 2013 11:59 AM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: waffles
Quote: --- Original message by: vampire_girl
I remember that command never working. Did OS fix it?

In my hurried excitement to post, I didn't take the time to test it ingame. It seemingly only works in sapien, along with a handful of other rasterizer commands. If masterz ever gets online I'll have a chat with him about it and see if they can get it working with OS, Btcc somehow got it working with HAC 2, if he is willing to share what process he did to get it working it shouldn't be hard to incorporate.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you assemble that skybox? The reach skybox files are all split up into different parts, I can't imagine one being able to get them all into a single image looking correct.

The sky system really hasn't changed all that much from each version of the engine as far as the mesh is perceived. There are a few changes to how the skies render in the newer games however.

The different "parts" of the sky are regions that seperate the mesh. By what in the newer iterations of the engine? I don't have a definitive answer. Either they swapped the order of render priority from CE (lower=outer most mesh, higher=closer to the player), or some other vague reason. If it was for render priority/transparency sorting there wouldn't really be a reason to do it since from 3rd gen and onward the sky's were put into the rarely used scenery tags.

As far as getting it into CE, you really don't need to do much work to the mesh, other than maybe setting up regions for transparency sorting. The only somewhat "difficult" part is emulating things that CE doesn't have support for normally, such as fog or the hdr color as in h3 sky's. There isn't any real new math as far as blending is concerned.

As long as a sky doesn't have any engine specific functions or shaders/materials any sky can be ported. I know h4 has some distortion in some of its skies, which could be faked with functions, but otherwise skies are incredibly simple.

But is there a way for me to combine all the different skybox parts into a single image to use as a environment map in 3ds max, for example?

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Aug 5, 2013 01:38 PM (Total replies: 834)

Quote: --- Original message by: goldkilla88

Hmm... Would it be possible to crack a collision-model? It should be close to the same as extracting model geometry, no?

Edited by goldkilla88 on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

from what I can tell the collision model is just a simi-lod version of the actual model. Could just make it in 3ds with a little bit of time. Not planning on looking into it till more H4 stuff is available.

Quote: --- Original message by: savinpvtmike
Btw found the pelican but if I can get the sounds from reach can I get music?

Idk, you could always.. you know.. try extracting it and see what happens...

So, anything new the past few months?

Anything previously unextractable or stuff that didn't work that can be used now, etc? Still no BSP extraction I see.

I still can't find those reflection maps, I don't know how I am missing them this whole time.
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

No and No. The project has simi-changed hands for the moment, so there has not been a lot going on while everything is reorganized. And lol, BSP extraction? were you just expecting that to pop up overnight? Things like this take time, time which most people don't have too much of these days.

As for reflection maps, idk man, you must literally not be looking for more than 2 seconds.
Pic

I meant the reflection maps in reach. I can't find more than like 3. The fact that what reflection map goes to what object isn't listed in a given object's properties page (or whatever it's called, haven't uses adjutant in a while) along with all the other maps doesn't help, either.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 5, 2013 01:34 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote:

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/7229/41bn.png

The 3rd gen shader systems for the blam engine are pretty nifty, Had to fake quite a bit of stuff to get the colors looking fine (I swear reach did away with the max generated hdr skydomes...) And even then, CE doesn't allow per-pixel fog in the sky's, so the color isn't perfect overall.

I don't plan on releasing the sky, as it was just me testing things and checking out Reach's materials.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you assemble that skybox? The reach skybox files are all split up into different parts, I can't imagine one being able to get them all into a single image looking correct.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Jul 23, 2013 12:25 PM (Total replies: 834)

So, anything new the past few months?

Anything previously unextractable or stuff that didn't work that can be used now, etc? Still no BSP extraction I see.

I still can't find those reflection maps, I don't know how I am missing them this whole time.
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Jul 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jul 6, 2013 11:31 AM (Total replies: 12103)

Just a suggestion for those of you who work on CMT:

I specifically posted this in regards to the plasma pistol, and how the casing on the side in the halo 4 model is glowing, which is something I'd really like to see in CMT. But there are other designs here that you may wish to incorporate.

Edited by jabberwockxeno on Jul 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Jun 2, 2013 11:29 AM (Total replies: 834)

Is it possible to extract the skybox textures?

I've never seen them when browsing the map files, so I wasn't sure.

EDIT: Found them. But they aren't saved to a single image file per skybox. I don't suppose the actual skybox/sphere geometry is extractable, is it?

EDIT 2:

Also, i see that most of the bitmaps under levels>multi>dlc>dlc_slayer>dlc_slayer_space_sky_angled>bitmaps are busted, despite the equivalents in other map files working fine.

Or I assume they are equivalents, as the name is the same, Can't tell because I can't open em.

Additionally, I can't find anything for the cutscene before the credits where the PoA is approaching installation 04.

Lastly, is there a list of which map file equals what level?
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Jun 2, 2013 at 02:08 PM

EDIT 3: One more thing: Is the texture for the holograph of reach in the corvette extractable? I can't find it.
Edited by jabberwockxeno on Jun 2, 2013 at 05:59 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » 3d printing halo assets May 25, 2013 10:46 AM (Total replies: 50)

Quote: --- Original message by: master noob

it would be a huge waste of money and time to try printing out assets straight from the game, since their relative low-poly looks would not translate into the real world very well, since we don't have phong shading or normal mapping. it would be much less expensive to buy the figures. if you do not wish to buy the figures, then you would have to recreate everything in a much higher resolution.

case in point.
http://static---redford.app-hosted.com/media/img/redford/W414-H414-Bffffff/M/mf18911lg_1.jpg
Edited by master noob on May 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

So smoothing groups are not read for printing?

Time: Fri August 17, 2018 3:20 AM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website