A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SAS
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 30, 2015 05:37 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I comment every once in a while

Post Statistics
SAS has contributed to 250 posts out of 469503 total posts (.05%) in 2,478 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Nov 30, 2015 05:37 PM (Total replies: 14974)

Yup, TAR and F2000 eject from the front of the gun. P90, I have the feeling that it also ejects in a different way, but I can't remember how.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bungie is moving-on! Aug 13, 2015 02:30 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
What do you expect they no longer own or have any relation to the franchise anymore. Which is a good thing BTW.

343 fan boy alert.

Is it really being a fanboy? I mean, seriously. Take a look at Bungie today. They are not even close to the studio that created Halo. Like 343 or don't like them, I can't say I would feel too comfortable if the current Bungie were making the next Halo.

Time to make my biannual comment!

• Screen blurring when a shot passes near the player

• Camera shake when moving

• Not really scripting, but first person cutscenes

Halo CE General Discussion » Think Twice before pre-ordering Halo 5 Dec 5, 2014 05:53 PM (Total replies: 64)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Before Xbone was released, there was a small riot about the Kinect. Apparently you weren't going to be able to disable it or something. What eventually happened about it, I don't know.

Originally, microsoft's plan was to require that the kinect sensor be connected to the xbone for it to work, while allowing users to limit or completely disable the sensor (I'm not really sure why, but whatever). But due to public outcry, a day one patch was issued that removed the kinect requirement. On top of that, they sell a version of the xbone that doesn't come with a kinect sensor. The whole "m$ is using kinect to spy on us and record everything we do!" debacle started due to poor timing that coincided with Snowden's revelations about the NSA and paranoid internet-dwellers deciding that the two were... kinected (I'll see myself out).

I would suggest the music from the 2010 Medal of Honor reboot because those feels (and also Ramin Djawadi is one of my favorite contemporary composers)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Music died some time after bieber and nicky minhaj took to the stage.

Dude, have you seen the Strokes play live? The Foo Fighters or Flogging Molly? Or Julian Casablancas on the tonight show earlier this week? These may just be reflections of my musical preferences, but I assure you music is not anywhere near dead.

I'm a little confused about the whole "hopefully they will learn not to release a next gen console that's a downgrade of the current one" part.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Aug 9, 2014 12:50 PM (Total replies: 207)

All of the updated textures should be located under level\dlc\cex_beaver_creek\bitmaps\ . However, there should be an option when extracting the bsp(s) to extract all textures along with it.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Aug 6, 2014 12:43 PM (Total replies: 207)

Since those are actually reach .maps, the latest adjutant build should be able to rip the textures and bsps.

H1: TSC

H2: Outskirts

H3: The Covenant

ODST: Mombasa Streets (I don't care if you don't count it as a level, it was awesome)

Reach: Pillar of Autumn

H4: It's hard for me to choose a favorite. I'd say it's a tie between Requiem, Reclaimer, and Midnight

Halo CE General Discussion » Any good SP maps? Jul 12, 2014 09:47 PM (Total replies: 12)

just played Colosseum II. It felt... like it was thrown together. Half of the tags didn't really fit, half of the tags didn't look (or weren't) finished, etc.

Halo CE General Discussion » Seeking help for a team I am going to start... May 29, 2014 01:25 PM (Total replies: 12)

I could probably do sound or writing

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Mar 15, 2014 03:54 PM (Total replies: 1142)

I don't think he claimed that he made them from scratch. In fact, I seem to remember him showing the steps he was taking to modify them. Nonetheless, they are still modified models that he made.

there are a lot of things from the books that I would do if I had the time/skill/drive

Halo CE General Discussion » SAS's weapon wips Mar 12, 2014 06:12 PM (Total replies: 107)

Ha, sorry, I've been really busy with AP classes and Drumline/Percussion ensemble stuff (like, I'm at school from 7 am to 9 pm more days than not, and that's just for DL). But spring break starts tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have more time to do some of the things I've been neglecting (CE, making music, learning Japanese, etc...)

I always wanted to do a short (like, three or four level) campaign set in the insurrection that explores the mental trauma of tragedy. My plan was to start with the player escaping from his prison cell and encountering an ONI captain. This would lead back to the level where the player+squad rig up a possible weapons cache and detonate the building only to find out there were civilians there that were hiding from the fighting. Later the player would murder his squad when they were about to fire on civilians in a town, as per the Oni Captain who just took over's orders, causing him to be hunted and detained by the UNSC. After an attempted prison break, the captain would tell the player that there were no civilians and that the captain was just a face the player made to put the blame of the first civilian incident on. When the player calls the captain a liar, he dares the player to shoot him (this part would involve fighting off hallucinations of all the people killed by the player). The instant the player kills the captain, it would cut to a cinematic showing that the player shot himself.

It sounds better when I'm not tired or leaving out most of the details that are somewhat vital to the plot. Also, I get that it sounds pretty similar to Spec Ops The Line, shut up, I was thinking of this before I played that game.
Edited by SAS on Mar 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Feb 4, 2014 03:40 PM (Total replies: 834)

^word

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 19, 2014 03:41 PM (Total replies: 14974)

For the firing and melee anims, you need to up the initial speed. Like, for the firing animation, the gun should be the farthest back at around 3 frames in (just an example frame)

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jan 5, 2014 10:51 PM (Total replies: 14974)

hey... those are about as good as mine!

Halo CE General Discussion » Big endian and Little endian Jan 2, 2014 02:31 PM (Total replies: 5)

Big endian and little endian are both byte orders. For example, if the hex data in little endian is "10 00 CE FA" then in big endian it would be "FA CE 00 10". Halo PC maps are written in little endian. Now the fun comes with Halo CEA maps, which are almost identical to PC maps except that they are in big endian and have extra information.

This gives me a great idea! I shouldn't wait for a new team, I should make one! We will do all sorts of interesting things! And I will call it the SAS Brigade!

Time: Mon December 9, 2019 1:46 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website