A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Blublaze94
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 19, 2020 07:08 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Blublaze94 has contributed to 64 posts out of 464939 total posts (.01%) in 2,687 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Arsenic usage Jul 19, 2020 07:08 PM (Total replies: 8)

Hey. Sorry for the late reply. I don't get on here much. Maybe every 6 months now.

To use Arsenic you must first create a base tagset from the original Xbox maps.

Make sure upon your first run of Arsenic you properly set your Xbox maps and tags directory, and your CE maps and tags directory. Make sure you have a base tagset of all the original maps from both versions.

In Arsenic you will go to File > Import > Xbox Maps. This will take at least 10-15 mins and will export the tags from the Xbox version of the maps.

Once you have this base to work from you can import CE maps (File > Import > Map.) Arsenic will decompile them and convert them into Xbox tags. From there you can open scenarios and add the customs tags from the imported maps to those scenarios. Custom maps do usually work. But keep in mind that the original Xbox has very limited RAM. Assets need to take this into consideration.

Once you have a scenario together that you're ready to compile you will go to File > Export > Xbox Map > Compressed. And you will choose which of the original maps you will be replacing. Keeping in mind that when you replace the original map on your Xbox console that the name must match.

Back in the day I was able to convert most maps without any trouble at all. Within reason of course. Most of the Halo 2 remake maps I've converted work amazingly. Custom skies usually work. Custom HUD elements take some effort... but if you have a working knowledge of how to do it in CE, you should be able to figure it out for Xbox.

I hope this helps at least a bit. I'm nowhere near an expert and it's been a long long time...

EDIT: Forgot to mention as well... make sure you're using the latest version I released on here a while back. It has some important fixes and has been updated for more modern systems. It is the only version out there that is capable of working with Campaign maps as well. I took on the task of porting Lumoria long ago... got pretty far. Unfortunately, I lost those files on an old PC some time ago. Good luck!
Edited by Blublaze94 on Jul 19, 2020 at 07:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Is This Still a Thing? (Arsenic Re-Release) Aug 11, 2019 07:46 PM (Total replies: 3)

Not sure if anybody out there is still bothering to try to convert Halo CE to Xbox. But I keep running into this on my backups and would hate for this to be lost to the world after I got permission to release it (admittedly years ago now..oops.) In the link below you will find an updated version of Arsenic (The Halo CE to Xbox Converter.) This is an updated version (Version 3.0.0.0) that has never graced the internet with it's presence until now. CLuis was very kind to work with me over a span of a few months to work out a bug in which Single Player campaign conversions never had a chance to work due to freezing because of some unknown issue. I'm sure CLuis knows given he fixed it, but I was simply happy it was working and didn't ask questions.

But here it is, have fun.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h4ps9p09dvxbglt/Arsenic_%2528Fixed%2529.zip/file

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloMaps.com is back online! Dec 1, 2014 05:39 PM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
So what is going on?

I'm pretty much content with .org
Basically, HaloMaps.com is the equivalent of HaloMaps.org but with its main focus on Xbox content. Halo CE > XBOX, Halo 2, and LAN gaming over XBConnect or Kai. Check out the site, you can kinda see what I mean.

Halo CE General Discussion » HaloMaps.com is back online! Dec 1, 2014 02:09 PM (Total replies: 40)

It seems like not many people have noticed as of yet, but for anybody who might be as excited as I am... HaloMaps.com is back online! Now I might get a chance to be a part of a community that I was unfortunately never able to be before. If you've got interests in custom halo content on Xbox go check it out! http://halomaps.com/

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Combat Evolved extracted Xbox data Nov 10, 2014 10:18 AM (Total replies: 40)

Yes.

Halo CE General Discussion » 3DS Max Version: Best for my purposes? Jun 16, 2014 12:18 AM (Total replies: 11)

So at my school I have access to the student version of 3DS Max. I can choose 2012, 2013, 2014, or 2015. In your opinion, which would be best for map making? Thanks for your help!

I really like the Halo 3 Scarab idea as well. It would give a neat twist to it... to see it climbing over the streets and buildings of Mombasa.

And (if) failing that... will there be any new hype coming to the existing scarab portion of the game?

I have also removed the text from this post so as to keep the project more on the downlow and protect it. The project is not dead, it's just hush hush. When it comes out no one but those of you who were here originally will have seen it coming. (MUCH SURPRISE. SO SUSPENSE. WOW!)
Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 14, 2014 at 06:35 PM

What videos are you talking about?

Awww.. I was so looking forward to Flood Juggernauts pushing me around on those narrow walkways...

I have also removed the text from this post so as to keep the project more on the downlow and protect it. The project is not dead, it's just hush hush. When it comes out no one but those of you who were here originally will have seen it coming. (MUCH SURPRISE. SO SUSPENSE. WOW!)
Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 14, 2014 at 06:35 PM

True that it hasn't came. But doesn't mean I am not hoping for it too. That is at least, until Halo 2 Anniversary Edition comes out for Xbox One. (lol)

Is this still being worked on like it was originally? What's the status of the levels in the original screenshots? I'm sorry, but I only get to check this forum once ever couple months and reading back I didn't really see much relative information other than that you may need someone to write scripts.

Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 14, 2014 at 06:34 PM

Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 14, 2014 at 06:34 PM

Edited by Blublaze94 on Apr 14, 2014 at 06:33 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 4, 2013 08:18 PM (Total replies: 12124)

I said we already covered the topic, but I didn't say we got an answer. :P

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 4, 2013 07:02 PM (Total replies: 12124)

Will the release be within the... oh, we already covered this... so, how is everyone?

Halo CE General Discussion » The Floods: A friendly request Sep 14, 2013 03:44 AM (Total replies: 5)

So I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but no one who replied to this thread ever actually answered my question. lol.

Time: Sun August 9, 2020 12:56 AM 282 ms.
A Halo Maps Website