A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MosesofEgypt
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 22, 2018 03:42 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
MosesofEgypt has contributed to 466 posts out of 466539 total posts (.10%) in 1,850 days (.25 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Help Error Tool++ Help Apr 22, 2018 03:42 PM (Total replies: 6)

If you don't know how to use tool and want something to help you with it, I recommend Pool. It's a wrapper for tool like tool++, but it explains more or less everything you'll need to know to use it. It also has a lot of conveniences that tool and tool++ dont have. You can find out more about it here.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50518

You can download it here:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 10, 2018 02:55 PM (Total replies: 47)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
What I believe is that religion should be celebrated in places of religious importance and the privacy of one's own home, and I believe that those who advertise or speak about their religion to others who are uninterested in it are twats.

This. Nothing wrong with talking about it to others in a "would you like to join our church" kind of setting. The problem is if they keep going once declined. Not going to take a side in this because I haven't personally experienced it from sparky, but yeah, those kinds of people are wristwatches.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Apr 7, 2018 04:13 PM (Total replies: 950)

Refinery supports extracting all sounds from ALL Halo 1 related titles, and also supports extracting most sounds from Halo 2 Vista(xbox is NOT supported). You'll need to switch it from tag extraction mode to data extraction mode.

Nope, I've stopped modding Halo. I only fix bugs with the MEK from here on. See post #3 in this thread for more reasons.

There was a bug in the dialog participant structure definition which existed when I made my port. The bug has since been fixed, and I'm pretty sure it'll fix the dialog bug you're talking about. If you want to extract the original maps from Halo PC, paste in my refined tags, and recompile them. As for the lack of elites, that might also be a bug with a structure definition that no one has pointed out to me.

If you want the refined replacement tags(mostly texture enhancements and fixes) then look in my dropbox.
forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50543
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Apr 5, 2018 at 09:03 PM

I haven't given it a completely thorough look over because I've got so much going on, but this appears to be the toolbeta map that bungie was using during halo's development. Let me know if you guys find anything worthwhile in it. I have only browsed its directory tree in refinery and opened like, one tag. Most of the tags are corrupt though, so idk how much you guys will be able to get out of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdmm4nqlx2wo345/toolbeta.map?dl=1

Cheers!

Yeah, that's where the script is from Kirby. If it's not exporting part of the jmo animation just let me know and I'll see about fixing it. I'm actually working on my own game right now so I'll get around to it when I can.

EDIT: Also Kirby, just send me the maxscript. I have a tool for converting it into an unencrypted maxscript. Did it for adjutants EMF Importer and found this lovely message at the bottom(censored as per the forum rules):
/***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Did you just decrypt my ****ing script, you little ****h?
I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 9,000 confirmed kills.
I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces.
You are nothing to me but just another target.
I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words.
You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet?
Think again, ****y.
As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the world and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot.
The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life.
You're ****ing dead, kid.
I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in 9,001 ways, and that's just with my bare hands.
Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable **s off the face of the continent, you little ***t.
If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue.
But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you *****mn idiot.
I will ***t fury all over you and you will drown in it.
You're ****ing dead, kiddo.
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************/

Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 28, 2018 at 03:04 PM

Just FYI, you can find all of the scripts from the original campaign in my dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/halo

Ripped them with Refinery. All you gotta do to compile scripts it open the scenario in sapien and hit the compile scripts button in the menu dropdown. The scripts go in the data folder in the same directory as the scenario under a folder named scripts.

So like, for a10 it'd be: data\levels\a10\scripts
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 25, 2018 at 01:58 PM

I didn't release a damn thing until I started on Mozz and my other tools. Those took me around 3 years to make because of how much I had to learn in order to make them. I actually started modding with the Halo trial for PC, so technically I've been modding since maybe 2003-2004?

My first crap map from 2006. Started in maybe 2005?

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1799

Yeah. Someone I know has more or less a full copy of the h2spp stuff, and is working on heavily cleaning it up. I wont name names since they are doing it on their own time and probably wont want the attention.

Just to be clear, I did NOT make this extractor. The credits can be found in the script. I merely made it work for newer versions of Max and made it able to extract animations without having a skeleton scene.

It's in the MEKs scripts folder. If you have the MEK, just run the updater and tell it to download the newest copy of the MEK. Here's a link to the MEK's thread.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50076

So what does my modification do? Well, primarily it replaces the activex widget dependencies with dotnet ones. Activex controls was deprecated starting with Max 9 in favor of dotnet controls, so anyone not running Max 7/8 wouldnt be able to run it without jumping through hoops and installing activex. In short, this makes the animation extractor work with Max 9 and up.

The other tweak I did was make it so if you don't have a max scene with a skeleton to animate(this is called the origin scene), then this will generate the necessary nodes at (0, 0, 0) with default rotation and scale. Not super useful, but it might come in handy.

This extractor extracts directly from xbox maps and exports to max files and jma/jmo/jmr/etc files.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Mar 18, 2018 01:58 PM (Total replies: 29)

Cant extract halo 2 tags, and yes, I actually compiled it into a playable map(actually read the post dude).

Halo CE General Discussion » Best tools for creating Halo Maps? Mar 17, 2018 03:56 PM (Total replies: 6)

If the MEK is giving you issues installing, you can install the MEKE, which is the essentials edition. It comes prebuilt with accelerators already compiled. It only contains mozzarilla, refinery, and pool though, so if you're planning to use any of the other tools in the MEK you'll need to actually install the MEK. The accelerator modules are only used in mozzarilla, refinery, and hboc(halo bitmap optimizer and converter) so if you can't get them installed it's not a huge deal since the MEKE already contains 2 of those 3.

Here's the MEKE thread.

forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Mar 17, 2018 03:43 PM (Total replies: 29)

I can't tell you how old it is. The build date is empty. All I know is that it's supposed to be a demo map of the xbox b30. Sadly though, I played it through on easy and it seems to be exactly the same and the retail b30. Sapien reveals a banshee on the beach, but I haven't looked at it enough to tell if it's on any difficulties.

I was handed the xbox map by a couple forum users, but I ripped it myself and converted the tags to PC format and compiled a mostly working map from them. I don't really want to upload the xbox map because of how full my dropbox is geting, but I'm sure the people who handed it to me will be willing to hand it out...... Hopefully.... The compiled CE map and the CE tags are in my dropbox.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50543

Conversions I did:

HBOC to convert xbox-only formats to pc
HBOC to swap multipurpose map channels around(also converted them to 32bit to not screw their compressed colors worse)
HBOC to swap meter gradient and image channels
mode to mod2 converter to convert models to gbxmodels

And that's basically it. The map plays all the way through, though the pause menu doesn't work(coulda guessed that one), all geometry that uses shader_transparent_generic is invisible(that shader doesnt work on pc), and some shaders seem to be blending wrong(look at the sky). The lightmap vertices seem to be really screwy, but that might just be the fact that it's the demo, so idk.

Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 18, 2018 at 02:00 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Mar 16, 2018 02:55 AM (Total replies: 29)

I explicitly fixed this bug after running into it a little bit ago. I made the fix(supyr_structs version bumped up to 1.1.3), pushed it to PYPI(so the MEK can find it), and forgot to push it to my repository. Then when I switched to my new laptop I didn't have the 1.1.3 and was still using 1.1.2 with the bug. Go ahead and download an updated copy of the MEKE.

I swear to god I'm tired of these stupid little significant bugs.

EDIT: Also, you should include the entire error if you can, not just the last part of it. When it says:
Quote: During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

that means the stuff above it is part of the error. too

EDIT EDIT: Oh, did I mention that I got a new laptop?
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16834154702
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 16, 2018 at 05:36 AM

If I did I would've helped :P

Refinery to rip the sound and sound_looping files(tags) and Composer to play them.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50342

Do not tl;dr, especially with Composer. When you install Refinery, read its readme. Other people here can help you if you have questions.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Mar 10, 2018 11:37 PM (Total replies: 29)

MEK and MEKE have been updated. Masterz found a bug where scripts wouldn't be extracted if infinity is used as a float value in any of the scripts(yeah, who knew HSC allowed that?), and another bug where new line characters might not be inserted correctly when editing unicode_string_list and string_list tags. If you suspect your ustr or str# tags are borked because of that, just open and resave them in mozzarilla and it'll fix it.

Also, Refinery can now rip the b30 xbox demo map from, and some bugs with stubbs extraction have been fixed. I havent had a stubbs map to test with for a long while, so the bugs kinda slipped past for idk how long. There still might be bugs with ripping stubbs maps, so idk(I still dont have a stubbs pc or xbox map to test with).
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 10, 2018 at 11:38 PM
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Apr 8, 2018 at 02:35 PM

I think it was "Intro to FRAPS" or something(which ofc stands for "frames per slideshow"). Probably around a whopping 200 FPS in that case.

Time: Thu April 26, 2018 12:06 AM 296 ms.
A Halo Maps Website