A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Rosanna Weyland
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 22, 2016 03:50 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Up and down, and all around.

Post Statistics
Rosanna Weyland has contributed to 487 posts out of 469465 total posts (.10%) in 2,423 days (.20 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » halo 5 ripz Sep 13, 2016 05:33 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: OashKoash
Wow... that is alot of garbled noise... what do you guys do to reconstitute the textures, anyway?

We're not sure if it's an issue with the program being outdated, so we can't really say for sure what the cause is. And the method involves a lot of splicing together snapshots of the texture from the viewer to make a single, cohesive piece, so... it's pretty much a waste of time until raw extraction is a thing.

I'm working on a pack in my own time, mind you.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 5 ripz Sep 12, 2016 03:13 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: OashKoash
Hell, I still have yet to DL Forge for Pc, so I can't wait to dig around and find some neat stuff. Did anyone else find stuff like the cut Grenade launcher model and textures? What other goodies are hidden in the game packages?

Plenty of stuff. Some Brute stuff, some cut textures... have a poke around when you get the chance.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 5 ripz Sep 12, 2016 02:41 PM (Total replies: 42)

Well, all I'll say is this:

The method we have now isn't 100% reliable. We can't get the vast majority of the colour channel maps, some textures just plain don't work at all, and the ones we can get require some work in Photoshop to get them into a workable state. It is, quite frankly, an absolute pain having to browse for the texture you want, hoping it works - and if it does, then pull the textures out manually and then piece them back together like a jigsaw puzzle. The tools we have aren't fit for the task but they're all we have at the moment, and I really hope a better method comes along to automate the process.

Halo CE General Discussion » halo 5 ripz Sep 11, 2016 02:42 PM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
And this is why I don't like working with people.
Because they hoard shlt for them selves and make you drool for it.
Can you get off on other peoples frustration?

So, in other words: "the very minute somebody posts progress, I'm entitled to know how they did it and where I can get every single tool".

Let me tell you: getting textures from these files is a royal pain in the cooch, and that's even assuming you *have* all of the files - which I personally don't, since for some reason my computer doesn't want to unpack all of the module files correctly. When there's a tool worth putting out, people will get it - otherwise, appreciate that progress is being made, stop being an entitled little dog-egg, and be patient.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2016 Live Jul 17, 2016 01:47 PM (Total replies: 395)

Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Hi everyone, I recently went out and spammed people messages about CE3

You could have, at the very least, simply gone through threads that had content and PMed THOSE creators instead of pinging all and bloody sundry.

Halo CE General Discussion » Using 3d Ripper DX to export H:O models? Jun 5, 2016 09:28 PM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
The xtracted models over on the 405th suck btw since the OP hasn't discovered MEGA.

If you're getting upset over my extracting those assets without regard for people who might use them for modding: grow up. Not everything is done specifically with modders in mind.

I've said this before, and I'm tired of answering the same questions via PM: I don't put those files up on the 405th for modders. They're there for prop-making purposes for the Halo props community, not for you. If you want mod-ready assets, go get them yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 and Halo Online Game Assets Mar 12, 2016 02:23 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: MrCool
Well I don't have HO or H5, I don't have a modified Xbox, I haven't even looked at Adjundant, and I really don't care. This is just for people who don't want to go through the trouble of ripping everything, like myself. It is quite ridiculous how many people on this forum are selfish pricks about whatever content that they have ripped. If it has already BEEN ripped, what is the point of doing it again? If you do not like what I am doing, you do not have to mention a word about it.

Thanks for redirecting everyone to the 405th and having them spam my inbox with stupid questions every sodding day. It's not as if I had anything better to do with my time than constantly field questions from retards who can't read a simple FAQ and realise that I haven't provided these files for modding purposes.

These assets aren't hard to rip. I didn't need any special tools, and most of the tools I did use are freely available to those people out there intelligent enough to do a quick Google search. Ripping these files yourselves will probably get you them in better quality than I could provide anyways, since I'm not providing rigged files and I'm not providing in-depth texture files. I'm literally uploading these files so that people can use them in costuming projects.

Quote: --- Original message by: MrCool
Well I don't have HO or H5, I don't have a modified Xbox, I haven't even looked at Adjundant, and I really don't care.

Obviously you haven't done your research, then. Halo Online is easy to rip from, Halo 3/Reach/4 don't require any special hardware, and Halo 5 doesn't even require any special programs or tools. This just shows how absolutely lazy you are, and how dependent upon other people you are to do the work for you.

So, let me reiterate: go rip the files yourself, and stop directing people to my Archives. You'll get a better set of file, and I won't have to keep dealing with lazy retards like you constantly asking me stupid questions.
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Mar 12, 2016 at 02:24 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo-Online at the Halomaps.org forum Oct 23, 2015 06:51 PM (Total replies: 72)

Posting in an epic thread.

Halo CE General Discussion » Boring Threads Oct 19, 2015 06:30 AM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Today I learned: my parents will attempt to leave me over hard drives. As much as I love them, this is low.
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on Oct 19, 2015 at 02:26 AM

I'm struggling to comprehend the sheer WAT involved here.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Aug 6, 2015 08:17 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
As i've returned to this thread and forums, I'm kind of... disappointed. Perhaps I have rose-tinted glasses, but the level of maturity displayed here is pretty low.

Nowadays it's seen as 'cool' to act like an idiot. It's just a product of the times, I'm afraid.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dennis hates raffgie and rejects them. Jul 28, 2015 05:15 AM (Total replies: 34)

What the hell did I wake up to this morning?

Halo CE General Discussion » I am here to give my demands Jul 16, 2015 08:38 AM (Total replies: 44)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
her pvc outfit had the unmistakable aroma of vodka,trebors & hash which lingered with me until I submerged my self into a vacuum of lynx.)
Edited by SS Flanker on Jul 16, 2015 at 07:23 AM

Vile.

Mercifully, I've never had this experience, though I find PVC/latex rather yummy. I dread to think of how one person managed to accumulate such a varied bouquet, though.

Halo CE General Discussion » I am here to give my demands Jul 16, 2015 06:48 AM (Total replies: 44)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
You have captured soho's atmosphere so perfectly, minus the semen laden tights and puke soaked shirts.

Classy.

And here I was wondering how I'd forgotten the reason for me never going further than Richmond and Hammersmith when I visit London.

Thank you so much for reminding me.

Then again, the same can be argued of Sheffield, Manchester, or any other Northern city.

Halo CE General Discussion » I am here to give my demands Jul 16, 2015 04:59 AM (Total replies: 44)

Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
an overweight British bouncer

The best kind. British bouncers will either scream at you Gordon Ramsey-style, or they'll be terrifyingly polite to you, while they're throwing you out on your arse.

Halo CE General Discussion » I am here to give my demands Jul 15, 2015 04:50 PM (Total replies: 44)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
and you exaggerating about "indentured servitude" and being absurd over a joke is supposed to reinforce that you grasp the obvious concept, right?

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Kiss, kiss, kiss

Halo CE General Discussion » I am here to give my demands Jul 15, 2015 02:54 PM (Total replies: 44)

This has become the thread to help identify the most critical members of the site, and how they have the inability to grasp the concept of a joke. He is obviously being sarcastic, and is just asking for help with a few things in a semi-serious manner.

Obviously.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Jul 10, 2015 01:50 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Whoa there edgelord, i think you just achieved the state of maximum irony

I know, right? And coming from you, that's pretty rich.

Halo CE General Discussion » I am here to give my demands Jul 9, 2015 06:14 PM (Total replies: 44)

I don't get it Mr. HaloExtreme117?

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. It means no.

Also, are you still hung up on that 'everybody that dislikes you must be the same person' mentality?

Halo CE General Discussion » I am here to give my demands Jul 9, 2015 04:55 PM (Total replies: 44)

Doing arseloads of work for little gain and next to no actual practical value for a project that likely won't make it past the conceptual and experimental stages?

Sure. Chain me to my desk and have me work long hours in the boiling heat making sweaters too, may as well get the full experience of indentured servitude while we're at it.

EDIT: a friend of mine just summed it up pretty well:

"I'd sooner catch ebola than do your work for you"
Edited by Rosanna Weyland on Jul 9, 2015 at 04:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Jul 7, 2015 03:47 PM (Total replies: 2780)

lol screw this
screw halo online
halo online bad rippas
halo ce zteam will rip before this exist
halo ce zteam master rippas shadowspartan master coda
darkc0d mw2 gamecheap13 lord z0r = garbage
zteam is master rippas

halo online = poor rippas

That's nice. I'll get on minting that medal you deserve for such astounding, insightful commentary. Poster of the year here, folks.

Time: Thu November 21, 2019 3:16 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website