A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: NeX
About Contact
Last Post: May 24, 2016 09:33 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo PC, Halo CE

Post Statistics
NeX has contributed to 607 posts out of 466726 total posts (.13%) in 1,872 days (.32 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure May 24, 2016 09:33 PM (Total replies: 246)

Wooooo! I'm so happy for you dude! I can't wait to play the final product, especially with how fantastic even the betas were so long ago!

I hope finally releasing this gold nugget feels as good as it should.

Halo CE General Discussion » problems with attaching bases. Apr 10, 2016 12:05 PM (Total replies: 37)

Oh god halonimator...those are just awful. Just awful.

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
not like you are being forced to come

Edited by NeX on Apr 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 + OS compat fix Mar 17, 2016 05:19 PM (Total replies: 126)

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Btcc22: Would it be possible to push out the hac.dll fix to everyone? NeX's timer script (info here: http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/5790-global-item-spawn-replacement-script/) has been released and it requires the fix in order for the timer to display correctly. In the meantime I've been handing it out to people that ask about it.

Or, ya know...just merge for an updated loader.dll, so it updates itself? I don't know if Hac2 still does that now though

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Multiplayer Map Mar 16, 2016 04:50 PM (Total replies: 48)

my skepticism is from the videos kirby made showing it off. It was glitchy-looking, stuttery, and didn't seem viable for anything resembling actual gameplay, just a proof-of-concept.

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Multiplayer Map Mar 15, 2016 04:44 PM (Total replies: 48)

skeptical nex is skeptical.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 and Halo Online Game Assets Mar 10, 2016 09:15 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: MrCool
The only thing is I don't have Halo Online, and trust me, I tried to get it.

Lol obviously not very hard

Halo CE General Discussion » Profanity filter is pissing me off! Mar 2, 2016 03:54 PM (Total replies: 4)

Play on better servers

Halo CE General Discussion » Another Bigass build got leeked Mar 2, 2016 08:26 AM (Total replies: 42)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Quote: --- Original message by: rangerDanger
I bet you thought you were so funny you were dying of laughter when you were making these.

I still am.

Some say he is dying to this day

Halo CE General Discussion » A way to edit the fixed function camo shader? Feb 25, 2016 11:20 AM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Does anyone still bother to protect their maps? I thought we were past that.

You would think so, seriously.

I actually somewhat enjoy seeing stuff I've put together in other maps, credited or not. Even the yonlex ones (am I in the club now?)

Halo CE General Discussion » New maps... What is this? Feb 24, 2016 10:26 PM (Total replies: 61)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
It's been forever since I've downloaded from halo maps. Why is there a limit on download bandwidth again?
100Mb/s.

I think the word was "why", not "what"

Halo CE General Discussion » Single player maps not working Feb 23, 2016 02:23 PM (Total replies: 6)

Thanks, wouldn't have thought that profiles could cause any problems.

It's Halo. Look at it wrong and you will have probs.

Halo CE General Discussion » A way to edit the fixed function camo shader? Feb 23, 2016 02:22 PM (Total replies: 29)

rasterizer/active camouflage distortion

Still in the globals file though.

I've played with it a few times, but I've always ended up reverting to original.

Honestly just playing with the values should be better than trying to change the distortion bitmap, unless you're making a new one from scratch at higher resolution.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release Feb 21, 2016 06:48 PM (Total replies: 388)

Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
https://youtu.be/pa44-M9V_Io

Few things.

most of it's good.

I heavily disagree with some of the artistic direction on the br. the scope and mag are disgusting. but that's all subjective.

I dislike the idea of destructible vehicles. it's neat and all, but heavily impacts gameplay. with this system there will be no way to obtain vehicles from enemies

I like the idea of pelican vehicle drops, but I REALLY hope it's not replacing the gauss rifle drop

Notice he said drivers who are killed by explosives. Killing a driver with projectile damage would ideally yield a functioning vehicle. The demos were just demos.

Also no, the Gauss drop is still there

Halo CE General Discussion » Sapien without mouse? Feb 20, 2016 11:46 PM (Total replies: 43)

Halo CE General Discussion » whats wrong with TLMP- maps!!!!!!!!!!!! Feb 18, 2016 08:41 PM (Total replies: 11)

I ripped a BSP from a several tlmp maps to play with using deathstar. It should be less than an hour of work to recompile with classic tags. Their "rebalance" was meh anyway.

Halo CE General Discussion » what would you if i'd os mp maps? Feb 18, 2016 04:22 PM (Total replies: 66)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

OS has nothing of substance to offer other than visuals for multiplayer, and lets face it, no one plays this game because it looks good.

Obviously not, but it would still be great if it could. I still think if OS .map files were released that had a lot of eye candy (even keeping the classic gameplay), it'd be more of a draw than an ugly variant.

I wouldn't sacrifice Hac2 for OS visuals, but again - why the @#$& do we need to???

Well, because Korn/FS doesn't care (only preventing people from using OS, kinda stupid really...) and BT is probably burned out at this point.
Edited by NeX on Feb 18, 2016 at 04:23 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: Perla117
#62 is not a valid scenario_scenery_palette_block index in [#0,#62)

It is looking for a scenery object referenced from the scenario that is #62, where the index only goes from 0-61.

You are basically getting an index-out-of-bounds error.

Look in your scenario and look for problematic scenery stuffz

Halo CE General Discussion » official bigass server question.... Feb 16, 2016 10:05 AM (Total replies: 17)

It's a server where I do lua magic. It's not that magic actually, I still suck

I dunno, the stuff I saw when we were in there was pretty slick.

Halo CE General Discussion » official bigass server question.... Feb 15, 2016 09:49 PM (Total replies: 17)

There are several biped switching scripts, I think they all stem from 002s original proof of concept script for phasor.

Time: Sat May 26, 2018 7:25 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website