A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MrChromed
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 18, 2018 12:22 PM
Interests: Halo CE modding.
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play: Halo CE
What are you looking at?

Post Statistics
MrChromed has contributed to 275 posts out of 466906 total posts (.06%) in 1,897 days (.14 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

The original "post-carnage report" texture uses a resolution of 1024x512px, but in fact, the "table" itself is contained in a 640x480px space. Basically, the rest of the entire texture is just blank space that can't be used. Since the table was made for the Xbox (and so, 4:3 aspect ratio monitors), you can only create a texture of that resolution and, in the exact same location as the original (upper left corner).

This is a template:

This is the original texture:

Finally, once you have your new "post-carnage report" texture compiled, open your current .hud_globals (usually, it's located in ui\hud\default.hud_globals), and use the current location of your texture in the "carnage report bitmap" field, which is located at the very end of the .hud_globals.

Edited by MrChromed on Jun 18, 2018 at 12:26 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » halo reach elite biped tag Jun 10, 2018 10:05 AM (Total replies: 2)

You can use this pack made by Spartan2507. It has a lot of Reach tags, including the Elites and Grunts: https://haloce3.com/downloads/tags/misc-tags/halo-reach-tags-2/

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Campaign Request For Halo ce Jun 9, 2018 12:24 PM (Total replies: 10)

Crossbow SR = Templar

Halo CE General Discussion » Best forerunner architecture May 25, 2018 09:35 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: slashrat
I'd like to nominate TSC:E's architecture, if that's not too self-serving.

Oh, of course you can include it. In fact, it was my fault to not include it to the list. The TSC: E's architecture is simply gorgeous.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best forerunner architecture May 24, 2018 11:48 AM (Total replies: 9)

I'd like to add other great CE maps to the list, such as:

- Precipice.
- Hemoasis.
- Snowcast.
- Cenotaph CE3 2016.
- Insomnia.
- With Whiteness.
- Arrival.
- Delta Ruins (why not?).
- Requiem.
- Portent.
- Revelations.
- Core (and the modded version: h3 Core).
- Geomar Final.

These maps have a great Forerunner aesthetic. Some of them might not be the best in gameplay terms or even in level design terms, but visually, they show the greatness of the Forerunners achitecture. Of course there're other maps out there, but I can't remember all of their names for now.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Online v0.6.0 Releases This Friday Apr 17, 2018 06:25 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Atleast they don't get stuck on an SMG sound.

Hey Killzone, here you have the link with the original .rar which contained your files. This could be preserved for archival purposes:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji3e35jhnnavov5/old%20testmaps.rar?dl=0
PS: Sorry for the late response, but I was busy at the university.
Edited by Isxz on Mar 27, 2018 at 01:09 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64

i was the first person to port quite a few models from reach but i seem to have lost my map files that had all those items in them so all i have is old pics. they might be stashed somewhere on an old harddrive but who knows.

Hey, you gave me nostalgic feelings when I remembered those test maps you released back in 2013 iirc (2013 was the year I started modding with Halo CE, btw). I still have the original .rar with those old maps and I could upload them if you want. Idk, maybe for nostalgic purposes.

So, we can say that H2 marine anims are finally a thing! Is this the end of this endless in-joke?

Quote: --- Original message by: ChrisTheFox

Can you release a version of the HUD that just replaces the bitmaps.map file?
Edited by ChrisTheFox on Mar 24, 2018 at 02:27 PM
Edited by ChrisTheFox on Mar 24, 2018 at 02:31 PM

Cono256, a friend of mine, is working in something similar. He's patching a new sounds.map, so it can be compatible with every map (customs included) that uses the H1 tagset. He is trying to do the same with textures in a new bitmaps.map as well, but it's more difficult to do. Anyways, here's a clip of the first thing I mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQZzkMPlJQ

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Misión grunts (Co-op map) Feb 27, 2018 09:56 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: helldeath360
And if you check out the lobby sometimes the flood part one it gets 16 players ( A dam#$ mess but funny) This for getting fun anyway.
Edited by helldeath360 on Feb 26, 2018 at 09:05 PM

Yeah, because it's so funny to play against desynchronized AIs, shooting enemies while my friends don't see them in the same place, or they even see them dead. Dude, seriously, try to focus your efforts in SP maps. Don't waste your time in MP if you're using AIs.

Halo CE General Discussion » os_tool isn't building my bitmap Feb 26, 2018 11:56 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Also, there are 2 bitmap compiling commands, "bitmap" and "bitmaps". The first one asks you to specify a tif file, while the other asks you to specify the FOLDER they are in. You're currently trying to use the one that asks for a folder, but you're giving it a path to a tif instead.

^This. Make sure you move those tif files into a folder or subfolders inside the "data" one (the "data" folder is located in the main Halo CE directory). Then, compile using the right arguments.
EG: os_tool bitmaps np\objects\characters\elite\hr\bitmaps\elite_chest\rd\

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » changing the post carnage texture Feb 17, 2018 09:25 AM (Total replies: 3)

The "Post Carnage Report" table is located in ui\ui\shell\bitmaps, named as "postgame_carnage_report.bitmap". You can change the texture by opening the .hud_globals tag (assuming you're using the original tag, you need to open the one located in ui\hud\default.hud_globals. If you're using a different one and don't remember which one is, you can open the "globals.globals" tag and look into the "INTERFACE BITMAPS" section, to finally see the "hud globals" field).

Once you open the tag, go to the "Time out flash color" section and replace the original bitmap located in the "carnage report bitmap" field with the new one.

The original texture is using a resolution of 1024x512px, BUT, the table drawn in the texture itself is only occupying a space of 640x480px. That's because Halo was made to originally use 4:3 resolutions. So, if you're going to use a custom texture, this one must have the same properties.

As for the H2 post carnage report texture, Idk where to find it, so I recommend to create one from scratch. I hope this helped.
Edited by Isxz on Feb 17, 2018 at 07:22 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Some sounds not playing Feb 15, 2018 08:49 AM (Total replies: 2)

When you create SFX for weapons, make sure to use the right settings for them.
For example: if you're compiling firing sounds, open the compiled .sound in Guerilla and set the "class" to "weapon_fire". If it's a reloading sound, the class should be "weapon_reload" and so on.

You can view the sound\sfx\weapons directory as reference in order to understand the right settings for the different kinds of sounds that will have a weapon (including grenades). And also, make sure you're compiling the sounds in mono and in Xbox format (you can download the Xbox codec right here: https://haloce3.com/downloads/misc-files/xbox-codec-updated-3264bit/ )

Natively, Halo CE doesn't recognize the 44Khz quality for weapons sounds, but you can use a "trick" in order to emulate the 44Khz and gain some audio quality: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=48948

And as for the .wav files, they must be always in 16-bit sample rate and mono format (at least for the weapon sounds). I hope this express tutorial can help you.
Edited by Isxz on Feb 15, 2018 at 08:55 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I block interpolation on my server? Dec 11, 2017 03:37 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Play on xbox instead.

Halo CE General Discussion » HAC2 Not Longer Working For Multiplayer Dec 10, 2017 10:02 PM (Total replies: 3)

Besides the Lateksi's tutorial, I'll post an "alternative" solution that, at least, worked for me:

- Download this DLL (don't worry, It's not a virus. I'm a serious person): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/327226885144838145/389111636452966410/hac.dll
- Put it in your Halo CE main directory.
- Run the game.

This solution worked for me as I said before. Maybe it will work for other people.
Edited by Isxz on Dec 10, 2017 at 10:03 PM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/283642003781320706/389056761665028107/berserk.sound
Edited by Isxz on Dec 9, 2017 at 09:18 AM

Alright. I managed to edit the gbxmodel, so you can use the Marine with gutted torso. The thing is: you can only spawn that permutation. So, all the Marines will have the gutted torso. I don't know if that may help you. I don't know how to modding with Halo PC. I edited this using the HEK for Custom Edition, but I guess you know how to inject models in Halo PC (iirc, that's possible).

Anyways, here's the link for the gbxmodel: https://www.mediafire.com/file/a9615fig2ie6kim/marine_armored.rar

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
I'm pretty sure you released all this before in another thread, probably likewise back from 2012 or so.

I say that because I remember downloading these tags and seeing this same video once before. For the life of me though, I can't seem to find that other thread after several google searches...

Regardless, thanks anyway.

I'd say the same. I remember having that BSP in the past thanks to someone that released it, including other tags. I guess it's the same guy.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 covenant bipeds [RELEASE] Dec 3, 2017 09:15 AM (Total replies: 7)

I appreciate your effort in trying to release these tags, but I need to be honest: they suck so hard. And I'll tell you why:

> Terrible rigging work.
> Broken shaders (probably, the original authors didn't even know how to properly setup Material IDs on 3ds Max, and so, some bipeds share the same shaders/materials when they shouldn't).
> Unexisting smoothing groups.
> Unexisting LODs.
> Unexisting work on shaders (just diffuse maps put on their shaders and nothing else).

These bipeds should be considered just a WIP (Work In Progress) at most. I wouldn't recommend to anyone to use these tags, at least that you want to re-import them on 3ds Max and fix them there (anyhow, it's easier to extract the models from Adjutant in AMF format and doing all the work by yourself, instead of trying to fix these released bipeds). If this release is some kind of joke, it's a very bad one.

Edited by Isxz on Dec 4, 2017 at 08:59 AM

Time: Sat June 23, 2018 5:32 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website