A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Ranger Silver 6
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 21, 2015 11:55 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
are you sure you're serious?

Post Statistics
Ranger Silver 6 has contributed to 45 posts out of 461584 total posts (.01%) in 1,424 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jul 21, 2015 11:55 AM (Total replies: 8445)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker

Y'know aren't elites supposed to be taller than spartans? That fact never really crosses over into any halo game at all for me.

Does that account for their hunched over posture? I ask because I'm genuinely not sure. They might be taller, but the stance they take could bring them down lower to around the equivalent height of a Spartan.

In later games where Elites are used as multiplayer characters you could attribute it to them being kept the same size for balance reasons.

As far as those bipeds, they look great.

Thank you. This is something I've been after.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Lumoria... Complete. Jul 28, 2013 01:01 PM (Total replies: 382)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ivona Gana
Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI
Quote: --- Original message by: Ivona Gana
This thread is going in the only logical direction a conversation about Lumoria would head. Nothing to see here.

An argument? Sounds like it.

No, it's heading toward discussions of other things, because Lumoria doesn't have the capacity to keep anybody entertained for any length of time.

I personally found Lumoria to be fairly entertaining. Yes it has issues, and I feel some things should have been done differently. But for what it is, it works pretty well

Halo CE General Discussion » Takedown: Project Lawson Jul 19, 2013 09:40 PM (Total replies: 713)

the CE3 edition will be good for me since I didn't know Introduction even existed

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Lumoria... Complete. Jul 18, 2013 07:53 PM (Total replies: 382)

I would like the tags for the ODSTs, mainly the leader who uses the shotgun in battle. I am drawing a blank on his name right now unfortunately

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2013 Live Jul 12, 2013 11:30 PM (Total replies: 589)

ah this is the first I've ever heard of this thing and I'll be busy painting a house at the time. Guess I'll just have to catch it on youtube after

Quote: --- Original message by: TheDave7365
Quote: --- Original message by: Ranger Silver 6
looking over this thread your ideas have a lot of potential on a conceptual level. I feel like some of the others are right in that it would be beneficial to create your own IP for this rather than use Halo's, would allow you more freedom with what you could do.

and then all we need is someone capable of doing so

would love to be of help, but my skills aren't very applicable to this project. Good luck to all of you though

looking over this thread your ideas have a lot of potential on a conceptual level. I feel like some of the others are right in that it would be beneficial to create your own IP for this rather than use Halo's, would allow you more freedom with what you could do.

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 2013 Live Jun 29, 2013 02:04 AM (Total replies: 589)

I played Lumoria, overall it was enjoyable. It had a few issues with it that could have been caught before release, but nothing that really kept it from being playable

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] SOI's Tag dump Jun 23, 2013 02:38 AM (Total replies: 1142)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
http://halo.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo/Gallery/Concept/sketch_069.jpg

Past Weapons maybe?

2 barrels and 2 separate magazines...

That might be a bit hard to tag.

The second barrel and magazine are for the underbarrel grenade launcher, I believe.

That complicates things even further.

complicated, but still doable

General Machinima Discussions » AllDev type setup, help Jun 14, 2013 11:58 PM (Total replies: 0)

so I'm working setting up a machinima series and just need a slight bit of help. From what I have seen the alldev program was never updated to the latest version of CE, unless I missed something horribly obvious. I was just wondering if there was a way to give multiple people on the server commands like the camera controls mainly, and possibly infinite ammo and bump possession.

Thank you in advance.

edit: And nevermind, I was just missing the obvious

I should say thanks for not replying and letting me force through it on my own
Edited by Ranger Silver 6 on Jun 16, 2013 at 06:31 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: sargejohnson
IIRC HEK+ doesn't have an installer, if you download from the Halomaps website you just need to extract the files then run the HEK+ program.
The HEK+ program can be downloaded from here:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2289

If it does require .NET 1.1 though, download and install this version:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=33

by installer I meant the setup.exe file, but thanks for the help everyone, I was able to get it going

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 31, 2013 07:06 PM (Total replies: 11908)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tiel
...way to pick up on joking, buddy.

I know in this case it was a joke, it was horribly obvious. But I was meaning in general, not this one time. Poor timing on my part I suppose

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 31, 2013 05:34 PM (Total replies: 11908)

why does CMT get so much hate on here anyway. Seems a bit pointless from my perspective

that is not very helpful to my problem specifically since I can't even run the setup, but there's got to be someone out there that benefited from the video though

I was drawn to custom edition because it provides a lot of tools helpful for a machinima project I am working on. I decided to make a few changes to the map gyrophobia so I did the research how to go about that. When I went into this I didn't know anything about modding so this is a good learning experience for me.

So onto the actual issues. When I try to run the installer it tells me I need a specific .NET framework 1.1.4322 my framework is 4.5. So do I need that specific framework number or am I missing something horribly obvious?

I appreciate any help that can be given, however minor

Halo CE General Discussion » Takedown: Project Lawson May 19, 2013 10:28 PM (Total replies: 713)

I say 2 map files, I am willing to put up with a few minor inconviniences if it means having a few more little things in the game to make it that bit better

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan Tom

Your not the guy who blame Jesse. I'm the one who Blame Jesse and, I posted this to apologise to Jesse for blaming him. I'm actually was not in a good mood that time.
Edited by Spartan Tom on May 18, 2013 at 09:22 AM
Edited by Spartan Tom on May 18, 2013 at 09:25 AM

ah okay, I didn't see anyone else talk about controls here so I assumed he was talking about me. Perhaps a bit self-centered of me

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan Tom
I downloaded the newest build already. I don't know what is going on here.

Try switching your client\server ports, or try my settings.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/128104095-4.jpg

Here's a youtube video of some gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fQLeR7BOZQ&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Jesse on May 16, 2013 at 02:54 AM

Don't be like that guy who blamed me for his controls not working properly...
Edited by Jesse on May 18, 2013 at 02:01 AM

I never blamed you for the controls not working, I simply stated that it was on your map when they stopped working. I was never trying to blame anyone, just making sure it was put down in writing in case I was not able to fix it on my end

was there a reason you aimed that last target's crotch exclusively? rather than any other part of the body minus head

Time: Wed March 29, 2017 8:49 PM 313 ms.
A Halo Maps Website