A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: cippozzo
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 1, 2017 06:55 PM
Interests: Programming, rowing and games.
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo CE, Minecraft with friends and Insurgency
"I... I am a monument to all your sins."

Post Statistics
cippozzo has contributed to 167 posts out of 464604 total posts (.04%) in 1,602 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

These do work
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2620
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1400
Look for scenario_structure_bsp tags
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2029
This above's the tool.

Just use the original maps as a reference.

Just get the hek tags from Halo CE Maps section and use the bsp extractor v2.5

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Jam
some people on pcs from only 6 years ago have trouble running interpolation

INTEL INTEGRATED GRAPHICS 2000

intel integrated 4000, at least i played spv3's 343GS, the library and two betrayals.
Interpolation worked fine, same fps lags of 30fps mode

Halo CE General Discussion » Mockups of modified 343i tags Aug 21, 2017 05:52 AM (Total replies: 9)

trying

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 8/19/17 - SPV3 Completed! Aug 21, 2017 05:36 AM (Total replies: 11)

7-Zip king of zip

EDIT:
Kinda working now, extracted with care and love.
What's not working with wine:
-!!! Launcher
Still got it playing, but using console commands
- Open Sauce menu
I think is something related to a path where OS load the menu. Not so much important, but default FOV sucks for 16:9.

If it's working on Linux it has to work on MacOS

Damn it, 343 Guilty Spark is awesome made.

Edited by cippozzo on Aug 21, 2017 at 07:40 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 8/19/17 - SPV3 Completed! Aug 19, 2017 02:01 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
I don't play mods made by Antifa sympathisers, pedophiles like neil need to be on jail.

No politics here

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 8/19/17 - SPV3 Completed! Aug 19, 2017 09:47 AM (Total replies: 11)

Bad, not installing with wine(linux), it stops after extracting. Masterz hope you can do something for us, I played fine with the previous release, so it should be the installer.
Thanks

EDIT: I wonder if you could ship the map files and launcher instead of the full package.

Edited by cippozzo on Aug 19, 2017 at 09:49 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 15, 2017 05:56 PM (Total replies: 12102)

Just give me 20 BTC, I do not know anything but who I am. That's glorious right?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 31, 2017 09:14 AM (Total replies: 64)

Guys, I have a question: could you notice the difference between Halo 2 and Halo CE with H2 tagsets?(Hud health bar apart)

Halo CE General Discussion » Corrupted Tags but I don't know which one Jun 14, 2017 05:31 AM (Total replies: 3)

So far you had a valid error log...

Halo CE General Discussion » Corrupted Tags but I don't know which one Jun 13, 2017 04:09 PM (Total replies: 3)

scenario_decal_palette_block
it seems to be a decal palette, dive in your scenario tag.
it could be a missing or broken decal.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE Fighting Arena Jun 6, 2017 08:34 AM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
There was a "fisty cuffs" weapon tag somewhere around here which basically used the fp arm's fists as a melee pickup.

best tag ever yeah

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition on Mac May 14, 2017 06:30 AM (Total replies: 10)

There's a topic about Halo CE on wine for linux.
Open Sauce 'works' on wine, with virtually no issues (I didn't managed to open opensauce menus, but others did), and so has to work well on MacOS.
You can install open sauce in two ways:
1. Install Halo CE & Open Sauce on Windows and then copy all the dlls and exes on Wine's halo dir.
2. Extract the open sauce installer, but it's kinda tricky.

Halo CE General Discussion » Money May 13, 2017 04:58 PM (Total replies: 121)

You're all wrong. Halo should be used to make HONEY.

Halo CE General Discussion » Fudd Shader Tool and JMS+ May 6, 2017 08:09 AM (Total replies: 10)

Is there a jms exporter for blender?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] inferno Apr 10, 2017 01:37 AM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
So this similar to Moses program?

Mozzarilla replaces Guerilla. Inferno will replace Guerilla, Tool, and Sapien. The first actual release of inferno should suitably replace Guerilla's role as a tag editor. Inferno is presently only for Mac users and will be built to run natively back to Snow Leopard (if I can manage it, what with Apple burning bridges constantly) and at least on Windows 7 if not earlier. That is because it is simple code that uses no third-party libraries.

I'm on the interface development stage. Inferno will not have interface customizations that Mozzarilla has, but I'm mostly interested in the basics first. What I have planned currently is to have two different tag metadata displays -- a simple display and a detailed display -- and to have a scenario rendering window like Sapien and other community programs like swordedit and sparkedit have.

Inferno will have convenience features, but I want to rebrand the organization of files and include all the necessary functionalities so that you won't have any reason to use any of the HEK programs anyway. Zeus was basically the experimentation stage of all of this, and Inferno is the product in development. So the plan for Inferno is what the plan for Zeus was: a replacement for the HEK, both for Mac and Windows.

By the way, Samuco has been working on Archon for the Mac Halo modders.

My goal is still to get inferno useful on Mac and then port the work over to Windows. Objective-C on Mac and C#/.NET on Windows. I'm not doing anything fancy, and not using any fancy libraries; the most heavy-weight I go is OpenGL for rendering. I expect that to be a task to figure out, especially since I did not get that far during the experimental stages with Zeus. There is precedent, but I want to avoid looking at the source code of other programs if I can figure something out relatively quickly myself. I investigate references sparingly.

This will not be bloated in any way; nothing like the previous interface tests for Zeus were with background images and intricate widgets. Especially as open source software, I want to have the infernal framework do all the work -- both on the Mac and Windows versions -- and basically have inferno be the framework and a main menu.

I'm going to mention right now that I really really do not want to have disclosure arrows like Eschaton and some other map and tag editors use. I want the main interface of a map to be the actual rendering window, and to have everything else be subsidiary to that development environment. I'll try to make it immersive.

One feature that would be nice but is kind of out of the scope of the goal is geometry editing (modeling). I figure that inferno should support a basic .obj format and the Jason Model formats (.jms, etc.) and if there are no complaints with that, merely support supplementary adjustments like moving vertices. I would like to avoid going down the 3D modeling application path. But I am sure that it would still be fun to have the terrain be dynamically editable in-game, so adjustments should be optional.

Memory modding is a can of worms and is not a prioritized feature for a first release. The first release of inferno is to hand Gorilla a banana and usher him stage left. That's HEK tag file reading and writing. A very short time thereafter will come the reading and writing of map files -- that includes the replacement of map file compilation through Tool. Somewhere in there is also the testing and analysis of undocumented data structures such as internalized lightmap information. So there will be some speed bumps or hurdles that might be procrastinated until after the gorilla has exited stage left.

Eventually, I do want inferno to have the networking features that I experimented with in Zeus Relay: memory synchronization over the Internet, such that anyone running an included networking Windows service or Mac background application would have their game data synchronized over the net with any similar servers they joined. Halo is so butchered already that hooking would too easily step on the toes of Phasor, SAPP, Open Sauce or HAC2. I will probably use an alternative that I won't discuss yet.
Edited by sparky on Apr 10, 2017 at 01:35 AM

OpenSource?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE bungie campaign? Apr 3, 2017 01:01 AM (Total replies: 5)

Don't ever trY, look for the tagset in Halo CE Maps download gallery.
Extracted tagcould be currupted.

Hw 1, it should not be point to point equal to the campaign, too much open areas would be boring, I will focus on structures.

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Second game more than the first. Especially with some of the more unique missions like the sniper one, alice making it back to the ship, and even the first mission.

First mission rocks. Btw halo wars more than the last, needs more creativity to forge a halo ce iteration, so I would like the first one, at least the demo is based on the first.

Just thoughts, but I mean would you enjoy a campaign based on Halo Wars' shield world levels?
Marines with firethrowers and burning flood, lots of metal and blood.
I'm really interested in it, and I'll be working on a demo as soon I got spare time.
If you have thoughts about it, about tagset(I would like a vanilla one, but hey we're on 2017), about the story SPEAK UP.

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 10:46 PM 657 ms.
A Halo Maps Website