A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Dontu
About Contact
Last Post: May 26, 2017 04:42 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Dontu has contributed to 167 posts out of 467817 total posts (.04%) in 4,399 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Immured - an immure variant May 26, 2017 04:42 PM (Total replies: 13)

Nice! good to see you again Slap Happy :)

Halo CE General Discussion » New Halo CE Modded Campaign May 26, 2017 04:38 PM (Total replies: 6)

There is some genuine thoughts/ideas in there. My recommendation start small.

There is a lot more at stake here than "lots of time" You are looking at a pretty massive tag list with very little consistency for shared assets. This creates an issue with tag space as multiplayer maps have a cap that is far less than sp so keep that in mind.
Additionally AI or enemy diversity does not equal a good game or play experience. I recommend reading this: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131735/designing_enemies_with_distinct_.php

It gives a basic overview and will help cull the list more. There are some good thoughts on what various enemy weaknesses or more roles are, but at the end of the day the document in it's current state is just a tag list. I applaud your desire to be comprehensive in approach, but Halo does not live on a google drive account, it live in the 30-40sec experience when playing maps.

In summation I recommend refining your list with a series of questions:

sp or mp?

if sp what kind of story and do I know how to script?

custom tags or classic?

if custom what do I want to use?

vehicle centric or weapon centric?

how large will my maps and encounters be?

*These are more quick start questions and in no way represent the cauldron of design questions any creator is faced with when designing or planning their games/maps. You are off to a good start in your approach, but really work on developing a focus with execution (30-40secs of gameplay) . In some cases this is simply knowing what questions you want to ask. :)

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Halo:Skirmisher Sep 14, 2016 11:56 AM (Total replies: 17)

Hey there everyone! Its been a while, but I am still working away on Skirmisher and the Thwoback map pack. While I am transitioning back to Throwback I have created a design poll that covers some basic points. I am going to be using to help design the next version of Halo:Duel Edition. As of now I do have plans that exist beyond this poll in the for of spreadsheets and stock melee weapon tags using a new melee system and a playable map. I won't be posting anything on those at this time, but I am opening up the design process abit through this post and through the design poll. Additionally I will be leaving a couple weapon slots open for a community weapons to be added to the final mix. This wont happen until the mod has reached the point where the core weapon set is balanced.

The mod has a long road ahead, but this is the chance for you direct the creative process for player encounters and map design so have at it!

The Design Blog is here: http://hceskirmisher.tumblr.com/

The Design Poll is here: https://goo.gl/forms/NApEo160bZ0RGfzx1
Edited by Dontu on Sep 14, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 8, 2016 12:53 AM (Total replies: 11475)

When thinking of that map as a giant footprint it does actually take on a cinematic dimension that could have some good story associated with it. This is ofc with the right cinematic and I'm not sure if this was to original intent. Make some lemonade and see what you get.

This looks great are tags from this map going to make an appearance in the Urban map?

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Sep 7, 2016 01:45 AM (Total replies: 109)

Looks nice. I like especially the barrel accent metal plus camo looks well wrapped

Alrighty heres the last skin from me I think: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1MiXltvvzTOZ3cxYzNqR3Q4VWM

Skin Name: The New World Order
While wielding this skin you will be heralding the dawn of the New World Order. Guide all those with you to a better tomorrow. You may be the embodiment of pure monolithic evil, but that doesn’t mean your foes need to be paranoid.

Edited by Dontu on Sep 15, 2016 at 03:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Sep 6, 2016 02:07 AM (Total replies: 109)

@ Super Flanker: Thanks again for the positive feedback. The depth on the multimap for the Sand Viper skin looks pretty nice.

@ Spiral: The self illumination map on that is looking mighty fine with the hexagonal mesh pattern.

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Sep 5, 2016 11:33 AM (Total replies: 401)

This is looking better and better. The layout shot is awesome. Have you done any objective planning and pathing yet? It would be cool to see those mapped out

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Sep 5, 2016 11:31 AM (Total replies: 494)

In the vid doc it was nice to see relic happening. By chance what are you guys looking at for stats tracking for weps and map balancing?

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Sep 4, 2016 05:46 PM (Total replies: 109)

The Steed of Nod Tu

Also pulling from Celtic patterns and symbols for inspiration.The Steed of Nod Tu was unearthed from a desolate crypt and polished to reflect it’s past glory. It will run down foes with it’s thunderous reports, may your foes fear the sound of your tread.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1MiXltvvzTOcmp2aEYtc3JBSUE

Halo CE General Discussion » Jesse's Thread of Unamazing Things. Sep 2, 2016 01:33 PM (Total replies: 401)

This is looking like it is headed in a really solid direction. I like the initial layout and the scaling for the interior spaces. Urban done right.

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Aug 30, 2016 02:06 PM (Total replies: 109)

Thank! Yeah Tír na nÓg has a good bit of lore to build a skin off of. I think the next one is going to be for the pistol or dmr. Haven't fully decided yet. Colors may fall under pale hues for greens blues and whites followed by gold accents, not sure yet though.

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Aug 30, 2016 12:07 PM (Total replies: 109)

Weapon:AR
Justice of Utnod
This skin pulls from classic Celtic designs featuring bars and knots. Addition symbols of powerful ancient weapons have made an appearance on the skin. Combining these symbols of life and power the skin aims to endow the user with the might of a god and the fortitude of a mighty oak. Wield this skin well as foes shall fall before you.

*!kcab evig ot ecnahc a ytinummoc eht gnivig rof siTLa ot niaga sknahT .ereht tuo nuf evah dna niks eht yojnE !etirw ot nuf saw ti tub ,pleh ot gniog ton yllaer si ffuths lacitsym siht fo llA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1MiXltvvzTOaFluSkh1cmlnT1U

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Bloodlock Aug 21, 2016 11:13 AM (Total replies: 45)

This looks great! I love combining classic maps into new layouts. This shot reminds me a lot of snowbound. Care to share more images?

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Aerial Jul 10, 2016 10:30 AM (Total replies: 49)

Looks quite fun and there are some exciting features! Cant wait to play this with a high player count. Great work looking forward to release!

Halo CE General Discussion » (Release) Nitra-MP map Jun 23, 2016 08:28 AM (Total replies: 25)

From images I see some great looking spaces for flag runs and pistol duels! It good to see a well done human themed map, I'm looking forward to playing this!

Halo CE General Discussion » Planet_Flood_B Jun 21, 2016 02:12 PM (Total replies: 42)

It would be great as well to post the story from flood_a and some intro to flood_b so we can have an idea what how to help with your bsp layouts and such.

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Jun 14, 2016 09:05 AM (Total replies: 14969)

Is that the H1 pistol? If so I like it as the streamlined silhouette reads differently than most remodels of the pistol which emphasize the vertical elements of it. Looks nice aside from some of the curved areas which could probably be reworked a bit. I'm excited to see some animations on this one.

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Jun 13, 2016 11:00 PM (Total replies: 8490)

More bipeds that are diverse and well tagged are always a good thing. In my experience with most ports like this bipeds are not well tagged which leads to some back end work. It's good to see people making bipeds still.

This is a cool thing to see, its a pity that things fell off. Its great to see dedicated and good work. Thanks for sharing with everyone, even if it is carried on the heels of some sad news.

Time: Tue October 23, 2018 12:18 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website