A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: H Guru
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 30, 2009 12:00 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 22
What Games do you play:
EHSv3 Coming Soon!

Post Statistics
H Guru has contributed to 3256 posts out of 469375 total posts (.69%) in 4,748 days (.69 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » script problem Nov 30, 2009 12:00 PM (Total replies: 7)

Have a try with this;
(script continuous empty1
(begin
(if
(and
(= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state mhog) true)
(= (vehicle_test_seat mhog "driver" (unit (list_get (players) 0))))
)
)
(begin
(vehicle_unload mhog)
(unit_enter_vehicle (unit (list_get (players) 0)) mhog "driver")
(unit_set_desired_flashlight_state mhog false)
)
)
)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » script problem Nov 30, 2009 04:02 AM (Total replies: 7)

Not 100% sure if this will work but test it.

(script continuous empty1
(begin
(if
(and
(= (unit_get_current_flashlight_state mhog) true)
(= (vehicle_test_seat mhog W-driver (unit (list_get (players) 0))))
)
(begin
(vehicle_unload mhog)
(unit_enter_vehicle (unit (list_get (players) 0)) mhog W-driver)
(unit_set_desired_flashlight_state mhog) false)
)
)
)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Map help Nov 29, 2009 06:30 PM (Total replies: 3)

I presume you named the water material in 3ds max/gmax with just the name "water" then the required symbol for render only and/or fog.

It is using the b30 water shader by default, and if you look at the base map within that shader and view its alpha you will see the shape of the island that won't be visible.
You either need to replace that base map with a white texture and compressed with explicit alpha or copy that shader into your maps directory and do the above. The latter will allow you to keep the unmodified b30 shader.

Halo CE General Discussion » scripting in over 30 vehicles? Jun 6, 2009 09:13 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: this version of ehs v2.0 and thay dont work

They work perfectly fine if you know how to set them up correctly. The script you are showing looks like its from EHSv1 not v2.

Blame Deehunter for the model of the elephant. Also I made the vid nearly a year ago so Hunters model wasn't made.
Edited by H Guru on May 9, 2009 at 01:59 PM

I'll try put another vid tonight showing it with another player syncing.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Blitzkrieg Mar 1, 2009 02:00 PM (Total replies: 8)

They must be referring to BlueStreak then. BlitzKrieg definitely does not work on anything above Max 8.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Blitzkrieg Mar 1, 2009 12:58 PM (Total replies: 8)

Doesn't work on any version above Max 8.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » vehicle spawning syncing- how exacly? Feb 23, 2009 05:20 PM (Total replies: 2)

Here's an old tutorial but it works fine.

http://gamerscreek.com/EHSv2-Morevehicles.wmv

Halo CE General Discussion » Astounding Attractions Feb 21, 2009 05:36 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: What was the map at 2:20?

Solitude
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1562

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle barrier; trigger volume? Feb 13, 2009 02:35 PM (Total replies: 5)

Like Hydrolysis? If I remember correctly KiDD made a tutorial on how to do that.

E: There you go http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3090
Edited by H Guru on Feb 13, 2009 at 02:37 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Script question(s) Feb 11, 2009 03:43 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: However, i still don't know exactly how to do an if statement with an else option. (so much for easy lisp)
Should it be...

(if (conditiontocheck) (print "this is true") (print "this is false") )
....^condition^..........^do this if its true^..^do this if its false^.....

And would it matter if it was on seperate lines?

(if (condition
(print "this is true")
(print "this is false")
)

Example:

(if (volume_test_object "Trigger volume" "Vehicle name")
(sv_say "Vehicle is in trigger volume."
)
(sv_say "Vehicle is not in trigger volume.")
)

If the "Vehicle name" is inside "Trigger volume"(= true) then
sv_say "Vehicle is in trigger volume."
Else
sv_say "Vehicle is not in trigger volume."

Edited by H Guru on Feb 11, 2009 at 03:48 PM

The 3650 will perform better as it is a better card.

Quote: Would a VisionTek - ATI RADEON HD3650 OC 1GB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card do that?

For Halo CE, definitely. Just make sure your computer has a PCI-E slot.
Edited by H Guru on Dec 30, 2008 at 04:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Ce Memories Dec 29, 2008 06:34 PM (Total replies: 37)

Quote: I remember when I wasn't here, good times.

^^ True that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map in Progress - Coldsnapwar Dec 24, 2008 03:30 PM (Total replies: 57)

http://forum.gamerscreek.com/downloads.php?cat_id=1

2nd one
Edited by H Guru on Dec 24, 2008 at 03:35 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bigger cache files Dec 22, 2008 12:38 PM (Total replies: 5)

It was released, it's on Timo's filefront page. I'll try and find it.

E: Found it on my hdd and uploaded it, 2nd one.
http://forum.gamerscreek.com/downloads.php?cat_id=1

Edited by H Guru on Dec 22, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle scripting help Dec 22, 2008 07:58 AM (Total replies: 7)

I take it that is from EHSv1?

Use EHSv2 http://forum.gamerscreek.com/downloads.php?cat_id=4

Then follow the above post I made.
Edited by H Guru on Dec 22, 2008 at 07:58 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle scripting help Dec 22, 2008 07:11 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: What do you put under 'client'?

Client and the Server fields are just the names of the scripts they can be anything as long as they are not named the same thing.

Quote: And it keeps saying that check_vehicle is not a valid object name, while the scripter told me to add it. And why do you need a trigger? Where should I place it?

Choose a place on your map where players won't be able to access. Once you have done that place a vehicle that is in the globals tag and name it check_vehicle. Place all your other vehicles you wish to script in next to it, and name them.
Once you have done that wrap a trigger volume around them all so that all the vehicles are within the trigger volume. Place flags (place them a bit above the ground so that they won't be halfway through the bsp) on where you want the vehicles to spawn, name them like you did in the scripter.

Now, the check_vehicle is what controls their gametype that they will spawn on so whatever you set the check_vehicle to be default/spawn on, the other vehicles that have been scripted in will do the same.

E: Here is a video tutorial I made a while back for someone. If you can't stream it then just download it.
http://gamerscreek.com/EHSv2-Morevehicles.wmv
Edited by H Guru on Dec 22, 2008 at 07:15 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Vehicle scripting help Dec 22, 2008 05:02 AM (Total replies: 7)

Use EHSv2 for the vehicle script. When me and killerkiwi was making the script for it, it went through a lot of testing to prevent those problems you listed above.

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 10:41 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website