A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: varsaigen
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 17, 2013 07:35 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
varsaigen has contributed to 14 posts out of 464843 total posts (0.00%) in 1,645 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Do you still require the models, or have you already acquired them?

Edit: Brutes, Drones, Flood, and Elite default/Assault provided. Textures for all Elite models provided.

Remainder of request: Scenery/Buildings/Plants, and Forge models. Remaining elite armors are Commando, Ascetic, and Flight Harnesses (models only).
Edited by varsaigen on Nov 17, 2013 at 09:27 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant 3.2.0.0 - Release Nov 14, 2013 01:54 PM (Total replies: 834)

I appreciate everything you guys are doing for us. Programs like these take a lot of time, ad yours is certainly ambitious! I can always find workarounds for my project for the models I can't yet extract. Eager but patient. (Really want a Promethean Knight, but my need for that is a very long ways away. XD Plenty of time!)

Halo CE General Discussion » "new accounts" Jun 27, 2013 04:27 PM (Total replies: 25)

I just got a similar message in reply to one of my comments. Such a gruesome display of mutilation under the username Murray. (I have the email as proof) But the comment does not show up in the thread anymore (thankfully)

Needless to say, I'm not suscribed to any threads now.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Extracting Halo 3 models Jun 17, 2013 09:39 PM (Total replies: 12)

Then I must be missing something.

I'll end the argument at that. No need for us both getting angry over an oversight on my part.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Extracting Halo 3 models Jun 17, 2013 08:35 PM (Total replies: 12)

Ah, but I was talking about the model part of the answer. I have not seen anything about Adjutant no longer needing the "Split Mesh" feature, and my up-to-date Adjutant still requires it, if I don't want everything as one material. (I have read the 40 page release thread on Adjutant V3)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Extracting Halo 3 models Jun 17, 2013 07:56 PM (Total replies: 12)

What? Oo

I don't see a reason to be hostile. Why exactly should I get out?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Extracting Halo 3 models Jun 16, 2013 06:54 PM (Total replies: 12)

Make sure to activate "Split Mesh" s that the armor permutations don't all come as one mesh. It's a texturing nightmare.

General Machinima Discussions » Halo Maps for machinema Jun 16, 2013 05:25 PM (Total replies: 3)

Haven't seen anything about scenery in my browsing through programs, unless you mean construction cranes, crates, and tables. Thanks for the info. :)

[Request Fulfilled]
Edited by varsaigen on Jun 16, 2013 at 05:25 PM

General Machinima Discussions » Halo Maps for machinema Jun 16, 2013 04:10 AM (Total replies: 3)

I'm aiming to make my own machinema outside the game engine (It still is filed under the category of machinema, really), and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to extract the map geometry of levels from CEA, Reach, or Halo 4?

I've been going through the internet, and have found few references to it. Most people desire Spartan models be extracted, thus there are about 100 threads out there steadily extracting Spartan armor permutations. There is a severe lack of Covenant, Flood, and Forerunner units, vehicles, and structures, and even less on the topic of levels. Gravemind has supposedly entertained the idea of extracting level geometry, but it is in a format he doesn't yet understand. So is there someone else who might have an answer for me and any curious souls out there? (I realize this has likely been asked before)

If it is possible to extract the levels from CEA, Reach, and Halo 4 (Each being a different setup, thus making good examples), what would be required to pull them into a program like 3dsmax?

General Machinima Discussions » Halo Model Texturing Jun 15, 2013 08:03 PM (Total replies: 8)

Cool! Thanks for the info!

And yes, in Halo 3, only the shoulders, chest, and helmet are changeable, meaning that the rest of the armor goes unchanged.

Request FULFILLED
Edited by varsaigen on Jun 16, 2013 at 02:12 AM
Edited by varsaigen on Jun 16, 2013 at 02:12 AM

General Machinima Discussions » Halo Model Texturing Jun 15, 2013 07:10 PM (Total replies: 8)

sure! My skype is the same as my email. :)

General Machinima Discussions » Halo Model Texturing Jun 15, 2013 05:57 PM (Total replies: 8)

Hmm... Well, for me, I'm changing armor colors in Gimp. I sure there is a way to change colors in 3dsmax only effecting certain parts, but I have not found it yet. (Nor have I really needed to, yet)

There IS a bit of a benefit to giving characters their own unique texture. :P Kinda like what they did in Halo 4 with all the custom store and camo patterns.

I could give it a look in regards to the armor texture not applying.

General Machinima Discussions » Halo: Reach Sabre models + textures Jun 15, 2013 04:30 PM (Total replies: 2)

Great program, that Adjutant. I've gotten almost everything needed for my own project.

Sabre model looks great, along with required textures. You'll have to use the map packs from xboxdb.com and open them up using Adjutant. Model meshes for the sabre would be "sabre.mode". Just extract that to, say, .obj, and you'll get it. Just be sure to turn on Split Mesh, or it will all become one object, incapable of using all the sabre textures.

General Machinima Discussions » Halo Model Texturing Jun 15, 2013 04:26 PM (Total replies: 8)

I can get the textures. :) Do you still need it? What format do you want it in?

(half a year late....)

Time: Thu December 14, 2017 7:32 PM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website