A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: TheOnlySkiff69
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 29, 2013 04:26 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
TheOnlySkiff69 has contributed to 42 posts out of 469346 total posts (.01%) in 2,159 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 29, 2013 04:26 PM (Total replies: 107)

Quote: --- Original message by: Echo77
Quote: --- Original message by: TheOnlySkiff69
@TheOnlySkiff: You can look at it this way: Flash Gordon, a popular comic strip introduced in 1934, included a rocket ship that the protagonist used in his adventures. The first realworld manned spacecraft, Vostok I, did not fly until 1961. The creators of Flash Gordon did not get credit for Vostok I just because they publicly mentioned space travel before it came into existence.

No but they sure did mentioned the persons name flying in it didn't they?

Vostok I was flown by Yuri Gagarin. He is credited as being the first man in space, not because he had an idea about doing something, but he actually did it. That is how credit works.

Apparently I read your last reply too fast so I didn't quite get it, but I get it now.

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
The first one made me want to build an arena, the 2nd one made me want the catching fire arena specifically.

And someone's name under a project while not contributing is not fair.

Alright I understand. It was pretty silly of me demanding my name to be on the readme or the page. But here's the thing I have contributed.

Weapons:

Weapon List So Far (2nd Movie):

1. Bow and Arrows
2. A Machete

Weapons From The First Movie (Some Are Also From The 2nd Movie):

1. Axe
2. Baton
3. Brick
4. Dagger
5. Guns
6. Knife
7. Land Mines
8. Mace
9. Net
10. Pod
11. Sickle
12. Slingshot
13. Snare
14. Rocks
15. Spear
16. Sword (If We Want We Can Also Use A Energy Sword)
17. Throwing Axe (Same As A Axe)
18. Throwing Knives (Same As A Knife)

Arena:

Arena Shape: Circular
Arena Type: Clock Tower
Amount Of Weapons: Not As Much (Atleast Not As Much As The First Hunger Games)

Middle Of Arena Specialty: The Cornucopia Spins Around At A Certain Speed Confusing The Competitors From Knowing What Part Of The Arena Is The Right O'clock

1 o'clock: Lightning Storm (Strikes At Tree)
2 o'clock: Blood Rain
3 o'clock: Poisonous Fog (That Burns Your Skin
4 o'clock: Monkey Mutts
5 o'clock: Jabberjays (Annoying Birds With The Voices Of Loved Ones/Killed Ones)
6 o'clock: Unknown (We Can Put In A Custom One)
7 o'clock: Beast
8 o'clock: Unknown (We Can Put In A Custom One)
9 o'clock: Unknown (We Can Put In A Custom One)
10 o'clock: Unknown (We Can Put In A Custom One)
11 o'clock: Giant Wave (A Flood Of Water)
12 o'clock: Insects (We Can Use The Flood Infection Form)

Flood Infection Form:

Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 29, 2013 at 04:28 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 28, 2013 10:25 PM (Total replies: 107)

Damn people all I want is my name is be in the people who helped is that too much to ask for and Mootjuh what movie The Hunger Games (the first one) or Catching Fire (the second one) that made you wanna make the map?
Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 28, 2013 10:19 PM (Total replies: 107)

@TheOnlySkiff: You can look at it this way: Flash Gordon, a popular comic strip introduced in 1934, included a rocket ship that the protagonist used in his adventures. The first realworld manned spacecraft, Vostok I, did not fly until 1961. The creators of Flash Gordon did not get credit for Vostok I just because they publicly mentioned space travel before it came into existence.

I don't care about no space crap
Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 27, 2013 11:38 PM (Total replies: 107)

Now just saying I know this sounds selfish and all, but if we do make the map and finish it and all that will there be a thing saying:

Made by: (creator)
inspired by: TheOnlySkiff69

You know like that?

But the Hunger Games wasn't your idea. It's a franchise that existed previously. If anyone were to receive credit who did not play a direct role in making the map, it would probably be the creator of the franchise, not the person who suggested the premise be recreated in Halo: CE.

I'm not saying I'M the creator of the Hunger Games and BTW before people start even saying more stuff if I didn't make this thread this wouldn't even be happening and most creators of things put the person's name who inspired them to make it in their creation and all I'm asking is for my name to be put on the page where you download it or on the readme is that to much for ask for? And yes I know there are a lot of people who are all like "oh well I have actually been thinking to make this map for a while" ok well you have been "THINKING" not "WORKING" and to the people who have actually been working I'm not mad at you but some people say "oh because I thought of doing it" but never put it out there, well I did so it's your fault for not putting it out there before me (keep that in mind before replying to me). This thread wouldn't have been even started if I didn't make it so all I ask is for my name to be put on the download page or the readme. And if one of you guys was gonna do it all by yourself, then just jump in help us out.

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
I've been thinking of doing one before you making this thread actually.

Then why haven't you done anything for it before and I'm not talking about on this thread I'm talking about when you were thinking of doing it. And once again you "THOUGHT" of doing it but never actually made a thread about or let it out there and even if you were gonna do it alone. And before you say "well you just thought of it too so why should you get the credit" BECAUSE I PUT IT OUT IN THE THREADS AND I'M THE ONLY WHO EVEN TALKED ABOUT IT!

Any way the arena is circular and it is suppose to be a clock tower at midnight or some time around that lightning strikes at this one tree. So we know that the map has to have a time changing sky.

One of the parts of the clock arena has this smoke that burns your skin with white bubbles so there has to be a type of smoke that will just hurt you when you get near it not all over place it just starts to spread out from one direction.
Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 27, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 26, 2013 05:00 PM (Total replies: 107)

Now just saying I know this sounds selfish and all, but if we do make the map and finish it and all that will there be a thing saying:

Made by: (creator)
inspired by: TheOnlySkiff69

You know like that?

Halo CE General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 24, 2013 09:30 PM (Total replies: 107)

If we want to (but I think we should leave it alone) have the Hunger Games skins for players you know and if you choose like a different color team you will have a different skin... but here's the problem if we do that then people can team up with each other and will have the green hud on that player but we could set the teams to only have one player per team. I have seen Catching Fire already so I can tell you one item that has to be in the middle: a bow and arrows because that's the first weapon Katniss grabs.

There's also another weapon: a machete

Weapon List So Far (2nd Movie):

1. Bow and Arrows
2. A Machete

Weapons From The First Movie (Some Are Also From The 2nd Movie):

1. Axe
2. Baton
3. Brick
4. Dagger
5. Guns
6. Knife
7. Land mines
8. Mace
9. Net
10. Pod
11. Sickle
12. Slingshot
13. Snare
14. Rocks
15. Spear
16. Sword
17. Throwing axe
18. Throwing knives
Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 24, 2013 at 09:47 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 24, 2013 02:23 AM (Total replies: 107)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dumb AI

So I went searching for a hunger games map on the Halo CE and Halo 2 Vista maps and found nothing! I'm really surprised there isn't one or maybe I missed but I'm pretty sure I didn't considering I typed "hunger games". Is it possible to make a hunger games map?

Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks

P.S. (Yes I know this is on the Halo 2 forums but I'm also asking if it can be a Halo CE map)

P.S.S I saw Catching Fire yesterday and it was awesome!
Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM

It can be done... but why should it be made?

Just for the fun of it I don't know. You could be the first person to ever make a hunger games map.

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 24, 2013 02:22 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Lolman

NO TIME, I WANNA PLAY! NOT READ! OR WATCH A MOVIE!
in all seriousness... its probably possible. it is just slayer, right?
Edited by Lolman on Nov 24, 2013 at 01:05 AM

Pretty much...

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 23, 2013 10:19 PM (Total replies: 4)

So I went searching for a hunger games map on the Halo CE and Halo 2 Vista maps and found nothing! I'm really surprised there isn't one or maybe I missed but I'm pretty sure I didn't considering I typed "hunger games". Is it possible to make a hunger games map?

Thanks

P.S. (Yes I know this is on the Halo CE forums but I'm also asking if it can be a Halo 2 map)

Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » No Hunger Games!? Nov 23, 2013 10:18 PM (Total replies: 107)

Thanks

P.S. (Yes I know this is on the Halo 2 forums but I'm also asking if it can be a Halo CE map)

Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 Won't Show Up On Desktop Nov 17, 2013 08:10 PM (Total replies: 1)

Ok so I installed Halo 2 yesterday, but it won't show up on the desktop. Every time I have to open it up from it's directory because it's not on the desktop and I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it still won't show up. Is it possible for someone to send me a copy of the .exe or help me get this setup because I'm really getting tired of keep going back into my Halo 2 directory and playing it from there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 17, 2013 at 08:16 PM

Thank you.

I have practically wasted my whole day searching this up on the internet. I knew I should have tried downloading a map and placing it in my maps folder.

I don't want to make a map. I just want to install, you know, the custom edition of halo 2. Or can I just download Halo 2 maps and place them in my maps folder?
Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 17, 2013 at 08:04 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo StarWars Public Betas Nov 17, 2013 07:33 PM (Total replies: 162)

I'm admin on this server XD

Halo CE General Discussion » Oh My GURD! Nov 16, 2013 04:50 PM (Total replies: 5)

Damn!

There is almost 700 anonymous users on.

Halo CE General Discussion » Oh My GURD! Nov 16, 2013 04:41 PM (Total replies: 5)

Oh My Gurd Dennis is on!!! Sorry this is in the wrong section but Oh My Gurd!!!!!!!

Ok so I got Halo 2 I activated it so how do I get Halo 2 CE or whatever it is called?

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » I Wish I Had Halo 2 Nov 11, 2013 09:18 PM (Total replies: 6)

Good news (probably) is theres a rumoured steam version for halo 2 AND 3 coming out next year... maybe you will get your chance there.

THATS'S GREAT BECAUSE I HAVE STEAM!

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » I Wish I Had Halo 2 Nov 11, 2013 08:55 PM (Total replies: 6)

Even though it's 2013 I still wish I had it on the PC
Edited by TheOnlySkiff69 on Nov 11, 2013 at 08:56 PM

If you do (or maybe you have and i didnt read your post correctly) i have no idea, i mean I dont want to encourage piracy, even if you do have a legit cd key. oh and sorry.
Edited by Lolman on Nov 11, 2013 at 08:44 PM

I meant to put also, is there a cracked version I can use or something?

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 3:23 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website