A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MEGA_VKNG
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 08:02 PM
Occupation: Team lead for Dreams in a Cryotank, Part-Time Electronic Music Producer.
Interests: Synthpop, Modding, Gamedev, HaloNoobModder117 <3
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Quake Franchise, Halo, Fallout 4, Call of Duty Franchise, Overwatch.
Apparently not allowed to move on

Post Statistics
MEGA_VKNG has contributed to 4945 posts out of 463683 total posts (1.07%) in 1,308 days (3.78 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Yesterday @ 08:02 PM (Total replies: 14959)

G56, that thing looks rad.

Halo CE General Discussion » Today is Net Neutrality Day Jul 20, 2017 01:10 AM (Total replies: 34)

Net Neutrality day is cool but when is make money from other peoples intellectual properties day? I have halo tools I need to sell.

Halo CE General Discussion » :3 Waffles' WIP/RELEASE thread Jul 14, 2017 02:57 PM (Total replies: 1078)

Quote: --- Original message by: Imouto
i seriously hate 3ds max.
Edited by Imouto on Jul 14, 2017 at 02:30 PM

use maya

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jul 10, 2017 08:22 PM (Total replies: 110)

Las Vegas you say?

I live there as well, welcome and I hope you like it here.

Take your time on the project, classic games like CE can't really die tbh, even if the community does slow down sometimes.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 10, 2017 at 08:25 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Jul 6, 2017 04:05 PM (Total replies: 186)

I wish people would stop using the absolutely abysmal no copyright music. You're not making money, just use regular music.

As for the map, it looks great.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 5, 2017 07:17 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
To be honest, my favorite ODST design from the series was actually the Halo 2 iteration. Not sure why, perhaps it's the more subtle and simplified overall look of them.

Anyway, why the visor color change from it's original white to blue? Was that done in wake of the Halo 2 Anniversary design?

The shaders are still being worked on, tbh the visor shader is hardly changed from how it was in H2SPP, and I'm still adjusting things. I'll probably keep it the same, because tbh I sort of dig how it looks. No other Halo games except vanilla Halo 2 and the limitations of Halo 1 are influencing this project.

Is there anyone here who might wanna check out the animations? The third person animations are plagued with some problems, the Marines overlays are borderline non existent, they don't have shooting anims or even some reload anims, Elites can't get out of dropships, etc.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 5, 2017 at 07:59 PM

bad words not nice

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 3, 2017 10:50 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
These tagset uses dual fp animations? Its balanced for MP maps?

no dual wielding, and it's the same balancing as zteam so it should work fine.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 3, 2017 07:22 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Halo 2 is a great game.

Why did you use some random SMG animations instead of the actual Halo 2 ones for the tagset though?

Mistake, sorry. blame Jesse.

I guess its worth mentioning I have a lot of the HDoan anims too, and I guess I'll also include those.

UPDATE:

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 3, 2017 at 09:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 3, 2017 02:29 PM (Total replies: 24)

@Moses I started this before Mozz came out, but I'll def check it out.

@HandofGod Masters would have me by the balls if I didn't.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 3, 2017 at 02:41 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 3, 2017 03:14 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Quote: I'm aware Halo 2 isn't really that great of a game, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a soft spot for how it looked.

So you're also on the Masterz bandwagon of hating on Halo 2? How disappointing.

To a lesser extent, I don't hate the game but I don't think it's aged as well as people say it has.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 2, 2017 11:46 PM (Total replies: 24)

It's been brought to my attention that trying to move on and do something else is frowned upon. But I had these lying around so I guess I'll just finish it.

Dreams in a Cryotank (but really just me) presents...

Halo 2 OS Tagset Redux

So ever since CE3 2014 I guess I've sort of hinted at me doing some kind of Halo 2 OS tagset (Every now and again I'd post some Halo 2 stuff, and then it would never be seen again). I've definitely done pieces of stuff for it but I never fully started it until the summer of 2016 (That's a long time for some shader edits, I know.)

This tagset is built using Jesse's and Kirby's work as a base, with a few extra additions from me too. I'm aware Halo 2 isn't really that great of a game, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a soft spot for how it looked.

Every shader has been modified or made from scratch by me.

Weapons

ODST

Elite

Spartan

I'll be posting more pics soon, but can't promise consistent updates due to me working on other projects in other games. sorry that I'm using Bloodgulch as a test map at the moment. Hopefully you guys will enjoy these on your own soon enough.

Here's the video I uploaded this morning, with a reception so positive I had to disable ratings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWiZGg5NXX0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 3, 2017 at 12:02 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 2, 2017 09:00 PM (Total replies: 11342)

doing some shader work

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 2, 2017 at 09:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jul 2, 2017 07:35 PM (Total replies: 945)

Any plans for H2 sound extraction? using Gravemind is hell.

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that more of the role that gloss would take, not specular? (in more general terms, not just CE)
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 2, 2017 at 04:23 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release Jul 2, 2017 03:56 PM (Total replies: 53)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWiZGg5NXX0&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, it's Halo 2 tags. Nothing to phone home about. But I hope someone will find them useful when they're done. If anyone is interested I don't mind doing a couple MP maps with them too although they'll probably just be mods of existing H2 ports.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 2, 2017 at 04:53 PM

You might wanna check this out, as it'll be easier to determine those values ingame rather than constantly recompiling maps.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=49886

I've found that it's completely trial and error.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Dreamweb Release Jul 2, 2017 04:00 AM (Total replies: 53)

PSA: This is not how you treat a modder who's trying to do something else, just because Halo CE isn't there doesn't mean it has to be disregarded entirely. If you don't like it don't look at it and certainly don't wait for me to upload more of it so you can instantly dislike it on YT.

I'm working on a patch for Dreamweb and something very tiny for CE (it's really nothing super substantial, at least not for the average CE modder who doesn't use OS) that you all can rip and ruin soon, but this isn't the correct way to motivate me on doing so.

Patch will include content that will also be included in DW2, which is admittedly not much because atm it's just me and one other person working on that. I'll also include fixes, new FP animations, and if there's any other small requests I'll take a look at them. (Except for Forerunner weapons, you'd have to talk to Michelle about those.)

I'll have a video of the super small project tomorrow, but the Dreamweb patch probably won't be ready for I'd say a month.

edit: what the hell is wrong with you people
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jul 2, 2017 at 04:40 AM

cc = color change. Depending on what you're doing you might be fine skipping it.

Halo CE General Discussion » |~| Sparky's Variegated Thread Jun 29, 2017 05:10 PM (Total replies: 235)

Time: Sat July 22, 2017 4:52 PM 391 ms.
A Halo Maps Website