A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MEGA_VKNG
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 25, 2017 11:29 PM
Occupation: Team lead for Dreams in a Cryotank, Part-Time Electronic Music Producer.
Interests: Synthpop, Modding, Gamedev, HaloNoobModder117 <3
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: Quake Franchise, Halo, Fallout 4, Call of Duty Franchise, Overwatch.
friendly neighborhood big diabetic_kunt

Post Statistics
MEGA_VKNG has contributed to 4877 posts out of 461531 total posts (1.06%) in 1,192 days (4.09 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 25, 2017 11:29 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
120fps when?

gamespeed 4 and animations and values lowered even further?
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 25, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
this ideas are very nice, but I really doubt if something is starts and finishes from here.

I wouldn't speak if I were you.

There's some pretty interesting stuff going on in the background, but the last several posts from you have been negative nancy at best so whatever.
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 23, 2017 at 11:58 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 23, 2017 11:08 PM (Total replies: 11204)

I found a model dump of HW2 stuff on facepunch, don't plan on ingaming the stuff but it's fun to look at.

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Armonia Mar 23, 2017 09:38 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Dead

>not posting in a few weeks
>dead

lolk.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Legs in First Person Mar 20, 2017 08:29 PM (Total replies: 9)

It's possible without OS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEfS9nBvhw

Halo Wars would need a completely new tag set to be Halo Wars, and Reach tags? are you actually kidding me? Halo Wars art style is pretty different from all the other halo games, it'd need brand new assets not to mention all the brand new vehicles, characters, etc.

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
I have all the novels in audiobook form Sean, I'll pm them to you over discord.

I have most of them in physical form, but I can use them anyway, send them over. :D

I tried asking the SBB sub discord, but the extent of what I got was one good idea and "remake Halo Reach the game."

I'm interested in seeing what events in the novels and even other forms of media (Halo Legends maybe?) Could make interesting content for CE, for the sake of making my life not a living hell, please refrain from Insurrection stuff for now. I'll take 343 lore but it's not what I'd ideally like to make for obvious reasons.

My current list of ideas is:

-Victory at Pegasi Delta (Ghosts of Onyx)
-Castle Base (First Strike)
-Orbital Defense generators (Fall of Reach)
-Siege on Gladshiem (Contact Harvest) (Possible Play as Johnson)
-The Rubble (Cole Protocol) (Fighting Thel Vadamee could be interesting)

I haven't read all the novels yet but I'm wondering what other noteworthy events there are and to see what I should be reading up on, I didn't list any space battles because I'd ideally want a good amount of infantry based combat. Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing some good ideas.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Mar 19, 2017 at 04:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Mar 13, 2017 07:35 PM (Total replies: 11908)

They did. It's called the gungoose.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Mar 8, 2017 09:46 PM (Total replies: 70)

Please don't put me in any of this drama, thanks. I'll keep my own opinions to myself.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Adjutant tutorials? Mar 5, 2017 04:07 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Don't you love it when something is so easy and self explanatory and someone still asks for a tutorial on it?

Don't you love it when there's a help section in the program, it's explicitly stated to use the help section of the program several times to the same user, and they still ask?

Dennis can you please implement an autolock for threads over a year old, because this is just stupid and it needs to stop.

hey if this fails anyone involved is welcome into my team actually working on stuff that will come out :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 worst HCE mappers/modders Mar 4, 2017 06:00 PM (Total replies: 13)

The Dreams in a Cryotank team is absolutely disgusting

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 27, 2017 03:50 PM (Total replies: 89)

Quote: --- Original message by: negan2
I would say CMT are the one made moddin the best

I'm sorry, CMT are the best modders ever? Get out of your bubble and maybe notice a community like source engine.

CE will never be the best modding community to exist, and you people already know why.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreams in a Cryotank: Official Halo CE thread. Feb 24, 2017 12:04 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Is the goal of this project to import bipeds and weapons from other halo games?

No. oh man if only someone wrote an OP for this mysterious project

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:11 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreams in a Cryotank: Official Halo CE thread. Feb 24, 2017 12:38 AM (Total replies: 25)

Due to popular demand the original DINC has been retired, RIP, now it's proper.

Dreamweb's initial release is on track for Summer, with the content updates coming shortly after. After the initial release (excluding forerunner weapons which will come in a seperate update) Dreamwebs push will be exclusively on custom content and additions, however we'll give a nice taste of that in the initial release, like this Mark V:

Heavy reworks of the model are in construction

Dutch02 (some of you might recognize that name) is modelling the new armors for Dreamweb, and he's an excellent partner to have for the project.

All that really needs to be done for Dreamweb initial is the classic armors, LODs, and some animations for weapons, than it will be ready for all to consume.

I'll be ready to talk more Dreamweb during our 3 year anniversary. Although I'll be focusing almost exclusively on post release, as everything that's coming in Dreamweb this summer has already been seen in a mostly polished state. There really aren't too many surprises.

Festivities begin April 14th with Black Ops 3, and then ending the 25th with Dreamweb.

FINAL NOTE: Is there anyone in here good at UV unwrapping objects and is active? (and won't post NSFW or try to evade the NSFW rule in the discord, you know who you are) and will be able to help out? I can handle texturing, thanks to anyone who replies!

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Feb 24, 2017 at 12:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 23, 2017 01:07 AM (Total replies: 11204)

You took a pic on a basic map of some bipeds you didn't make, what do you want, a cookie?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 21, 2017 11:35 PM (Total replies: 11204)

Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck

If you're using it for a portfolio piece and you're an environment artist, I'd say that's a no-no since you should make your own textures. However if you're just using it for a mod or whatever I'd say they'll get you there really quick.

I'm not really an environment artist, nor do I have any, we're mostly just designers (talking super secret project, not dreamweb for any of you lurkers). So I'd say they'd probably help me out a huge amount.

Halo CE General Discussion » Post your Top 10 HCE mappers/modders Feb 21, 2017 05:49 PM (Total replies: 89)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
i've a feeling m00kz question why you would use such a disgusting looking pack but would love you forever regardless. just a strange hunch

It could totally use new models, sure, but other than that it's rather faithful and loads of fun to play with online, despite it just being a little test map.

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 12:15 AM 625 ms.
A Halo Maps Website