A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Kinnet
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 14, 2018 11:45 PM
Interests: Getting out of here :(
Your Age: 18 :(
What Games do you play: I dont play videogames anymore :(
Never lucky :c
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Kinnet has contributed to 1305 posts out of 468041 total posts (.28%) in 1,787 days (.73 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I know you said no 3ds max or maya but in case you can't find any other way, altis did a tutorial about it some time ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVbVjwsUVw4
Edited by Kinnet on Nov 14, 2018 at 11:46 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach Tagset Released! Nov 14, 2018 07:37 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
A certain someone(that is not me) is actually working on a script to convert adjutant model format(AMF) files directly into gbxmodels. Not naming names. Might hear about it soon. And fyi, adjutant can rip these models from more or less all later halo titles to amf files.

With animations as well? cuz otherwise we would need to re-import them into 3ds max, change the nodes to fit an already existing set of nodes of a similar object to use their animations, so at that point why not just use the AMF importer? idk, seems pointless.
Edited by Kinnet on Nov 14, 2018 at 07:38 PM

I think powerups in this map work that way
https://haloce3.com/downloads/multiplayer/original-multiplayer/containment-segment/

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi
Is it possible to make a custom map that doesn't have Halo Reach HUDs?

I don't think the technology is there yet...

Halo CE General Discussion » Rigging Face and Mouth in Bipeds Nov 7, 2018 02:06 PM (Total replies: 9)

Afaik eye blinking on marines is done through shaders controlled by functions on the biped tag, so don't worry about them in the rigging stage, as for the voice data mouth thingy... idk. It's nice to see ur back btw :)

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 7, 2018 05:37 PM (Total replies: 108)

Agreed, stuff like not being able to use the classic cheats on spv3 were a big turn off for me

Halo CE General Discussion » How to compile model_animations_yelo tags? Sep 15, 2018 10:27 PM (Total replies: 0)

Hi
So i was wondering how is it possible to compile exported animation files from 3ds max into "model_animations_yelo" tags. the regular "tool animations" command just creates the regular "model_animations" one even when using os_tool. Is it even possible? pls halp

Halo CE General Discussion » Help With Sapien Editing! Feb 22, 2018 01:49 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: Sargent 0
Quote: --- Original message by: JoshGee
The downloads on your program don't lie. Just because you poured hours of research doesnt mean anything. Those hours of research could have been crap for all I know.(I have waisted plenty of hours on pointless research as well) You may have helped a few people but the fact is there is alot of people whom your programs have failed. Yeah it may be a little rude of me to point out like this but there needs to be better help provided in this community is my point. Take Note and thank you. :)

lol...What a fricken idiot

lol...What a pointless bump

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
stop spamming useless crap

the same can be said about you :P

Putting a % in the shader for the glass on 3ds max should fix most of those problems.
Edited by Kinnet on Feb 9, 2018 at 02:28 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Placing objects in mid air? Feb 2, 2018 10:52 PM (Total replies: 3)

well if u change the z in the position in the properties palette u can make anything float in sapien.

Edited by Kinnet on Feb 2, 2018 at 10:52 PM

Pretty sure he thinks the same about OSTA and you gon get banned

Halo CE General Discussion » Some Possibly Crazy Ideas Jan 29, 2018 12:12 AM (Total replies: 3)

You could remove the ping animations of the marines, so they would be actually helpful when fighting enemies.
Edited by Kinnet on Jan 29, 2018 at 12:12 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Just uploaded my first mod! Jan 22, 2018 09:01 PM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: BioGoji1989
Wait, does that mean my mod won't be posted here on HCE maps, like, at all? Ever?

Can confirm, i uploaded a map on January of last year and still hasn't appeared on the maps section I guess Dennis doesn't have the time for it anymore.
Even tho it would probably just take a couple of hours

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 22, 2018 08:54 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Animations are ported too I presume?

Yeah, now way a pleb like me could ever make those godlike tier animations from scratch :(
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
These look great! Do you plan on releasing these when you finish the set? I'd love to use them in my urban themed map if you do.

Sure, i could give you them right now if you want. But there is a problem, since i'm very bad at rigging i just borrowed an already rigged set of FP arms from Gamebanana which has very different bones from the h1 cyborg hands. :(
Or maybe i could give you the raw extracted csgo ak47 anims and with Ik chains and controllers you could make them work with your fp set? idk

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jan 20, 2018 12:37 PM (Total replies: 11475)

CS:GO AK-47 ON HCE! :P

Here are the anims

Ready:

Ready at 20% speed:

Reload at 50% speed:

Fire:

Inspection:

and Melee:

I'll release once i finish all the other guns that I've planned porting

Go to your weapon tag and in the label field change it to: ar

save and see if it works now

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to change player model Jan 20, 2018 10:10 AM (Total replies: 3)

The fp hands used in the level is in this part of the globals tag

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » how to change player model Jan 18, 2018 07:47 PM (Total replies: 3)

Go to "\tags\globals\" open the "globals.globals" tag
and you must find these fields:

The unit on "multiplayer information" changes the mp biped while the one that's bellow changes it for singleplayer.
Edited by Kinnet on Jan 18, 2018 at 07:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How to open SP maps/bsps on Sapien Jan 11, 2018 07:17 PM (Total replies: 2)

Create a new scenario with guerrilla

On "skies" add a block and any sky you want, in "type" choose multiplayer.

Then scroll down until the end of the scenario.

Where it says "structure bsps"add a new block and reference the bsp you want in that box, then save and open it with sapien. I might me missing something but I don't think so.
Edited by Kinnet on Jan 11, 2018 at 07:23 PM

Time: Sat November 17, 2018 9:00 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website