A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Bungie LLC
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 03:03 PM
Interests: creative writing, theoretical physics - quantum mechanics
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Bungie LLC has contributed to 501 posts out of 465255 total posts (.11%) in 1,485 days (.34 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Yesterday @ 03:03 PM (Total replies: 134)

Have you considered using an already well-documented and reliable tag base for your projects, outside of the few assets of yours that are custom? Not trying to sound like a shill, but I am referring to the Silent Cartographer: Evolved tagset.

Since it's release, I've started using it's systems and templates for a general basis of all my personal undertakings/projects. I would like to pledge my help towards this project's development, but I would first like to present the former idea as a suggestion. If I were to balance, edit, tweak, etc. any pre-existing weapon or vehicle tags, I would prefer to use Evolved's systems as the groundwork, because - in my personal opinion - it's the magnum opus of some of the community's greatest content creators.

Tell me what you think. I know your previous releases of the project were centered around Evolved's tagset. If any of that's changed, or you have different plans in regards to what I've mentioned, let me know.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 7, 2018 02:51 PM (Total replies: 22)

I'm sorry to hear that. But you can't control where your content ends up, and you should know by now that kind of fate is typical of ports from later installments of the franchise. It's Been a meme in this community forever.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 6, 2018 12:08 AM (Total replies: 22)

Quote: --- Original message by: notrododo93
I am still amused by how the tags I released a while ago have only been used on latino maps.

What tags are you referring to? Do you mean the assorted halo reach vehicles, or something else?

Halo CE General Discussion » B30 vehicle bug in sapien Jan 4, 2018 08:28 PM (Total replies: 7)

I believe the CMT TSC:E tag release packages contain a fixed "b30_falling_box" vehicle, or something along those lines, which was a vehicle that previously broke on extract and never worked properly with HEK+ extraction.

TSC:E tag release also has several other "fixed" versions of campaign assets, like the female pilot from a10, which previously crashed the game or would otherwise cause exceptions in the editing tools.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 4, 2018 08:25 PM (Total replies: 22)

It could be that you guys were accidentally ripping the mipmaps for the textures themselves, which also happen to be stored in most of the .s3dpak files. I'm pretty sure the "pak_stream" file is the one that contains almost all of the game's full-resolution textures, as opposed to the others, which only contain level specific textures, among other things.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 4, 2018 02:44 PM (Total replies: 22)

It also would seem that I didn't read the Adjutant documentation close enough and I generally misunderstood how CEA's system works. Admittedly, not a lot of forethought went into this.

The .s3dpak files are what contain all of the Saber 3D engine "anniversary" assets. This includes both the textures and the models, the latter of which Adjutant cannot currently process or extract.

I had thought that the anniversary .map files would contain the anniversary models, and that the textures to which could be acquired from the .s3dpak files. This is only half-true: with Adjutant, I'll only be getting my hands on the stock Halo 1 models contained within the .maps, and not the anniversary models.

Oh well. I wonder how certain people within the Source engine community - as well as VKMT with their HCEA masterchief - got access to the the anniversary models? Perhaps the answer to that one's above my paygrade?
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jan 4, 2018 at 02:46 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 4, 2018 02:34 PM (Total replies: 134)

In regards to helping the project along, I'll be honest: I'm a bit reluctant to indulge in large-scale shader crunching (naturally), but if it truly will lift a burden off of development, I'm willing to take the plunge.

If you'd like to get into more direct contact beyond the hmaps domain:

Steam: bungiellc
Discord: Seraphim#4203

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 3, 2018 06:33 PM (Total replies: 22)

This must've been buried in galaxyverge's file hierarchy. This was one of the first domains I went to search for, but after scouring through the main page, I came up empty. Doesn't surprise me one bit though, considering Sparky's the webmaster.

This appears to be what I was looking for. Thanks a ton.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 3, 2018 06:21 PM (Total replies: 22)

The two maps in question, a10 and d40; I'd like to run them through adjutant so I can get access to their model and texture resources. Without the .map files though, I only get access to texture data and not the model data, which the .map(s) themselves contain.

Halo CE General Discussion » making Halo great again Jan 2, 2018 11:03 PM (Total replies: 5)

the highpoint of the franchise has already come and gone. this isn't news to anyone.

Halo has always had an interesting style and is steeped in a deep universe that has built upon itself over the years, even before it's total relinquishment from Bungie. if that's not what's keeping you here, I don't know what is

Custom Edition has always allowed myself and a close-knit group of friends I've accumulated over the years total freedom to explore, create, and immerse ourselves in the universe with total creative freedom - within the confines of the engine's limitations, of course - and it will likely continue to do so for years to come.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 2, 2018 07:45 PM (Total replies: 22)

Does anyone have a download source for the Combat Evolved Anniversary .map files? I can't seem to find any, despite my best efforts. I've downloaded the .s3dpak file resources from the CE3 website's "maps" domain, but unfortunately the .map files are not hosted there, and while I do possess a retail copy of the game, my 360 is currently in shambles.

Alternatively, if there is not a download source available, could someone perhaps provide a copy of both the a10 and d40 .map files, specifically? Those are the two levels I am trying to get ahold of. Thanks in advance.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Dec 20, 2017 11:31 AM (Total replies: 134)

Is there any way I can help or assist with the project's development? I legitimately think this is one of the coolest, and most promising singleplayer projects to surface on the forum in a long time, and your level of scrutiny and attention to detail is very appealing.

Most of my ventures in HCE have been centered around MP though, not SP. I've done some very limited SP work, but that was years ago. I'm not a very good scripter, by any means, and I have rather limited experience with 3DS Max, but I know the complete ins-and-outs of Guerilla, Sapien, and Tool themselves. I'd say when it comes to Max, I'm most experienced in BSP-related things, and I've also toyed around with vehicles and vehicle animation, and I've recently begun looking into biped rigging.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. Dec 15, 2017 06:45 PM (Total replies: 444)

Well, the obvious inspirations from Halo: Reach are a much welcomed change, and are much more aesthetically pleasing than any of the other awful generic sci-fi garbage that's begun to plague the franchise. But I've said enough about that already.

Nice screenshot. Looking good.

Halo CE General Discussion » How do I block interpolation on my server? Dec 14, 2017 02:30 AM (Total replies: 26)

lol

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Dec 14, 2017 02:28 AM (Total replies: 134)

please consult the fifth post up from yours

Halo CE General Discussion » Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. Dec 13, 2017 09:34 PM (Total replies: 444)

These projects of yours have been a work in progress for what feels like a century. I'm all for taking one's time to make sure everything's as perfect as it can be, but 5-6 years or so seems a bit ridiculous. I understand that it is a project that you work at off-and-on, but we have not seen much outside of video demos and the like. I am not suggesting that you should rush to get content out, or to produce something ASAP or out of desperation, but people will continue to gradually lose interest as time goes on.

Personally, I lost interest after your art direction took a new turn and deviated from that of the original trilogy, and into the direction of 343 Industries and their Reclaimer trilogy. There was a point in time where I was very interested in your Mombasa-styled city sections, as well as other recognizable assets from the Halo 3 era, as with the vehicles and the characters, which is what the identity of Halo is built upon for many of it's fans.

Not much is different besides a few modifications to the source bitmaps, and an entirely different set of FP animations.

There's also the fact that Broke never released the gauss sniper in compiled form. It was just the source files themselves. The only other compiled gauss sniper I know of is the one uploaded to the main site itself.

I'm pretty sure you released all this before in another thread, probably likewise back from 2012 or so.

I say that because I remember downloading these tags and seeing this same video once before. For the life of me though, I can't seem to find that other thread after several google searches...

Regardless, thanks anyway.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Thros' Alsthetic Two Betrayals Released! Nov 30, 2017 03:57 AM (Total replies: 13)

[friendly bump]

yo niqqa i'll paypal u 10 dollars to help the cause, fr fr

hmu on steam it's "bungiellc" i gotchu

Time: Sun January 21, 2018 1:27 AM 531 ms.
A Halo Maps Website