A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Bungie LLC
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 21, 2018 05:35 PM
Interests: creative writing, theoretical physics - quantum mechanics
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
friendly neighborhood contrarian funposter
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Bungie LLC has contributed to 516 posts out of 468022 total posts (.11%) in 1,782 days (.29 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT isn't really CMT anymore Oct 21, 2018 05:35 PM (Total replies: 9)

thanks op i came on cat she hiss at penis

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

I've always been critical of the original games, you can look up my post history going back to 2004 when Halo 2 came out. I got into modding because I was disappointed by the Bungie games, the only reason I am more vocal now in my disapproval of them now is because of the massive circle jerking around them. I would also add that my views of the OT are pretty similar to that of actual people how worked on the games, who have many of the same concerns and complaints about them.

343 may have divided fans, but I chalk that up more to the disastrous launch of MCC (much of it was outside their control as they've explained) and the lack luster launch of H5, which was by far the most problematic launch since H2. Their games on their own are good, and more solid than most of the bungie games, but people are blinded of the good feelings of 10-14 years ago, rather than the actual quality of the games. There is a reason H5 remains more popular than MCC, despite the huge push with the update and additions to gamepass. People will always opt out of the games, as they get older and new things are made available, its inevitable with a franchise of this age.

Halo has never been "grounded" it's always been somewhat campy and goofy, which was something I never really liked about H2 and H3 and liked about H1, ODST, Reach and H4. The 343 games reflect what people wanted in games graphically, starting with the mockery of H3 and the praise of Reach. You can easily complain about H5's narrative (it sucks) but H4 was top notch and a response to the anemic stories of H3, ODST, and Reach which came as a response to the backlash of H2, and felt incredibly dated as stories in games became more complex.

The franchise is still massive, and still important to the xbox. There is a reason it is one of the oldest popular titles on the top charts, and the reason it is consistently the top played XBox exclusive game. Has it lost people, sure. But it's also still going very strong. Infinite is obviously trying to get people to give Halo another chance who have become disinterested, as it should as you always want to try and retain your audience and H5 has seemingly brought in more people than it retained from past enthusiasts.

If it were up to me, we'd ditch all our art and go with the 343 style aesthetic, which is what we were doing with the Banished project. Sure we have goofy stuff, but we are a small team of 10 people and what is fun and interesting i s more important than realism, although I wish we could have an attention to detail in all our art assets that 343 has. I'd also add that we don't have to be realistic as we are fine being unrealistic, where as 343 games are designed to look realistic. Honestly to compare us and our art to that of some of the most expensive games on the market is ridiculous, if we had the budget we'd of course look very different.

I'm glad to see an actual genuine response to my concerns instead of defaulting to vitriolic disregard and indifference in the face of negative critisicm. I appreciate that.

I think an important difference/distinction between you and me, in regards to your first point, is that I didn't start modding Halo out of disappointment with the source material, or with an overbearing desire to try and fix it or "make it better", I did so out of enthrallment with the original trilogy, and the burning desire to immerse myself in these games that still hold up remarkably well today in comparison to most other media franchises, despite whatever shortcomings you feel plague the originals.

As far as your next few points, I feel as though we are at an impass, really. I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that 343 has suffered such heavy losses on the community side of things solely due to poor performance of the MCC, or specifically H5 for that matter. While those things certainly had an impact, Halo 4 was such an off-putting transition of style when compared to it's predacessor Halo Reach, and had none of the familiar styles or aesthetics from it's chronological predacessor, Halo 3. The assets were instead changed and designed into something unrecognizable and off-putting, instead of something consistent and familiar, while still pushing the envelope on overall visual improvement, as was the case with 2 > 3 > Reach, etc. See the aforementioned warthog example, for instance. Nothing warranted the onset of the updated warthog, besides the fact that 343 wanted to be "unique" and usher in their "new" style of Halo, which was unwarranted.

I'm not going to go on and on about this any longer for the sake of brevity, so I'll end with a point or two: by "grounded" I was speaking in regard to aesthetics, not gameplay. Also, don't make a point about idolizing and pursuing realism in an argument, and then proceed to immediately backpedal on your stance in your response. Just some friendly advice. :)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117

Sorry Master, the Halo Wars, Reach, CE, 2 and 3/ODST Warthogs looked the same. Halo 4 and 5 and H2A all had that yucky square box looking thing with monkey bars around it and unused gas cans attached to the rear. I like your Hog don't get me wrong, but the bars just reminded me of a certain abomination I don't like to think about...

I expected more from you than some whiney " I don't like it its bad because it's 343". Cages are used all the time on vehicles that go off road, to absorb impacts and protect the vehicle. Hating on it because 343 did it is assinane. The old hog design was fine for it's time but the 343 one is an improvement in every way. Just because you are looking for things to nitpick doesn't make your stance right or means you should be respected for having it. There are far more flaws in the Bungie design that the 343 one corrects than needing to make up things like "It has bars! it has gas tanks!".

Edited by Masters1337 on Oct 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM

I love how you praise aesthetic deviancy from the traditions set by the original trilogy of games and beyond, criticise titles from that trilogy (namely, Halo: 3), and then wonder why people are so critical and skeptical of your blatant 343i shilling.

If you do not acknowledge that 343i's radical changes since the relinquishment of the franchise by Bungie has done nothing but damage and divide fans of the series and the franchise as a whole, then you are being willfully ignorant.

Halo has traditionally always been a "grounded" military sci-fi experience, which gradually built itself up throughout the span of the original trilogy and created for itself a unique and consistent style for it's universe. The Reclaimer "trilogy" has done nothing but dismantle and tarnish the unique style of Halo's traditional designs and aesthetics, and has instead abandoned them in favor of a more generic, high sci-fi look, with overbearing amounts of plastic-looking materials, liberal amounts of sharp edges and unnecessarily complex structures all across the board. There's also the narrative of the new games, and the massive changes and retconning they've done to the universe itself. The series, as it currently stands, has lost its identity, something that Halo: Infinite is supposedly going to fix. Still, that remains to be seen.

P.S.: Don't preach to anyone about """realism""" so long as you've got silly things going on like M41 LAAG turrets hanging off the pelican's wings. There's a gargantuan list of silly things all throughout the SPV3 campaign that make next to no sense, in both practical terms, as well as in-universe violations of canon.
Edited by Bungie LLC on Oct 18, 2018 at 06:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Setting the record straight Aug 21, 2018 09:26 PM (Total replies: 37)

This thread is legendary. I've never seen a more hilarious example of a complete loser in all my time associated with this game. For you to admit it in typical pedantic fashion like this is all the sweeter.

I hope EtchyaSketch sees this one and gets inspired again.

*SNAP*

Halo CE General Discussion » sup Jun 22, 2018 05:17 PM (Total replies: 7)

@Waffles sent a friend request your way on discord the other day after seeing you pop up in the chimera group

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse

actually laughed. quality post

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed Apr 20, 2018 07:18 PM (Total replies: 52)

Because some users here are too self-righteous to function properly in a moderate society, or otherwise display any form of humility in the face of overwhelming ridicule. lol

Halo CE General Discussion » Chimera crash halo when i move my mouse Feb 15, 2018 05:26 PM (Total replies: 1)

Find your "haloce.exe" in your main directory, or a shortcut to the executable. Right-click, navigate down to "Properties". In the Properties window, go to the "Compatibility" tab, and then find the "Disable Fullscreen Optimizations" checkbox, and select it. After you've checked the box, hit "Apply" in the bottom right corner of the Properties window, and then hit "Okay" to close the window while preserving your changes.

If disabling Fullscreen Optimizations for Halo did not fix your problem, try disabling any of the chimera mouse enhancements that you might have enabled. If they were not enabled beforehand, try enabling them to see if it fixes your problem.

Halo CE General Discussion » Dreamweb 2 (Monthly Tag Releases) Feb 14, 2018 12:35 AM (Total replies: 88)

how much would i have to paypal you in order for you to re-release/update that ca$h money magnum on ImBrokeRU's glock animations?

demo video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CnkBTdTWsE

release download - https://www.dropbox.com/s/syy0ci7ss1cn58p/glock-p80_animations.7z?dl=0

Halo CE General Discussion » vkmt/dinc version 8383 recruiting Jan 31, 2018 02:09 PM (Total replies: 3)

where are the f*kn tags megasan

u need to give tags loser

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit Essentials (MEKE) Jan 29, 2018 07:48 PM (Total replies: 29)

Works quite well. You've truly outdone yourself with this one. This has taken what little hassle there was getting MEK setup and virtually eliminated it.

Halo CE General Discussion » making Halo great again Jan 29, 2018 01:34 PM (Total replies: 23)

I am not at all a fan of where the franchise has gone, and where it is today.

I'd be lying if I said H5's multiplayer didn't look like fun, though, as opposed to it's previous installment, which I played for maybe a month or less after release, despite the fact that I pre-ordered limited edition back in 2012.

I don't have an xbone though, despite 5's multiplayer looking like fun, it certainly ain't enough to tip the scales to make me run out and buy one.

Conversely, I might actually buy a PS4 just to play Death Stranding tbh, along with relive my PlayStation childhood with all the remakes they do on the PSN.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 28, 2018 10:25 PM (Total replies: 201)

hiding terminals in it

Terminals containing what? Another Sadie's Story? lol

I think something just as interesting could be done through interactions with the various NPC groups that are planned to be implemented in the level.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] RagtimeGal 3.0 (Tag Organizer!) Jan 23, 2018 12:04 PM (Total replies: 5)

This app was a godsend when I used a previous build to condense bigass's tagset - and all it's dependancies (outside of those stored within loc, sounds, and bitmaps) - down to one folder in my root tags directory. Glad to see that it's still getting support. I hope at some point in the near future I can see Fudd get a touch-up, too

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 20, 2018 03:03 PM (Total replies: 201)

Have you considered using an already well-documented and reliable tag base for your projects, outside of the few assets of yours that are custom? Not trying to sound like a shill, but I am referring to the Silent Cartographer: Evolved tagset.

Since it's release, I've started using it's systems and templates for a general basis of all my personal undertakings/projects. I would like to pledge my help towards this project's development, but I would first like to present the former idea as a suggestion. If I were to balance, edit, tweak, etc. any pre-existing weapon or vehicle tags, I would prefer to use Evolved's systems as the groundwork, because - in my personal opinion - it's the magnum opus of some of the community's greatest content creators.

Tell me what you think. I know your previous releases of the project were centered around Evolved's tagset. If any of that's changed, or you have different plans in regards to what I've mentioned, let me know.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 7, 2018 02:51 PM (Total replies: 23)

I'm sorry to hear that. But you can't control where your content ends up, and you should know by now that kind of fate is typical of ports from later installments of the franchise. It's Been a meme in this community forever.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 6, 2018 12:08 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: notrododo93
I am still amused by how the tags I released a while ago have only been used on latino maps.

What tags are you referring to? Do you mean the assorted halo reach vehicles, or something else?

Halo CE General Discussion » B30 vehicle bug in sapien Jan 4, 2018 08:28 PM (Total replies: 7)

I believe the CMT TSC:E tag release packages contain a fixed "b30_falling_box" vehicle, or something along those lines, which was a vehicle that previously broke on extract and never worked properly with HEK+ extraction.

TSC:E tag release also has several other "fixed" versions of campaign assets, like the female pilot from a10, which previously crashed the game or would otherwise cause exceptions in the editing tools.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 4, 2018 08:25 PM (Total replies: 23)

It could be that you guys were accidentally ripping the mipmaps for the textures themselves, which also happen to be stored in most of the .s3dpak files. I'm pretty sure the "pak_stream" file is the one that contains almost all of the game's full-resolution textures, as opposed to the others, which only contain level specific textures, among other things.

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA .map files (as opposed to .s3dpak) Jan 4, 2018 02:44 PM (Total replies: 23)

It also would seem that I didn't read the Adjutant documentation close enough and I generally misunderstood how CEA's system works. Admittedly, not a lot of forethought went into this.

The .s3dpak files are what contain all of the Saber 3D engine "anniversary" assets. This includes both the textures and the models, the latter of which Adjutant cannot currently process or extract.

I had thought that the anniversary .map files would contain the anniversary models, and that the textures to which could be acquired from the .s3dpak files. This is only half-true: with Adjutant, I'll only be getting my hands on the stock Halo 1 models contained within the .maps, and not the anniversary models.

Oh well. I wonder how certain people within the Source engine community - as well as VKMT with their HCEA masterchief - got access to the the anniversary models? Perhaps the answer to that one's above my paygrade?
Edited by Bungie LLC on Jan 4, 2018 at 02:46 PM

Time: Wed November 14, 2018 3:42 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website