A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Jobalisk
About Contact
Last Post: May 22, 2017 05:58 PM
Interests: Halo (obviously) Anime/manga, W40K, programing and hardware, food. Japan. computers, gaming. ect...
Your Age:
What Games do you play: to many to count
The haiku master。

Post Statistics
Jobalisk has contributed to 671 posts out of 462935 total posts (.14%) in 1,204 days (.56 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. May 22, 2017 05:58 PM (Total replies: 26)

I was right. This thread is a gold mine.

Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. May 21, 2017 09:43 PM (Total replies: 26)

Best comment your've read on this forum anyone, heres mine so far (Its a haiku by not giraffe)

inadequate in
recognizing jokes you seem,
young haiku master

(Make sure to name who commented it)
Edited by Jobalisk on May 21, 2017 at 09:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Where to find an install key these days? May 21, 2017 09:35 PM (Total replies: 9)

Until very recently you could buy it on the Microsoft store if you were in America. For those of us who aren't (And don't want to be either), I bought mine off amazon for like $20 including postage.

Halo CE General Discussion » Introducing a new map team! May 16, 2017 11:54 PM (Total replies: 7)

Why are there so many blood gulch mods? Since when is a team 1 person? I be skeptical.

Halo CE General Discussion » HMU 4/2/17 - We're finally back May 16, 2017 11:51 PM (Total replies: 22)

yay, I just looked on the forums to see when the next one was. looking forward to it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition on Mac May 14, 2017 10:06 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: HandofGod
Seems like a pain to deal with Wine and all that... Just download HaloMD for free and play with all the other Mac Halo players like me.

And if they want to play with people who aren't on macs? Or if they want to play SPV3?

Didn't Jobalisk mention he couldn't get OpenSauce to work using his method? As far as SPV3 is concerned it seems like the only way to play that is through PC unless someone special figures out a way to get it working on Mac... hasn't been discussed much in the Halo Mac community recently.

Do custom Single Player maps and the like even work on haloMD? Not that it matters, I'm currently configuring Wine to run SWTOR so I'm gonna redo HaloCE again in wine rather than wineskin in a moment anyway which should let me use OS.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition on Mac May 13, 2017 11:08 PM (Total replies: 10)

Microsoft Hates Him!

Find out how this guy managed to get Halo Custom Edition working on a mac with one simple trick!

Seriously though, I did get it working, wasn't simple though. Its got the latest patch installed too, but for some reason I couldn't get it to run Open Sauce. Still, Halo Ce with the 1.10 patch is pretty good. (Oh yeah, it has to run in windowed) As for specs wise. I'm still waiting for my new RAM to arrive so for now its running fine on a 2010 Macbook with a core 2 Duo (pretty sucky, but hey, it was free) with 2 Gig of RAM, 1TB of HDD and a 256mb graphics card. So low specs are fine.

What I had to do is run a winery wineskin with the 2.6 release on it to install. I had to copy a DLL, mfc42.dll into the sys32 folder before installation. Then after it has installed and I'd patched it, I switched engines to 1.1.19 I think it was in order to run the game. Also, it has to be set to -window in the exe extensions. Of course, the size of the window is changed by your resolution in game so its fine for the most part.

Here's some pics:

Edited by Jobalisk on May 13, 2017 at 11:12 PM
Edited by Jobalisk on May 13, 2017 at 11:17 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 24, 2017 03:13 PM (Total replies: 11)

Sorry, NZ time, I was asleep. it's been up for like 10 hours now.

BTW, here's a hint. The first bsp's second wraith is drive-able. Remember this is semi-open world so some stuff you need to discover for yourself.

EDIT

Slight issue with the nav-points. I've fixed it and re-uploaded.

This should be the final version now, I don't think there's really much else I need to change.
Edited by Jobalisk on Apr 24, 2017 at 05:47 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 24, 2017 03:00 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: MS14A
Was alright on the section where you're making those jumps in the hog down towards the bottom I'd suggest some nav points because after following three straight jumps the 4th one off center and I died due to this.

Another oddity is that after the initial room you're put in the room with hunters at the bottom of what looks like a cargo elevator. I got down there, got teleported to another segment and then after that segment teleported back to that room now without the hunters before it teleported me to the next segment after that.

Also at the start you can melee the doors on the ship open and toss nades down at the wraith to soften it and the other covenant below.

Yeah that door thing was in purpose. The second section that you get teleported to is a different part of the map. It just looks the same because I wanted to make it look like a template. There's a sentinel beam hidden there and also a gravity rifle I think maybe. The final part with the warthog is do able. I've finished it 3 times. You just need to be fast and ignore the enemies. Glad to hear your enjoying it!

I'll consider putting that nav point in it.

Edit

Ok, I've added the nab-points as well as a couple of other minor changes. I've also increased the timer slightly for the escape. Not by much, as I know it's do able already and I think adding too much extra time would take away from the feel of it.

Just I point out, the storyline is that to begin with you have minimal resources at your disposal. This means that depending on the difficulty settings the amount of marines available is relatively small.

I should have the new version uploaded within the next couple of hours, just use the same link as before at the top of this thread to access it.
Edited by Jobalisk on Apr 24, 2017 at 04:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » This program cannot be run in DOS mode. Apr 20, 2017 11:48 PM (Total replies: 1)

The people in white coats are here for you Sparky, why not hop in their comfy van and take a magical journey to your very own spacious room with padded walls.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 20, 2017 01:29 PM (Total replies: 11)

As I said above, scaling issue with Open sauce, disable ui scaling in the os menu to fix it.

Just made a couple of minor changes I thought up in bed last night, nothing major, just an additional health pack at in the final BSP and changing when the game saves a check point at the pelican assault section so that it saves while your in the air not when you land. Also updated the Read Me with some more info. The link I posted before will download the new version now.

Edited by Jobalisk on Apr 20, 2017 at 02:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 20, 2017 03:33 AM (Total replies: 11)

Forgot to mention. This map is pretty open world, if things don't work at first try another way round. Also remember to use all the weapons at your disposal. (Ie, the smg and battle rifle at the drop zone.) also, marine animations mean throwing grenades is a bit delayed. Marines actually have more health than the MC, about the equivalent of the MC's health plus shield, None the less you are playing as a marine so yes, it is tough! I'd also like to point out that some wraiths (but not all) are drivable.

One more thing, I can see that your using open sauce which tends to scale the ui a bit weird on this map. To fix that press f7 then untick the check box "scale ui" on the second page to fix it. I don't think this happens if your not running open sauce.

Edited by Jobalisk on Apr 20, 2017 at 04:01 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Wintersmith V2 release Apr 20, 2017 01:31 AM (Total replies: 11)

Hey all! sashiburi! anyway. I'm releasing this rehash of my Wintersmith campaign that I just finished off. Its reasonably good, though I'm no BSP designer so go figure. I've redone just about everything save for 2 BSP's from the original version (even they have been altered) so its a vast improvement over what was my first ever real experience with Single Player Maps (and you can tell, it was pretty bad)

You play as a marine across a large Forerunner construct deep in dead space using as many weapons and vehicles as I could fit in battling against as many different enemies as I could fit in (I literally have used up the entire Tag index, its maxed out)

On top of that the entire original 7 maps have been combined into one massive multi-BSP one.

I hope you enjoy, I don't really see myself doing a lot more in the way of Halo Maps so this is my last big submission.

You can find it here on google drive: (I will be uploading it to the CE3 website eventually)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dpnl-i3riAUHdFOFVMNWVXMU0/view?usp=sharing

PS (Ignore the line in the read me about UI, that was left over from a UI map I made a while back, the custom UI in this was made by yours truly)

Halo CE General Discussion » plz help plz Oct 10, 2016 11:43 PM (Total replies: 154)

It's like, legit thread, then it just gets derailed like almost everything else on this forum.

Halo CE General Discussion » attn: Unikraken Oct 10, 2016 11:41 PM (Total replies: 19)

pls. staap. And people wonder why Dennis considers this community childish. I mean, what is the actual point of this thread?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Encounter issue Oct 7, 2016 09:12 PM (Total replies: 0)

So I've got this encounter that lands in a covi dropship and gets out. i've set them fireing positions and movement positions and they're set to move loop but they just stand there instead and occasionally sidestep. How do I fix this?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash Oct 6, 2016 02:05 PM (Total replies: 164)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Jobalisk
ty, but this map is very much a joint effort. BTW. I've gone and made a few improvements to the glowing moss stuff. I've re uploaded the new version with the same link. Flanker. If you ever get round to making another version of the BSP, please remove the glowing moss/fungi bits from the map. I've replaced it with decals. The reason I couldn't light map properly was the transparent glowing moss shaders. So its better if they just aren't there and I just keep them as decals.
Edited by Jobalisk on Oct 5, 2016 at 04:03 PM

Um didn't I remove those already? Or was that the moss leafy things???

That was the leafy things. I told you to leave the moss in at first. But funnily enough the moss is what was causing the issues when I switched it to a transparent shader.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash Oct 5, 2016 03:38 PM (Total replies: 164)

Quote: --- Original message by: mihirgates

Quote: --- Original message by: mihirgates

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Still having this issue?

I guarantee if you move the BSP files to a new tagset, it will work (along with a NEW, not modified .scenario).

which I tried, and sent away to be tested. just the BSP and some player spawns. It didn't work.

I'm actually working on a separate multiplayer map right now, I'll update this post with it when I finish it, see if that runs, at least it will confirm whether or not other maps are affected.

OK,here's another multiplayer map I just finished, try it out, see if it works:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5dpnl-i3riAa29iUy1ZZWJYSHc
Edited by Jobalisk on Oct 4, 2016 at 12:00 AM

Thanks again for crashing my halo 11th time ._.

Ok, that confirms it, OS on my PC is stuffed.

Quote: --- Original message by: BipolarAurora
Listen, just cut your losses and start a new scenario file that won't require you to use Open-Sauce'd tools.

I think your right there

Though I wonder if reinstalling OS might work, gonna try that first.

and lo and behold, after reinstalling OS and replacing the bitmaps/sounds/loc maps the maps I compiled now crash.

However I then recompiled, switched the loc, bitmaps and sound maps out again and it now works, will reupload them now. These should work on your PC's with any luck.

Airbase 09:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dpnl-i3riAaDFNRGJ6N2huSm8/view?usp=sharing

Halo 2 Backwash:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dpnl-i3riASW4tQzhBb3c4d00/view?usp=sharing
Edited by Jobalisk on Oct 4, 2016 at 04:07 PM

Finally it worked! I thought it would crash too.... anyways good job m8

ty, but this map is very much a joint effort. BTW. I've gone and made a few improvements to the glowing moss stuff. I've re uploaded the new version with the same link. Flanker. If you ever get round to making another version of the BSP, please remove the glowing moss/fungi bits from the map. I've replaced it with decals. The reason I couldn't light map properly was the transparent glowing moss shaders. So its better if they just aren't there and I just keep them as decals.
Edited by Jobalisk on Oct 5, 2016 at 04:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash Oct 5, 2016 03:50 AM (Total replies: 164)

THANK YOU!

Fog is Flankers job. But its working and that's the main thing. What did you think about the other map?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Backwash Oct 4, 2016 09:01 PM (Total replies: 164)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314

I'm using OS Tools because its convenient. It allows features in Guerilla that you cant normally use such as renaming shader tags and I prefer using it over the other guerilla kornman released. Regardless, can you please just tell me if this works or not.

...is this really the only reason you're using OS tools?

E: Pretty sure the latest Kornman lets you do what you're after?
Edited by Spartan314 on Oct 4, 2016 at 08:33 PM

As I said, I prefer it over Kornman's one. As for the problems I'm facing, that is due probably to me having to copy and replace the version of OS I have with another one a while back. It's not so much as issue with the software as it is the computer running. Everything running as normal using OS_HEK should not pose any problems what so ever over using regular HEK. But this conversation is going nowhere. I'm not here to discuss best programing practice. Do the new versions I posted work. Yes or No?
Edited by Jobalisk on Oct 5, 2016 at 12:25 AM

Time: Fri May 26, 2017 9:16 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website