A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SAM
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 31, 2016 04:23 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
SAM has contributed to 35 posts out of 469343 total posts (.01%) in 2,028 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Jan 31, 2016 04:23 PM (Total replies: 2780)

I see if OpenSauce get support for Shader 3.0 all will forget Halo Online very quick. This is what all should not forget. With Shader 3.0 Halo CE will look like Halo 3.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Jan 4, 2016 04:14 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I think calling it a failure is a bit extreme. Also, you don't represent the rest of the CE community nor speak for them.

I'd say that Halo: Online has potential, but in terms of modding capability it has yet to surpass Halo CE.

Halo Online comes out I see some AI mods but never surpass the Quality what I have with my Jtag XBOX 360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWhWh1ojql0

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Jan 3, 2016 05:58 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Epic Halo Online close his doors forever.
This was expected! Who is going to buy a XBOX ONE if all have fun with Halo Online!

I would pay if someone from i343 come here to us and say we will update Halo CE Custom Edition with a newer Game Engine but we need that much money. Sadly this will never happen...
A fully offical unlocked Halo 2 Vista Custom Edition will never happen, too.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE is not dying! Dec 30, 2015 12:22 PM (Total replies: 67)

Quote: --- Original message by: Caesar
You need watch your mouth there buddy, once someone crack MCC files from xbox one, Halo online Eldorito will finally play Halo 3 sp. This game would be fully dead and halo online is running on halo 3 engine.

I have Win10 running with a AMD APU and still are not able to run MCC!
Halo online Eldorito and play Halo 3 sp short said ---> NEVER

Why to crack the MCC files if you need Win10 and a AMD APU to run them???

Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Haven't played it, probably wont, read enough and seen enough to know I'm already going to dislike the gameplay and campaign. I also hear there's micro transactions as "inquisition cards", what are they even doing?

BTW did you seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGY7flT8e_E This is the new style playing Halo what 343i created. Did 343i not said that bullets slow down your enemy and your Shield doesnt recharge if you are still running?
Edited by SAM on Nov 6, 2015 at 07:58 AM

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
nice to hear that, i'm gonna consider buying an xbox one to play it

BTW you are going to by Windows 10, AMD APU, 8GB DDR3 RAM?

It is the first time where I not going to buy a XBOX Console anymore. I have a Jtag Xbox 360 where I can create AI mods and other things. What I need more?

Microsoft released a XBOX 360 Emulator and the Halo Games from 1 to 5 for Windows 10. Why I should going to buy a Xbox One that is just a crap PC running Windows 10?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo-Online at the Halomaps.org forum Oct 24, 2015 11:03 AM (Total replies: 72)

Halo Online will be released offical for all. But we need to wait until the Beta testing is finised. Since Halo Online will be like other free to play games. Microsoft want money, BTW Microsoft could port XBOX ONE Halo games to PC if he want. You just need Windows 10. Hello, XBOX ONE is a PC running a AMD APU with a AMD Graphiccard. I wonder why nobody release a Emulator to emulate XBOX ONE Games? And I wonder about a XBOX 360 Emulator because a crap AMD APU with 8x CPU-Cores @ 1,75 Ghz is able to emulate XBOX 360 Games.

Halo Online has no Campaign mode only Multiplayer mode. Wait a second it has maybe microtransactions mode, too.

I want the master chief collection for PC. Not a 1/4 Halo Online were someone cut off or turn off parts from the Game Engine to create a Halo Online.

Halo CE General Discussion » My [RELEASE] Sep 28, 2015 02:23 PM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
oh shht that looks amazing

+1
Looks really amazing!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 - Sanghelios campaign gameplay Sep 23, 2015 04:09 PM (Total replies: 208)

Xbox One not powerful enough to create larger battlefield with a larger team, too much from everything to be continued.............

---> Warzone AI has no path finding. Just wait to be killed.

Campaign who cares. The Story from Halo started with Halo Reach and ended with Halo 3. Halo Story ended Bungie goes, 343i step in to reinvent the wheel called Halo.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Sep 13, 2015 02:41 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Imouto
Transparency relying on alpha textures (the plants in the picture) that may or may not be compressed and low res. Displaying a 512x512 texture at 4k/8k resolutions, probably gunna see some artifacts.

Also halo has had some decent res textures, Reach and halo 4 have 2k res textures.

I am not sure why all hype 4/8k resolutions? I want more polygone & high res texture than a higher resolutions. For 4/8k resolutions you need 4/8k texture. Halo 4 has no render to alpha like Halo 1 to 3 and Reach had.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Sep 13, 2015 12:55 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I blame the fact that h3 textures are generally low res

Take a closer look at Halo 4 texture are they better? I think still low res! Halo never had high res texture. Remember the tag space limit.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Sep 10, 2015 07:23 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho
I'm still awaiting to see Covenants with AIs to fight and I might get interested in the game.
Edited by Idaho on Sep 8, 2015 at 05:25 PM

What I see looking at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElJKzeHfVmQ we are not far from AI Battles using Forge because the same style https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWhWh1ojql0 I have on my Jtag Xbox 360. For me look this very familiar!

Quote: --- Original message by: Grunter
Halo 3 is the best Halo, it is balanced changed a little bit but not too much and can be a fun few hour long campaign or a pick up and play.
I had a match of Halo 4 and Halo 3 with my brother, he took the energy sword and the battle rifle in Halo 4 were as i hunted down the plasma weapons he won. He looked for the energy sword and battle rifle in Halo 3, i hunted down the SMG and plasma pistol... i won using quick thinking about using what i have instead of hunting down the "Best" weapons.

Halo 1 to Halo 3 had map control. If the other team not work like a team or fast enough to grab the power weapons they automatic lose. I remember this very well and worked very well.

Armor ability had every Halo that comes out. The point is how they implanted them to balance the Gameplay. If everyone can do camouflage thats boring.

But if you can grab or replace Armor ability during the gameplaye thats fun. I run to the place and grab the camouflage armor ability someone kill me and now he is able to grab this ability, for example. Thats a improvement. I created some maps with this gameplay style using Halo Reach and played this style with my friends. They liked it more than the original Halo Reach Multiplayer Balance. A Halo with Weapon Loadout where everyone has the armor ability from the beginning is boring because you can not avoid that everyone use the same ability.

Yeah, did everyone known what 343i said to the MCC mistake ---> Next time we not put all Halos into one Disk Edition. Next time we sold them each separate! They didnt learn anything!

To like 343i stuff or not is a point of view. Why made Bungie something different like Halo Reach. Because with Halo Reach they can do a different style what was with Master Chief (Halo 1 - Halo 3) not possible. They hold from Halo 1 to Halo 3 the same style of gameplay. Halo Reach was not bad. The only thing what was bad are the maps from Halo Reach. Use Campaign Maps for Multiplayer just a example. Halo Reach is still better than Halo 4.

The only point where Bungie and 343i do both wrong is that they drop all Halo Multiplayer maps beginning from Halo 1 to Halo 4. Why they not inculde with each new Halo release the old Multiplayer maps from the older Halos? If they not have ideas to create Multiplayer maps from scratch!

Take a look at Halo 5 now. Why it looks like CoD. Warzone is for noobs, sorry. If that doesnt help buy tradecards to get better Weapons, Vehicles or other upgrades that disappear after you used them. For the next game buy new one or collect points to unlock them for free. If I see four Banshee or three Mantis from the same team spawn. Where is here the challenge. Warzone this name fit it. BTW I see a Mantis I running to the next trade station where I select the weapon to blow this Mantis into pieces. Thats not Halo.

I played every Halo. Halo Reach was the Halo where I said not more changes. Improve that but do not more changes!!! The Result was Halo 4. Halo 5 is a step back but not Warzone. I didnt play Halo 5 beta. Still have my Jtag Xbox 360 where I have fun with AI mods.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Wars 2! Aug 5, 2015 12:22 PM (Total replies: 65)

Quote: --- Original message by: Invader Veex
Creative Assembly had better not f*#& it up.

Rome 2 Hype and the result was a Thats Creative Assembly! Short said.

Halo War 2 will be like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQEY--IdxzA (WARNING SPOILER)

Maybe with Mod Support, Huge Battles, Campaign Map and more. This can we expect from Creative Assembly see the spoiler above.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 29, 2015 05:50 AM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dwood
I'll take what I can get.

+1

With the Xbox One running with a AMD APU + Windows 8 very easy and fast ports to PC are possible. But why Halo Online? Is this a test just to see how the community react? The result we can see..... but how Microsoft react, too.

I wonder if there is a way beyond Halo Online? Only for example to emulate the Master Chief Collection on the PC?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Collection PC Petition NOW!!!! Dec 6, 2014 04:58 PM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: Megatron

While I think most of us can agree that the Xbox 360 was awesome (ignoring the red ring of death, of course).

they won't port the Master Chief collection on the PC.

Nevertheless, we got Halo Custom Edition, and I'm sure we can find a way to make content that will end up being an even better experience than what the Master Chief collection has to offer.
Edited by Megatron on Dec 4, 2014 at 01:12 AM

Xbox 360 with Jtag is awesome. Never had that much fun with my Jtag Xbox 360.

If Microsoft port Master Chief Collection for PC, who cares. We never get a remastered Halo Custom Edition again with that tools and quality. Good example is Halo 2 Vista and their Map Editor everything is locked.

On the Hand is the Xbox one a PC. Microsoft already ported the Master Chief collection for PC. lol

And the best to last. I found a other interesting petition https://www.eff.org/files/2014/11/03/eff_dmca_gaming_exemption_dkt_2014-07.pdf

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE servers being shut down May 3, 2014 01:47 PM (Total replies: 335)

Quote: --- Original message by: bourrin33
I don't think Halo will ever be on Steam.
http://steamdb.info/app/216760/#section_history
Edited by bourrin33 on May 2, 2014 at 08:53 AM

Why not, A Halo Game is on Steam called "Halo Spartan Assault" why not Halo CE or other Halo Games, too? Maybe the Steam Greenlight voting would help?

Halo CE General Discussion » HCEA Texture Requests Mar 17, 2014 11:00 AM (Total replies: 207)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Doctor
Working on a extraction program. I'm busy but this is off topic anyways, I'll create another thread soon..

If you are still working on a extraction progam, maybe this tool would help you with your work?

[Source]
http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/1921-halo-cea-compression-tools/

I decompressed d40.s3dpak [61,125 MB compressed] with the tool to [139,717MB uncompressed]

Halo CE General Discussion » ripping .map files from 360 disk Mar 1, 2014 12:46 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: planeofsuck
i'm not sure if this has been asked before or not, but:
1) is this even possible?
2) if it is do you need to mod your xbox for it?
3) if not, how do i do it?

i've looked extensivly for the ansers but all i found was this in the help pages of adjutant:
Where can I get the map files?

Rip them from your game disc or use Google.

i can't find a DL link/ torrent and no guide as how to rip a 360 disk

1) Yes
2) No
3) You need this http://www.ozmodchips.com/samsung-kreon-drive-to-make-360-backups-p-232.html Or you get a Original Xbox 360 Drive and flash it with the Firmware 0800v3 to use the Drive to made Backups on your PC.

I use a Kreon 1.0 DVD Drive to get the maps from the Disk when I need them.

Time: Tue September 17, 2019 12:08 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website