A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: MSDosMan
About Contact
Last Post: May 26, 2014 08:32 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
C:\>_

Post Statistics
MSDosMan has contributed to 6 posts out of 467773 total posts (0.00%) in 1,608 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Could someone get this done? May 26, 2014 08:32 PM (Total replies: 14)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
i could probably half ass one for you in firefight

That would be cool.

On a different note, since I have no experience with modding halo, does anyone have any suggestions for useful editing software I should get and some tutorials?

Have you tried compatibilty mode?
Edited by MEGASEAN2812 on May 25, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I just tried running it on all three vista compatibility modes and on Windows 8 compatibility mode, but the graphics remain buggy.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Could someone get this done? May 26, 2014 02:30 AM (Total replies: 14)

Now your talking. sorry if that came out as a little mean.

It's all cool.

So it looks like we've narrowed it down to two options:

1. Just put a bunch of Flood spawners or something into the map.

OR

2. Turn the map into a firefight map.

Would anyone be willing to try either of these?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Could someone get this done? May 25, 2014 11:58 PM (Total replies: 14)

MEGASEAN2812 does not seem to realize that something he considers to be simple may not be simple to others, especially to someone such as myself who has absolutely no idea how to use any of Halo's editing software.

MEGASEAN2812, If it is such a simple thing to do why do you not simply make the change to the map instead of complain about the request I made?

EDIT: Alright MEGASEAN2812, I'll call your bluff. You only do complicated map edits out of the kindness of your heart? Convert the map into a full fledged firefight map. That should be a little harder than simply adding a spawner or two into it.
Edited by TOT_COMICS on May 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM

When I installed Halo 2 Vista on my Windows 8 PC it worked perfectly, however when I upgraded to Windows 8.1 some of the graphics got all messed up. For example some textures flicker and the armor on elites is no longer reflective but completely opaque. No amount of re-installs or driver updates have been able to fix this issue. Does anyone have any tips?

Here is some random info about my PC:

RAM: 6.00 GB

Processor: Intel Core i3 1.90GHz

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Edited by TOT_COMICS on Jan 22, 2017 at 05:50 PM
Edited by TOT_COMICS on Jan 22, 2017 at 06:45 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Could someone get this done? May 25, 2014 08:32 PM (Total replies: 14)

Hello,

I recently played this map ( http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6677) which recreates the Foundry map from Halo 3. I was thoroughly impressed by it but was dissapointed by the fact that it was multiplayer only. Could someone with some talent at mapping put a few endless Flood spawners in the map so people such as myself could play it as a pseudo survival map? I am not familiar with the practices here, so I do not know if it is acceptable to edit other peoples work, but if it is allowed a "survival mod" of this map would be undeniably fun to play.

Time: Thu October 18, 2018 5:08 PM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website