A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The_Purrminator
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 4, 2015 01:46 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
(SBB) Michelle

Post Statistics
The_Purrminator has contributed to 277 posts out of 469450 total posts (.06%) in 1,993 days (.14 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Now this is useful.

Halo CE General Discussion » Online sounds processor Nov 1, 2015 12:27 PM (Total replies: 29)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
I don't think any in-game sounds for halo pc even use xbox format

I can tell you that you are completely wrong, in fact: most sounds are xbox adpcm.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map poly and tri limits. Nov 1, 2015 12:23 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: Corpen
just some pics of the most complete bsp.

http://i.imgur.com/nLTTie3.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/D03qygZ.png?1

As you can see its a wip the others are rough bsps in max or blender.

What, that many polies for that thing? Please use multires or optimize modifier, that could be an easy 10-20k while staying the same shape.

If you don't you will have so many phantom-bsps that they will eventually block you from entering your actual real life house.
Edited by The_Purrminator on Nov 1, 2015 at 12:25 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Creating Night Light Maps Oct 31, 2015 04:41 AM (Total replies: 8)

Actually use the light map command in tool and use quality 1 and threshold 0.001

This will make that you still have control over your computer, that the uvs won't suck, AND that the light map will be better quality.

The command should be something like: tool lightmaps levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch bloodgulch 1 0.001
Edited by The_Purrminator on Oct 31, 2015 at 04:42 AM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Bigass Final Night Mode Error Oct 31, 2015 04:36 AM (Total replies: 4)

It likes to take a while to activate on LAN because the script room is a few clusters away. Being near red base helps.

Edit: I also suggest getting the final version.
Edited by The_Purrminator on Oct 31, 2015 at 04:37 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Online sounds processor Oct 31, 2015 04:32 AM (Total replies: 29)

That's all nice and stuff, but I would like to be able to do it in batches and offline.
Because I don't really feel like uploading a big bunch of files.

I mean it's really good that you're doing this, but for me it would still be easier to start up a virtual machine, drop the files in and tell tool to compile them.

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP)10K Map Pack Oct 28, 2015 10:22 PM (Total replies: 145)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren

it's really easy to shove a hog in these pedestrian paths, defeating their purpose

http://puu.sh/l0Tz7/ca381c1def.jpg

I was told a while ago you can block vehicles trough portals, but Idk how.

Halo CE General Discussion » Map poly and tri limits. Oct 28, 2015 10:16 PM (Total replies: 26)

I once had a 52k triangle bsp, I made only 16k of them collidable though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Oct 25, 2015 10:22 PM (Total replies: 11479)

Would love to see with texture.

SavinPVTmike made these, but I couldn't find the download link.
So, I sent him a message on Skype and when he receives it he'll most likely link them here.

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

TheChunkierBean: I'm looking at your YouTube account and the forum thread about I01, and I didn't see any update for months, also, you don't really talk about what you guys are doing with the project, it becomes more like a show-off so you can feel better then other community members instead of being a real project anymore.

They are making good progress, but decided to stay in the dark for a while because they don't wanna show off something broken again. CE3 was a learning experience for them.

Halo CE General Discussion » Ki11a_FTW's Halo Custom Edition Progress Log. Oct 25, 2015 09:53 PM (Total replies: 444)

Is that booleaned?

DUDE NICE, this game is gonna be the best ever!

I made a helmet asset you can use:

Halo CE General Discussion » Opensauce and a Direct X related error. Oct 22, 2015 09:48 AM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
"incompatible bitmap in shader error"

Try only using actual 2d textures in your shaders, so no interface or sprite. (If you are using interface because it doesn't have mipmaps just set the mipmap count to 0 in the texture.

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
10.21.15 23:14:41 \halopc\haloce\source\rasterizer\dx9\rasterizer_dx9_widgets.c(959): D3DERR_DEVICELOST in hr (code=-2005530520, error=<can't get description>)

This is caused by Sapien not getting access to your graphics card. If you don't want this, then don't alt-tab from Sapien. It is completely harmless so Idk why this is actually a complaint.

Halo CE General Discussion » Shields for any biped Oct 21, 2015 02:40 PM (Total replies: 20)

Go to the biped tag and set a shield shader in the modifier slot

For instance:
"characters\elite\shaders\shield plasma"

This looks better than I remember Halo 4 looking.
Reminds me more of Halo 5.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE flickering at startup Oct 9, 2015 07:54 PM (Total replies: 15)

Go to the Nvidia control panel and set anti-aliasing to be controlled by the program.

Halo CE doesn't like actual anti-aliasing. You can still get anti-aliasing trough stuff like sweetfx and the other thing I forgot the name off. This is less accurate though because it's post-processing.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Automatic health regeneration. Oct 4, 2015 01:27 PM (Total replies: 29)

Thanks for finding this for me, saves me the trouble of figuring out the logic again.
I will probably optimize this script now I know how though.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Revolution Sep 24, 2015 03:59 PM (Total replies: 218)

I might host the maps for free, along with some of my and other people's favorites.

Halo CE General Discussion » (WIP) No Ground Sep 24, 2015 12:54 PM (Total replies: 18)

Try adding some cover near the bottom walkways

Time: Tue November 12, 2019 5:32 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website