A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DeadHamster
About Contact
Last Post: Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
DeadHamster has contributed to 751 posts out of 468010 total posts (.16%) in 1,687 days (.45 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Adjutant NOT EXPORTING BSP, HELP!!! Yesterday @ 09:28 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Josh49
What is that exactly? I've just installed this yesterday

It's a secret to everybody

I'm pretty sure you're doing Metropolis from Halo 2. Or whatever. See how in Halo 2 or Halo 3 on that link, there's maps called shared or campaign shared etc?

For Halo 2 you need Shared.map and Single_Player_Shared.map. For Halo 3 it's Shared.map and Campaign.map. Put them in the same directory as the map you're extracting the BSP from. These shared maps contain the bitmaps (textures) of the level your extracting.

If you already have those ignore me not sure why you're having an issue run as an admin.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Adjutant NOT EXPORTING BSP, HELP!!! Yesterday @ 12:11 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Josh49
I need HELP!!! can someone please tell me how to fix this, it only occurs when I try to export a BSP map file
Error extracting scenarios\solo\03a_oldmombasa\earthcity_3b.sbsp:

--Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection

You do have all the shared resource maps, correct?

Halo CE General Discussion » AI\biped in t-pose during cutscenes. Jan 11, 2019 11:23 AM (Total replies: 11)

Bump because HaloMaps doesnt allow double posts

Halo CE General Discussion » AI\biped in t-pose during cutscenes. Jan 11, 2019 12:12 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dabouss 15x

(script startup beginning
(switch_bsp 7)

)

Is this part Bungie script, or Dabouss script?

This is exactly why I wanted you to post it. Had a feeling this is what you were doing, even typed up a post I must've forgot to send that gave a few examples and this was the first one.

The player spawns in the spawn point you placed in BSP 0, where the game starts. The game switches to BSP 7 which the player isn't inside. Since the player is not inside the same object, the objects aren't "active".

If so, a potential fix would be to swap BSP 0 and 7 and spawn the player near the cutscene. You can then teleport the player to each BSP by placing a flag there and doing an (object_teleport (list_get (players) 0) <FLAG NAME>) after swapping the BSP.

BUT, Somebody else should really comment on this first, because while this makes sense to me I can't confirm that's really what's going on. And again, if that's bungie's setup IDK then. I really don't know cutscenes completely, AFAIK it's just gameplay with a camera. From purely watching the stock ones, Bungie always seemed to use custom/recorded animations in the cutscenes, very rarely if ever do the AI appear to act naturally. You may have to do some unusual things, like moving the player around the game, to allow the AI to run their routines. Or I might be wrong and there's a better way to deal with using AI in cutscenes through multiple BSPs.

Halo CE General Discussion » AI\biped in t-pose during cutscenes. Jan 10, 2019 12:31 AM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
So I have some AI and bipeds that spawn during a cutscene and they are all just standing there in a t-pose and won't do anything else. I would really like to know how to fix this.

(ai_force_active AI_ENCOUNTER_NAME TRUE)
Thanks, it works for the AI but what about for biped, scenery, device machines, etc. that are frozen during cutscenes?

(ai_force_active_by_unit)

But it's more likely that you're doing something wrong. How're you setting up this cutscene?

Halo CE General Discussion » AI\biped in t-pose during cutscenes. Jan 9, 2019 10:32 PM (Total replies: 11)

So I have some AI and bipeds that spawn during a cutscene and they are all just standing there in a t-pose and won't do anything else. I would really like to know how to fix this.

(ai_force_active AI_ENCOUNTER_NAME TRUE)

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jan 8, 2019 07:32 AM (Total replies: 205)

Quote: --- Original message by: Erutypus
bump

If you haven't already, download the 2018 Christmas Spectacular

My PC's PSU blew out the other night. Might be a couple weeks before I get another.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach 2! Winterstruct Official Thread Jan 6, 2019 06:32 PM (Total replies: 25)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
If you actually watch the videos I'm posting and reading the things I've been typing instead of just jumping on conclusions on the screenshots you wouldn't be advising me basic crap that I could easily do. What I'm trying to show off is the concept of the campaign I want to achieve and the weapon and encounter design and other gameplay elements.

And stop lowkey trying to diss me low tier kids while kissing ass over hot garbage like Takedown or what ever they are posting nowadays. Stop being stuck up low tier kids just because I hurt feelings cause I'm honest when I see something wrong or see through garbage.

I think the problem is that you're such a pathetic twat. Since you get banned every 3-4 posts and then make a new account, we can't keep up with whatever username you're currently using. I'd advise you either;

A. Stop being an edge-lord tween and grow up

OR

B. Accept your ban and stop posting here

Or I mean, you could just continue being a pathetic twat. I'm not going to list that as a choice though, because only edge-lord tweens would view that as a positive decision.

From the script you show Bungie used a global and not a Static script.

People use static scripts because in modern maps they may switch the players biped to accomplish certain tasks via script that are otherwise not possible. Also, in multiplayer maps the player's position in the list (players) changes as users join and quit. For that reason, a static script is preferred; as opposed to assigning once like a global script does, it's instead assigned each time it's referenced.

However, the syntax for using a static script is different then a global value, so bungie's original script needs a tweak;

Anywhere there is tutorial_hud_health, replace it with (tutorial_hud_health)

That's all.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 30, 2018 08:26 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
My thoughts

The Marines driving is Hilarius. Female Marines don't sound very female. the Menu's "load Game" crashes the game, the mouse cursor is unpleasant & the Credit's to the Settings! Easy is Noble difficulty i think. The purple weapon with the stats on the right in multi colors doesn't shoot. I do like the thought of a much more open world feeling firefight & am looking foreword to see how it progresses. We seen lots of innovation in the FPS gameplay but less in the Menu's, your "gun rack" is cool & your Menu is Yelo based, which is interesting. ShadowMods team has been making some cool UI's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMepaspVWvY) & i hope to see more end to end thought going in the projects, too many neglect the menus if you ask me.

Yeah game saving and loading is still in infancy. The Load_game uses core_loads, if you haven't done a core_save yet it will 100% crash. Since I decided to do it's own directory, core saving/loading won't be needed anymore, so that'll be removed from the code going forward. Credits will be a custom screen I haven't implemented yet. The UI needed to be a .yelo only due to filesize restrictions. The BSP it uses is huge and uses 2-3 times as many shaders. It'll benefit once I get DLMs rendered, but that's not until I'm finished with the BSPs and shaders anyway.

Also, even selecting new game right now, if you choose the same difficulty it'll reload the old save.

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
That 'EAX Enabler' has caused no audio for many, SPV3 includes it but i'm not sure what PC configuration is incompatible, Every one should remove it anyway as there is a better way to get Environmental Sound called "DSOAL" i even called for a vote if you don't trust me https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7471-open-source-eax-emulation-dsoal-better-then-creatives-alchemy/, so to remove that old version of Creative's ALchemy delete dsound.dll (& dsound.ini for good measure) & go to https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/7383-the-halo-ce-ultimate-enhancement-guide-updated-141118/ then search for "11. Enable EAX Effects using DSOAL" & grab a build(as i don't know the difference's the latest should do) & extract that in FOM. although i'm not sure it will make much of a difference with such an open map but that not the point, it's doing are best that matters.

Sure, I'll add that to future releases. Thanks for the tip. But yeah, as far as utility I don't even have sound profiles setup for any of the BSPs yet, let alone specifying interior/exterior areas. I will eventually, but any add-ons shouldn't do anything beneficial for now AFAIK.

Halo CE General Discussion » Planet Flood Egypt [RELEASE] Dec 27, 2018 01:33 AM (Total replies: 8)

Thanks for making something and putting it out there for us on Christmas. You should put out more

Halo CE General Discussion » Sad Christmas Dec 27, 2018 01:24 AM (Total replies: 4)

Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 26, 2018 07:54 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark

Any reason why I couldn't get any sound to work? I made a new folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fall Of Mombasa

and extracted everything from FOM.rar to that folder, and launched haloce.exe, couldn't get any sound so I did some poking around and ended up deleting dsound.dll and that resolved the sound issue. Any ideas as to why?

That file IIRC is to allow the EAX option to be enabled and emulated. Not sure if it might just be your PC or if that's something I'd need to remove from future releases. Can anyone else let me know if they faced the same issue?

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
Also, Silly question but is this map a firefight map or does it have a story/progression?

I only had about 15 mins to play through it and I thought it was a firefight type of map at first, as I stayed in the courtyard and fought for about that long but noticed the tunnels.
Edited by S12Spark on Dec 26, 2018 at 06:06 PM

It's an open world firefight map that will eventually include sub-missions that unlock upgraded weapons or vehicles. You only saw the outskirts area, there's actually 2 more BSP sections. Follow those tunnels through, they lead to the other sections.

The UI.map has an overview map that shows all the areas right before you start the game. Right now the Bridge/Cityscape and Hangman's Tomb area are unpopulated.

Edited by DeadHamster on Dec 26, 2018 at 07:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Vuthakral's Tagset Dec 26, 2018 05:54 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Iím also sure itís in one directory... do you know how hard it is to move a bunch of tags & references into one directory???
Edited by Nickster5000 on Dec 26, 2018 at 01:32 PM

It takes about 3 minutes.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 26, 2018 06:14 AM (Total replies: 12)

lol, I'm guessing that's with the flashlight on? Thanks, I'll be able to remove that.

And did you notice which weapons prevented crouching? That should be fixable through the animation tag. Haven't noticed it though, will have to check it out.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 25, 2018 08:17 AM (Total replies: 12)

Download Link

Extract that by itself to it's own separate folder. It uses the modified OSv4 upgrades, the same SPV3 uses. Just extract it to it's own folder and run haloce.exe like you normally would. If you extract this into an existing Halo installation, you're gonna have a bad time.

You get weapons from the gun rack and ammo from the ammo cabinet. Look for them in Marine bases. The weapon you select will replace your secondary weapon. I'd prefer it to have replaced the primary, but there's a weird quirk in the engine regarding recorded animations being used to switch the player's weapon.

Marine Drivers will sometimes get stuck. They can't reverse on their own accord. I have a workaround for this planned in the future, but for now I haven't implemented it.

If you see anything that makes you say whoa wtf, please let me know.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Encounter via Sapien or Script Thing? Dec 25, 2018 05:28 AM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117

Are there ways to make certain AI do certain things animation wise?

Throughout the campaign there are bits where marines are crouched, tying shoelaces, doing fist bumps etc. Is this controlled in Sapien or is an animation called upon in a script?

In cutscenes there are marines that are doing these actions but I just cannot find how they are made to do this.

(custom_animation <unit> <animation_graph> <string> <boolean>)

(custom_animation pilot_intro "cinematics\animations\pilot\x30\x30" "heads_up" false )

If you choose true it interpolates into it.

This is using a custom made animation in 3DS max, which would accomplish the customized interactions you speak of. If all you need is for marines to run around, crouch and shoot, recorded animations are preferable but difficult to setup.

You have to install a version of 1.09, non-opensauce Halo and find the recorded animations editor. Lock the FPS to 30, if you forget to do this the animation is worthless. You go ingame, hit record, perform whatever functions you want, then save. Now you open the recorded animations tool, open a scenario, import the animation you just made, and hit save.

If you need to import it into OpenSauce, then you open mozzarilla, export the recorded animation, open your actual OS scenario file and import it.

Recorded animations don't need 3DS max, and are actual controller input to whatever unit you assign it to. So if you hold forward for 30 ticks, shoot your weapon and then crouch walk to the left; so does the marine. It plays back your controller input verbatim, you can even apply a recorded_animation to the player and create one of those first-person cutscenes. The player loses any ability to input as the animation plays out, until it's finished and then they regain control.

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo CE Noob Modder117
Also, regarding biped death positions, is there a way to get bodies to have every death pose if you fiddle with the animation tag? So obviously all the bipeds spawn dead lying face down so I assume there is a line in the tags that can be altered that dictates what type of death=what type of pose?
Edited by Halo CE Noob Modder117 on Dec 25, 2018 at 02:32 AM

Animation tag are possibly the most hardcoded tags in the game. Their reflexives are predetermined, meaning when you click ADD it tells you what animation that slot is for. You can modify which animation is assigned to that slot, but that slot will always be for the standing death animation. You may have to add several empty slots if the animation you want to assign is a later reflexive.

So there are 2 different slots for death animations that I found with a quick look; the standing death and the airborne death. However I know there's a separate animation for headshot deaths. Don't care enough to look into it any further.

Might be worth looking into if that interests you, but I find it highly unlikely there's a way to accomplish what you want. There's nothing I know that could change what animations the biped is using, and especially not based on what weapon their killed with. Maybe it can be done, but maybe I can turn lead into gold by pissing on it in just the right way. Both would probably be a waste of time in the end.

Halo CE General Discussion » A sneak peak of my flood problem :P Dec 25, 2018 01:34 AM (Total replies: 16)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Gravemind
Tool kept crashing with an unusual error "exception that's all i know!" popped up while streaming tags.
Edited by The Gravemind on Dec 24, 2018 at 08:27 PM

To clarify, yes that's an OS error when part of the maps' data limits have been reached. I hit it all the time in Mombasa, I've maxed out all of them more or less. There's a separate and independent limit to (BSP data), (tag data), (model and animation data), (sound data), (strings data) and (bitmaps data). If you reach any of these individually OS_Tool will crash when trying to compile that section. So if you're getting the error after streaming tags, you have too many individual tag files in your map and need to consolidate or remove some.

There's also a "glitch" of sorts where if you hit it, even after removing the excess data it still crashes. I'd recommend that you delete that mapfile and any other datamaps that are associated with it, then rebuild

I can't provide you with the files as they aren't mine to give, but there exists an update to OSV4 that increased the limits I described above. There's also exists a modified toolset; OS_Sapien2, OS_Tool2 and OS_Guerilla2, which allow you to bypass certain arbitrary limits the original toolset places on tag data, such as capping certain reflexives under their actual engine cap. I got my copy from Masters, I believe it was developed in part by Michelle. I would try begging and seeing if someone will oblige.

Second part I can't help with. Check the model_animation tag and see what animation is designated for the unarmed weapon type, animation idle. That's the animation that's currently playing, see if it's using a weapon one and if there's even an unarmed animation in the tag. Might not be.
Edited by DeadHamster on Dec 25, 2018 at 01:35 AM

Run the installer as an admin, run the game as an admin, run firefox as an admin, run notepad as an admin. If you want to view a JPEG, you better view it as a god damned administrator.

I like it, looking much better and the walking on walls part is cool.

But I do think they fire too often. Curious how turning on "must crouch to shoot" would affect that.

Time: Sat January 19, 2019 4:28 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website