A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DeadHamster
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 26, 2017 10:42 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
DeadHamster has contributed to 194 posts out of 461531 total posts (.04%) in 1,025 days (.19 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporter update Mar 26, 2017 10:42 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: notrododo93
And this one support regions AND marker radius. Use this one.

CAD's 1.0.3 does as well

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 25, 2017 12:26 AM (Total replies: 11204)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Today ive perfected my cliff modelling skills. Now they look 100 times better than master's

http://i.imgur.com/Ov3EQO7.jpg
Edited by Halonimator on Mar 24, 2017 at 08:45 PM

I'm beginning to form the opinion that Halonimator is really an alt account of Masters in some incredibly elaborate effort to draw attention to SPV3.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Problem that came back to haunt me. Mar 24, 2017 11:46 AM (Total replies: 10)

And youre running every single program as an administrator? Otherwise youre using cached files.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Tool Problem that came back to haunt me. Mar 23, 2017 06:48 PM (Total replies: 10)

I believe that one of your tags has a corrupted value, it's too large for an unsigned long data type.

Those "EXCEPTION halt" errors occur when you input a value into guerilla that doesn't mesh with what it really is.

For example, open a sound tag and delete one of the reflexives on bottom, that contain the different permutations. There's another value that is the "actual permutation count" or something similar; because there are less permutations than the tag lists it throws an exception similar to the one above.

In this case, unsigned longs can have values from 0 to 4,294,967,295. You must have a tag that stores data as an unsigned long, but has a value outside the bounds listed above.

Only way to fix is to replace all your tags, or try to remember which one you added and where the errors would be. If you just added a vehicle and this showed up, it's somewhere in the vehicle tag. Best way for you to debug this is to open your scenario and start deleting tags. Once the game runs properly, you know you've found where the error is. Now you can start digging deeper into the values in those tags to see what's wrong.

Halo CE General Discussion » BlueStreak JMS Exporter 1.0.4 Mar 16, 2017 05:55 PM (Total replies: 10)

Quote: --- Original message by: Dont Cuss
Is it an inches to centimeters problem. What measurement do you have set as 1 unit?

This may be it; it was only certain models and while I checked scale properties, I didn't look at unit size.

I've started using JungleGym as well, absurdly fast. Exporting Outskirturf went from 5 minutes to 5 seconds.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Mar 12, 2017 04:15 PM (Total replies: 245)

Quote: --- Original message by: theTeabagger
Wait a minute, I have never heard of this, I only known about SPV3, I just registered on this site, and am already finding out something I have not known about Halo on PC. Should I download this and play it instead of SPV3? Because that only has half the game, no flood.

Por que no los dos?

Or why not both? You can have both these installed next to one another. CMT is currently in the process of adding in the second half of the campaign. This will include Flood.

But until then, try this and the countless other SP mods for Halo Custom Edition.

Halo CE General Discussion » BlueStreak JMS Exporter 1.0.4 Mar 10, 2017 09:59 PM (Total replies: 10)

Download

What is this?

This is an extremely minor update to the BlueStreak JMS exporter. All that it does is double the radius of any marker exported.

I've run into a strange issue where, only in some instances and I haven't figured out why yet, sapien renders pathfinding spheres at half the size that they're shown in 3DS max.

If you want it, use it. If not, don't.

Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 10, 2017 at 10:34 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » multiplayer in halo-PC vs Halo CE Mar 10, 2017 09:55 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
in Custom Edition they must be identical files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik0e4zcc_xM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4zaMvV__4
Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 10, 2017 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Im not releasing my sp maps thanks to the spv3 leader (mustardz1337), pm me if you want someone to model some bsp's for you.

And what does that accomplish exactly? Whats the point or goal of not releasing your maps? To show masters...., what exactly?

Halo CE General Discussion » multiplayer in halo-PC vs Halo CE Mar 9, 2017 07:50 PM (Total replies: 7)

Combat Evolved doesnt do a comparison on the cheksum. So a mapfile can have differences between the server and host in Combat Evolved, whereas in Custom Edition they must be identical files.

As an example; You can install a texture mod like Pepness's FTW and join stock maps, with other people who dont have the updated textures.

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Use my tagset, and stop relating with mustardz1337. But be carefull, dont use any vanilla-CMT-zteam-tsce tags. it took me months to balance this thing.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50038

Edited by Halonimator on Mar 7, 2017 at 02:24 AM

Took "months to balance"

CMT has been modding the engine for ~10 years.

As per maters comments; use the visual assets. I know I didnt download a CMT map. If the assault rifle functions like I expect an AR to function, it wont matter that its not the CMT AR. Even if it looks the same.

Halo CE General Discussion » flashlights on marines Mar 2, 2017 01:25 AM (Total replies: 11)

Change 'scale function by' to none.

C in is a function in the tag effected by flashlight state on the biped, at least in this case it is. All that is customizable of course, but by removing the scale by and leaving the 'function' field directly above it at 'one', itll always be on.

At least it will be for the player biped. Marines use A-in for their flashlight, but still scale it by C-in which may just be an iversight as marines didnt have to use flashlights that way.
Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 2, 2017 at 01:32 AM

https://puu.sh/u12o3/4131983137.jpg

I'm working on some modular/plug-and-play black magic, and I got very excited by how smoothly your vehicle objects were being attached.

I assume that the server/network running the commands is what makes it appear so smooth/proper? You have them utilizing their animations as well which piqued my interest. BUT as they're done by SAPP/Lua and not BLAMscript, it's not exceptionally helpful for what I'm looking at.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » ai place after effect? Mar 1, 2017 05:21 PM (Total replies: 4)

Bourrin did it by spawning a vehicle which has "built-in gunner". It's kinda tricky to set up though.

Ironically, this is how we used to spawn AI on PC without the HEK.

You would fill the reference with the AI you want, place it upside down when created and when it falls the AI will be ejected.

Any info onto where that AI syncing map was made or whom by?

Edit:Uggggh. SAPP/Lua scripting by Altis. Won't be helpful.
Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 1, 2017 at 05:03 PM

So this is something I'm just drawing up now; syntax may be off but meh;

Quote:
(global long status_byte 0)
(global short current_bot 0)
(global AI activebot NONE)

(script stub AI bots activebot)

(script continuous status_magick
(if (< 0 (unit_get_health (unit (list_get (ai_actors (bots)) current_bot))))(set status_byte (bit_toggle status_byte current_bot 1) (set status_byte (bit_toggle status_byte current_bot 0)
(if (>= (ai_living_count (bots)) current_bot)(set current_bot 0)(set current_bot (+ 1 current_bot))
)

Minus any syntax or verbiage errors (I'm not at home, don't have a debugger handy) That script should go through every AI in the encounter that I set to be "activebot", and flip a bit in the global "status_byte" to true if the AI is alive, or false if the AI is dead.

However bit_toggle doesn't toggle anything. Even using the command manually, ingame or through sapien, it returns a 0 and no change is made to the global "status_byte".

Any idea why this would happen? Do the commands function as described, are there any known issues with them? I recall having used the functions properly on a separate mapfile but can't be certain now that it was working proper.
Edited by DeadHamster on Mar 1, 2017 at 04:49 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Jetpack as a weapon Feb 26, 2017 01:55 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: nathaninthailand
This is something I'm just sort of throwing out there.
I know it's possible to have a jetpack style thing with scripts or lua, but it doesn't sync well, and it looks a little odd. (at least the ones I've seen)
Knowing that people have added boosts to custom ghosts by adding explosion effects, does that mean such a thing would be possible through some sort of weird weapon coding? Or do all weapon projectiles have to come from the front of the barrel?
I don't know anything as much as I could (or should) about Halo modding, so forgive me if this is clearly impossible.

All weapon projectiles originate from a special marker. A marker in simple terms is a basic primitive which you can place wherever you want on your model within your favourite 3d app, though usually modders situate them at the end of a barrel because it makes sense to.

Generally the type of marker which your projectile or firing effect originates from is called the "primary trigger" though it can be named something else entirely .

So to answer your question, no projectiles aren't always constrained to the front of a barrel. They can be established wherever you set your marker.

Eh no.

On 99.999% of guns projectiles are fired from the screen. This is to make calculating trajectory accurate for the player. The markers are used to display firing effects, as you said

If you deselect the bitmask in the weapon tag that says "fired from screen", it will fire from the weapons marker, towards the center based on a certain distance. If your target is before the distance, your projectile will hit to the right of the crosshair. If your projectile goes a long distance, it ends up to the left of the crosshair. It breaks the weapon from the player's point of view.

You can edit XYZ and rotation positions that control the projectiles orgin. These are located in the weapon tags.
Edited by DeadHamster on Feb 26, 2017 at 01:57 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Messing with Sky/Fog Feb 26, 2017 01:50 PM (Total replies: 11)

The water's fog is a .fog tag

Some fogs are simple and controlled only by the BSP's sky tag. This is usualy just distance-occlusion fog to prevent draw distance from being obvious.

Quote: --- Original message by: JSSQUARED
Thank you so much! That was exactly what I needed. Got it up and running in Sapien with no problems after following your advice. However, I'm still a bit confused by how tool.exe compiles. Specifically, "tool.exe structure scenario-directory bsp-name".

When I compile is "scenario-directory" referring to the directory that my .jms is located in or is it referring to where I want the directory built? I feel like the HEK tutorial was a little vague on explaining this. Or I at least missed some detail. I'm assuming it refers to where it's going? And if that is the case, then can I be specific when I enter in a directory? Just so that I can avoid compiling it into Virtual Store in the future? Because right now every time I compile it goes to Virtual Store.

Thank you again so much for your help!

You need to save your .JMS to the DATA directory

For example;

Halo Custom Edition/data/levels/test/hampisleet/models/leetbsp.jms

Is ran like so

tool.exe structure levels\test\hampuisleet leetbsp

Creates the tags:

Halo Custom Edition/tags/levels/test/hampisleet/hampisleet.scenario
Halo Custom Edition/tags/levels/test/hampisleet/hampisleet.scenario_structure_bsp

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV2 actual beta releases Feb 23, 2017 12:56 PM (Total replies: 70)

I wasnt asking IF he speaks spanish. I know he does. i was asking if he WOULD speak in spanish.

I couldve just said "Vayas chingarte punta", how's my conjugation on that? ;)

PS google translate has come leaps and bounds and is actually fairly decent with grammar.

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 12:16 AM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website