A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DeadHamster
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 16, 2018 07:53 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
DeadHamster has contributed to 654 posts out of 467070 total posts (.14%) in 1,506 days (.43 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Jul 16, 2018 07:53 PM (Total replies: 191)

Pretty sure it was still using a beta version of the SPV3 tagset, where he was looking into dynamic crosshair and pickup icons.

So I had been persuing a promotion at my job which is why I had to cease any updates. But I actually expect to spend all of tomorrow getting some more things updated.

Stay tuned?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Anyway to remove scenery using scripts? Jul 6, 2018 08:06 AM (Total replies: 4)

Name all the scenery objects you want destroyed like the following;

@1
@2
@3
@4
@5

etc.

Now use the command

(object_destroy_containing "@")

Now all the scenery items you named with a @ are destroyed, the rest are maintained. You can create multiple sets by using other characters like ^ or %

I created a fake elevator this way; player enters room. Doors close. Script screen shaking and elevator sound. Delete scenery with above, place scenery using (object_create_containing @), and when the doors open back up all scenery placements in the level have changed and it gives the illusion the player has changed floors.

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 6, 2018 08:01 AM (Total replies: 16)

I, along with countless others, have edited A10, A50 and other "interior" BSPs. Here's a secret; interior and exterior BSPs are completely identical. There is no such thing as an interior BSP, there are just BSPs. They're all built identically.

Again, you have open edges around the door frames. You didn't build the sky materials properly, you didn't seal the geometry properly. There is no big secret that you're missing, you just need to go back and look at where the errors are and recreate the triangles. Make sure every vertice is used and that there are no overlapping faces, and that the faces are pointing inwards.

You need to collapse the modifier stacks. Youre UVW Mapping modifiers have to be combined and consolidated into the mesh. Right click them and click collapse or whatever it is.

Also you should only do one UV modifier at a time, and collapse each one as you go.

Halo CE General Discussion » How about an INTERIOR level/bsp tutorial? Jul 4, 2018 11:11 AM (Total replies: 16)

Those B40 AOTCR hallways lead to +sky materials.

The importerts do NOT import +sky material geomertry. You DO have to rebuild any faces that were originally +sky, every time.

As Matt said you do not NEED sky materials, you can utilize interior lighting and have all faces show standard materials. But almost every bungie map utilizes +sky materials, even as interior levels.

A10 has windows that look out into space. Behind the semi-transparent window texture is a +sky box extruded out. B40 has the top of the level that needs to be sealed with sky. They also chose to use +sky instead of +seamsealer or a standard material to end the hallways. Uncertain as to why they did this, but they did.

So yes, EVERY TIME you import a BSP you MUST reconstruct any sky materials it was originally made with, or rebuild it so that it is no longer requiring them to seal the geometry. ALSO, ANY MATERIAL THAT WAS SET TO RENDER-ONLY OR COLLISION-ONLY ARE NOT SAVED. So you may have to reconstruct or reassign special shader symbols as well.
Edited by DeadHamster on Jul 4, 2018 at 11:16 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » For all viewers Jun 25, 2018 08:47 AM (Total replies: 2)

I have you now.

I knew you'd have SPV3 installed, so I piggybacked on their update port to install my package on your system. I told you to update Norton, you waited too long. Nobody can save you now.

Jokes on you. I backtraced your IP through your local DNS node. Im currently editing my servers config to ping malware through your firewall.

Better hope your copy of norton is updated.

Halo CE General Discussion » There was no geometry to export, some help? May 30, 2018 08:52 PM (Total replies: 4)

Link your geometry to any object, and name that object "frame".

Altis isn't using an aimbot, he is the aimbot. I can't tell you anything more than that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Horrible, horrible faliure... May 23, 2018 11:54 AM (Total replies: 8)

Bluestreak works in Gmax.

Halo CE General Discussion » JMS exporters May 23, 2018 11:50 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW

The BSPs are pretty detailed.. and this interior section I'm currently working on has close to 40,000 faces. Nothing some portals can't handle right?

I can assure you this is not the case. Design the structure with culling sections in mind or you'll pay for it later on.

Halo CE General Discussion » Looking for Universal UI source. May 17, 2018 07:53 PM (Total replies: 4)

Copy Paste the unicode strings file and hex edit them. Theres a value that stores the length of the string. You modify that and the string itself. Or use the same number of characters and you wont have to change the value. I did exactly this to make Mombasa's UI from mooseguy's universal

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 11, 2018 03:28 PM (Total replies: 29)

God is the biggest narcissist there is. Why dont you mull that one over

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo PC Confirmed? May 10, 2018 02:19 PM (Total replies: 29)

Halo CE General Discussion » silence May 10, 2018 11:46 AM (Total replies: 4)

Well best of luck, I think honestly we're pretty late in the cycle to be putting this much work into a mod tool. Not any modders left to use it. But eh, go for it man.

Halo CE General Discussion » Discord Server Needed May 10, 2018 11:38 AM (Total replies: 52)

Sparky: Posts long verbose messages with a tone of superiority. Discusses topics nobody wants to talk about and actually actively avoid due to the confrontational nature and personal importance those topics usually hold. Constantly trying to convince others of the truth of his statements, which implies a subconscious uncertainty. Overzealous insistence may be more to convince himself than others, and his looking to others for agreement suggests a lack of conviction or strong will.

MegaSean: Posts exhibit a longing for acceptance from others. Multiple discussions on leaving various online communities shows the level of attachment to internet groups, which suggests a lack of positive social interactions in other facets of his life. Claims often to be the target of other's cruelty, but the common occurrence of these incidents suggest they're likely caused by his own actions. The need of acceptance by his peers in online communities and the importance placed upon those communities suggests a lack of meaningful social relationships.

DeadHamster: Total boss who don't love them hoes and doesn't get caught up in internet drama. Probably old enough to be your daddy, if the dog didn't beat him over the fence first. The lack of involvement in the global community and adherence almost strictly to the overarching topic of the community (modding) suggests that he's not here to involve in drama, and probably just likes modding Halo.

I like these, can I do anybody else?

Halo CE General Discussion » silence May 10, 2018 12:00 AM (Total replies: 4)

Any compatability for PC users?

This program edits the tags in Guerilla format? What alternative is there for mac users to Tool for compiling these assets?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Collision model help? May 9, 2018 12:04 PM (Total replies: 5)

That's an error I've never seen before.

I would .rar up the model and post it here. Others have gotten the same error but no answers as to what or why. Looking at the geometry I could probably guess at what Tool's complaining over.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » models not showing any textures?? May 5, 2018 09:52 PM (Total replies: 3)

Glad to hear you got it figured out, and happy I could help. I'm always available to assist anyone with issues as best I can. If you run into something post it here and chances are I'll reply within a day or so, if not send me a PM and I'll be sure to reply back.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » model animation May 5, 2018 08:40 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: BOUNTYHUNT3R541
characters\marine_armored\marine_armored' don't match (region counts don't match)

Didn't see that at first. Something isn't right with the gbx_model/collision_model, not exactly sure what though. You should upload the 3DS Max file you have of the biped, I'd be able to download and take a look at the setup you have in max and see why it won't mesh with the stock animations/collision.

Time: Sun July 22, 2018 8:22 PM 204 ms.
A Halo Maps Website