A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: theYellow
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 18, 2019 11:28 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
theYellow has contributed to 9 posts out of 469462 total posts (0.00%) in 1,970 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

this has been frustrating me for weeks, I always manage to get the Map, but never the Scenery - Honestly, I'm at a point where I'm willing to manually place all Objects

€dit:
So I figured ill use this thread to also ask for help regarding more upcoming questions I'm going to have. And here is the first one:

I preceded manually placing the Scenery Objects. And now, while trying to create a shader emulating the tree_leafy_leaves shader, i noticed something. The leave textures of different trees are being recolored in one of 4 ways (A, B, C, D) - see screenshot:

But where can i find the associated color values for each letter?
Edited by theYellow on Oct 20, 2019 at 10:36 AM

okay, gotcha!
Thanks a lot for your help Moses, the Texture part is very useful!
This means I can start working on a Unity Shader that emulates Halo CE.

About the Scenery Objects, I found the Array listing them all. For B30 those are over 700 Items. Does "placing separately" mean that I'd have to place them all manually according to the coordinates, rotation and scale data I find in the array?

thanks a lot again Moses!

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Several months ago I added to Mozzarilla the ability to convert every bit of geometry and markers in sbsp tags to gbxmodel tags. Since we have gbxmodel importers for 3ds Max, this will let you import those converted bsps. Download the MEKE, open Mozzarilla, go to Tools->Tag conveters->structure_scenario_bsp to gbxmodel and use that to convert the model. You can choose what to include, but for just navigating it in another engine you'll want Renderable, Lightmaps, and Collidable.

You can get the MEKE here(includes gbxmodel importer scripts for 3DS Max):
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=50573

HTH

this sounds very Promising! Thanks, ill give it a try right away!

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000

When your endeavor is successful, you should upload panoramic video so I can see how it looks please & thank you.

If you own a VR Headset you can always see my progress and how far i managed to get here:

https://account.altvr.com/worlds/1004126548703314916/spaces/1314026663687749636

€dit:
I'm sorry if I ask noobish questions, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing here.
So, I followed your steps and managed to get something into Max.

But what I got was just a Gray Mesh with no textures (which I can fix) but I still can't see any trees, Rocks, Plants or other scene objects. And arent Lightmaps black and white illumination images? I can't find them either.

again, excuse me for my uninformed questions :/
Edited by theYellow on Oct 17, 2019 at 10:30 AM
Edited by theYellow on Oct 17, 2019 at 10:57 AM

just had to google what Asset Flipping is.

I have a VR Headset, and I would love to explore the classic Halo Maps in VR.

Hi there :)
I'm looking for someone who can help me exporting Halo CE Campaign Maps so I can open them in 3Ds Max. I have been trying to get this to work for a while now, but most tools seem to be very outdated or won't work anymore. Some tools just crash, others export models with bad UVs or broken Textures. Eventually, I managed to get a Map into 3Ds Max looking fine, but with no Trees, Rocks or other Scenery and I'm unable to find any way to export them alongside the Map. So anyone here who can help me? :C

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Nov 17, 2018 08:39 AM (Total replies: 979)

so no chance of maybe just exporting their XYZ Coordinates and Scale, Rotation parameters - so i can just place them accordingly in 3DsMax

€dit:
Are the images visible now?
Edited by theYellow on Nov 17, 2018 at 09:17 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Nov 16, 2018 01:02 PM (Total replies: 979)

Hi :)

Im trying to get some of my favorite Halo Maps into 3Ds Max. Using adjutant i keep getting messed up textures tho, am i doing something wrong?

Hope people in here are still active - and maybe someone would even be able to give me some help. Planing to port some of the Maps to VR as accurately as possible, to get the feeling of being inside my most fav maps and hang there with virtual friends. :)

€dit:
okay, i managed to fix it by replacing the corrupted Textures by some i fond in a Texture Pack onilne.

But now i have another Question. How can i get all the Rocks, Trees and Equipment with their relative Position to the map?

Edited by theYellow on Nov 16, 2018 at 04:32 PM
Edited by theYellow on Nov 16, 2018 at 04:33 PM
Edited by theYellow on Nov 16, 2018 at 05:47 PM

yeah, im still in here some times, hoping for Metropolis.

can you guys upload the Halo2 Metropolis Map for 3DsMax?
Edited by theYellow on Jun 29, 2014 at 09:18 AM

Time: Tue November 19, 2019 6:35 AM 406 ms.
A Halo Maps Website