A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: not giraffe
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 23, 2017 07:29 PM
Website: " style="background-image:url(//goo.gl/YdvTkx);display:block;color:transparent;width:250;height:188;
Interests: your father's tight asshole
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
dead meme
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
not giraffe has contributed to 728 posts out of 463745 total posts (.16%) in 1,107 days (.66 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 23, 2017 07:29 PM (Total replies: 11350)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
There was also a guy developing a version that works in SP. Can't remember who the user's name was, but the rockets were guided by AI, if I remember correctly.

Do you mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkHXfP753pU

If so, there is a difference. Simply put, that one is heat-seeking while mine is laser-guided.
That one only locks on to other objects, while mine is guided by where the player is directly looking.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 23, 2017 09:03 AM (Total replies: 11350)

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX

I believe I have seen guided rockets before.

Do you mean this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPvkLXZs4o

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jul 23, 2017 05:13 AM (Total replies: 11350)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kiiNoHpTiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGl56DarSNE

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] devcheats Jul 5, 2017 01:49 AM (Total replies: 18)

I've updated devcheats. You'll have to download it again if you want the new hotkeys.

The new Hotkeys:
  • NumPadSubtract = Toggle Speed Boost

• NumPadMultiply = Fling

• NumPadDivide = Toggle Noclip

• NumPadDecimal = Boost

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 25, 2017 09:10 PM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

I cut ties with everyone. Gamma, Mythril, Jesse, MoooseGuy, Advancebo, Lone Warrior, Higuy, Lodex. Sorry, it wasn't personal, but it was the wrong way to do it.

I try not to take things personally, I was just curious.

Do you have any other handles that you go by or used to go by? "not giraffe" isn't ringing any bells. But then again, I haven't kept up on this community for the past 3 years or so.

People used to call me l28.

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 25, 2017 08:00 PM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
Hmm, what about UnevenElefant? I used to see them a lot a few years back.

Last I heard she was transgender but whatever happened after didn't seem to be good.

https://i.imgur.com/Y9x3xcL.png

Hello! Thank you for this! Wow. was this seriously posted only 4 days ago? Talk about coincidence. You are correct, I am a transgender woman. I go by Danielle. I'm still alive, though I had some rough times for a really long while. But I'm better now. I go by a different online handle nowadays and am actually doing alright! Been on HRT and living openly for about 7 months now (after many awful years in the closet) and got the court to issue an order for my new name too. I stumbled on this while I was lurking today and had to log back in to say something. Appreciate u makin' a point to set the record straight with regards to my gender :) and I'm floored that people still even remember my old name. I was 14 when I joined this site and I'm 23 now. So much can change in 9 years, damn. Any other queer halomaps vets, send me a PM if you're still around

Did you remove everyone from Steam friend list or just me?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] Guerilla Font Jun 21, 2017 05:32 PM (Total replies: 11)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

Note: Guerilla uses a second font for the headings: WinMenu published in 2001 by Roger Vershen. It's part of a package of four fonts but is individually sold for $79. So instead, I'm remaking that font also..

I didn't know stealing works from a dead man was the Christian way. Very interesting. You once said that all you needed was to believe in Jesus to meet with him. To this day, I still haven't met him, so I think belief is not enough. It seems that I still need to perform many more "good deeds" before I can meet with Jesus. Maybe one day I can be as devout as you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Jun 17, 2017 05:53 AM (Total replies: 11350)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa9xCORz0gw

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 11:23 PM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: marcelo_neri
If my topics bother you that much, please just don't reply any of them.

It does not bother me. I just felt like teaching you how simple it is to use a search engine, after R93_Sniper already gave you an answer.

Quote: --- Original message by: ghost901
I didn't realize there was a rule against helping members out. The dude asked for help so I did exactly that.

If that is what you got out of my message, then I'd suggest working to improve your comprehension skills.

If you don't like that then just stop posting.

I will stop posting now, not because of dislike, but because I'm disinterested in pointlessly conversing any further.

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 06:11 PM (Total replies: 13)

If that's the case then maybe you should actually be helpful by linking him to the correct place instead of calling me out?

I had already been helpful. You see, there is an underlying issue that takes priority over spoon-feeding him. That is that he seems unaware of how to use a search engine. You can spoon-feed people if you want to, but next time I'd advise giving them what they want to eat instead of assuming.

Edited by not giraffe on Jun 12, 2017 at 06:15 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 12, 2017 05:21 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: marcelo_neri
R93_Sniper

How can I do that?

Halo CE 1.0.10

Perhaps...
Just maybe...
If only...

You read the title of the topic or the topic itself, then you might have realized he isn't asking for the CE update.

Halo CE General Discussion » Cant run Halo for PC multiplayer mode Jun 11, 2017 10:55 PM (Total replies: 13)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=halo+1.10

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Jun 4, 2017 07:03 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
Finally, I'd like some help figuring out why there aren't shadows. Vehicles have them, but bipeds dont. Same goes for the rest of the bugs. If any of you can tell me what the issue is, It'd be really helpful.

Sprinkle's realtime game editor saves bsp tags correctly.
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=45788

You could compare tags.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] devcheats May 30, 2017 08:49 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: SPDSTA
Aha! I installed the x86 Visual C++ Redistributable like you said and it works now! Thank you so much! And yes, I had them in the correct place, so everything should be all happy now. I know I am! Haha

I'm sorry, that was my bad. I should've mentioned it in the first post, but I assumed most people already had it installed. I added it under the instructions, thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Halo CE General Discussion » Wondering... May 30, 2017 12:44 AM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: amateurhaloplaya
Quote: --- Original message by: Ling Ling Lang
Or, via the magic of multiple directories, you can create HAC2 and OS versions of Halo so you don't have to deal with pointlessly "uninstalling" stuff.

wait how do you make two versions of halo with OS and HAC2? i need a tutorial.

You need a tutorial? Are you serious? He basically already told you what to do. Make a copy of your Halo folder. Install OpenSauce (it will install to the original Halo folder). Install HAC2 to the copied folder. You can rename them if you want to. I'd tell you to make a symbolic link so they shared maps folders, but that just might be too much for you.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] devcheats May 29, 2017 07:29 PM (Total replies: 18)

So considering that there are no messages there, any idea why devcheats is not loading? Should I have done anything else other than putting the application files in the correct places?

You could try installing the x86 Visual C++ Redistributable, but if you're not getting any missing file errors then it probably won't help.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Also, where exactly are you placing dll and ini file? For example, if your using the default Halo CE directory it should be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\controls\

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] devcheats May 29, 2017 06:08 PM (Total replies: 18)

Are you talking about messages in the game, like on the bottom left corner that you showed in your video?

Correct. By default, messages will be printed there if devcheats loaded successfully on game startup.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] devcheats May 28, 2017 10:18 PM (Total replies: 18)

Quote: --- Original message by: not giraffe
it simply will not work.

That's not very descriptive. Does Halo load? Are you getting any error messages?

My apologies, Halo loads fine and runs like normal. But none of the cheats will activate. I try hitting num pad 0 to toggle whether they work or not and nothing happens. Was I supposed to change the target line or anything on my shortcut to open Halo? Also, I tried using it in PC and Custom edition (private LAN server) and still cannot get the cheats to turn on.

On game startup does it print any messages?

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] devcheats May 28, 2017 12:54 AM (Total replies: 18)

it simply will not work.

That's not very descriptive. Does Halo load? Are you getting any error messages?

Halo CE General Discussion » Anyone have a working 3rd person mod? May 27, 2017 06:00 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky

That means you can use Phasor or SAPP or possibly a scenario script to do this generically.

Phasor and SAPP are dedicated server extensions. I think the only thing SAPP does for clients is anticheat.

Time: Thu July 27, 2017 8:36 AM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website