A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: HattyHattington
About Contact
Last Post: May 8, 2018 12:08 AM
Interests: Gems
Your Age: Yes
What Games do you play: Yes
Probably Goldkilla88

Post Statistics
HattyHattington has contributed to 154 posts out of 469153 total posts (.03%) in 1,824 days (.08 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I "left" in 2015, then played with a bunch of stuff in my free time for a year or two, so probably 8 or 9 years total.
I think I started playing Halo PC/CE early 2008, and couldn't figure out how to do anything modding or map wise for a good year or so. Figured out how to place AI and made a good amount of AI maps until about 2010 when I joined the forum with "goldkilla88" and just occasionally posted and tweaked with stuff. Didn't really do anything worthwhile until I begged LoneWarrior (Flood Campaign dude) to let me help him in 2012 and kinda befriended him. Started playing with 3ds max and threw some stuff his way and obviously it didn't exactly meet his quality bar lmfao. Started learning the way of rips and did a ton of stuff like that. Built up a bunch of s--t I made for personal intrest or to contribute to projects like Pepzee's firefight stuff. My goldilla88 account got banned at some point because I thought it was cool to be edgy and annoying and get slammed with the hammer. Came back, worked on more stuff, then dumped a bunch of stuff in a mega pack in 2015, and since then, I come back once or twice a year for nostalgia. (or cancer if you look at it that way?)

Sorry for the rant, just trippy to think about when I put it in perspective. Yall are a part of my childhood :'). unfortunately :''')

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Ammonia Mar 9, 2017 07:08 PM (Total replies: 12)

sometimes, visiting this place seems worth it when i come back to things like this

:')

Halo CE General Discussion » I have hit my breaking point with this forum. Jun 19, 2016 05:05 PM (Total replies: 13)

Even more reason to drop in every couple months and gave a shameless laugh or two, lmao

Halo CE General Discussion » I have hit my breaking point with this forum. Jun 19, 2016 04:37 PM (Total replies: 13)

I can tell this place has aged beautifully

Halo CE General Discussion » A reflection upon my activities Jul 6, 2015 10:19 PM (Total replies: 68)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
I asked before the question why I am doing this. Dennis pointed out, among other things, that I needed to specify, and the thread was going in an unproductive direction, so here I will try again.

Why am I doing this?

I have been working by myself on a project called Zeus which is intended to be a definitive Halo editor. It is also intended to be part of other projects with the goals of revolutionizing the Halo communities. For several of my projects, I have gone into great detail about what I am doing along the way and providing opportunities for people to participate in the journey and provide suggestions and ideas in order to contribute to the finished work. I have made progress.

Yet I am left wondering why I am doing this.

Most people receive compensation for their work. To put things succinctly, I will not be receiving any form of compensation for my work.

Also, I get treated inhumanely. I get random insults directed towards my character and my intelligence. These people who are insulting me would be the beneficiaries of my work. Why should I do anything for someone who lacks basic human decency? Do you think I should do kind things and incredible amounts of work for them, all for free, while the result is them feeling like they can treat someone like dirt and have the right to expect them to do whatever they want for them in return? This is nonsense.

I have spent many years working toward the goal of uniting the Halo communities. Even though I have shared my vision with practically everyone from every Halo community, I remain the only person with the will to make it happen and the desire to see it happen. Not one person shares or accepts my vision.

Why should I bother to do what I am doing?

I have been working on things like synchronization of artificial intelligence and other things which people claim is impossible but which I see as einfach. And yet as I am doing these things and working hard on seeing it happen, even now, I get disrespect. Am I to expect a kind of respect or praise as a result of my work? If I do not see anything like that now, I will not see anything like that later. And besides, respect and praise are detestable to me and hold no motivation for me.

Why then am I doing what I am doing?

>implying we care
>implying
>implying

Halomaps chased out many already, me included. You aren't special, get over it.
You don't want to keep modding for us? --then leave--
No one is holding you here but yourself.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 17, 2015 07:29 PM (Total replies: 30)

Bumptity.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10031442/maps.zip
Here is a few maps in my maps folder I made awhile back. Nothing special really.
It has day and night versions of some old Bg mod I made, Landslide, Oasis, Stuck, BBT-Hang 'Em High, and the old christmas map I made.

(note: the archive is compressed to be smaller then the tag pack itself so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue)

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 10, 2015 10:04 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOPPELGANGER
I really wish youd do all the tf2 bots.

Too much effort, honestly. Porting just those was super annoying, plus I'd have to make death animations.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 7, 2015 01:25 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899

Quote: --- Original message by: HattyHattington
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx

- dozens of rare pepes
Edited by HattyHattington on May 2, 2015 at 04:35 PM

awww yiss http://i.imgur.com/bwOUF4p.jpg

SECONDED

can you be convinced to do a source tag release in any way. it's immensely great that you did this, i remember seeing your content on youtube years ago. my only concern is that HEK plus breaks stuff and would have the potential to damage extracted things
Edited by Bungie LLC on May 5, 2015 at 08:28 PM

The data folder and tags folder(with the important stuff and replacements for broken extracted tags) are included in the download Zip, that was my main priority. It was just convenient for me that way. (and I think others too since people can just take a look at what they want in the map)

Speaking of my Youtube, I basically purged all of my videos. I left a few behind since they are still semi-active but I don't have a reason to keep Halo things on there anymore.
why did you give up on halo ? because some of thos things seem like part of a map
Edited by DOOM899 on May 7, 2015 at 06:45 AM

I contributed stuff to a few maps but nothing much. Mostly those extra flood stuffs that I never showed off until now.

I don't really have a reason to keep doing stuff, to be honest. I don't like much of the community anymore and so far I haven't really finished any of my projects, so I'm not going to keep this stuff to myself pointlessly. *cough zteam cough*

It's not like it's the end of the world, so I might make a dumb ai map or something every so often, like how I did before I started doing actual custom modding. But life is taking over and I don't have time to work on things anymore.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 6, 2015 09:19 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC

Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx

- dozens of rare pepes

awww yiss http://i.imgur.com/bwOUF4p.jpg

SECONDED

can you be convinced to do a source tag release in any way. it's immensely great that you did this, i remember seeing your content on youtube years ago. my only concern is that HEK plus breaks stuff and would have the potential to damage extracted things
Edited by Bungie LLC on May 5, 2015 at 08:28 PM

The data folder and tags folder(with the important stuff and replacements for broken extracted tags) are included in the download Zip, that was my main priority. It was just convenient for me that way. (and I think others too since people can just take a look at what they want in the map)

Speaking of my Youtube, I basically purged all of my videos. I left a few behind since they are still semi-active but I don't have a reason to keep Halo things on there anymore.

Halo CE General Discussion » Organizing tags May 3, 2015 07:24 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
Alright, so in light of my recent decision to start a massive tag collection, I have noticed something, I need to organize them better. I know how, and what to do, however I need to find a way to store credits, as in keep track of who made what, which will be pretty difficult to do, but it is a must have. It's rude to just write "credit goes to whoever made this"

I'm thinking of a massive text file but its not going to be easy, anyone have any ideas?

I would just do what you said, keep a text file with credits, then update it whenever you add something to the pack. Maybe put it right in the /tags directory.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 3, 2015 05:45 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: michaelwilliam
Half life 3 has been cofirmed!

Seriously good work. Your going to upload this on halomaps.

Thanks, and definitely already done.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 3, 2015 01:07 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: Cheddars
Contributing to the Soviet Union requires none of your dirty capitalist money, take for free.

Das ist ein Ivan.

Etwas für Sie, Ich mag zu tun.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 3, 2015 10:19 AM (Total replies: 30)

Contributing to the Soviet Union requires none of your dirty capitalist money, take for free.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 2, 2015 06:16 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
This pack brings back so many memories, even the christmas stuff is in this, I remember when i was still modelling for that... so many memories.

It makes me sad I kept missing those deadlines. Oh well, the resources are there, it just needs to be completed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 2, 2015 05:04 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral

Hey, glad to see these tags aren't going to fade away.

Oh and don't forget to upload this to halomaps. This place needs more tags.
Glad to see you.
Edited by Spiral on May 2, 2015 at 05:01 PM

Yep, did it right as I posted this. I didn't want a phony pack going up.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 2, 2015 04:43 PM (Total replies: 30)

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
10/10 just what I was hoping for. I am literally filling up around 32TB of halo ce stuff.

Be careful to not make your tags topple over and puke, haha. HEK doesn't like it when you've got too much stuff.

Halo CE General Discussion » Goldkilla's giant dump of tags [2011~2015] May 2, 2015 04:33 PM (Total replies: 30)

SHARING TAGS TO SUPPORT MOTHER RUSSIA

All of my usable tags compressed into an Open Sauce map, with my extras in my slimmed down tags and data folders.

So, after about 4-5 years of making Halo stuff, I've built up a nice big pile of unreleased content. This is nearly everything I've ever worked on, including collabs and raw map files. There are files named ---note.txt--- all around the data and tags folders, because I felt some insight on stuff was necessary. These go from random comments and background info, to how incomplete or broken something is, so they could be worth a read in some cases.
I put this map together on my test map as a playground of sort, with ALL of the scenery, bipeds, vehicles, etc that i've been involved with. I chose this because you can go in through Halo and see what tags you might want to use, find them in HEKPlus and poof!

SOME THINGS THIS PACK INCLUDES:
- My Flood scenery (+more that I never showed)
- My Flood bipeds (H3/modded H1 Carrier forms, H3/modified H2 Infection forms)
- All unfinished maps (along with data)
- Zombie bipeds (along with the better ones never shown)
- Half-Life stuff
- Some bad custom modeled stuff
- Your mom HHUHEAU
- dozens of rare pepes
- All of my unused data assets
- My dignity
- ???
- PROFIT!????

---------------------------------------------------
NOTES
- Just putting my tags folder in your tags directory WILL NOT MAKE THEM WORK. The /taggy taggington folder is only there to correct any potential corruptions that might occur with the HEKPlus extraction of the .map, along with content that can't be added individually through one map. Many shaders will more then likely not work on extraction because multiple of them are in Open Sauce format.
- The map was built with Open Sauce 4.0 and may(or always) make Halo crash if played without it or on a lower version. Frankly I have no idea, I forgot some of this kind of stuff over my absence.
- You can spawn AI Bots over in the giant elevated square by using the command "ai_place"

Map ai_place Encounter names:

ai_place buster - Places a Sentry Buster from TF2
ai_place robopyro - Places a Robot Pyro from TF2
ai_place h3inf - Places 5 Halo 3 Infection Forms
ai_place h3infnp - Places 5 of the "no-pop" variants of Halo 3 Infection Forms
ai_place inf - Places 5 Halo 2 Infection Forms
ai_place carrier - Places my modified Flood Carrier
ai_place h3carrier - Places a Halo 3 Flood Carrier

HOW TO USE THE TAGS:
- Download this file and place the map "everythingthateverwaslel.map" in your Halo CE maps folder.
- Download HEKPlus
- Open the map "everythingthateverwaslel.map" with HEKPlus
- Extract all or some of the tags you want. IF YOU EXTRACT ALL, YOU SHOULD EXTRACT THEM TO AN EMPTY /TAGS FOLDER FIRST AND PULL OUT ANYTHING YOU DONT WANT!
- Unzip "taggy taggington" and take out any shaders you need, plus any extra content you might like. If you want everything to work 70% guaranteed, then place all of the folders in taggy taggington in your tags folder.

|////////////////////////////////|
|/////////DOWNLOAD/////////|
|////////////////////////////////|

CREDITS AND THAT CRAP
I don't care if you credit me or not on normal tags, etc. It isn't like I made most it myself. All I ask is you don't take something and claim it as your own. If you work off of something and make something different, go ahead, but please don't just take an exact copy of one of my stuffs.
HOWEVER: If you use any of my BSP models or finish any of my 3 half-decent maps, PLEASE at least give credit that I had something to do with it. Thank you.

As for crediting others: there are way too many people that extra tags might be tied to, so all I can say is all credit for anything goes to their original authors or creators if it calls for it.
HOWEVER: 90% of everything here ties back to Bungie in some way, so, credit where its due, you guys are(were?) awesome.

Some of the people I can think of:
Kirby: H2 Flood animations and source files for H2 Infection form. Also offered to help me with stuff.
Jesse: Letting me contribute to his project because it got me H2 Flood animations (also odds are some of his hud assets are in here somewhere)
BeachParty: Flood HUD or something.
LoneWarrior: Some of his Flood scenery that I modified. Also let me model stuff for his campaign that died I guess.
L28: he is a pretty cool guy :^)
probably more people but belugh remembering things is too much work.

If any issues are found (missing/corrupted tags), just message me on here and i'll resolve them. However, don't message me over something being incomplete or not functioning correctly, I will not fix it. I will only send you any missing tags you need.

Enjoy and happy ripping!

EDIT: forgot pictures

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 21, 2015 06:39 PM (Total replies: 2780)

Quote: --- Original message by: Docer
You sir. Dont have any idea of what you're talking about, just GTFO and play H:O and leave this happy community. PLEASE

"happy"

Halo CE General Discussion » Can't pick up weapons... Apr 21, 2015 03:50 PM (Total replies: 26)

Quote: --- Original message by: KF7ZSE

What would be the simplest and quickest way to fix this because alot of these methods seem really complicated...since im new to nodding :P so just using a different biped could fix this problem? So were can I get Jesse's H3 Bipeds?
Edited by KF7ZSE on Apr 15, 2015 at 08:16 PM

Is your fedora properly placed on your head?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Online Apr 20, 2015 06:56 PM (Total replies: 2780)

This thread is a reminder to myself of why I distance myself from this community.

Time: Mon July 15, 2019 3:10 PM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website