A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: The Master
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 11, 2020 03:42 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
The Master has contributed to 221 posts out of 465369 total posts (.05%) in 2,064 days (.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Whoever made the map ‘Revelations’ Mar 11, 2020 03:42 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: SeL
-snip-

I was under the impression MCC is going to be able to load Custom Edition maps natively at... some point in the future?

From what I understand, the engine is actually being emulated on top of unreal engine and is actually a dll (Someone correct me), the maps still contain most of the data they usually did on Custom Edition but some assets like sounds and textures are exported to other sabre engine files in another folder, I'm assuming, to be able to switch between the two engines instantly while sharing assets between them.
AFAIK we can only port maps by reassinging custom texture/sound paths to default ones, replacing a pre-existing map and doing some hex editing to get the map to load.
I'm assuming we will be seeing a proper, easy porting tool in the distant future when people figure out how to make those files and how everything works, but until then we're gonna have to do with wacky ports like yoyorast island.

So no, I don't think they will ever be able to load them natively unless they rebuild the entire MCC engine from scratch while implementing cross platform matchmaking, which I'm sure they're eager to do for free.

Halo CE General Discussion » Is this site closing in 2016? Mar 10, 2020 08:50 PM (Total replies: 116)

Quote: --- Original message by: Scott
Quote: --- Original message by: The Master
HTTPS when?

Certs are free and easy.

Why more like, it's not like this is a public forum

Are you high?
Are you a cop?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Utility] Reclaimer Mar 7, 2020 05:15 PM (Total replies: 64)

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
We need to rip Halo CEA models

y tho

Halo CE General Discussion » Is this site closing in 2016? Mar 5, 2020 10:19 AM (Total replies: 116)

HTTPS when?

Certs are free and easy.

Why more like, it's not like this is a public forum

Halo CE General Discussion » Custom Tags Feb 16, 2020 04:11 PM (Total replies: 5)

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=8580
If that doesn't help you make sure to ask again here while being a bit more specific

Halo CE General Discussion » Spaien Crash Jan 27, 2020 11:13 AM (Total replies: 7)

try deleting everything in the scenario tag in guerilla

Wait I just noticed, are the bones 3dsmax bones, spheres or something else?

If you're only going to use one permutation and no mouth movement/blinking you might want to consider using the master chief biped instead, I also find it very weird that you have the markers in max but they don't show up in guerilla.
Can you post a pic of the nodes dropdown list in both tags? I don't think it should, but it might have to do with your model having less separate objects and with a different name than the original.

Your nodes must have the same exact structure, names and order as they have in the animations. You also can't resize a model once it's been rigged, you must modify the world units to do that properly.
Can you post a pic of the model's object hierarchy in 3dsmax as exported, a pic of the hierarchy on the imported original model and how they both end up listed in both the new gbxmodel and the one you used for reference?
Edited by The Master on Jan 12, 2020 at 10:10 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo on modern Mac Machine? [HELP] Dec 17, 2019 10:49 AM (Total replies: 4)

Mac doesn't run x86 code anymore IIRC, I don't know if they've come up with a x86 emulator yet (god that feels so weird to write)

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Planet Flood C Infinite!?! Sep 7, 2019 10:35 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Some said this day would never come, what have they to say now?

"oh no"

Quote: --- Original message by: Megatron
Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
I just realized every single one of OPs posts are just about 343 and Bungie fanboys.

Maybe baiting posts like these are why people dislike you on here?
He's right tho you know?

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy forum anniversary ODX! Jul 31, 2017 07:59 PM (Total replies: 18)

Yay I'm an elder! (Joined back in 2011 but Dennis banned me for swearing like a sailor)
Also you're still not changing that pic are you?

Halo CE General Discussion » Next HMU Jul 10, 2017 01:38 PM (Total replies: 4)

Quote: --- Original message by: Isxz
Anyways, most of the uploaded maps are crappy maps from latino "mappers" like Spartan Gold, so I don't find necessary to make a HMU yet.
Said the pot to the kettle

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 19, 2017 06:23 PM (Total replies: 74)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: assassinchief
who are you

Exactly xD
Probably a HMF elder that is from before 2010

You're giving me too much credit. I was an extremely obnoxious and somewhat notorious troll, I was also a 10 year old kid.

Now you're a 13 year old kid! Congrats! We all grow up eventually.
Some of us don't, apparently

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 19, 2017 08:16 AM (Total replies: 74)

who are you

Exactly xD
Probably a HMF elder that is from before 2010
For a second there I thought I was in another forum, still using that profile pic huh?

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 18, 2017 08:21 PM (Total replies: 74)

who are you

Halo CE General Discussion » Best comment so far on this forum. May 23, 2017 12:18 PM (Total replies: 33)

Is this forum even about halo ce anymore

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Banshee64
Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
2008 version does everything you need tbh.
I could make a 3d model by manually writing the file in notepad++ and that'd be everything I really need, but other tools are way easier and more efficient at doing the job.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/915/142/8c3.jpg

I bet he could *sniffles* DDoS *snorts* your minecraft server too.
You know what I mean, I thought after all these years y'all would have matured.

Quote: --- Original message by: OHunterO
2008 version does everything you need tbh.
I could make a 3d model by manually writing the file in notepad++ and that'd be everything I really need, but other tools are way easier and more efficient at doing the job.

Time: Wed April 1, 2020 6:59 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website