A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: RabbitFood
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 3, 2016 01:45 AM
Interests: Graphic Designing, Calculus
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Halo Trilogy, Reclaimer Saga, CoD, Fallout Series, Elder Scrolls Series, Indies
tripping a path through an internship

Post Statistics
RabbitFood has contributed to 648 posts out of 468638 total posts (.14%) in 1,719 days (.38 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Man Cannons in Halo CE like Halo 3 Sep 3, 2016 01:45 AM (Total replies: 13)

I recall the Takedown team talking about how they got man cannons to work, but that's all I know on the subject.

The influx of new people from the SPV3 mod is both a blessing and a curse.

mostly a curse

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 25, 2016 01:54 AM (Total replies: 12123)

About time.

but seriously, when is vidoc #4 being released?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 23, 2016 02:43 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Since you guys were talking about network speeds and all, just thought I'd share-

Suck it nerds.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Nov 24, 2015 11:28 PM (Total replies: 494)

wow this actually went somewhere i am genuinely surprised
No but in all seriousness keep it up its looking great

Halo CE General Discussion » And HE DOES IT AGAIN Nov 17, 2015 04:26 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Finally the nuke from hugeass will be useful.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 12, 2015 07:48 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
So... where does this stand atm?

I'm no fortune teller, but it's probably still being worked on, and the release date is later.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 1, 2015 08:48 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Yeah after they destroy the sentinel.

That's going to be one tough Sentinel.

spam plasma pistol

Quote: --- Original message by: RabbitFood
We ever find the easter egg in the Manual or the way to get the Pelican to rise from the water and drop off some weapon?

Golden Pistol man
You've gotta play on legendary, and as soon as you land on the beach switch to pistol. Then you gotta beat the whole thing, killing e'rrybody without entering any vehicles, without cheats, and without swapping to any other weapon.
At least, that's what I've been trying to attempt.

Grenades tho ?

So I played through this map numerous times. Loved every moment.

Attempted the Golden Pistol Challenge. Failed miserably.
D:

Anybody notice that after you activate that bigass bridge, upon leaving the server room (without killing any invis-elites); going back they all freeze in place?

That bug has been around since Halo was originally released. I'm not sure what causes it, I've never bothered to check.

We ever find the easter egg in the Manual or the way to get the Pelican to rise from the water and drop off some weapon?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 9, 2015 06:07 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
did i missed a fight or something?

We were just roleplaying.

im a level 39 earth magician

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 6, 2015 10:51 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
So, am i the only one here which wants a release date? :P

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 5, 2015 05:53 PM (Total replies: 12123)

dalode really does just exist to start trouble huh

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Sep 4, 2015 05:09 PM (Total replies: 12123)

I think its unfair to compare the two when SPV3 hasn't even had a single map released yet.

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Jul 28, 2015 07:34 PM (Total replies: 1179)

so do we have halo 3 marine anims yet

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Jul 20, 2015 09:04 AM (Total replies: 1179)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Nothing is scarier than poor Khajits.

someone invert the colors on the tsc guide 2 see if it do anything

the actual reason this will never be done is because we can't get the halo 2 marine animations

Halo CE General Discussion » Pegasus Fixed Jun 14, 2015 06:19 PM (Total replies: 48)

Quote: --- Original message by: NeX

RE UV the whole map - use textures that actually smoothly tile (not just in a line). Right now it looks like you're using a total of maybe 2 different textures for the whole map - i know because I use those textures as well, they're from Reach/H4 and are human textures from both ONI levels and the UNSC Infinity's interior.

They don't stack very well, especially the one that uses that big pipe/hose thing. they're great for strips, but don't just paste lines of a texture that only tiles horizontally all over the whole map. If you have those, you likely have a lot of other ones, so get a little diversity going on.

If you aren't sure what I mean, here's an example from when I reskinned Gridiron

http://i.imgur.com/dMlt2yx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TYOiW5x.jpg

I'm not going to say that mine is perfect by any means, but it certainly has a dynamic and follows a general aesthetic. It's likely much too bright, and has since been changed, but all in all that's what I would try to shoot for in this map - it'll look much more cohesive than just using the same material/texture on every surface and saying "done".

PS - you can't just slap HR and H4 textures into a CE map and have them look good - the diffuse maps were made with specular and normals/micronormals in mind, not to mention a whole different kind of multipurpose mapping, so you'll need to heavily edit them in photoshop and probably go over the diffuse, specular (can usually get stuck in the alpha channel of the difuse for CE with a little tweaking), and normal maps. If you need help, I'd happily send you some of the textures I've already modified to work with CE, since all the stuff I use/modify/create is public and whatnot.
Edited by NeX on Jun 12, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Has this been released?
Edited by RabbitFood on Jun 14, 2015 at 06:42 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 26, 2015 01:28 AM (Total replies: 12123)

yeah you guys all bring up valid points but without sprint how would you pull off all your amazing 540 quickscope no aimbot headshots only montage?

Time: Tue April 23, 2019 1:23 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website