A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: greyhamism
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 31, 2015 10:05 PM
Interests: IT, Music, Gaming
Your Age: 19
What Games do you play: Halo, Halo, Halo. Also SW:KotOR

Post Statistics
greyhamism has contributed to 38 posts out of 469347 total posts (.01%) in 1,868 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Oct 31, 2015 10:05 PM (Total replies: 1179)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
no

wooo! updates !

but srsly tho, had your CE3 2015 video re-shown to me by a mate after he "discovered a leaked version of halo 3 for pc". So I had a chuckle, then wondered if anything had happened projectwise since is all. Will wait patiently in the future

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Oct 31, 2015 05:55 AM (Total replies: 1179)

can plz hav upd8?

Halo CE General Discussion » Chatter about Halo 5 Is chatter Oct 23, 2015 04:10 AM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Pretty sure they said the exact same thing about 3, Wars, ODST, Reach, 4 and MCC.

Yea which why i didn't go all "0MG H@L0 5 F0R PC CONFIRM3D" .

But given that we now have mostly viable copies of each halo game released to date (excluding halo wars) that run on an x86 platform (the xbone), porting would be a whole lot easier. That said, going be their track record, im not getting my hopes up

Halo CE General Discussion » Chatter about Halo 5 Is chatter Oct 23, 2015 03:44 AM (Total replies: 24)

http://www.pcgamer.com/theres-plenty-of-chance-halo-5-could-come-to-pc-says-343-rep/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

It would appear that M$ have not denied the possibility of Halo 5 coming to PC.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 5 first 3 missions Oct 18, 2015 01:01 AM (Total replies: 6)

i want to watch it, but i also dont. aarrhhgg

Halo CE General Discussion » 60 fps animations? Sep 17, 2015 06:17 AM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: DoodleSama
Well I'm not sorry that I mostly state facts.

Halo CE General Discussion » Survey: Which GPU do you use? Aug 12, 2015 04:31 AM (Total replies: 68)

Quote: --- Original message by: DoodleSama
Cause no one wants to look through walls of DxDiag text

What, can't be bothered to Ctrl+F "Card name"? lol

Why do feel the need to have everyone validate their rigs? is some other bloke on a niche forum for a game from last decade saying they're running a card that they may or may not be actually running going to put that big of a dint in your day?

Halo CE General Discussion » Survey: Which GPU do you use? Aug 11, 2015 02:35 AM (Total replies: 68)

AMD 7970 3GB version w/ minor overclocks. Downsamples Vanilla Halo from 8K @ 30fps, TSC:E from 4K @ 60fps, and runs Halo Online on 'ultra' setting at 1080p @ 60fps. So im pretty stoked with my halo experience atm

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Forge World Jul 13, 2015 07:10 PM (Total replies: 229)

Dat resolution. What are you using to get such high quality?

Depending on what card you're running, most people tend to use GeDoSaTo (AMD) or Built-In NVidia features to run halo at significantly higher resolutions. Given the games age, it doesn't take that much grunt to run either

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Forge World Jul 13, 2015 07:06 PM (Total replies: 229)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94

Quote: --- Original message by: greyhamism
looks amazing, are these screenshots downsampled? cuz if not they should be :P

http://puu.sh/iY4jU/3a2f39c3f8.jpg
http://puu.sh/iY4Ko/846227bb15.jpg

Edit. Updated OP.
Edited by altis94 on Jul 13, 2015 at 05:33 PM

dat 4K tho

Seriously though, the pixel bump only does justice to the work you've put in. Amazing Job

*EDIT* oops, i mean 8K
Edited by greyhamism on Jul 13, 2015 at 07:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Forge World Jul 13, 2015 05:59 AM (Total replies: 229)

looks amazing, are these screenshots downsampled? cuz if not they should be :P

Quote: --- Original message by: NeX
Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
In my view if your over the age of 19 and you work with peers lower than you that automatically makes you the sexual predator of the group you are in.

so slow bullet and storm are the sexual predators of SBB? was beginning to notice this, might have to bring a rape whistle to the next gamenight

Ain't no brakes on this rape train...

choo choo ;)

Does being 20 make me old then? i thought given the age of the game, i'd be on the younger end of the spectrum :/

I'd be a bit more sympathetic if sealed copies were super rare or the game had next to no support/community backing, but Halo has both of these. So, yeah.

It's a tad bit ridiculous to expect a game that receives updates (see v1.10) this long into its life/release cycle and expect not to pay for it. Also, given the only official HaloCE installer is the same one released in 2004, I'm not sure how you could expect anything else.
If you don't want to play online, im sure you can find a key to get you past the install. Just don't expect any proper level of help if something goes wrong.
But otherwise, I picked my copy up locally (EB Games) for $15 AUD, and if i lived in the US/UK, Amazon has brand new copies going for less than that.

Halo CE General Discussion » Happy New Year! Jan 1, 2015 04:03 AM (Total replies: 32)

2560x1440?

m9 get on mi resolution http://imgur.com/9fe9INs

Halo CE General Discussion » Issues with Halo. Dec 16, 2014 05:08 PM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: General_101
Quote: --- Original message by: greyhamism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zn_-pHW6eM&list=UUQO4XpB4W5ZIj5xI0XnSgKQ

Was it anything like that?

*EDIT*
It gets really bad at the end
Edited by greyhamism on Dec 16, 2014 at 02:48 AM

Somewhat the same but not as bad as that.

I haven't replayed the level in a while, so im unsure if my problem still exists, but;
Apparently B30 (AotCR) is prone to rainbows in the glass, and nulling the cube-map should fix it.

Source:

http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/3658-glitchbitmap-or-uv-corruption/#entry50961

Halo CE General Discussion » Issues with Halo. Dec 16, 2014 07:53 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
get better hardware

ur rite m9, mi peasant oc'd 3570K und 7970 arent worthy uv duh ub3rl33t Halo

Halo CE General Discussion » Issues with Halo. Dec 16, 2014 02:46 AM (Total replies: 23)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zn_-pHW6eM&list=UUQO4XpB4W5ZIj5xI0XnSgKQ

Was it anything like that?

*EDIT*
It gets really bad at the end
Edited by greyhamism on Dec 16, 2014 at 02:48 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Issues with Halo. Dec 15, 2014 10:02 PM (Total replies: 23)

Halo Animations are locked @ 30fps, as its hardcoded into the engine. The flickering is there because at 60 FPS your seeing each frame of the animation twice (2 x 30 = 60). If you played at 120 fps and had a monitor capable of doing that, you'd see each frame three times. You can play at a capped 30 fps, which is what the game was designed for, but most people these days prefer 60, and put up with the double framed animations

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 2:51 AM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website