A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: beaucephal
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 21, 2016 08:21 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
CMT SPv3 audio dude

Post Statistics
beaucephal has contributed to 233 posts out of 468028 total posts (.05%) in 1,536 days (.15 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Release - Firefight Sector 09! Aug 21, 2016 08:21 PM (Total replies: 47)

Awesome to see this finally get released! So hyped for it <3

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 16, 2016 07:49 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: LegitGameReviews
words

Cry harder.

Lol dude why the heck didn't you ask me? I have H1 installed on my main PC right now. SMH RN fam
Edited by beaucephal on Apr 11, 2016 at 08:18 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 10, 2016 07:58 PM (Total replies: 402)

Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Yeah, I think completely changing the experience isn't "adding to it". Are you gonna completely re-do your BSPs so that sprint doesn't make you plow through them?

This whole idea that sprinting somehow fundamentally alters gameplay to the point where maps have to be remade to accommodate is a bit of a fallacy. I'm not sure where this has come from, but SPv3 has plenty of sprinting and it works just fine in the vanilla levels.

Damn man, do you have to stick a futurepop reference in every single VKMT project? Any chance of dropping a The .invalid reference in? I hear their singer is a pretty cool guy.

J/k this looks awesome man :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 29, 2016 09:49 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Mari seems to be the only exception to this. Which is why it is my favourite realtime texture app. Its quick and easy but your takeaway feels a lot more unique.

Mari costs over $2,000. Also, there's no real qualitative reason why you couldn't achieve similar results with Substance or Quixel, as you're essentially authoring everything yourself. I Mean yeah, if you just use Substance's preset shaders of course it's going to look generic, but that's not really the fault of the app.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 29, 2016 07:51 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck
I like it quite a bit. I've got more experience in Substance Designer but Painter is great too. My first jaunt I modeled, uv'd, and textured this rock all in the course of about 4 hours: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v9Xo6
https://cdn1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/713/017/large/sam-nowicki-rockarch1.jpg?1451498766

It's really fast! I need to learn how to use it better though honestly, but that gives you a sense of the kind of results you can get with it really quick!

Awesome, that looks fantastic. I really need to get back into the loop of doing 3D work, and I've never particularly enjoyed Photoshop for texture stuff - saw it a few months ago and it looked like exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks! :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 29, 2016 04:20 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: samnwck
4096^2, just because it's just as easy to work at that resolution as anything else in Substance.

Yo, how's Substance working out for you? Was thinking of going for their SubstanceLive subscription, but I'm curious to hear what Substance Painter is like to work in.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition Start Up Error. Mar 28, 2016 05:44 PM (Total replies: 4)

Right-click on the icon, and click 'run as administrator'. Sorted.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Blender .gbxmodel importer. Mar 28, 2016 09:26 AM (Total replies: 54)

In regards to Aether, I've not tried it, mainly because of the requirement for 3DS Max, but if I'm not mistaken, the only thing that's stopping it being totally compatible with other modellers is that it uses MaxScript to automate material and mesh importing.

AFAIK FireScythe never released the source code for Aether, so I'm not sure how feasible it would be to do some kind of similar automation procedure that would be Blender-friendly, but dang, being able to use Blender for everything Halo CE-related would be super cool.

Eitherway, this is super-awesome impressive stuff. Really excited to try this out when it finally comes around!

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 3, 2016 09:39 AM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGASEAN2812
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
Reminded me of late 80s early 90s Dutch/Scottish techno, which in turn reminded me of The Time Frequency.

I went off more VNV nation, but it can compare to anything really, just messing around right now.

If you want that legit early VNV Nation vibe a-la Empires, try and get a copy of Cakewalk Z3ta+. The first preset 'First Contact' is basically a direct rip of the intro to Standing, and it's awesome.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Feb 2, 2016 03:40 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: rcghalohell
sup fellas how goes the progress?

Sorry for the quietness. Stuff is still happening. Bug-squashing and asset polishing just doesn't make for terribly sexy updates. Apart from one or two little features still being toyed with as cool bonuses, the mod is basically feature-complete.

That doesn't mean we're done though, the next few months will be dedicated to getting as much of this kitchen sink as polished and presentable as possible. Stay with us, we'll have more to say soon...

Probably.

Halo CE General Discussion » Open Sauce Won't Install On Windows 10 Jan 8, 2016 12:54 PM (Total replies: 35)

It's a bit redundant making posts like that after the problem was solved tbh.

Halo CE General Discussion » Open Sauce Won't Install On Windows 10 Jan 7, 2016 05:18 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
I would need it to use the SPV3 maps for testing the hud at 2650 x 1600 on my mac.
Edited by Jesse on Jan 6, 2016 at 06:48 PM

I know this isn't really a solution to the problem, but I can confirm the HUD scales fine at 2560x1600. Eitherway it looks like Kornman is still actively handling bugs with the engine and installer, so it might be wise to give him a shout about it, as he'll probably have more insight than most folks here on the forum.

Halo CE General Discussion » A question about the 2012 build of SPV3 a50 Jan 5, 2016 06:31 AM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
are the spirit tags still around and available?

Unfortunately not. I've currently got access to over 40gb of CMT tags and other development resources, but we don't have the old Spirit model. You might have some luck decompiling the non-Opensauce version of SPV3 a50 with HEK+, but I have no clue whether that would work or not.

No problem, glad I could help! My girlfriend's gaming laptop is an Nvidia Optimus setup and the amount of headaches we've had trying to get certain things to run properly makes me wonder why they bother including it.

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Ocean Resort Firefight Jan 2, 2016 12:46 AM (Total replies: 81)

Yeeeeah, this looks total badass.

Go to the Nvidia control panel and check the game's settings in there. It may well be because HCE is such an old game that Nvidia Optimus is making it default to your integrated graphics chip and not your GeForce card, and as we all know, integrated graphics chips are almost guaranteed to be complete junk.

Halo CE General Discussion » The Trinity Map Pack UPDATE Dec 31, 2015 05:06 PM (Total replies: 424)

Holy necrobump batman. But wow, that map looks incredible. Do want.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Dec 29, 2015 04:02 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Skidrow925
5 tags. Two with the map editor. 17 if you only have shader_transparent_chicago.

You finally answered Scooter's ultimate question. HP Baxxter is pleased.

Time: Thu November 15, 2018 2:19 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website