A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: KVOND
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 8, 2017 03:01 AM
Interests: Jokes about Johnlex, our lord and saviour, but most of all, CUSTOM MAPS.
Your Age: 21
What Games do you play: Any kind of game that my crappy PC can barely run.
A.K.A -The Rock Candy-

Post Statistics
KVOND has contributed to 50 posts out of 464307 total posts (.01%) in 1,126 days (.04 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » The Essential Mapping Pack [By Halonimator] Oct 8, 2017 03:01 AM (Total replies: 11)

cool, more h4-h5 maps incoming.

Halo CE General Discussion » OpenSauce v4 & HAC2 compatibility fixes Sep 25, 2017 08:27 PM (Total replies: 1)

Thanks but it will still crash on some PCs

Halo CE General Discussion » Chimera Beta Access Sep 17, 2017 03:01 PM (Total replies: 5)

oh god, why

Halo CE General Discussion » Playing with an Xbox One Controller. Sep 15, 2017 06:02 PM (Total replies: 6)

Install Chimera as Jobalisk said, it fixes deadzones and aim assist, however in regular servers you're locked to walk at 8 directions only and you walk at full speed all the time, this is uncomfortable, however special chimera servers are on the works, so you can move correctly on multiplayer (360 degree movement and different walking speeds).

You can't completely 100% navigate trough the menus and you definitely can't pause the game with a controller alone, you'll need to use a 3rd party app, like XPADDER to solve some functions.

Edited by KVOND on Sep 16, 2017 at 02:33 AM

Don't like interp? don't use it, is that simple.

input at 30 fps with a controller is playable, but mouse input at 30 fps feels nasty, unresponsive and jittery.
Edited by KVOND on Aug 31, 2017 at 06:22 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » SAPP Bug? Cannot set afk via script. Aug 17, 2017 01:17 PM (Total replies: 2)

client commands can only be executed by clients, not scripts.

IIRC that's why the stable_lead.lua stopped working.

it set /clead to a set ammount. now it doesnt work in latest SAPP.

You can use an older version like 9.8.1 to by pass this I think.

Now that's some serious improvement!
Edited by KVOND on Aug 17, 2017 at 01:13 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » How to increase server list to Halo for PC? Jun 24, 2017 09:08 PM (Total replies: 8)

That's an issue you have to check with your ISP, here in México we have a very specific ISP with some settings that only shows like just 5 pages of Halo CE/PC servers. It's confirmed, no matter in what part of my country people are, Halo has the same problem in the server list with that ISP.

With any other ISP in halo the total amount of server list pages are usually 20-30 pages showing like 700 - 800 Halo CE servers.

It's not a halo problem but something that has something to do with ISP related stuff.
Edited by KVOND on Jun 24, 2017 at 09:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Reuploading Revolution Cave Maps by NeX Jun 12, 2017 11:57 AM (Total replies: 3)

well, I swear we didn't find any link in the original post anywhere, so we thought links were dead AF,
Thanks for the link tho.

Thank you Kal!
Edited by KVOND on Jun 24, 2017 at 09:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Reuploading Revolution Cave Maps by NeX Jun 10, 2017 06:54 PM (Total replies: 3)

HAC2 used to host these for automatic download, but not anymore, and since there are servers still hosting them but no other source to download them, Yaudi from Shadowmods re uploaded all of them for public availability.

Here's the link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0KnXC4i1dZ7V2Z3WXVlRUVJbXc

Edited by KVOND on Jun 10, 2017 at 06:56 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » a 2v2 montage.. no editor.. Jun 10, 2017 06:50 PM (Total replies: 4)

lol no, just... no.

Halo CE General Discussion » Xbox Controller - To use or not to use? Jul 18, 2016 01:14 AM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: MonkeyBuggy
Hello, I have a question. I have been using an Xbox 360 controller for the PC for some time now, on games other than Halo 1. My controller is cheap for sure, and the controller doesn't work well on Halo 1. The response time is decreased, so decreased that it is very noticeable. I don't know if it's the controller or Halo doing that. Does Halo 1 have as good response time with a controller, as it does with KBM? Or is it just Halo 1 isn't meant for a controller? I am thinking about getting a very high-quality native Xbox One controller, and getting the Microsoft wireless adapter with it too. Will this result in better response time? Or will KBM always have a shorter response time?

Thanks!

A 360 controller isn't that cheap unless you compare it with a 3rd party one, like the PDP manufactured controllers (they are good but wear out pretty quickly)

If you are experiencing issues with your controller like input lag, make sure you're using "DisableBuffering" in your config.txt in your installation folder. Input lag is more noticeable if you are using a controller, by using this, you remove that lag and the controller responds faster with no delay.

you can fix (sort of) the lack of full controller support with Xpadder, to fix deadzones (only applies to the left thumbstick, right thumbstick (aiming) has no fix, unless you sacrifice aim assist, which is a nonsense.) you'll need to delete your in game gamepad movement (move forward, back, left, right), leave them blank, and then use xpadder to map WASD to the left analog stick and set a deadzone you'd like, (you'll sacrifice walking speeds but it is going to feel a lot more natural), map the ESC key to the start button, that way you can pause the game with the controller,

if you're gonna buy an xbone controller, the thumbsticks are very loose, it feels weird if you're used to the 360's.
Also, why wireless? xbox one controller can run in pc without a receiver, just plug it by micro usb and you're good to go, no more buying batteries. (unless you really like wireless + discharges and battery weight).

mind my grammar, but I hope you understand :P
Edited by KVOND on Jul 18, 2016 at 01:18 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Help, can't see more than 100 servers Jul 14, 2016 05:17 PM (Total replies: 3)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tech
Get HAC2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rRaVEDX_ac

He has it installed.

Everything ia updated, he has both halo 1.0.10 and hac2

Halo CE General Discussion » Help, can't see more than 100 servers Jul 14, 2016 05:25 AM (Total replies: 3)

So I have this friend who wants some help, he has a cable modem, from a local cable ISP here in Mexico, he was able to play fine, and to join and see all the servers available in top hours, until one day he was only capable of visualize just like 4 pages of the server list, like 100 servers of the 500 daily server in the server list

He has all of its modem ports opened for halo, windows firewall allows halo, av allows halo, reinstalled halo, cleared all filters, even reinstalled windows, and he can't see all servers yet.

I tried to help him but I can't track the problem,

Any ideas? :(

Mind my grammar :(

Quote: --- Original message by: stunt_man
Quote: --- Original message by: KVOND
Quote: --- Original message by: SikSemper

I came here to fix my controller issue but instead got sidetracked on the subject of conspiracy. This guy is hilarious. I can see him hiding in his basement with a tin foil hat trying to prove that contrails from airplanes are actually chemical trails while writing about how dinosaurs helped build the pyramids. Tell me.. Do you really think a reputable company like Microsoft would risk years and years of developing and establishing it's name and product by spying on people? No. It's too much of a risk because if anything were to ever be discovered that would lead to the incrimination of your rights, that would be all she wrote. Anyways thanks for the laugh Doom and here http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-microsoft-is-not-spying-on-you-with-windows-10/ read that. Let me ask, are you so sure windows 7 isn't a virus or spyware? I mean with your type of evidence any operating system with internet capability could be "stealing" or "selling" your info. I better delete all the private info off of my windows 95 laptop while I'm thinking about it. I wouldn't want Microsoft to see my minesweeper scores.
Edited by SikSemper on Apr 4, 2016 at 07:42 PM

Ok ok ok, But... Did you fix your controller?

^^ this.

Also I wonder if this has been patched in a hotfix or something? Too lazy to undo my fix and try it...

Today Tuesday April 12th 2016 Microsoft released another cumulative updates to Windows 10 and I decided to undo the fixes of this thread to see if the problem persists and It seems the problem is fixed by now, normal Xbox controller driver works as it used to. No more need of the Microsoft xbox one controller driver that makes the controller rumble everytime you plug it in.
please mind my grammar XD

Quote: --- Original message by: SikSemper

I came here to fix my controller issue but instead got sidetracked on the subject of conspiracy. This guy is hilarious. I can see him hiding in his basement with a tin foil hat trying to prove that contrails from airplanes are actually chemical trails while writing about how dinosaurs helped build the pyramids. Tell me.. Do you really think a reputable company like Microsoft would risk years and years of developing and establishing it's name and product by spying on people? No. It's too much of a risk because if anything were to ever be discovered that would lead to the incrimination of your rights, that would be all she wrote. Anyways thanks for the laugh Doom and here http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-microsoft-is-not-spying-on-you-with-windows-10/ read that. Let me ask, are you so sure windows 7 isn't a virus or spyware? I mean with your type of evidence any operating system with internet capability could be "stealing" or "selling" your info. I better delete all the private info off of my windows 95 laptop while I'm thinking about it. I wouldn't want Microsoft to see my minesweeper scores.
Edited by SikSemper on Apr 4, 2016 at 07:42 PM

Ok ok ok, But... Did you fix your controller?

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
The only thing I can remember about using Win10 is the horrible file explorer crashes. God those were annoying.
Disk usage would spike to 99% for no reason too. No idea what that was happening. Lagged the entire comp for ~10 minutes.
Said screw it and copped 7.

Was never bothered by the info taking because it's a Microsoft product.
What're you gonna do

Just turn off scheduled disk defragmentation, set no pagefile and voila, its fixed.

Halo CE General Discussion » Good Maps Ya ****s need more maps (xbox ports) Jan 22, 2016 12:21 AM (Total replies: 73)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Quote: --- Original message by: _Reus
The best server for competitive gameplay (2v2 FFA, Team Slayer and CTF) needs more maps and more space for more players 3v3
Chillout, carousel, damnation and Hang em high is really cool for gameplay in this stlyle. But the server need more maps and ports
Nice server, the best :)
Bloodgulch CTF (xbox)
Boarding action CTF (xbox)
Wizard FFA (Xbox)
Decidia Team Slayer (Halo 1.5)
Beavercreek CTF (Xbox)
Ratrace FFA (Xbox)
Prisoner FFA (Xbox)

:D!

One tip convert the Weapons values from radians to degrees:

1 radián = 57.3

Assambly to Gorilla conversion

Example (fatal error if you dont convert the values "cough...some h2-h3 ports")
Auto aim angle 0.05235988 -to gorrilla- = 0.05235988*57.3 = 30degrees...

Edited by Halonimator on Jan 21, 2016 at 11:55 PM

Or you arent porting the maps?
Edited by Halonimator on Jan 21, 2016 at 11:57 PM

dafuq are you talking about Halonimator?

Halo CE General Discussion » Good Maps Ya ****s need more maps (xbox ports) Jan 22, 2016 12:07 AM (Total replies: 73)

Probably on the weekend moar maps will be released, cant confirm though, you can follow the progress of the project in this thread: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/

Se que quizás no estés enterado pero probablmente en el fin de semana más mapas serán liberados, pero no lo puedo confirmar, puedes seguir el progreso del proyecto en este link: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/
Edited by KVOND on Jan 22, 2016 at 12:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Reus Official Thread 2016 / WIP's & releases! Jan 18, 2016 03:41 AM (Total replies: 156)

xbox audio codec? dude I can still hear the weapon sounds far from the other side of the map. it's confusing to hear all sounds at max volume because there's no indication from where the weapon sounds are being shot.

Time: Thu October 19, 2017 4:01 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website