A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Stainless
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 29, 2018 10:14 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Make the cop chase you. He will follow.

Post Statistics
Stainless has contributed to 51 posts out of 467807 total posts (.01%) in 1,549 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 30, 2016 02:16 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Good page of Good WIPS.

I just want likeminded individuals who mod in one chat, doesn't have to be big, doesn't have to be everyone. I was looking for something where people chime in and out, post photos of wips in real time, etc.

My chat client of choice is Telegram because it's the more secure of the later and it's got both web, client and mobile platforms, but I have most of the other one's installed, I can't imagine people still use xfire (if it even still exists) skype or steam this way.

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Stainless

http://haloce3.com/livestream/ CE3 Chatroom
Edited by MatthewDratt on Apr 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM

I meant something more general, I don't like ce3.

This is why I quit

Quote: --- Original message by: StormUndBlackbird
Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Heresy

Just one guy's opinion, not a big deal gosh.

http://haloce3.com/livestream/ CE3 Chatroom
Edited by MatthewDratt on Apr 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM

I meant something more general, I don't like ce3.

Quote: --- Original message by: Tucker933

Open Carnage has an active Discord server referenced on the bottom-right of the index, but the invitation isn't posted publicly since bots would pick it up. The join link is displayed on the web-viewer for any registered users.
Edited by Tucker933 on Apr 20, 2016 at 09:31 PM

Yeah, but that's more for the players than the modding community.

Are there any text chat rooms for the Halo CE Modding community for general discussions or sharing? If not would anyone be interested in one? I could create one if there's not already one, but if there is I'd be interested in joining.

I'll have ripped Halo Wars models soon.

Halo CE General Discussion » Spanish maps? Sep 10, 2015 08:25 PM (Total replies: 7)

They both are locked for me. It's asking me for an encryption key.

Halo CE General Discussion » Spanish maps? Sep 10, 2015 05:42 PM (Total replies: 7)

That I know of, the multiplayer maps are the only ones available. If you know they are could you give me a link please?

Halo CE General Discussion » Spanish maps? Sep 10, 2015 02:29 PM (Total replies: 7)

Does anyone have a download link to the spanish halo single player maps that they'd be willing to share? (xbox, pc, or ce is fine.) Please no comments on "latino mappers" or that sort, it's not funny.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 27, 2015 10:57 PM (Total replies: 11475)

I wasn't suggesting moving engines, there's so little activity in Halo ce now I don't think it's community would survive a move if it tried.

Halo CE General Discussion » Detail map Blending/Shader Math? Aug 27, 2015 02:26 PM (Total replies: 5)

Okay, I'll play with it.

Would you also know how lower bound colors and upper bound colors work? Eg. Why is it not a single color, does it just randomly select between the 2 colors?

Halo CE General Discussion » Detail map Blending/Shader Math? Aug 27, 2015 01:59 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Mootjuh
Multiply^2 and add^2 I believe.

Thank you so much!

Edited by Stainless on Aug 27, 2015 at 02:26 PM
Edited by Stainless on Aug 27, 2015 at 02:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 27, 2015 01:55 AM (Total replies: 11475)

I've been playing with halo content in unity, Works surprisingly well. I just need to write new shaders for shader_environment and shader_transparent_generic to get detail and reflective functionality in the cliffs and the particle and animation in the grav lift and add the rest of the scenery to make it perfect.

Halo CE General Discussion » Detail map Blending/Shader Math? Aug 27, 2015 12:34 AM (Total replies: 5)

Does anyone know what the blend mode math is for double/biased multiply or double/biased add is?
This is the type of blending used to apply detail maps to base maps, is there another name for it? what kind of blend is it?? Thanks

Halo CE General Discussion » Quick Poll. Jul 10, 2015 04:34 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hey guys, I'm writing native JMS, JMA, Gbxmodel importers for 3ds max and possibly some other programs, so I wanted to see which versions I should make it for. If you have a moment could you fill this out:
Google Docs Survey
Thanks <3
Edited by Stainless on Jul 10, 2015 at 04:34 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: rododoonceagain
I'm really just trying to find out what exactly tool looks for when compiling a collision jms

1) Faces must not overlap
2) Vertices must not overlap
3) Every face must have a material set to it
4) Geometry must be closed
5) No skin modifier must be used
And that's pretty much it, as far as my knowledge goes. However sometimes tool still doesn't like it for whatever reasons. Why does it, I can't say.

Alright Thanks again, This does help me a bit. I guess things like pathfinding spheres are just generated when the jms is compiled in tool then?

Quote: --- Original message by: rododoonceagain
Hello! Are there any formal tutorials on exporting collision-geometry for Halo CE? Can you model things like pathfinding-spheres, surfaces, and collision materials?

I also have the same question for physics geometry.

I'll tell you how a noob would do it

1) Open 3ds Max
2) Run the GBX model importer and import the bones and the geometry of the thing you want to make the collision model for
3) If you don't know how to make multimaterials like me rename the materials you got with the model to something more appropriate, like "skin", "metal" and so on.
4) Start drawing! Create a box, convert it to poly and assign the multimaterial to it. Once it has its material, start editing it. Add vertices using the "add vertex" function in the "edge" section of the editable poly menu; then create new edges, then move around the edges you got, then start again. You should envelope as good as you can the original shape of the model; too many details aren't good because they take up memory space; too low aren't good as well because they won't stay faithful to the visible geometry; most of the times you can go around with 200\300 vertices (or much less for stuff like covenant crates and similar)
5) Link what you just drew to a bone. REMEMBER: with collision models YOU CAN'T use the skin modifier; for moving parts, you MUST link them to a bone. There's not other way. Why? Because Tool likes it this way, that's why.
6) Repeat step 5 for every bone\frame in the body: draw, link and edit
7) Right click and then convert every poly to editable mesh
8) Assign materials: go through each mesh and select the faces you want to have of a material (with the "face" selection in the editable mesh menu), then assign that material to it. Do it for every material in the scene and assign a material to EACH and EVERY face.
9) Use the JMS exporter to export it to c:\yourhalofolder\data\yourstuff\physics, then run tool and type collision-geometry yourstuff (WITHOUT physics)

Things you should pay attention to:
1) Every face MUST have a material assigned to it
2) If the gbxmodel of the thing to which you want to assign this collision has regions, the collision MUST have these regions as well (there is no need for permutations, though)
To assign regions, do this
http://www.modacity.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=122&d=1255646275
to see what regions, if any, your model has, look at the gbxmodel tag in guerrilla
3) Closed world rules: everything you draw MUST be closed, which means that it must have an "inside" and an "outside".
4) Geometry MUST NOT overlap. Vertices should all be separated, faces and edges should not overlap nor meet each other. Should this happen, the collision model will still compile, but you will end up having weird errors in game.
5) DO NOT export an editable poly. If you do, all sort of strange errors will pop up and your collision won't compile

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I know most if not all of that already. I'm really just trying to find out what exactly tool looks for when compiling a collision jms. I'm trying to write a function for a program that decompiles a collision-geometry tag so that you have the original collision jms for a stock tag.

Hello! Are there any formal tutorials on exporting collision-geometry for Halo CE? Can you model things like pathfinding-spheres, surfaces, and collision materials?

I also have the same question for physics geometry.

Halo CE General Discussion » Not even Halo is safe... Apr 4, 2015 02:52 PM (Total replies: 81)

I don't understand the obsession with putting ponies everywhere. They don't fit in Halo at all, I wouldn't put a furry in Halo because it would look silly and out of place, there's also no good reason to. I can just enjoy my unusual affliction outside of Halo In a more fitting form. To be honest I don't understand how you can make so much nonsense over a television show. If you like it, good for you but keep it to yourselves. That's just my input...

Halo CE General Discussion » What would you do if halo was ported to UE4 Mar 17, 2015 08:08 PM (Total replies: 45)

Include a box of tampons with the release pls

Halo CE General Discussion » Am i seeing right @_@ Nov 21, 2014 01:34 PM (Total replies: 15)

There's still clans in CE? and more than one? lol

Time: Mon December 17, 2018 1:14 PM 500 ms.
A Halo Maps Website