A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Kamirov
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 25, 2017 03:20 PM
Interests:
Your Age: 31
What Games do you play:
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
Kamirov has contributed to 17 posts out of 464825 total posts (0.00%) in 1,178 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Sound Issue Mar 25, 2017 03:20 PM (Total replies: 12)

I got the sound tags I needed. Sparky helped me out last night. So I'm all set to go and can finish this map.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Sound Issue Mar 19, 2017 06:26 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice

Oh ... right.

Do you have the sounds and vorbisfile fix?
Edited by OrangeJuice on Mar 18, 2017 at 09:56 PM

Yep sure do.

And yes I can I share the files and see if someone here can get them converted to the tag file.

https://www.mediafire.com/?d3iwdagduph20ds
Edited by Kamirov on Mar 19, 2017 at 06:32 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Sound Issue Mar 18, 2017 02:41 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lOGvN85yuxk

I've done all of that, I've watched multiple video tutorials and have done EVERYTHING correctly and still, I get this error message. This was no help, no offense and I do appreciate the help.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Sound Issue Mar 15, 2017 05:08 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Delete the sound tag and then recompile.

(And use the 22050 mono you tried before)

I did that, didn't work

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Custom Sound Issue Mar 15, 2017 02:41 PM (Total replies: 12)

So, I'm trying to create some custom weapon sounds from Battlefield 3 and 4, and I have all my folders set/named correctly and and when I type in the command to create the file (example: tool sounds sound\bf3_4_weapons\m16a3 ogg 1) I get the error message "Importing sound\bf3_4_weapons\m16a3
fixed corrupt tag enum field (sample rate*).
the sound tag 'sound\bf3_4_weapons\m16a3' may be corrupt."

The sound file is converted to 16bit PCM signed 22050 stereo. I've tried 16bit PCM signed 41000 stereo and even tried mono and I get the error message every time.

I've spent at least 2 hours trying different things and have had no luck at all.

I've watched tutorials and I'm doing everything right.

Any ideas? I could zip up the sounds I want to use and maybe someone try to create them for me?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Oct 16, 2014 01:47 AM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: Storm
If it's for a day-night map, the script can be activated using UI widgets or activating a holopanel somewhere in the map. I'm unsure of the UI widget script, but the holopanel would be this

(if ((device_get_power = 1) true)
(switch_bsp 1))
((device_get_power = 0)
switch_bsp 1))

Or something similar to that.

Thank you, I will give that a try, and see what happens.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Oct 15, 2014 05:08 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Kamirov

I'll check them out, hopefully I can successfully do something new and different from what I usually do. Getting tired of building boring maps, so I want to create something new and a bit more challenging. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoda73811

NCC-1701.

Majority of those are weapon tuts. :\
Edited by Kamirov on Oct 14, 2014 at 09:52 PM

Majority of those are still something new and exciting.

Yes I understand, but I am not trying to build weapons at this time, I wish to build a new level and something good....really good.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Oct 14, 2014 09:49 PM (Total replies: 19)

I'll check them out, hopefully I can successfully do something new and different from what I usually do. Getting tired of building boring maps, so I want to create something new and a bit more challenging. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoda73811

NCC-1701.

Majority of those are weapon tuts. :\
Edited by Kamirov on Oct 14, 2014 at 09:52 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Oct 9, 2014 06:04 PM (Total replies: 19)

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Oct 6, 2014 02:00 PM (Total replies: 19)

Makes sense, now this can be done for the 2 BSPs, just need to set up the sky the way you explained?

And how do I create a portal?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » How big is a world unit. Sep 26, 2014 07:49 PM (Total replies: 11)

Well this is very good to know, wondered the same myself, but never really asked about it.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Sep 24, 2014 05:12 PM (Total replies: 19)

Well, it worked, I have 2 bsp structures, but issues with lighting on one side, it's pitch black and suppose to be bright as day. Yes I ran radiosity, but the other side is suppose to be the side that is dark, but not pitch black....

Any ideas?

The transition from one bsp to another is perfect though, just using a teleporter.
Edited by Kamirov on Sep 24, 2014 at 07:16 PM
Edited by Kamirov on Sep 24, 2014 at 07:17 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Sep 23, 2014 05:13 PM (Total replies: 19)

So I've created 2 BSP Structures, one is desert, clear sunny day, the other is suppose to be snow, ice, foggy and windy and dark, but I can't figure out how to put them together into the levels scenario....

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Sep 22, 2014 09:39 PM (Total replies: 19)

Like Extinction or Coldsnap for example?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Sep 22, 2014 06:28 PM (Total replies: 19)

Quote: --- Original message by: il Duce Primo
Yes, this is how day night scripts work. It is essentially switching between two bsps. I have always been interested with this concept and imagined doing a map where you can teleport to inside/outside chambers with all different environment types.

Exactly how it works I forget. Assuming I remember just export 2 different named bsp models and in the map file you can attach both structure bsps in guerilla. The practical matter of switching bsps will have to be done with scripts and things I'm not very familiar with.

So what you're saying is, when I export the models from 3ds, export them as 2 differently names models, then create the BSP Structures for each model then merge them into the scenario?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Some Questions Sep 22, 2014 06:25 PM (Total replies: 20)

Interesting, I'm working on a multiplayer map where I want 2 BSP Structures in a single scenario, one side is desert like, and the other I want it to be snowing, dark and light fog. I have a tunnel that connects between the 2, but I'm not sure how to create 2 separate BSP Structures.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Multiple BSPs In one Scenario Sep 22, 2014 06:16 PM (Total replies: 19)

Is it possible to create 2 separate BSP structures in one map? Kind of like a single player map, but instead for a multiplayer map.

If so, could anyone give detailed instructions on how to do so?

Thanks in advanced!

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 1:10 PM 390 ms.
A Halo Maps Website