A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: DivineMedia
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 5, 2015 01:28 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
DivineMedia has contributed to 19 posts out of 462254 total posts (0.00%) in 934 days (.02 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » colour changing issues with 3ds max Mar 5, 2015 01:28 AM (Total replies: 7)

I'm going through the material editor

Halo CE General Discussion » colour changing issues with 3ds max Mar 4, 2015 09:59 AM (Total replies: 7)

I am using Max 2013 though I've had this issue with the 2014 and 2012 versions

Halo CE General Discussion » colour changing issues with 3ds max Mar 1, 2015 03:01 AM (Total replies: 7)

I've been having an issue where when I change the colours on a spartan model max just freezes up for 10 mins. I was wondering what could be causing this and what would be a good solution to the problem.

System specs:
Intel I5 4670k (@3.6Ghz)
12gb RAM (@1600mhz)
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Nvidia GTX 660
Samsung 840 EVO 120gb SSD (With max installed here)
Western Digital Green 2TB hard drive (For all my files)

If you need more information just let me know

,DM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Feb 15, 2015 02:55 PM (Total replies: 936)

Hey I'm where the location for Halo reach's enemy's are. I've looked around but can't seem to find them. Thx for any help!

Halo CE General Discussion » Cheap Mocap Jan 5, 2015 07:46 PM (Total replies: 12)

I've been looking around online and can't find a 3ds max compatible motion capture software I was wondering if anyone from this great forum had any solutions

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with Halo 4 bump mapping Dec 28, 2014 11:29 PM (Total replies: 13)

Okay this hilarious I've tried doing that on multiple occasions and it never worked, I try it now and it works perfectly! what's with that

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with Halo 4 bump mapping Dec 28, 2014 08:33 PM (Total replies: 13)

Yes I do

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with Halo 4 bump mapping Dec 28, 2014 06:48 PM (Total replies: 13)

I was needing it for 3ds Max, would Opensauce help with that? As I'm just trying to do animation at this point and not much to do with halo custom at this point in time

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with Halo 4 bump mapping Dec 28, 2014 05:55 PM (Total replies: 13)

So, what's OS? cause I have no Idea what it is. XD

Halo CE General Discussion » Help with Halo 4 bump mapping Dec 28, 2014 05:19 PM (Total replies: 13)

So I've searched online for a couple hours now and haven't been able to find anything that could help me with bump mapping. Right now I have a halo 4 spartan colour corrected but it has no bumps or anything.

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Dec 14, 2014 05:19 PM (Total replies: 936)

Quote: --- Original message by: ElijahB1

Quote: --- Original message by: DivineMedia
So I don't know what's happening. In both 4.0 and 3.5.1.1 I've had this issue where the reach weapon models I export have skeleton issues like when I try to move the bolt on the sniper rifle model either a portion the model itself goes with or it just acts as if I'm rotating it. I've tried both AMF and EMF but both have the same problem

Uncheck "SetBoneEnable" when importing.

Okay did that, but I am still having an issue with the model being taken with the skeleton points. http://tinypic.com/m/immfyb/2 (an extreme I know but the mag is a big thing

You'll need to post images or be more descriptive because I am not 100% sure what you are talking about...

If you want a model with out any bones uncheck "Import Nodes"
Edited by ElijahB1 on Dec 14, 2014 at 03:42 PM

Thought I had an image guess it didn't work. http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=nvlS1L5AwLPDZeMgxfSic4h4l5k2TGxc#.VI4L1nuVX4Y
well here's the link as I don't know which link to use lol. What happens is if I try to take the mag out the bone is also stretching the main body of the gun with it hopefully the link works and you can see what I'm talking about

Edit: Also something that I noticed is that the models function properly in autodesk maya but I'm told that 3DS Max is the recommended software as it supports all the meshs. so what do I do?
Edited by DivineMedia on Dec 17, 2014 at 01:33 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Dec 14, 2014 02:26 AM (Total replies: 936)

So I don't know what's happening. In both 4.0 and 3.5.1.1 I've had this issue where the reach weapon models I export have skeleton issues like when I try to move the bolt on the sniper rifle model either a portion the model itself goes with or it just acts as if I'm rotating it. I've tried both AMF and EMF but both have the same problem

Uncheck "SetBoneEnable" when importing.

Okay did that, but I am still having an issue with the model being taken with the skeleton points. (an extreme I know but the mag is a big thing

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Dec 13, 2014 12:33 AM (Total replies: 936)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo reach maps 3d model Oct 29, 2014 07:05 PM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: Twinreaper
I'm guessing your new to the whole 'BSP Extraction" process. In Adjutant, scroll down to the scenario_structure_bsp tag. Click on the bsp you want, and use model viewer to verify. Then just extract it via the option to do so.

The only thing to remember here is, if you want any bsp nodes or markers or automatic material assignment, you will want to export the model as an AMF. YOu can find the proper AMF importer script for MAx somewhere. I'm too lazy to host it for you.

So I have found the location and clicked on it but nothing comes up that allows me to veiw the model all I get is the meta viewer. Also I don't see any file extensions. I'm using Adjutant v4.2.0.0 if that helps at all

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo reach maps 3d model Oct 29, 2014 01:19 AM (Total replies: 7)

Hello forums I have been searching high and low for a way to get the level models from halo reach to use as maps for some animation I want to do. However I can't seem to find the files with my normal asset extractor Adjutant so I was wondering if the fine people of this forum could help me along. Also from what I know I'm probably going to need nearly all the level models for what I want to do but forge world takes priority. thx for your time

Halo CE General Discussion » Change the amour colour Oct 5, 2014 05:18 PM (Total replies: 6)

Okay so I followed you instructions but there is no "none" as there is a texture already there, I click on it and I don't get a new window with a composite option I get another section called "Bitmaptexture"

Halo CE General Discussion » Change the amour colour Oct 3, 2014 11:32 PM (Total replies: 6)

okay I try that method and it seems I don't know how to get to that screen with the composite layer also I've used maya mainly so I don't know much about max I also always have a broken skeleton rig thing that dosen't work at all could you maybe point me in some sort of direction for that as you seem quite knowledgeable on these things. Thx for your time for dealing with a novice like me

Halo CE General Discussion » Change the amour colour Oct 3, 2014 10:08 PM (Total replies: 6)

Hello, I've been extracting models from halo reach and wanted to change the colour as I use adjutant and the diffuse texture is transparent and white and no matter what I do it comes out looking very different from the ingame version. So short of going into photoshop and recolouring it (which is and impossibility for me) I don't know what to do.

General Machinima Discussions » Colour adjustment Oct 3, 2014 06:48 PM (Total replies: 0)

I have no clue if this is in the right place as this is my first post here,but anyway:

I have been trying my hand at animation again, and the issue I've run into is I can't change parts of the halo reach armor colour without changing the whole armour colour, meaning I guess, the constantly white parts change to the colour I'm wanting to use or not enough of the diffuse texture changes. So I can't recreate the texture and colours from the game (btw I use autodesk maya for animation and adjutant for the model extraction, as I'm still pretty new)

Time: Sun April 23, 2017 6:01 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website