A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: EmmanuelCD
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 11, 2017 10:33 PM
Interests: why are there no gif avatars?
Your Age: 17
What Games do you play: your mamas
Esteban se la come
Email: {hidden}

Post Statistics
EmmanuelCD has contributed to 1098 posts out of 464604 total posts (.24%) in 992 days (1.11 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 11, 2017 10:33 PM (Total replies: 11367)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5w_b84Iv7E&t=70s

My bad

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 10, 2017 11:18 PM (Total replies: 11367)

https://youtu.be/g5w_b84Iv7E

Halo Night Horror leaks
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Sep 10, 2017 at 11:21 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 9, 2017 02:56 PM (Total replies: 11367)

BSP does not spawn dynamic shadows, use Aether instead.

To make dynamic shadows in scenery make them vehicles

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 8, 2017 02:39 PM (Total replies: 11367)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
Trying to experiment with dynamic shadows and volumetric lighting dust and stuff, so am making a little mockup area//under highway sinkhole thing

https://i.imgur.com/d9DOIt2.png

Explain yourself, dynamic shadows?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Sapien- Show Encounter AI??? Sep 7, 2017 09:56 AM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halo Noob Modder117
Guys, I've been watching a few videos lately and noticed when people are placing encounters in their maps, the AI seem to appear and walk around.

How come in my Sapien the AI do not show? All I get are the little ugly annoying to click coloured diamond things.

Is there a setting somewhere? It seems that in the videos, nobody presses anything to make encounters show, they just seem to show up when editing encounters. I'd love to know how to do this as it would save me from having to go in and out of Halo testing.

You could use the ~ key to open the console and place your encounter via comand using "ai_place 'Name of the encounter'", and remember to set the ai count in sapien

Halo CE General Discussion » (Release) [CEX] Ice Land Sep 5, 2017 09:41 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
He's pregnant

Did you just assume my gender?

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
So...

Why are you leaving again?

I never left, my computer exploded some time ago, I think your confusing me with my fríend Johnlex

Anyways this site is in decadence, every moved to Discord and its sad

Halo CE General Discussion » (Release) [CEX] Ice Land Sep 4, 2017 03:14 PM (Total replies: 7)

I worked on this map some time ago but I never release due to some serious bugs and unbalance issues (Still not fixed at all)
PD: I forgot, map is not serious, i'm leaving this comunity in some months and I just wanted to reléase this

Suports:

Slayer
KOTH
ODDBALL

And any team variants

Pics

Video

https://youtu.be/YPd9qsoVyjQ

Download:

https://mega.nz/#!v4kXWTyR!1vTmtGCrinr5CQrxyNOUBknVfz0zAYUbft84smF7erg
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Sep 4, 2017 at 03:18 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Aug 28, 2017 08:00 PM (Total replies: 193)

ShadowMods are revamping their H4 tagset with better balance, damage values and shaders, but I have to wait until octuber.
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Aug 28, 2017 at 08:01 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Composer Aug 28, 2017 03:40 PM (Total replies: 17)

Finally I can use a Moses app.

Bu the way Ive try to use MEK and still have some errors

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Aug 28, 2017 03:34 PM (Total replies: 193)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7

I really, really like this map. It's so unique, futuristic and simple at the same time.

My suggestions are about the cubemap you're using on the metal surfaces. I don't know if it's due to your graphic settings, but it looks too pixelated, and since your BSP uses a small set of textures i think you could compile a 32 bit version of that cubemap, or another one with better quality. Some stuff on the sky to make it dynamic like moving clouds or other thingies would be welcome. And lastly, I'd put some lights on the wall that closes the map as well.

(Increase the color of emitted light in your shaders so that they impact your lightmaps, it will help your map a lot).

Which tagset are you going to use, btw? Still CEA?
Edited by SOI_7 on Aug 28, 2017 at 02:22 PM

Ok, thanks for feedback, I Will try to use other cubemaps
About the sky, i'm not sure since it's a unity Skybox, and compiling bitmaps at 32 bit Will increase size alot the filesize.

And the tagset, i'm planing making 2 versions, CEA and 4, but since all the G4 tagsets are f*****up it will be a few months to make the H4 version that was the original concept

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Aug 27, 2017 08:31 PM (Total replies: 193)

Small Update

Added more steps to the trenches

A physical wall now circules the map preventing players going outside

Full view of the map

As always sugestions are accepted
Edited by EmmanuelCD on Aug 27, 2017 at 08:33 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » B40 and other fogs can be fixed... Aug 7, 2017 09:40 PM (Total replies: 2)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Just enable atmospheric dominant on the fog tag.
http://i.imgur.com/7wL2ilC.png

It fixes the problem of not rendering over the skymodel?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 6, 2017 03:25 PM (Total replies: 12102)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337

Are you sure about that? Some of the shaders that use it are used in other BSPs, which do have tool compiled lightmaps. Interesting none the less.

Edited by Masters1337 on Aug 6, 2017 at 12:26 PM

The problem is not the shader, its the bsp itself that has f@#%k up UVM's. (Specially planar uvm maps)

No, im not sure but when Tool displays that error you can bypass it unmarking that option (usually a cliff shader) and continue to run lightmaps. That why I ask if its the original bsp.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 5, 2017 07:47 PM (Total replies: 12102)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Question: DLMs?

Outside of TSC:E and the exterior of Keyes, no. To much work for all our BSPs. Last I counted we have around 60-70 of them.

Dang. It really was one of the cooler parts of Open Sauce.
Any reason for the exterior of Keyes in particular?

It to bad we can't get the normals to show up on BSPs like they did on XBox... even if DLMs are better.

For reasons, and we don't know why, the d20 exterior, and control room exterior can't have their lightmaps re run. Tool spits errors about degenerate triangles... even though it makes no sense as to why that could happen. We presume an older version of tool was used, or that when the BSPs were automated to PC format something broke (although using moses converter didnt fix this issue, so this is less likely).

For the D20 exterior, it has few light sources and doesn't have any actual transition to another BSP, which made doing DLMs for it a quick and dirty task, compared to other areas of the game. Plus the original lighting there really sucked.

If your using the original bsps, the problem is shaders that use the "simple parametrization" feature, if a uvm is stretched tool cant run lightmaps since it uses the uvm allocated in the bsp rather than building new uvms for the lightmap mesh. To solve this is as easy to unmark that specific feature.

Halo CE General Discussion » Austen1000 Campaign Port Download Aug 5, 2017 07:18 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Its suposed to be a perfect port but theres some bugs and glitches with fog, scenery and shaders

That's a problem with the engine changes from hpc to hce

Both of them fixable editing them with the current tools and engine limitations.

B40 fog for example can be fixed matching both sky and fog colors,
Scenerys with shader eniroments can be replaced with shader models.

Only sky model being rendering over fog and not fog over sky is not repairable. This issue is presen6ted in a50.

Halo CE General Discussion » Austen1000 Campaign Port Download Aug 4, 2017 09:40 PM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator

Enviromental effects and water still inferior to their XBOX counterpart but superior to the downgraded anniversary Halo CE (same with MCC).

At least the covenat throws granades unlike the older 2005-2006 ports.

ISnt the Moses's Campaign the same as the vanilla Halo PC?
Edited by Halonimator on Aug 4, 2017 at 05:29 PM

Its suposed to be a perfect port but theres some bugs and glitches with fog, scenery and shaders

Halo CE General Discussion » New Map [WIP] [not named yet] Jul 6, 2017 03:35 PM (Total replies: 193)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Delayed™

Cancelled.

Shut the f93K up

Resurrection Bump

Watch NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asKI0Gm9PDw&feature=youtu.be

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Jul 3, 2017 10:49 PM (Total replies: 64)

These tagset uses dual fp animations? Its balanced for MP maps?

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 3, 2017 10:41 PM (Total replies: 40)

Quote: --- Original message by: Isxz

Nope, I see the broken fog as always.

http://i.imgur.com/TCPqBZv.jpg

Probably its a problem with the engine itself, thanks Gearbox

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 2, 2017 10:54 PM (Total replies: 40)

links are broken, can somebody upload them to mediafire or mega?

Time: Sun September 24, 2017 10:37 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website