A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: daves777
About Contact
Last Post: May 4, 2015 04:41 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
"What the Pajama Pants?"

Post Statistics
daves777 has contributed to 11 posts out of 461584 total posts (0.00%) in 795 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

I was just wondering if there are any other animation stances I can set a player to for use in machinima.

Using the

unit_set_seat (biped-name) (stance)

command in the console works great, but I was wondering if there was any other stances available, such as the alert carry that the marines use to lower their weapons. If so, could anybody tell me the name and how I can set it?

General Machinima Discussions » Help with Custom Animations Mar 29, 2015 01:46 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: daves777
I think you may have forgotten to put a link :)

10/10 Fail - ILM

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4312

As soon as I click export, it says "Exporting textured mesh" for about a second and then crashes. Help?

Edit:
OK I'm having a lot of trouble, I'm hoping somebody can walk me through the steps. Could somebody read through this and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Goal: Extract and convert tags and bsps into nice, editable 3d models with textures that can be used in 3ds max and maya for animating and rendering

Step 1: Using HEK Plus, open the map file
Step 2: Extract Scenario, bitmap, and secnario structure file
Step 3: Convert BSP to obj file
Step 4: Open in 3DS Max

Right now, I'm getting this:

When I import it, it says

Material "______________" not found

for over 26 different material files.

The model has no textures, and I don't know how to import the materials. On a side note, there IS a .mtl file, but it has 0 KB, so I assume it was not extracted correctly. Can somebody explain how I can do this?
Edited by daves777 on Mar 29, 2015 at 02:25 AM

General Machinima Discussions » Help with Custom Animations Mar 27, 2015 11:27 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: --- Original message by: SS Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: daves777
When I extract the scenario structure bsp, and use the bsp tag converter v2.5, it says "Some of the shaders could not be found or were corrupt. Expect missing shaders." Is there any way to fix this so that I can import the model with all of its shaders and textures?

Use this instead.

It's main focus is to create custom lighting for bsp's but it does extract them also.

I think you may have forgotten to put a link :)
Edited by daves777 on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:28 AM

General Machinima Discussions » Help with Custom Animations Mar 27, 2015 03:47 AM (Total replies: 8)

When I extract the scenario structure bsp, and use the bsp tag converter v2.5, it says "Some of the shaders could not be found or were corrupt. Expect missing shaders." Is there any way to fix this so that I can import the model with all of its shaders and textures?

General Machinima Discussions » Help with Custom Animations Mar 25, 2015 08:31 PM (Total replies: 8)

Thanks for the reply, but I have a few questions

If i want to animate a biped and render within Maya, how do I import a model with the color texture of my choice, as well as the visor? Also, how do I import a model of the map file I want to use?

General Machinima Discussions » Help with Custom Animations Mar 25, 2015 10:03 AM (Total replies: 8)

Hey all,
I recently started a new machinima, and would like to add some animations to the machinima not within the game engine. I originally thought I could make custom animations, set them to different keys within the engine, and record the actions in engine, but this turned out badly as HEK was a lot more complex than I thought. I eventually came to the conclusion that it would be easier to take the tags and models I need and animate them in a program I'm more familiar with, such as maya or 3ds max. I tried using HEK+ in the past, but the file always messed up.

So long story short, does anybody know how I can take tags from the game and convert them into nice, user friendly 3d models such as in .obj format(with the textures preferrably), so that I can animate and pre render video files using 3ds max or maya.

Thanks,
David
Edited by daves777 on Mar 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » My account keeps getting deleted Jan 25, 2015 06:22 AM (Total replies: 11)

No... maybe I should do that. Thanks! Will post reason if I find out why.

Halo CE General Discussion » My account keeps getting deleted Jan 25, 2015 06:19 AM (Total replies: 11)

What?! Wait but I'm using Google Chrome... is that why? I didn't know Chrome did that...

Halo CE General Discussion » My account keeps getting deleted Jan 25, 2015 06:12 AM (Total replies: 11)

That cracked me up, but I still have no idea why it got deleted... Oh well, if it happens again you'll see another forum post about it by a guy named Daves777

Halo CE General Discussion » My account keeps getting deleted Jan 25, 2015 06:00 AM (Total replies: 11)

Definitely deleted. I checked the rules before I made my first account, and i have not broken any of them. I didn't even have time to break the rules because my account just kept on getting deleted

Halo CE General Discussion » My account keeps getting deleted Jan 25, 2015 05:27 AM (Total replies: 11)

Hi, I'm daves777, and I have a problem. I've created the account "daves777" about 4 times now, and each time it got deleted a few weeks later. Anybody else having this problem? Or is it like a thing to remove inactive members? Because if it is it not working very well...

Time: Wed March 29, 2017 8:49 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website