A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Self Zero
About Contact
Last Post: May 11, 2016 05:58 PM
Interests: Graphic Design
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
stuff maker

Post Statistics
Self Zero has contributed to 6 posts out of 464162 total posts (0.00%) in 931 days (.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

SOLVED! Issue was the alpha multiplier value in the weapon hud. Thanks for the assistance.

An update: so for the last week I've given myself a sort of crash course on hud editing / creation, and have been studying everything from scaling issues (crosshairs appear 9/4ths bigger than they should) to alpha issues (CE seems to apply a curve of some sort to alpha values, which makes meters not work correctly). I'm extremely confident in the values of the new meter, and everything is as it should be.

I just did an experiment that was sort of what Nathan suggested. I changed the rocket launcher magazine from 2 to 4, and changed the sequence of its weapon meter from 6 (rocket launcher) to 2 (sniper rifle). So, now I have a 4-round launcher with a meter with 4 rounds that we all know depletes correctly! Which means everything should work right? Well, wrong! The rocket launcher definitely fired 4 rockets, but its new sniper meter didn't begin to deplete after the first 2 rounds. I have concluded that the bitmap is not the issue, there must be a value I've missed, or perhaps there is some code in CE that forces it to just do this to all default weapons?

I'm away from the PC right now so I don't have any pictures to demonstrate what the title is referring to so I'll be as in-depth as possible.

I made a duplicate pistol to test out some new magazine + projectile properties, and I increased the magazine from 12 to 18. To match this new size, I created a new weapon meter. However, the meter does not begin to deplete until AFTER I have fired the first 6 shots (begins on the 7th shot, the 1st of the original 12). I've checked and double-checked that the meters values aren't wonky, and there are definitely 18 rounds loaded. What am I missing?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 25, 2015 06:25 PM (Total replies: 392)

I understand that stuff will be shown when there is in fact stuff to be shown, but for the sake of knowing that this isn't dead in the water, is there any update on this?

Despite it being obvious from the title of the Foxtrot beach, can we expect to see a Scarab then?

Always cool to see what comes out of this game, despite its age. Happy to be a part of this community.

Time: Sun August 20, 2017 7:47 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website