A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Josh
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 6, 2015 10:17 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
No comment

Post Statistics
Josh has contributed to 52 posts out of 469343 total posts (.01%) in 1,681 days (.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 6, 2015 10:17 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
So this has been pretty quiet.

It's because of the fact that the Halomaps server was down for a while.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 25, 2015 05:43 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark

Well, I did it. I read through all 274 pages. At least I'm caught up on this topic now.

I just read through page 275.
Edited by S12Spark on May 25, 2015 at 05:40 PM

Congrats. Now prepare for 300 pages in the next ten months.
Edited by Josh on May 25, 2015 at 05:43 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 21, 2015 02:03 AM (Total replies: 388)

Quote: --- Original message by: Altearose
Lobster head

That cam out of nowhere.

Triangle.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 21, 2015 12:03 AM (Total replies: 388)

Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
Quote: --- Original message by: Bungie LLC
Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
who is The Monitor

He goes by many names and he never talks. He is the god of bigass.

i should've guessed i'd get a memeish response. if you could, tell him he plays this game too much. he literally ruins the game by power hoarding

You never know, he could be a robot! :o

The monitor is wierd to say the least. He always seems to hunt me down during survival and camps at my spawn point until I run out of lives. After that, he barely kills anyone else, nor does he camp at someone else's spawn point. I was mildly disturbed and I attempted confront him. After I tried to him by saying his name, I got kicked. I understand that it was a rhetoricle idea to spam his name, but the monitor is sort of a troll. And during capture the flag he abandons his whole team and just tries to show off with kills treats and camping, along with power hoarding. Bigass is quite possibly one of the few maps that I actually like, but I hate it when one person makes the game feel like halo reach, in a bad way. It feels like.halo reach whenever ever I find myself in a game of who finds the power weapon first. And that's not supposed to be In halo ce. Then again, it's just a game. But still, at least have respect.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 15, 2015 01:01 AM (Total replies: 388)

who is The Monitor

He's the admin of the bigass server. He never responds to anyone who sends him a message through the team chat.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 14, 2015 11:32 PM (Total replies: 388)

Quote: --- Original message by: TheSenpaiModder
Quote: --- Original message by: Josh
Am I the only who feels like the MA5K got buffed?

You're not the only one. I feel the DMR was pointless, it's just the ODST and Reach pistol combined that can zoom-in far. I'm just not feeling the punishing RoF changes to it.

The Dmr would be good as a close range weapon with it's high rate of fire, but it gets pit down by weapons such as the assault rifle in suppressive fire and the shotgun for a close range assault. It's strictly a medium range weapon With a high rate of fire, but I'm used to the halo online dmr with it's low rate of fire. And high accuracy. I'm really good with the regular dmr, but I can't seem get the hang of the bigass variant of dmr.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 14, 2015 11:22 PM (Total replies: 388)

Am I the only who feels like the MA5K got buffed?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! May 12, 2015 08:23 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Is Spv3 A10 going to have an improved version of Captain Keyes, or is he going to stay the same as he was in Halo 1?

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 9, 2015 01:36 PM (Total replies: 388)

Okay, I guess my computer is wierd.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 9, 2015 01:29 PM (Total replies: 388)

Alright, I found out the problem I needed the universal ui.

Halo CE General Discussion » Final Bigass Release May 9, 2015 01:17 PM (Total replies: 388)

Whenever I try to extract bigass from the .rar file, it says that the file is corrupted. Whenever I try to open up the server from the IP, it says that there were some issues loading the map. Please help.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 24, 2015 09:21 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Waffles

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
Sprint is, both in SP and MP, dependent on map design and encounter pacing.
It wouldn't work well in maps that weren't designed for it, be it SP or MP.

Example 1: if Halo 1 had sprint, the escape from the silent cartographer could be toned down to a simple combination of sprints out of the structure.
Your kidding right? You can already skip every single enemy on the way out if you so choose, squads are far and in-between and there is an active camo pickup that you can grab on the way up if you didnt get it going down.
Example 2: in certain exterior sections, you could just sprint across the plains, ignoring all enemies, in a mad-dash to advance.
Most outdoor maps have vehicles already, I doubt they would make you run faster than a warthog or ghost.

I believe these two examples illustrate how it can deter from the planned experience, as it opens alot of opportunities to "skip" sections. People would do it, because people are people.

So there you go, the very first Úver good argument against having sprint in single player, when used in maps that weren't designed for it.

People already skip sections of every halo game, ever heard of speed runs? Even outside of speed runs, legendary runs take advantage of skips (abusing geometry or skipping triggers, despawning enemies).

What maps in which games are designed for "sprinting"? You can't use size as a valid argument, and what would encounters matter if you can just stroll through them anyway on lower difficulties? I doubt sprinting will break CE, if somebody wants to experience a game/map they don't blaze through it.
Edited by Waffles on Apr 24, 2015 at 08:15 PM

There were a lot of small maps from multiplayer that allowed sprint, such as zealot from Halo Reach. Map size isn't a factor, but the file size will.be changed if the map contains sprint. Second of all, sprint was never such a game-breaking asset in Halo. Sure, it's pretty essential in multiplayer when you're getting chased, but in the campaign, you'll need to be stealthy or use vehicles to outrun your enemies. Plus, that's why sprint also has a limit and can't be overused. Sprint was never a game-breaking asset.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 23, 2015 10:15 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: ericlol
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
The sprint will have fp animation ? like halo 4?

I'm afraid not, sir.

Is it going to at least a sound indicating that sprint is being used?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 10, 2015 06:02 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Zetren

It is Btcc22 who needs to be informed of such issues as he now operates the master server list since v1.1 0.

K so I've messaged him about it. Says it's true. He's probably working on a fix.
Edited by Zetren on Apr 10, 2015 at 04:32 PM

Yay.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 10, 2015 04:19 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx

Alright, it's 12:30 pm, open up Halo ce, go to the multiplayer section,and find this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Dy3a4X3E7HdzgtU214OHl4Skk/view?usp=sharing

Only two servers showed up. Is anyone else having this problem?
Edited by Josh on Apr 10, 2015 at 03:35 PM

Wait a minute

This isn't about CMT

I understand that, but what just happened could mean that halo ce is shutting down, which is bad for cmt.

It really wouldn't matter.

Eh, you're right. It's probably just a short term glitch.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 10, 2015 04:16 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: WWLinkMasterX

Alright, it's 12:30 pm, open up Halo ce, go to the multiplayer section,and find this.

While this IS off topic, I just checked and I'm getting the same problem. Running version 1.10 with HAC 2 and version 1.09 with OS yields the same result.

Something's going on. If Halo CE gets shut down for good this time I'll be angry.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 10, 2015 04:06 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: The Kingx

Wait a minute

This isn't about CMT

I understand that, but what just happened could mean that halo ce is shutting down, which is bad for cmt.

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Apr 10, 2015 03:35 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Apr 7, 2015 12:17 PM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: SGT Arroyo
Quote: --- Original message by: rododoonceagain

I'm porting a whole load of new stuff from Reach to CE, and I find it very pleasing. As for now I have ported the space banshee (I animated it), the Seraph (animating) and the marines, though none of them with LODs because it would break my skinning (sorry guyz, but I am not willing to remake all the rigging of all the permutations from scratch; especially rigging the jaws was an incredible pain). Now I'm working on particles (I'd like to make a new version of smoke c generic similar to the one of CEA you see with the shade turret; as for now I've just made some sweet animated lighting for plasma weapons and the fuel rod gun) and renewing BSPs with CEA bitmaps. Later I'm gonna make Keyes, crewmen, unarmored marines and (maybe, I'm not sure) Cortana from Halo 4. Then I'm gonna just upload the whole tag pack here, where it will probably be nothing more than food for latinos but whatever. Porting is really funny if you can do it properly and put some effort in it. Moreover, the assets from later Halo games, excpet of course Halo 4, are of incredibily high quality and look very good.
Edited by rododoonceagain on Apr 7, 2015 at 03:19 AM
Edited by rododoonceagain on Apr 7, 2015 at 03:21 AM
I put reach marines in halo CE without rigging.

I might use the tags, but I'm not going to use it for a map.

Halo CE General Discussion » REACH_Tags Apr 7, 2015 02:34 AM (Total replies: 90)

Quote: --- Original message by: killzone64
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
These things die off all the time.

yep. porting stuff (as my team quickly found out) can get boring really fast. but i will admit it is a great way to start learning how to use the hek.

Custom content is a lot more fun.

Time: Sun September 15, 2019 6:51 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website