A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: snark567
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 11:10 AM
Location: Body is on planet earth, mind is... well that's another story
Interests: Blackmailing turtles.
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Fun games
Duck bombs donít intimidate carnivorous deer.

Post Statistics
snark567 has contributed to 222 posts out of 464319 total posts (.05%) in 964 days (.23 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 6, 2017 11:10 AM (Total replies: 12103)

SPV3 Part 2 looks like a downgrade compared to the visuals of the first part. But at least it's coming out so I have nothing to complain about.

Halo CE General Discussion » R.I.P Jesse HUD's Aug 6, 2017 11:02 AM (Total replies: 9)

Paint is almost useless.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 31, 2017 06:19 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It's already been done. It's called MCC.

Honestly this community expects to much from people. They won't put the time in to be able to play the game at 60FPS, but they expect others too for them.

I'm cheap

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 31, 2017 03:00 PM (Total replies: 86)

Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
No, same reason it can't be used with SPV3, the recorded animations won't work right as they'd play at double speed, and each frame of animation is actually player input being played back.

Plus the compressed animations used in cinematics can't be doubled in length.

I wasn't talking about SPv3 but the stock campaign maps that were ported to Custom Edition, but I guess it wouldn't work as well :/

Yeah it would have been cool to see 60fps in the stock campaign

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Broken image link...

Wurx 4 me.

Edge problem it is

Tut, tut. Opera or Brave.

U hipster bro?

Tor browser for max speed

Halo CE General Discussion » Project Ammonia Mar 23, 2017 01:28 PM (Total replies: 12)

Can't wait to enter a battle and scream "Prepareth to square! I shall heave the gorge on thy livings, naughty mushrump!"

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 23, 2017 12:04 PM (Total replies: 86)

12 fps is best.

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
I waas trying to make it like this canyon, its suposed to be wind erosion
http://muyvirtual.com/var/ezdemo_site/storage/images/media/images/canon-32/29476-1-esl-ES/Canon-3_galleryfull.jpg

What you have here is the light doing all the work, the lit up spots and darker spots are caused by the light interacting with the "gapes" left by the wind.

The textures you used in your map however don't use light/dark to simulate this effect, instead every line is a different color and it makes it look as if it's different layers of rock instead of looking like a rock that was eroded by the wind.

PS: It also looks unnatural because in such open space the wind would blow in more than 2 directions thus making this kind of erosion unlikely.
Edited by snark567 on Oct 12, 2016 at 03:14 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Game testers needed Oct 10, 2016 03:05 PM (Total replies: 6)

What you smell is what you get
Burger King and piss and sweat.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Oct 3, 2016 02:53 PM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: sbdjazz
Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
For some reason the mod doesn't load anymore. Every time I select a map the screen goes dark but nothing happens, the normal campaign is fine though.

Wait a bit while the map loads. It happens on my PC as well. May be due to seamless loading.

It seems to be fine now after a restart. Damn I wish Halo 2 had good modding tools so people could make cool mods like the ones here.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Oct 3, 2016 01:51 PM (Total replies: 96)

For some reason the mod doesn't load anymore. Every time I select a map the screen goes dark but nothing happens, the normal campaign is fine though.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Oct 2, 2016 08:48 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Blame masterz for trying to squize too much into one map without optimising.

At times I feel like the engine is crumbling down because of the amount of action. I shoot a rocket launcher and there are no particles and no damage and it feels really weird.

Halo CE General Discussion » Installation 01 (Halo Fan Game) Thread Sep 25, 2016 05:11 PM (Total replies: 490)

Is there a chance of Microsoft taking this down? Wouldn't want to see it disappear like a Nintendo fan game.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 25, 2016 05:07 PM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: LuciTheAlien
Also I'd like to say- that SGT Johnson face is nightmarishly bad.
This project would've been better off making Halo 1 versions of weapons that could've existed with the poly-count and textures of the original.
Rather than making a mess by updating textures that shouldn't be and frankly making a lot of the game look very bizarre and inconsistent.

I think a lot of the technically work is fantastic though.

I think it looks fine, on the other hand I think half life 1 faces look fine so take that with a grain of cocaine.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Sep 9, 2016 04:08 AM (Total replies: 246)

Quote: --- Original message by: Tech
Assault Rifle has a grenade launcher, you have to find certain ammo crates for it to be enabled.

Ah I see, it makes sense now. Though isn't it possible to enable grenade throwing and just switch to the grenade launcher when needed? Maybe it will be too overpowered or too hard to implement.

Anyways thanks for the info. : )

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Sep 8, 2016 03:29 PM (Total replies: 246)

"An unexpected error has occurred"

Rip post.

Ah, ok I'll make it short (and make a backup of the post just in case).

Played only a10 so far.

Things feel too detailed, it's hard to distinguish what I'm looking at when fights pick up pace, I just shoot at anything colorful moving. The new map you added lacks proper lighting, there are no shadows as if I'm playing Half-life 2 on fullbright. On top of that it's too big with many paths that go nowhere and a lot of locked doors for no reason, I felt like 70% of me playing the new map was just walkig around from door to door checking which door was locked and which wasn't.

The needler feels useless and I don't see a reason for the Assult Rifle to disable grenade throwing when being used. I can easily switch to another weapon so I can throw grenades so it kind of feels pointless for the AR to block that function.

Overall I liked it, I'll try the rest and I'll cry myself to sleep for wasting 30 min writing stuff that will never see the light of day. : ((((((((((((((

This mod will definitely benefit from Open Sauce shaders and better lighting.

PS: It definitely shows that you have invested a lot of time into this project, so don't get upset by the comments. In fact the only reason I'm posting my experience is because I like the mod, if I didn't I wouldn't bother : )
Glad to see that people are passionate about your project and write in details about their ideas and experiences.
Edited by snark567 on Sep 8, 2016 at 03:54 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 textures to Halo CE Jun 23, 2016 02:02 PM (Total replies: 13)

Blue Shift

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Jun 15, 2016 05:31 PM (Total replies: 12103)

"The only thing that stops God from sending another flood is that the first one was useless." ~Nicholas Chamfort

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 vista Custom Maps Apr 13, 2016 04:42 PM (Total replies: 43)

Quote: --- Original message by: sparky
Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
master chef

hunger intensifies.

I'm sure our product will leave you wanting for more, after all we have the support from chef's all over the world.

Time: Sat October 21, 2017 4:14 AM 438 ms.
A Halo Maps Website