A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Idaho
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 31, 2018 09:32 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
Mihi Libertas Necesse Est

Post Statistics
Idaho has contributed to 152 posts out of 468452 total posts (.03%) in 1,469 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Quote: --- Original message by: Spiral

Heretic Hunt is still alive.
I check Halomaps daily and try to keep up with all of the projects here without saying a word.
I'm still around.

I should really have an update video or something.

Here is a needle rifle I did like 5 months ago.
WIP
https://youtu.be/0xRCbUPObpc
obvious shader and animation errors/not-so-good-quality parts along with other things.
I've been trying to get everything looking consistent with a halo 2-HD kinda look. That or another look i'm trying out.

I'll see what I can comeup with for a video later on. I hope.
Edited by Spiral on Dec 20, 2018 at 06:28 PM

Wow, now that's some great news, I'm glad to hear you're still working on Heretic:Hunt, the mod looks fresh and has a lot of cool ideas I'd love to test out, I'll be waiting for the video.

Have a happy new year man!

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Nov 3, 2018 10:23 PM (Total replies: 12123)

If Firefight really is coming that's some great news, I've always thought we needed to rework some areas of the SPv3 maps to create firefight encounters, I'm glad this will be seeing the light of day...

I know I have not been as regular when it came to writing the terminals in part 2 of SPv3 but I think I've always been a good beta tester, you should contact me if you need some testing...

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Campaign Request For Halo ce Jun 12, 2018 09:41 AM (Total replies: 16)

Well we had the H2SPP project going on at some point but it never came to fruition, it'd take probably too much efforts to tune something really enjoyable out of porting h2 assets to h:ce...

Halo CE General Discussion » THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jun 12, 2018 07:16 AM (Total replies: 8)

Are you really still using Windows XP? what kind of cave do you live in man?

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 15, 2017 07:03 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: Elote
selling master's dox for $20 Bitcoin, pm for proof

I can also leak any source files/ development information for project oddball as well

20$ worth of bitcoin? or 20BTC? that's really not the same price, be sharp here please

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Aug 13, 2017 01:28 PM (Total replies: 12123)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Lol who defends someone that identifies as Alt Right? Like welcome to the eighth grade

I just wish people would focus on doing halo things instead of pretending political opinions matter when it comes to being part of the halo community, the politicization of the internet is a real plague to community efforts, so instead of going "lol alt right" or "lol sjw", a smart man better not say anything and go back to talking Halo...

Every time someone talks politics when he shouldn't be, that person is just clogging the common efforts of a community by bringing useless division to the group.
Edited by Idaho on Aug 13, 2017 at 01:35 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 18, 2017 04:48 PM (Total replies: 40)

Nice to see some people are working on refining the campaign on custom edition...

As to that matter I have a question that's a bit off topic but as the guys who could answer are on this topic, I'll be asking it here :

How difficult do you guys think it'd be to add the multiplayer weapons to SP, like I was mainly thinking of adding the flamethrower in some flood levels and make the spec ops grunt drop their fuel rod guns instead of having it exploding.

Maybe some spec ops elites could have the bruteshot and drop it when they die (not very sure about that).

So basically I know nothing to halo modding (I have knowledge of scripting and coding basic stuff in C tho, if it is of any help) but I had this idea to add certain weapons at certain moments in the game and give them to certain enemies, what do I need to learn to do that and how hard would it be?

Edited by Idaho on Jul 18, 2017 at 04:53 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 31, 2017 05:02 PM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
It's already been done. It's called MCC.

Honestly this community expects to much from people. They won't put the time in to be able to play the game at 60FPS, but they expect others too for them.

I'm not asking anyone to do this for me, I just want to know if it's possible and the amount of work it would require, also the MCC doesn't support modding, so adding extra layers of content onto this wouldn't be possible :/
Edited by Idaho on Mar 31, 2017 at 05:03 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 31, 2017 08:25 AM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
No, same reason it can't be used with SPV3, the recorded animations won't work right as they'd play at double speed, and each frame of animation is actually player input being played back.

Plus the compressed animations used in cinematics can't be doubled in length.

I wasn't talking about SPv3 but the stock campaign maps that were ported to Custom Edition, but I guess it wouldn't work as well :/

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 29, 2017 06:16 PM (Total replies: 108)

Could one of the methods shown here be applied to the stock ported campaign maps?

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 27, 2017 12:51 PM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
Some parts of spv3 already are 15fps for me

lol what kind of old rag do you own? :o

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 24, 2017 09:17 AM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
gameplay > 60 fps

is it worth shooting for 60 fps if it plays like $%&*?

>sees vidya discussion that isn't explicitly about gameplay
>"MUH GAMEPLAY!!11111 IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!1!!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT ANYTHIHNG ELSE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Calm your tits dude, he was just expressing concerns about what should really matter in H:CE custom content, it doesn't seem that he is against 60fps just that in a usual scenario people have limited time and resource and they should be more focused on quality gameplay than having 60fps or fancy looking stuffs, if you have the time and resource for both then good for you...

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Microsoft has the money to take the franchise wherever they want...
Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Jan 9, 2017 at 08:01 PM

yeah well that's exactly what I'm saying here, they just think money is enough, having money does not solve the problem of the lack of focus and devotion to the franchise, I doubt anyone who cherish Halo as the good FPS franchise that it is (and not as the horrible cross media franchise it's claiming to be) would really enjoy making or playing that game.

You can have the best racing car you want if you're not a pilot or don't have a good pilot for it, the car won't do any good...
Edited by Idaho on Jan 10, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Yeah well, this really gives us a hint at how the halo franchise is managed by Microsoft, and that is poorly, poorlier than our lowest expectations...

Tons of money wasted in some useless efforts (this game, the Halo MMO and the first failed attempt to make a Halo movie and the soon to be announced to be scraped Spielberg TV show) and few efforts focused on what should really be the focal point of the franchise, the actual FPS games, Microsoft killed Fable, they just announced that they also killed Scalebound more recently, their way of managing a franchise is not in focused and devoted efforts, it's throwing money everywhere hoping some cashback on it...
Edited by Idaho on Jan 9, 2017 at 07:10 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Nov 22, 2016 02:01 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Is that ingame

http://i.imgur.com/aJPjCRZ.jpg

still early

Porting campaign or mp project?

Halo CE General Discussion » Im gonna be "that guy" Nov 4, 2016 03:43 PM (Total replies: 22)

I guess the only reason is that it would take a hell lot of time and part 2 is already taking that time...

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Nov 1, 2016 06:34 AM (Total replies: 1178)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
MegaSean will sue you for Cancelling®

You aren't funny.

CE3 was 2 months ago, we got a release window and now everyone is assmad and making assumptions.

Have you tried waiting until January? .-.

Edited by MEGA_VKNG on Oct 23, 2016 at 05:03 PM

I don't think we can call a few guys voicing stupid assumptions on this forum, everyone, there is no need to be worried, if Matt really changed something important with this project, I think he would have told us here...

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 30, 2016 10:01 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
What if agent locke was sgt jhonsons son???

http://i.imgur.com/THideJY.jpg

And agent lockes mom was miranda keyes???

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/z3rfv8FBdTY/maxresdefault.jpg

And the master chiefs real name is: Juan esteban javiere diego???

http://cute-n-tiny.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/surprised-cat-400x300.jpg

Could explain a lot about all those mexicans hanging around custom edition...

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 30, 2016 07:48 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: SOI_7
Enough! In the next patch Johnson will have Jameson Locke's face! Are you happy now?

Yay!

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Sep 30, 2016 05:14 AM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
So from what I gathered from the above is that SPV3 is a disappointment and an abomination to the Halo franchise just because SGT Johnson's face is not up to par with expectations and the community is in taters as a result.

That's just great :/

But muh Voldemort face, muh SPv3 team should not have even tried to revamp the graphical style even though it's an overall success, they're amateurs afterall, how dare amateurs provide top notch content with some touch of amateurism in it?!!! How dare do they do what they want with their mod because they also do this for their own enjoyment?!! Heresy! that's unacceptable !! They should be mod making minions that grant every wishes of the community !!!
Edited by Idaho on Sep 30, 2016 at 05:21 AM

Time: Tue March 26, 2019 7:34 PM 547 ms.
A Halo Maps Website