A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lolslayer
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 2, 2018 06:31 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Knights and merchants, King Arthur's Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Post Statistics
lolslayer has contributed to 963 posts out of 466497 total posts (.21%) in 1,129 days (.85 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Apr 2, 2018 06:31 AM (Total replies: 177)

Happy third cycle of the earth!

Now, where is our april fools joke? >:(

Yesss, more of the good stuff

Quote: --- Original message by: 1bobsam1

First started to pay attention to custom Halo Content in about 2009 and play it and was pretty much when I got the game. I started to hop between Modacity and Halo Maps forums around 2009, finally made an account (I obviously still use my original one here) in both places around that time. I used to check Halo Maps' Halo CE map section daily for new maps, never visited the forums really before 2009. Then come sometime around 2008/2009, I met HDoan in a random public Halo CE server running Sciophobia. I knew who he was because I knew and followed H3MT's work on their Moddb page. So I asked if I could add him on Xfire as a friend and thus my Halo CE life grew in depth meeting knew people like: Jesse, Dsalimander (who I eventually found out lived in the same state as me, one night we were both experiencing the same severe thunderstorm outbreak), Masterz1337, English Mobster, Gamma927, Malolo420, Rambo, Joshflighter, Inferno, Advancebo, and maybe a few others that I am forgetting or that weren't ever known really well in the communities. I did some modeling that never went anywhere because I gave up. Then went on to Beta testing things/maps for people (almost all those I mentioned above I did testing for). But in 2015 or so I finally (for the hell of it) did my first true ingamed Halo CE map, I put some downloaded tags in the tutorial map and compiled it and it worked.

So here's some a few screencaps that HARDLY encase this journey. A Xfire screenshot of me saying a message "HIGH POLY :D" from HDoan's Xfire profile. A random screenshot the desktop with Xfire open from ‎August ‎5, ‎2009 taken in our family's old Windows XP eMachine. The green/tan renders was an attempt to recreate Metropolis by hand. The teal renders are of a Last Resort remake I wanted to start. The grey render is a random practice map model. Then the OTHER tan ones are of a map I completed modeling (it was supposed to be another part of Zanzibar's shoreline) And then some renders (the ODST style renders) from English Mobster when I was giving him feedback.

https://imgur.com/a/mJEUP
Edited by 1bobsam1 on Mar 27, 2018 at 03:44 AM

That desktop picture is a real windows XP era treasure trove. Pivot, Gamemaker, all those good old primary school stuff

also, thx for the fix spiral
Edited by lolslayer on Mar 27, 2018 at 05:56 AM

Fix your photobucket pics spiral

Very nice!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 10, 2018 12:42 PM (Total replies: 23)

Well, I wish them the best of luck with that because split-screen is one of my biggest custom edition wishes come true

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 9, 2018 06:52 AM (Total replies: 23)

Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
I don't think that it means that much, but I still dream of the day that they add verified custom maps to MCC like the lumoria campaign and great MP maps. Definitely unrealistic but you can Always wish

You can already play custom campaigns with a controller in high resolutions and proper 60fps now on pc for a MCC-ish experience

I really just want multiplayer custom maps in MCC to play them with the improved netcode.

MCC supports split-screen
split-screen lumoria = love

So yeah, that's sadly enough not something I can find on PC so if it comes to MCC (and with some scripting changes maybe to support 2 player gameplay), I can finally play it together with others

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Custom Edition features in MCC Mar 8, 2018 08:39 AM (Total replies: 23)

I don't think that it means that much, but I still dream of the day that they add verified custom maps to MCC like the lumoria campaign and great MP maps. Definitely unrealistic but you can Always wish

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Mar 5, 2018 03:20 AM (Total replies: 118)

Would be nice, haven't heard Dennis' voice in a while

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Mar 4, 2018 12:00 PM (Total replies: 118)

yizz

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Mar 2, 2018 05:44 AM (Total replies: 68)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The hope is to do all new audio recordings. The project is underway and we have been playing with SPV3 Lumoria for several days now. There's also a chance a relic from the past may make a re-appearance in SPV3 Lumoria...

wow send me a build

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 28, 2018 05:21 PM (Total replies: 11475)

Great stuff

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 28, 2018 05:19 PM (Total replies: 68)

Please tell me that that ancient relic is Dennis

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 23, 2018 08:20 AM (Total replies: 11475)

Damn that looks nice!

Halo CE General Discussion » Lumoria Feedback Feb 22, 2018 06:06 PM (Total replies: 68)

Will the tagset also be changed to the SPV3 tagset?

A few ideas that quickly came to mind:
-Improved cutscenes, especially the one where antecedent sage get's destroyed, it's so bad that it's hilarious atm.
-The troops shadow feels with art slightly out of place, maybe that could use a touch up.
-There was some nice use of foliage on the ground, maybe the ground could get a bit more thicker grass.
-New enviroments, these were one of the most enjoyable additions of SPV3 and could greatly benefit the experience of a remake, maybe those added enviroments can have some better use of the auto-turret which is quite a gimmick at the moment.
-Voice acted terminals, the terminals were quite dull and I couldn't really stay interested enough to finish reading it, adding voice acting might make it a lot more interesting

These ideas are probably too ambitious for the most part, but you asked for feedback and here is some.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Feb 22, 2018 03:40 AM (Total replies: 11475)

Looks too good for CE, VERY nice! :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Bipeds - Work in Process thread [WIP] Feb 21, 2018 05:45 AM (Total replies: 8466)

Looks surprisingly nice

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Doom 3 for Halo Ce Feb 20, 2018 06:10 PM (Total replies: 13)

^

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Doom 3 for Halo Ce Feb 19, 2018 05:20 AM (Total replies: 13)

Quote: --- Original message by: SomeFan
have you seen the Doom Modification that looks like Halo?
tried it my self & it needs chimera interpolation really bad, other then that it's a fun 20 Minutes

Nice, never seen this before

I've sacrificed myself for you guys and I gave it a look, it's a mocking map, you can't move or anything, you can only watch a static map.

Time: Sun April 22, 2018 3:06 AM 422 ms.
A Halo Maps Website