A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lolslayer
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 6, 2019 08:56 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Knights and merchants, King Arthur's Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Post Statistics
lolslayer has contributed to 1021 posts out of 468010 total posts (.22%) in 1,401 days (.73 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach 2! Winterstruct Official Thread Jan 6, 2019 08:56 AM (Total replies: 25)

I don't know if it's inside your scope, but I think it would benefit you greatly if you made your own BSP's for this campaign. There's only so much you can do with altering MP maps for SP usage and re-using existing campaign BSP's will quickly make the game feel repetitive. Also, I think you'll be able to create a more coherent visual representation if you had full control over tags, scenery, and BSP's.

But otherwise it looks really nice, kinda get reach vibes from the new covenant scenery's lighting

Halo CE General Discussion » Grounded: A Halo Story teaser Jan 2, 2019 08:56 AM (Total replies: 2)

:eyes:

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo Reach 2! Winterstruct Official Thread Dec 31, 2018 08:52 PM (Total replies: 25)

Looks interesting, I really like the light bridge, I do have to say though, it currently looks a bit empty and the art isn't really consistent, it's still WIP and you might improve it a lot before releasing the project but there's a lot that can be added/improved to make this a really amazing campaign

Halo CE General Discussion » Planet Flood Egypt [RELEASE] Dec 25, 2018 05:58 PM (Total replies: 8)

I must agree that this is next to planet flood A the weakest mission of the series, and I don't really know why. I actually quite enjoyed B and D, I really think that you can achieve much better results Halonimator

We need CE3 back for dem mad HH trailers

Halo CE General Discussion » The Original Winterstruct Campaign Dec 20, 2018 04:21 AM (Total replies: 8)

Bit empty but I'm interested

Halo CE General Discussion » The Original Winterstruct Campaign Dec 18, 2018 05:33 AM (Total replies: 8)

What about the other project you were working on in the snow landscape that you recently teased?

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE]: New Mombasa Beta Dec 13, 2018 06:05 PM (Total replies: 205)

I really like how alive the battle looks

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3ish Video Casting Call Dec 10, 2018 07:54 AM (Total replies: 24)

My heart is pounding like hell, even if it's much smaller than the usual CE3 I'm stoked to get something similar back

Halo CE General Discussion » [SP]The Flood: Forgotten Exile Nov 26, 2018 04:28 AM (Total replies: 252)

That's a few years ago that he said that, he could change his mind, hopefully...

Halo CE General Discussion » Operation Purgepoint (Formerly Project X) Nov 1, 2018 01:53 PM (Total replies: 134)

Late responds should result in late bumps, but eh, this deserves it ;)

Halo CE General Discussion » Omega Campaign Released! - player feedback Nov 1, 2018 01:47 PM (Total replies: 14)

You actually kept your promise! :D

EDIT:

Played through it, very enjoyable, very nice environments and very nice encounters, I didn't like the flood part tho and the terrain can use some smoothing
Edited by lolslayer on Nov 1, 2018 at 05:39 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CMT RETURNS! New project and team details inside! Oct 30, 2018 04:52 AM (Total replies: 12123)

Sounds great, any ETA or footage?

I don't understand all of your questions, but for project cartographer we might see more SP maps now that the cartographer team got pathfinding to work for AI

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Sync Idea and Video Oct 14, 2018 11:56 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Russian Poot Man
Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
This kinda works but it would result in a lot of rubber-banding for the AI which doesn't look nice, that's why you sync more than just the position

I edited the main post before I saw your response, I was thinking the same. If you update the rotation, then the locally ran AI attached to the server biped has a greater chance of making the same decision.

Even then you'll get a lot of rubber banding, the server side-AI might have chosen a certain action, while the client-side version still wants to do something else, if that doesn't get synced, both versions will constantly do something else and only align at the moments they sync

Halo CE General Discussion » AI Sync Idea and Video Oct 13, 2018 05:25 PM (Total replies: 6)

This kinda works but it would result in a lot of rubber-banding for the AI which doesn't look nice, that's why you sync more than just the position

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 10, 2018 04:16 AM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt
I think Neil is forgetting that the word "Custom" is half of the game's subtitle.

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 7, 2018 07:10 PM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi
I only said graphics options, not advanced graphics options. My problem with many console games is that lots of console games still lack settings for stuff like FOV or being able to toggle post processing effects like motion blur or chromatic aberration. I also feel that having an option to choose between better graphics or better frame rate should be in more games.

I definitely agree with that, and like Masterz said, gears and rise of the tomb raider are good examples, but taking the extra step of having a a 30FPS/60FPS mode with an additional layer of customization between higher graphics/higher resolution would be absolutely perfect

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Oct 7, 2018 07:36 AM (Total replies: 108)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kavawuvi

However, this is my opinion. You obviously prefer your games to look pretty, and that's fine. I can respect that. On PC, you can have your way via graphics settings. Sadly, most console games, such as Halo 5, lack graphics options, so you have to go with whatever settings were baked into the game by the developers, even if they aren't optimal for you. I think limiting these options does a disservice to the hardcore fans, but I guess they think that having an FOV slider is already scary enough for casual players?

Console games should never have advanced graphics options, I do believe that having a few options is great though, as long as it's clear what kind of performance you can expect from it.
Like choosing between a 60FPS mode and a 30FPS mode, and when you have 30FPS enabled, the option for higher resolutions vs better graphics. Things like that would be great for console graphics settings. The option to uncap the framerate either way is also great, you should just know that you can't expect nice constant framerates then.
When I play on console I don't want to tinker around with graphics settings to get the fine line between graphics and performance, I just want to know what framerate I can expect and then automatically get the max out of the machine that would work with that framerate.
(Also, motion blur/FOV would be great to have as individual options, but only if it doesn't significantly affect the performance)

That's some good stuff :)

Time: Sat January 19, 2019 6:31 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website