A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lolslayer
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 7, 2019 08:06 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Knights and merchants, King Arthur's Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Post Statistics
lolslayer has contributed to 1050 posts out of 469451 total posts (.22%) in 1,700 days (.62 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Planet Flood C Infinite!?! Nov 7, 2019 08:06 AM (Total replies: 9)

I did an honest playthrough of the game, and it's not that good.

The first encounters were a disaster! There's no fun in spamming massive enemy counts in an open field, with barely any cover, just for you to slowly chip them away one by one. It takes time, barely no tactics, and it doesn't make you feel like an all-powerful supersoldier, which it should. The fact that you require people to play the game in legendary doesn't make it better either. If you could play the game in normal it might have been a bit fun to wreak havoc among the covenant ranks but that simply doesn't work in legendary.

When you finally get through the first few encounters you arrive in the pyramid, which is honestly MUCH more fun to play through. There's a lot of verticality which makes the encounters a lot more interesting, and the is actually space for tactics. It even allows to tackle encounters in multiple, valid, ways which benefits replayability a lot (which is great for this map, because you die a lot and it's nice to experiment a little). I do wonder however if this was actually your intention and not plain luck because the outdoor encounters don't show any thought put into the encounters.

It was however quite annoying that there were almost no health packs found in the map, even with the high difficulty that's present. It's still doable to finish the map, but being stuck with a checkpoint where you only have a single health bar doesn't help with some of the tougher encounters.

Sadly, the map falls apart again when you pick up the skull and you have to make a run for it. I've tried many times to get out with the skull, but I simply can't believe that it's possible without some hidden overshields. There were simply too many enemies, sometimes even found within a hallway that you had to pass. Eventually I just threw the skull away and gunned my way through the escape route. There was some fun to be found finding the optimal route to leave a room to diminish health loss, but again I doesn't feel like you made it fun on purpose, that it was plain luck that it was fun.

When you get out of the pyramid and need to make a run for the pelican, you spam flood types all around the player, and I can't seem to find any possible way to reach the pelican in the way that I should've reached it. Eventually I just ran around the pyramid in the opposite direction where you didn't expect anybody to go to evade the flood. And then it was finally over, I won, even without the skull with me.

I don't know what's more offensive in your map, the awful map design or the hit-pieces on Masterz and Sparky found throughout the map. I don't mind who you have trouble with, but it was rather childish seeing these hit-pieces in the map. I do in some way enjoy the criticism on Christian patriotism found in America, but I feel like you simply added it in to make fun of Sparky. You can say that I agree with the message, but not with the intent.

I knew already what kind of map I could expect when "Erika" started playing and the chief danced spastically. You try really hard to give off the feeling that you don't care and you don't put effort in your work because of it, which renders all criticism as invalid because you didn't put in any effort either way, you don't care either way. But I know you do Adam. You care about your work, and you put effort into it. You're acting like a clown as a coping mechanism for the fact that you didn't succeed to become a respected member of the community, and by doing so you only make it harder to actually become one.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Sep 20, 2019 05:11 AM (Total replies: 11479)

I like it, reminds me of the mission Sacred Icon of H2 where you move with a Gondola deeper into the forerunner structure

Halo CE General Discussion » How to make a numeric countdown timer Sep 20, 2019 05:08 AM (Total replies: 1)

Impressive stuff, thanks for the tut :)

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Planet Flood C Infinite!?! Sep 8, 2019 06:42 AM (Total replies: 9)

Based

Halo CE General Discussion » Weapons - Works in Process thread [WIP] Sep 8, 2019 06:41 AM (Total replies: 14974)

There's quite some activity on discord servers, don't worry

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Planet Flood C Infinite!?! Sep 7, 2019 09:02 AM (Total replies: 9)

Some said this day would never come, what have they to say now?

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Aug 30, 2019 08:07 AM (Total replies: 11479)

I missed this thread

Halo CE General Discussion » [NEWS] Planet Flood Egypt 2... Update!?! Aug 30, 2019 07:11 AM (Total replies: 10)

So I see you've found the HMF New Topic button

Edited by lolslayer on Aug 30, 2019 at 07:12 AM

It's okay to promote your discord server, I'm in there as well, but the hit piece against HMF was uncalled for

Amazing, well done!

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Invader Jun 5, 2019 04:57 AM (Total replies: 31)

Great stuff, thanks for making such great tools for Halo <3

Halo CE General Discussion » [WIP] Invader May 31, 2019 03:54 PM (Total replies: 31)

Sounds nice, are there already limitations of tool that Invader breaks?

Good stuff

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo FTW and FTW 2 Development Builds May 3, 2019 07:51 AM (Total replies: 13)

Oh man, PlanetSide 2, such a great and awful game at the same time

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo FTW and FTW 2 Development Builds Apr 29, 2019 07:39 AM (Total replies: 13)

Thanks for the gameplay!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo FTW and FTW 2 Development Builds Apr 28, 2019 05:33 PM (Total replies: 13)

Interesting, do you have any pictures of the campaign?

Halo CE General Discussion » Sparky's Thread Apr 19, 2019 07:26 PM (Total replies: 10)

Making a new engine that plays CE maps is very ambitious, but I'm interested to see how far you can get with it
Edited by lolslayer on Apr 19, 2019 at 07:26 PM

Didn't you say in that thread that you got the file and guessed the password?

Halo CE General Discussion » Crossguard Map Release Apr 3, 2019 05:29 AM (Total replies: 6)

The lighting looks really good!

Halo CE General Discussion » Low poly count ODST city Mar 14, 2019 05:35 AM (Total replies: 5)

impressive stuff

Time: Thu November 14, 2019 10:56 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website