A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: lolslayer
About Contact
Last Post: Mar 25, 2017 08:40 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo, Knights and merchants, King Arthur's Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHbAKvPJkU

Post Statistics
lolslayer has contributed to 699 posts out of 461535 total posts (.15%) in 739 days (.95 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 25, 2017 08:40 AM (Total replies: 11208)

Quote: --- Original message by: not m00kz
Halonimator, serious question.
Why do you act like a fart.

Your skills aren't the absolute best, but there's some clear potential.
So cut the bashing, and get to the potatoe mashing.

Edited by lolslayer on Mar 25, 2017 at 08:42 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 24, 2017 06:47 PM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Idaho
Quote: --- Original message by: Oskarmandude
Quote: --- Original message by: Nickster5000
gameplay > 60 fps

is it worth shooting for 60 fps if it plays like $%&*?

>sees vidya discussion that isn't explicitly about gameplay
>"MUH GAMEPLAY!!11111 IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!1!!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT ANYTHIHNG ELSE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Calm your tits dude, he was just expressing concerns about what should really matter in H:CE custom content, it doesn't seem that he is against 60fps just that in a usual scenario people have limited time and resource and they should be more focused on quality gameplay than having 60fps or fancy looking stuffs, if you have the time and resource for both then good for you...

He had literally no reason to say something like that if it he didn't had a stance against 60 fps mate

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 24, 2017 06:44 PM (Total replies: 11208)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Im still better than masterz1337
http://i.imgur.com/qeKDZAZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xM0oJW6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0VLbIEV.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Masterz1337 isn't the enviroment designer so comparing this to Masterz1337's work is completely irrelevant

Halo CE General Discussion » it's a thing. Halo CE 60 FPS Mar 23, 2017 08:27 AM (Total replies: 70)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
Sort of a dumb argument, the game will feel more responsive when running at 60 FPS, even if you have eyes like mine where you don't find 30 FPS upsetting. With 60 FPS you can open the AI up to becoming more responsive and having the ability to be able to react to things they might miss, and also opens up new abilities with the weapons such as new fire rates. In this day and age there isn't much of a reason to not be able to handle 60 FPS on most maps, unless you are playing SPV3 on integrated graphics.

Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Mar 21, 2017 06:47 PM (Total replies: 24)

Quote: --- Original message by: MosesofEgypt

Added a tool for converting an entire directory of animation tags into 60 fps versions. The new tags will be named with a "60fps_" prefix, so dont worry about overwrites. You can also convert a 60 fps animation tag back to a 30 fps one. If you turn a 30 to a 60 and back to a 30, the animations will be exactly the same, save for some minuscule floating point rounding errors(file size will be the same too). All animation frame index values are also modified, so you dont need to worry about those either.

You'll need to do some prep work first though, by opening the animation tags in mozz. You'll need to check a new flag for which animations to NOT convert(special overlays such as suspension positions, talking, aiming, etc) as well as a flag for whether or not the velocity of the animations final frame is important(getting out of a vehicle, jumping, running, etc). In order to get a version of the animation tag definition with those flags you'll need to update the MEK by running the update.py script.

I'm not going to write other tools to automatically convert other tags to 60 fps, but this should take care of the biggest issue.

EDIT: This video is courtesy of Michelle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ual-1wt2c
Edited by MosesofEgypt on Mar 21, 2017 at 03:53 PM

You're amazing!

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 21, 2017 03:39 AM (Total replies: 11208)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Second bsp of planet_flood_e
http://i.imgur.com/eEfCNdb.jpg

Shouldn't you finish C&D BEFORE going to the next mission?

I finished them weeks ago, and im not going to release them until Masterz1337 uploads a video apologizing to me.

Halonimator, Masterz1337 doesn't care a bit about your planet flood campaign, he would never apoligize just to play it, the only thing that you're doing now is hurting the interest other people have in your project that actually do care about it

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 20, 2017 05:05 PM (Total replies: 11208)

n-no

Pretty sure it was
Edited by lolslayer on Mar 20, 2017 at 05:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 20, 2017 05:19 AM (Total replies: 11208)

Second bsp of planet_flood_e
http://i.imgur.com/eEfCNdb.jpg

Shouldn't you finish C&D BEFORE going to the next mission?

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Mar 19, 2017 06:01 PM (Total replies: 245)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: theTeabagger
Thanks for the tip, will look into. You are just not a true Halo fan if you do not play it on the pc! :) At this point though the real fans are here amirite?

Even here not everybody is a real fan, I think that the "realest" fans are the ones that played every single halo game ever and know a lot about it's lore and history, and many here didn't even play all the halo games so you'll just find as many regular fans here then with console only players

Well what about poor people like me who can only afford some games? Would I not count as a "real" fan simply because I don't possess enough wealth?

I was talking about the "realest" fans, you can still be a regular fan like me :)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
I Always liked the idea of having a game based on the grunt rebellion

This isn't a joke, I would love to see a huge siege with countless grunts in high charity

Dont think high charity was established during the grunt rebellion.

Though, the taming of the hunters would also be an interesting idea. Generally, anything the arbiters had to do would be interesting tidbits of lore to chew through

Pretty sure that the H2A grunt rebellion terminal showed high charity

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 19, 2017 05:57 PM (Total replies: 11208)

are we doing audio stuff now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKc5GgGqS1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8X7uWh_jU

Wait, isn't NERD SAUCE... M00kz's channel?!?!?!?

Quote: --- Original message by: cippozzo
Just thoughts, but I mean would you enjoy a campaign based on Halo Wars' shield world levels?
Marines with firethrowers and burning flood, lots of metal and blood.
I'm really interested in it, and I'll be working on a demo as soon I got spare time.
If you have thoughts about it, about tagset(I would like a vanilla one, but hey we're on 2017), about the story SPEAK UP.

Sounds cool

I Always liked the idea of having a game based on the grunt rebellion

This isn't a joke, I would love to see a huge siege with countless grunts in high charity

Halo CE General Discussion » The Omega Campaign Mar 18, 2017 01:07 PM (Total replies: 66)

Thought that was negan/sshers 4 a second.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Mar 18, 2017 12:59 PM (Total replies: 245)

Quote: --- Original message by: theTeabagger
Thanks for the tip, will look into. You are just not a true Halo fan if you do not play it on the pc! :) At this point though the real fans are here amirite?

Even here not everybody is a real fan, I think that the "realest" fans are the ones that played every single halo game ever and know a lot about it's lore and history, and many here didn't even play all the halo games so you'll just find as many regular fans here then with console only players

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 18, 2017 12:56 PM (Total replies: 11208)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
And Dalode, looks interesting, maybe some vids here and there? :)

Thanks, I'm gonna start churning out some gif's I think, but my HD doesn't have enough room to record them atm lmao. Need to clear out that stuff first :p

I'll wait :)

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 18, 2017 05:34 AM (Total replies: 11208)

Quote: --- Original message by: benjimod

Unfortunately i lost all motivation about modding so i don't know if they will being released someday.

Maybe somebody else is motivated to finish it one day ;)

Yeah, didn't think about that, but why not after all

Don't look at me though, I've 0 skill in 3DS max and HEK :')

And Dalode, looks interesting, maybe some vids here and there? :)

Halo CE General Discussion » The Omega Campaign Mar 18, 2017 05:29 AM (Total replies: 66)

Quote: --- Original message by: DaLode
I'd love to see some gameplay action.

Halo CE General Discussion » Semi-Official Gallery [WIPS] Mar 17, 2017 03:20 AM (Total replies: 11208)

Unfortunately i lost all motivation about modding so i don't know if they will being released someday.

Maybe somebody else is motivated to finish it one day ;)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Pepzee
If enough time passes I might die before this gets released.

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
SIERRA 117 NAO

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/6/005/0b1/1ee/05be67f.jpg

Just release the source files and tags from Sierra 117. I think most people would be happy with that.

He said he wanted to do that tho

The issue is it's mixed with everything else. Just wait for Takedown and I'll be sure to release whatever I have for Sierra before 2017 ends

Okay, sounds good to me babe

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 4:16 AM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website