A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: Grunter
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 6, 2017 09:18 PM
Interests: Game Design, Computers, Animation
Your Age: [CLASSIFIED]
What Games do you play: Games of the video variety.
I'm back from the dead and reporting for duty!

Post Statistics
Grunter has contributed to 212 posts out of 464191 total posts (.05%) in 870 days (.24 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 6, 2017 09:18 PM (Total replies: 64)

I leave home for a little while and this is what happens.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 6, 2017 07:23 PM (Total replies: 64)

Oh boy, I sure missed a lot while I was gone.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 2 Tagset Redux Aug 6, 2017 06:53 PM (Total replies: 64)

I'm curious if you plan on making a quick H2 multiplayer map as an example when these tags are finished?

TF2 used to be decent but these days it's gone down the toilet.
Objectively the game these days is a tower of duct tape.

Not that it matters Half-Life > both TF and Halo, let's just get along and talk about Halo CE modding.

Halo CE General Discussion » BigassV3 Weapon Skins Contest! Jan 29, 2017 08:24 PM (Total replies: 109)

Whoa, its like CS GO except they aren't charging you over 100 bucks for a tacky knife.

Great job on this, though how will players obtain these skins?

Okay, okay, I don't think this guy has the idea for another RvB machinima.

This guy wants to make a Halo Parody fully animated in the Halo 1 engine, probably around an hour in length. (If I were doing something like that, I'd go for 30 minutes, but that's just me.) Not just another RvB type thing.

Halo CE General Discussion » [Release] SOI's SIngleplayer Adventure Sep 20, 2016 07:20 PM (Total replies: 246)

Looking forward to this. Kinda looks like a mix of SPV3 and Halo 3.

Halo CE General Discussion » Back after quite awhile. Sep 20, 2016 06:24 PM (Total replies: 5)

So I haven't been active for almost a year, and most of that has to do with Valve in general.
I have made a name in the Valve (mostly TF2) community. I love Valve games, and I love being apart of such a community. Not to say this community is bad, its just all of the negativity in the Halo community in general in recent years, it really did put me off of the community, it seemed everywhere I'd go It would be arguing about 343i, or hell even arguing about the quality of the older games, or even mods the community made themselves.
Honestly it was how hostile things were getting, and that's the main reason why I am here again. People aren't as hostile to each other right now. I think dust has settled when it comes to 343i's drama and its now much more civil. And to be honest I was even getting to a bad point were I'd mindlessly rant about Halo 4 and 5. Luckily things are getting better, which is great! I love the Halo series and will probably always play the series for as long as I am playing video games, I just don't want to get caught up in the negativity again like I did before.

(PS: The Halo discords have been the only decent ones I have seen, so great job on that.)
Edited by Grunter on Sep 20, 2016 at 06:28 PM

Halo 2 Vista General Discussion » Halo 2 Beta Jul 21, 2016 05:04 PM (Total replies: 15)

Megasean has some more beta stuff for you to see.... soooo bump.

Why do you need to know my IP >:c

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 19, 2016 01:49 PM (Total replies: 392)

Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The reasoning for the lines is to show you when you get to max speed.

And you are talking out of your ass if you call these "halo 4 tags". there is no such thing as Halo 4 tags. You can have Halo 4 models, which this does have (and will likely end up using Halo Online). The closest thing you'll have is Halo 2 tags by Zteam, which were ported over nearly field for field, but still do not function exactly like H2.

By Halo 4 tags i just ment in general models, weapons, sounds from the game Halo 4.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 19, 2016 12:35 PM (Total replies: 392)

Okay, can we please stop whining about sprint. It is most likely gonna be in this campaign, if you do not like it then simply don't use it. This isn't multiplayer where it is forced on you. :p

Personally the only thing i dont like so far is the terrible H4 tags. Halo 3 FTW >:c
Edited by Grunter on Apr 19, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Alright, so like a year or two ago i was planning on making a machinima called "Covenant outpost" which was gonna be a simple improv series, that was kinda bad so i never really followed through on that... But now with animation experience i kinda want to start it up again, what i'd mostly need help with is making cutscences since i wanna take full advantage of custom animations. Additionally if you think you could make a good voice actor for an elite or a spartan then please message me.

Okay so thats most of the nerdy stuff outta the way. So now lets target the other thing that made the series go down is the writing, there was none. It was all improv which is NOTa good way to make something like this.
As for a writing style, i'd want it to be in the same vain as classic RvB (Mostly comedy with additional action scenes) but i'd like to keep the lines simple and have the rest be improvized (like i said i want the main story to be written, but have most of the lines be simple so the voice actors can come up with most of the comedy much like the show Rick and Morty) So thats basically all i wanted to talk about. I think if i can get this off the ground it could be a fun little series.
Edited by Grunter on Apr 17, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 17, 2016 09:44 AM (Total replies: 392)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Quote: --- Original message by: Grunter
I actually really like sprint...

You can choose if you want to be fast or not, and I regularly switch between sprint and walking based on the situation I'm in

And sprinting just feels satisfying, so I really like it

I think sprite is fine in CAMPAIGN, and no, the maps CANNOT be changed for it to work.
Wanting to move faster in campaign isnt such a bad idea as long as the maps are still a normal size, a good example is SPV3. SPV3 has sprite for those who simply want to get through the game faster as they already beat it many times, which makes sense. A bad example would be Halo 5. The campaign for Halo 5 REQURES you use sprint, thus it pretty much ruins the entire campaign for those who just wanna play the game like they used too.
Another example is Halo Reach. Its map design was designed for the standard walking speed, and because of that I thought it was actually pretty cool. I wasnt FORCED to use sprint, but if say i already played the game before, i can get through it faster.

I like it aswell in MP :D:D

Its stupid in multiplayer. It is an illusion as to keep balance the maps have to be changed. The reason it works in campaign is because its not requred to progress, it is simply there for people who beat the game to get through the less memerable moments quicker. In multiplayer it does not work, it only breaks the flow in the game. :/

Though you should till totally put it in your campaign as long as you dont change bsp around it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 17, 2016 09:10 AM (Total replies: 392)

Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Quote: --- Original message by: Ki11erFTW
I am still unsure what I'm going to do with sprint. It is a little wonky. Design progress has been slow since I'm the only one working on the game here and there. As I've said before, If any talented members want to contribute that'd be helpful.

Don't get al butt hurt about sprint yet. Would I like to see sprint implemented? Yes. Getting it to work smoothly is a different story.

Make a list of the things you could use help with, maybe someone will say 'hey, I can do that for him.'

Could have sworn I had a list on the first page. Can't find it now.

We could use the following:

-Texture Artists
-3D Artists (for assets)
-Concept Artists
-Animators
-Creating Cinematics
-HUD/UI Artists

I could do some small animation work, however i am already working in another project so I'd have to be small. :v

Halo CE General Discussion » 2 separate CE installs? Apr 16, 2016 01:17 AM (Total replies: 7)

Quote: --- Original message by: t3h m00kz
I hear this can be done. I want one for HAC2 (MP) and OS (SP).

How do I do it

I actually just got that setup recently. It was a pretty simple job of copying the contents of the Halo Custom Edition Folder, removing OS and renaming the folder "Halo Custom Edition Multiplayer"

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 15, 2016 09:51 AM (Total replies: 392)

I actually really like sprint...

You can choose if you want to be fast or not, and I regularly switch between sprint and walking based on the situation I'm in

And sprinting just feels satisfying, so I really like it

I think sprite is fine in CAMPAIGN, and no, the maps CANNOT be changed for it to work.
Wanting to move faster in campaign isnt such a bad idea as long as the maps are still a normal size, a good example is SPV3. SPV3 has sprite for those who simply want to get through the game faster as they already beat it many times, which makes sense. A bad example would be Halo 5. The campaign for Halo 5 REQURES you use sprint, thus it pretty much ruins the entire campaign for those who just wanna play the game like they used too.
Another example is Halo Reach. Its map design was designed for the standard walking speed, and because of that I thought it was actually pretty cool. I wasnt FORCED to use sprint, but if say i already played the game before, i can get through it faster.

I have been playing Custom Edition for almost ten years now, however it was a off again on again sorta thing. I stopped playing from 2009 - 2013 due to Reach, however since Reach got old, and Halo 4 was terrible I decided to come back to scratch that Halo itch.
As for mods i have done i dont have many, although i am working on some scarab animations for a project many of you are looking forward too. I wont say what cause i don't know if the mod creator would like that. Anyways, here are some of the animations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQZ6nARzjB4

As for other things i WANT to do in the future, i'd love to make even cleaner animations. And I'd also love to try voice acting.
Edited by Grunter on Apr 15, 2016 at 09:44 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 14, 2016 12:06 PM (Total replies: 392)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet

Where is the profanity filter when you need it.
Edited by Kinnet on Apr 14, 2016 at 12:05 PM

That's 2004 tech for ya'!

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo: Composition Apr 14, 2016 11:19 AM (Total replies: 392)

Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
I'd be interested to see who else other than 343 changes their maps to "make sprint work".

Isn't some of the previous Halo ports into Halo 4/5 are actually bigger to accommodate sprint and crossing the map in both games (using sprint all the way in one) takes pretty much the same time?

That's exactly the point he is trying to get across. Sprint is simply an illusion to make it play more like other shooters.

Time: Tue August 22, 2017 10:51 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website