A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: S12Spark
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 26, 2018 08:29 PM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
S12Spark has contributed to 306 posts out of 468429 total posts (.07%) in 1,427 days (.21 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 26, 2018 08:29 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark

Any reason why I couldn't get any sound to work? I made a new folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fall Of Mombasa

and extracted everything from FOM.rar to that folder, and launched haloce.exe, couldn't get any sound so I did some poking around and ended up deleting dsound.dll and that resolved the sound issue. Any ideas as to why?

That file IIRC is to allow the EAX option to be enabled and emulated. Not sure if it might just be your PC or if that's something I'd need to remove from future releases. Can anyone else let me know if they faced the same issue?

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
Also, Silly question but is this map a firefight map or does it have a story/progression?

I only had about 15 mins to play through it and I thought it was a firefight type of map at first, as I stayed in the courtyard and fought for about that long but noticed the tunnels.
Edited by S12Spark on Dec 26, 2018 at 06:06 PM

It's an open world firefight map that will eventually include sub-missions that unlock upgraded weapons or vehicles. You only saw the outskirts area, there's actually 2 more BSP sections. Follow those tunnels through, they lead to the other sections.

The UI.map has an overview map that shows all the areas right before you start the game. Right now the Bridge/Cityscape and Hangman's Tomb area are unpopulated.

Edited by DeadHamster on Dec 26, 2018 at 07:56 PM

That's actually really cool. Looking forward to the progression of the map. Good job!

Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 26, 2018 06:05 PM (Total replies: 12)

Any reason why I couldn't get any sound to work? I made a new folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fall Of Mombasa

and extracted everything from FOM.rar to that folder, and launched haloce.exe, couldn't get any sound so I did some poking around and ended up deleting dsound.dll and that resolved the sound issue. Any ideas as to why?

Also, Silly question but is this map a firefight map or does it have a story/progression?

I only had about 15 mins to play through it and I thought it was a firefight type of map at first, as I stayed in the courtyard and fought for about that long but noticed the tunnels.
Edited by S12Spark on Dec 26, 2018 at 06:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » All The .Map Files from hce.halomaps.org Aug 23, 2018 07:19 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: msalerno

It seems to be gone, but archive.org has a copy:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180629021853/https://halo.galaxyverge.com/files/archives/

Also, go here for more than 5000+ maps for Halo CE and PC: http://maps.halonet.net/maplist.php

On Edit:

Actually, archive.org didn't actually copy the zip files...

That link I posted above of 5000+ maps, that's the actual HAC2 map repo.

Edited by msalerno on Aug 23, 2018 at 05:59 PM

Appreciate it man. Thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » All The .Map Files from hce.halomaps.org Aug 23, 2018 02:06 PM (Total replies: 17)

Didn't see the original post date. Nevermind. Is it still up?
Edited by S12Spark on Aug 23, 2018 at 02:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Oct 2, 2017 12:03 AM (Total replies: 99)

I havent had a chance to test it yet but I appreciate you adding script extraction in! I'm going to download it tomorrow and give it a try!

Sounds like an interesting project, will you update this thread with progress or when it is finished?

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 27, 2017 08:23 AM (Total replies: 99)

Alrighty, I really do appreciate all the work you have put into this, thanks again.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 26, 2017 05:05 PM (Total replies: 99)

Thank you for making this, especially the recursive extraction and opensauce support. I'm glad I don't have to manually input every field recreating os tags via tool. Is there any plans to implement working script extraction?

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
It interpolates to whatever framerate you're at, I believe. So if I'm running at 144 FPS on 144hz, the animations will be 144 FPS.

Ah, that's good to hear, thanks for the info! I am really glad this has come out. Now if only reach was updated to 60 fps 1080p.

Yeah, I'd say this is a massive improvement actually, makes the game much more enjoyable to play when you are playing other games at 144hz and go to 30, it is really jarring, this is absolutely amazing. Thanks 002.

Question though, you say it it allow for 60fps animations, but I am running at 120hz, and it really does seem like it is running higher than 60fps in the first person animations, am I just imagining things or is it able to increase the first person animations to 120hz?
Edited by S12Spark on Sep 7, 2017 at 01:26 PM
Edited by S12Spark on Sep 7, 2017 at 01:26 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Worth creating this? Aug 30, 2016 03:04 PM (Total replies: 27)

Yeah I'd love to see it done myself, but it's up to you and if you are interested and have the passion to do so.

So, I had a question about the h5 bipeds, are they going to have white stripes and colored undersuits or actually something that looks good? I despise colored undersuits in h5. The renders looked great.

Looks amazing. Wish there wasn't so much spam, but, it isn't Dennis's fault, he is a single man, and shouldn't have to babysit us. sadly, we all can't just behave apparently.

On topic, it looks wonderful. I'm amazed at how detailed it is.

Sounds great, can't wait.

What scripts? It depends on what said script is doing.

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Quote: --- Original message by: HyperSean
I don't know if you are trying to get to something but I'm pretty sure I said they were extra.

If you have a beef with me, just say it, please stop trying to sugarcoat your mexican wet pants.

I dont like 343i art style, and im not mexican

It's fine that you don't like 343's art style, but no reason to bash someone else who does, and is trying to make content.

Is the initial release going to be public? And will the Locke biped be included?

Halo CE General Discussion » Release - Firefight Sector 09! Aug 21, 2016 03:27 PM (Total replies: 47)

Didn't get a ton of time to play it last night, so I can't tell if it's in later rounds, but I think it would be nice if there was some covenant weapons as well. Other than that it's pretty good from what I've played so far.

Sounds exciting. Can't wait to hear it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Release - Firefight Sector 09! Aug 20, 2016 08:25 PM (Total replies: 47)

What about the odst FP arms?

Time: Thu March 21, 2019 9:02 PM 1,063 ms.
A Halo Maps Website