A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: S12Spark
About Contact
Last Post: May 28, 2019 10:59 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:

Post Statistics
S12Spark has contributed to 318 posts out of 469343 total posts (.07%) in 1,610 days (.20 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » does anyone still play halo ce with os? May 21, 2019 12:08 PM (Total replies: 7)

I use OS still. I tinker around with shaders and whatnot and just general tinkering.

Thank you for creating and releasing this. While the community may not seem as active as it was back in the day, there are still people who will put this to good use and truly appreciate all the work that went into it. Thank you for your time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 20, 2019 05:43 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Well I'm gonna take this opportunity to plug something of my own and make a final note; if you are sharing tags you should be using my Frog program located within this download to organize the tags first. Compile your tags into a map, name it whatever directory you want, make sure organize is checked, and then use it on the map. The mapfile will be ruined, but the tags will be organized and pretty.

https://i.imgur.com/iwDzZH2.png

Video Before/After

Otherwise, I have to use your ugly folder names like Halo3\H3\weapons\Rifles\Assualt_Rilfe\, and then when I try to move the tags everything breaks and it's awful. Now I don't even like your tags and I think less of you as a person. You could've avoided all of this, if you had just used Frog. Don't be a fool.
Edited by DeadHamster on May 20, 2019 at 04:49 PM

I'll give it a try, thanks for the program!

Halo CE General Discussion » Proposal: How to share tags and maps May 18, 2019 02:26 PM (Total replies: 36)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Ok, this rustled my jimmies. Don't you ever tell people to use HEK+ again, tell them to use refinery so we can stop having broken zooms, animation functions, overlays, weapon type settings, crashing opensauce shaders and all that stuff.

I agree on that fully. I really would honestly like to have people upload their tags and maps and whatnot, and perhaps we can find some lost relics. I have archived all of halomaps archive, haloce3, and HAC2 repository. Next is open carnage and the halomaps forums, but that's gonna take a while. Any other websites I should dig through? If anyone is interested in obtaining this archive, I guess PM me?

Either way, I'd love it if people could post some of their tags or maps that haven't been publicly released or are lost to the ages, so I can archive them. I've found a lot of really old memories digging through these archives.

Halo CE General Discussion » Faster way to download files? Apr 15, 2019 05:34 PM (Total replies: 4)

Alrighty, let me know when you have it done. thank you for your time.

Quote: --- Original message by: Pabeung
I would like to confirm if any of the tags worked for them cause I just remembered that you might need CMT(TSC:E and SPV3)'s physics tags cause refinery can't extract those and please report back to me if there are other things missing.

I would also give a dictionary for the folder names.

NP (The main tag folder) - NP is short for Noble Power which is my friends mapping team that I joined back at 2011 and I don't really have an ego and I find it ridiculous naming my tags folder with my own username, I'm a team playah.

HM (Found inside other folders) - HM is short for Halo Mixed and it contains modified H1, H2, H3, Reach, and Halo Online content.

Pabeung (Some bitmaps) - It's our call sign, me and diana.

RD (Named in the files and some folders) - RD means redone like redone bitmaps and etc.

and that's pretty much all but if you guys have additional questions please do ask.

Haven't gotten a chance to check them out yet, I will let you know if I find any issues or anything. Thank you for the clarification for what everything stands for. Makes it easier to look for stuff.

Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Alrighty, here they are.

h3 tutorial
h3 foundary
h3mt-narrows-pb1
h3mt-valhalla_pb3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7fmfw0hwalh7lr0/Halo_CE_Stuff.7z/file

Thanks ODX, Really appreciate it.

Halo CE General Discussion » Faster way to download files? Apr 14, 2019 02:47 PM (Total replies: 4)

Thanks I'll take a look.

mediafire seems to be pretty well used. I'd be interested in downloading those maps.

Thank you for releasing your work. Going to download everything and take a look. Thank you.

Halo CE General Discussion » Faster way to download files? Apr 11, 2019 01:24 PM (Total replies: 4)

Is there any faster way I can download all of halomaps files instead of clicking on each one individually? Is there like a file repository of each category where I can download them all? I'm trying to back everything up.

Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 26, 2018 08:29 PM (Total replies: 15)

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark

Any reason why I couldn't get any sound to work? I made a new folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fall Of Mombasa

and extracted everything from FOM.rar to that folder, and launched haloce.exe, couldn't get any sound so I did some poking around and ended up deleting dsound.dll and that resolved the sound issue. Any ideas as to why?

That file IIRC is to allow the EAX option to be enabled and emulated. Not sure if it might just be your PC or if that's something I'd need to remove from future releases. Can anyone else let me know if they faced the same issue?

Quote: --- Original message by: S12Spark
Also, Silly question but is this map a firefight map or does it have a story/progression?

I only had about 15 mins to play through it and I thought it was a firefight type of map at first, as I stayed in the courtyard and fought for about that long but noticed the tunnels.
Edited by S12Spark on Dec 26, 2018 at 06:06 PM

It's an open world firefight map that will eventually include sub-missions that unlock upgraded weapons or vehicles. You only saw the outskirts area, there's actually 2 more BSP sections. Follow those tunnels through, they lead to the other sections.

The UI.map has an overview map that shows all the areas right before you start the game. Right now the Bridge/Cityscape and Hangman's Tomb area are unpopulated.

Edited by DeadHamster on Dec 26, 2018 at 07:56 PM

That's actually really cool. Looking forward to the progression of the map. Good job!

Halo CE General Discussion » Hamp's Christmas Spectacular 2018 Dec 26, 2018 06:05 PM (Total replies: 15)

Any reason why I couldn't get any sound to work? I made a new folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Fall Of Mombasa

and extracted everything from FOM.rar to that folder, and launched haloce.exe, couldn't get any sound so I did some poking around and ended up deleting dsound.dll and that resolved the sound issue. Any ideas as to why?

Also, Silly question but is this map a firefight map or does it have a story/progression?

I only had about 15 mins to play through it and I thought it was a firefight type of map at first, as I stayed in the courtyard and fought for about that long but noticed the tunnels.
Edited by S12Spark on Dec 26, 2018 at 06:06 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » All The .Map Files from hce.halomaps.org Aug 23, 2018 07:19 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: msalerno

It seems to be gone, but archive.org has a copy:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180629021853/https://halo.galaxyverge.com/files/archives/

Also, go here for more than 5000+ maps for Halo CE and PC: http://maps.halonet.net/maplist.php

On Edit:

Actually, archive.org didn't actually copy the zip files...

That link I posted above of 5000+ maps, that's the actual HAC2 map repo.

Edited by msalerno on Aug 23, 2018 at 05:59 PM

Appreciate it man. Thanks.

Halo CE General Discussion » All The .Map Files from hce.halomaps.org Aug 23, 2018 02:06 PM (Total replies: 17)

Didn't see the original post date. Nevermind. Is it still up?
Edited by S12Spark on Aug 23, 2018 at 02:08 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Oct 2, 2017 12:03 AM (Total replies: 99)

I havent had a chance to test it yet but I appreciate you adding script extraction in! I'm going to download it tomorrow and give it a try!

Sounds like an interesting project, will you update this thread with progress or when it is finished?

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 27, 2017 08:23 AM (Total replies: 99)

Alrighty, I really do appreciate all the work you have put into this, thanks again.

Halo CE General Discussion » [BETA RELEASE] Refinery 0.7 Sep 26, 2017 05:05 PM (Total replies: 99)

Thank you for making this, especially the recursive extraction and opensauce support. I'm glad I don't have to manually input every field recreating os tags via tool. Is there any plans to implement working script extraction?

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
It interpolates to whatever framerate you're at, I believe. So if I'm running at 144 FPS on 144hz, the animations will be 144 FPS.

Ah, that's good to hear, thanks for the info! I am really glad this has come out. Now if only reach was updated to 60 fps 1080p.

Time: Fri September 20, 2019 2:21 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website