A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: TheMrJezza_
About Contact
Last Post: May 19, 2017 10:02 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I like scarabs

Post Statistics
TheMrJezza_ has contributed to 63 posts out of 464602 total posts (.01%) in 880 days (.07 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Where to find an install key these days? May 19, 2017 10:02 AM (Total replies: 9)

Legit/Legal Way
https://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-Evolved-PC/dp/B00009TW6R?th=1
You'll get another cd, but that cd will come with a legit and unique key.

Finding Key of Questionable Legality
Although I know how one might go about this, it would be frowned upon for me to say, but you could ask google. That would be the Smart way of finding a Serial.
Edited by TheMrJezza_ on May 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » lost, need directions Mar 26, 2017 11:09 PM (Total replies: 10)

Its a pun.. A lot of the H:CE multiplayer is full of Spanish people.

Matchmaking, Global Queues, Ranks.. Do I detect CS:GO

I thought I would just point this out, I know it's nothing Serious/Relevant, but still...

I found a clever Marine, if anyone is interested. https://youtu.be/f2MZIp_K0zo

Halo CE General Discussion » Game won't start Sep 13, 2016 09:05 AM (Total replies: 3)

Windows 10 shouldn't have too many problems (unless it's a HP Laptop like mine). You could try to use Win 7 Compatibility mode, and make sure DirectX is updated. I can't think of anything else to try though.

Halo CE General Discussion » can someone do a good port for the H3 Elephant Jun 22, 2016 06:13 PM (Total replies: 12)

Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper
Summoning Kirby. He should still have the Elephant we made to test against the scarabs and mammoths.

Speaking of the Scarab, I started working on it again yesterday.. I need to find halo 3 scarab textures though..

And like Kal_El said:
Quote: --- Original message by: Kal_El
Quote: --- Original message by: DOOM899
just asking if someone is willing, to do it.

as we don't have a good port of the H3 Elephant.

These maps have the "Elephant" already in it:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6000

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6195

should be able to port from any of these maps

It seems there are maps that you can extract an Elephant from.

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle
Is this Custom Edition or PC?

Custom Edition

Yes.
Edited by TheMrJezza_ on Jun 20, 2016 at 06:03 PM

Quote: --- Original message by: RadWolfie

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
E: I seem to recall that Jesse fixed for the Lumoria maps?
Edited by Spartan314 on Jun 15, 2016 at 08:56 PM

* cough * Jesse released fixed verison * cough * Link: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=6384 * coughing *

As for Lumoria maps, I do not know for sure since I haven't played it for long time. Plus I do not know where's the thread for Jesse's fixed sniper hud version announcement.

E: Sorry, meant to click preview first to double check my pre-post.
Edited by RadWolfie on Jun 16, 2016 at 01:03 PM

I already tried out the fixed sniper tags before making this thread. (It's not in the video because I didn't make the campaign maps) The offset is corrected, but if I have HUD scaling enabled in OS, it's is offset again (But it is closer to normal then before).

Do you mean inbetween the normal HUD and the zoomed in HUD?? If so, then no, I don't believe it does. I put the resolution back to default (4:3 aspect ratio) and the zoomed in pistol/sniper HUD's were scaled normally. The sniper was still offset though.

Quote: --- Original message by: ScarFOx
It could be your graphics card maybe?

It could be, it just seems odd though how every other aspect the game works.

Quote: --- Original message by: altis94
HUD issues cannot be fixed, they can only be fixed in the map itself.

The maps work fine on my old laptop, and this happens with every map I have tried. I thought it was just a problem with my new laptop. I'll make a test map for myself an alter the HUD.

Ever since I got a new Laptop I have had some problems with Halo CE. Mostly trying to get it to run without getting Direct3D errors.. I have solved those but I still have a few problems with the sniper, the pistol and 1 single material that is used on some walls in the Campaign. Basically the Zoomed In HUD of the the Sniper is a little bit offset and isn't correct, and I don't think OS is scaling it either. The Zoomed in HUD of the Pistol also won't scale. I can live with that material (shader) on the wall being annoying, but if anyone knows how to fix the HUD issues, I would appreciate knowing about it.

Before anyone asks, I have Windows 10 with Win 8 compatibility mode enabled for halo, but I have no problems at all with Win 10 on my old laptop without compatibility mode. I also have the ancient DirectPlay api's enabled and there are no problems with my DirectX (that I know of). Everything else about the HUD (not zoomed in) seems normal. Even the TSC:E's zoomed in weapons worked normally. (apart from the Distance/Elevation numbers being offset)

Here's a video so you can all see what I mean. https://youtu.be/mTda-5olick

I don't know if this means anything, but Halo Online won't run at all. It does on my old laptop though.

Thanks in advance everyone.

I don't know about secret rooms as such on Extinction, but I know a few ways to glitch into places that you cant normally get to. You can get into the Pillar of Autumn by flying a Pelican, Jet or Seraph into the back right wall of the Hanger. And you can fly under the map and come out anywhere if you fly a jet into the wall on the Human side under the bridge to the left a bit. There is a cave on the Covenant side of the map, also on the covenant side is a hidden Master Chief, if you kill him, it will make it night time. He is hidden on the covenant ship.

Edit: There is also a hidden warthog teleporter behind Pillar of Autumn.
Edited by TheMrJezza_ on Apr 2, 2016 at 01:51 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » TAGS, i need help Jan 2, 2016 05:41 AM (Total replies: 2)

http://hce.halomaps.org/hek if the above link doesn't work.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE is not dying! Jan 1, 2016 09:48 PM (Total replies: 67)

Quote: --- Original message by: Halonimator
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMrJezza_
Quote: --- Original message by: supersonic124

Getting back to the "It's gonna be around for another 4 years" thing... Halo CE is the best PC halo, and all Microsoft is doing is killing it off. Because of DirectX 12, I can't play Halo CE without using safemode or making it windowed and I can't play H:O at all. Unless bungie makes another new patch, Halo CE is gonna die.

Something's wrong with your setup because both Halo CE/Online work perfectly fine for me on Windows 10.
Edited by supersonic124 on Dec 31, 2015 at 10:31 PM

DirectX 12 doesn't support Halo CE or Online. My other Windows 10 laptop can play both, but it has DirectX 10. You can run DXDIAG.exe to see what DirectX version you have.

DxDiag says I have DirectX12 and I have no issues at all with either game. It's something on your end.

Edited by supersonic124 on Jan 1, 2016 at 03:03 PM

Seriously, knowing its something wrong at my end and not the game just made me really happy. Do you know how I can make halo work?

installing directx 9c ?

You can't install an older version over a newer version.

Getting back to the "It's gonna be around for another 4 years" thing... Halo CE is the best PC halo, and all Microsoft is doing is killing it off. Because of DirectX 12, I can't play Halo CE without using safemode or making it windowed and I can't play H:O at all. Unless bungie makes another new patch, Halo CE is gonna die.

Something's wrong with your setup because both Halo CE/Online work perfectly fine for me on Windows 10.

DirectX 12 doesn't support Halo CE or Online. My other Windows 10 laptop can play both, but it has DirectX 10. You can run DXDIAG.exe to see what DirectX version you have.

DxDiag says I have DirectX12 and I have no issues at all with either game. It's something on your end.

Seriously, knowing its something wrong at my end and not the game just made me really happy. Do you know how I can make halo work?

Maybe some of your drivers are out of date? That would explain Halo Online being messed up too.
Edited by supersonic124 on Jan 1, 2016 at 07:42 PM

I updated all of my drivers and it's still broken. Any more ideas?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE is not dying! Jan 1, 2016 05:50 PM (Total replies: 67)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE is not dying! Jan 1, 2016 08:29 AM (Total replies: 67)

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo CE is not dying! Dec 31, 2015 06:07 AM (Total replies: 67)

Halo CE General Discussion » model command not working in tool Dec 7, 2015 10:00 PM (Total replies: 9)

Well if someone would be so kind as to bump that 5 year old halo 3 scarab thread....

Halo CE General Discussion » model command not working in tool Dec 2, 2015 06:59 AM (Total replies: 9)

Thank you

Edit: It finished now it says, Remember to set the lod cut offs. What does that mean. It created the model btw
Edited by TheMrJezza_ on Dec 2, 2015 at 07:00 AM

Time: Mon November 20, 2017 10:24 AM 312 ms.
A Halo Maps Website