A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: SBB_Michelle
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 29, 2017 09:47 PM
Website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KFt2o5u8cwEfo254hmywg
Interests: Animation, Game Design, things that are fun.
Your Age:
What Games do you play:
I am me!

Post Statistics
SBB_Michelle has contributed to 272 posts out of 464824 total posts (.06%) in 770 days (.35 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » [RELEASE] Mo's Editing Kit (MEK) Nov 29, 2017 09:47 PM (Total replies: 61)

Run Python as Admin or use a folder outside of program files to mod. Also, check if the game is not running.

stop taking the trollbait.

Quote: --- Original message by: Jam

it seems like objects only appear to be moving smoothly but physically they only move 30 times a second, plus control input is only registered 30 times a second. the effect is only visual while seriously wasting fps and making objects seem behind what they actually are. seems pretty useless and i don't get why people are worked up over it.

locking to 30fps removes the jittering effect and doesn't require a lot of cpu like interpolation. pretty sure most people on console don't obsess over it anyway as they just want to play a game

Edited by Jam on Aug 31, 2017 at 08:57 AM

Get a better pc, I checked it on an old laptop of mine and it seriously does not eat as much fps as you would lead people to believe. also you are only behind 1/30th of a second which is not a big problem.

This is the same method used in 90% of games that are interpolated out of the box. Other games use methods that severely screw up physics and timings on things.

I like responsive aiming and not being locked to god awful 30fps when every other game I play is 60 and only limited to 60 because my monitor is 60hz.

Also explain me why it taking fps would even matter to you as you are suggesting to play on 30fps, which would remove a lot of responsiveness. Adding to that, the frames are severely delayed with how this game's fps limiter works, so your delayed movement argument has no ground to stand on.

I like the interpolation because it allows me to follow objects more easily as their movement actually looks like movement and not a cheap slideshow. I would personally lose 10% of my 300fps so the game actually looks proper.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Now is the moment Aug 30, 2017 04:11 PM (Total replies: 7)

I'd rather not.

I don't know how to exactly explain it, but this thing does the job.

If it is all the glass or grates add a % to the end of the material names of those materials to signal it is double sided so updated edges are allowed.
Warning though, if you imported the bsp into max then you'll likely also want to delete one of the sides of each surface that is doublesided so you don't get overlapped surfaces.
Those also don't come trough tool.

Edited by SBB_Michelle on Aug 28, 2017 at 06:31 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » CE3 Gamenight! - August 27th Aug 27, 2017 09:51 AM (Total replies: 21)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
I wish there was a CE3 because it gave people more incentive to work on their projects...

It also makes people not have the energy to work on their projects anymore after ce3. I like the lack of pressure now, working on projects has been much more fun now.

30fps is playable, 60fps with 30fps animations and movement is confusing.

In a more percise way to say it: It's taking the node locations of the last and current tick and is making inbetween positions based on the time passed since the last tick. Meaning it works on any frames per second.

Halo CE General Discussion » I need help Aug 5, 2017 11:44 PM (Total replies: 4)

Download the maps.

Halo CE General Discussion » Austen1000 Campaign Port Download Aug 4, 2017 10:21 PM (Total replies: 9)

Quote: --- Original message by: EmmanuelCD
Its suposed to be a perfect port but theres some bugs and glitches with fog, scenery and shaders

That's a problem with the engine changes from hpc to hce

they are not interpolated

When I was watching 002's video and at the end 002 played a bit without interpolation I actually felt some nausea. I have had it before with this game if I have played other games for a while and then come back to this one. But now I am just so used to having it with debug builds that I never ever want to go without it.

Playing the game with this for the first time was just a massive joy and it still is. I'm pretty sure it is because of that that I went and posted a thread about it here even though it might not have been advisable at the time.

Halo CE General Discussion » Today is Net Neutrality Day Jul 14, 2017 08:58 AM (Total replies: 35)

Duce, I really wanted to break the profanity filter in this one to call you by what I think you are. But I think this explanation should not be subject to being removed for one word.

The part of what I want to say that actually matters:

Only big websites will be advantaged by the removal of net neutrality.
Those websites could make deals to make their websites load faster, and their competition load slower or not even have them be loaded. It becomes a battleground of who can throw the most money at ISPs to have only their service be usable.

They could easily destroy all of the competition which would make their monopolies grow and get rid of the need for websites and companies to innovate because no one else that people can properly access would be able to push them to do it.

Big companies start making more money, and small companies will start failing to make enough money to pay the bills.

Either we have the internet work the same way as water and only have you be charged for how much you use and not for what you use it for. Or we have new rules that basically say the same thing about it so that people can't tell the old timers in congress that the internet is dangerous and unregulated in order to pass filthy things like what I talked about.

The removal of net neutrality is a danger to the consumer, small companies and freedom of speech in the modern age.

Quote: --- Original message by: DeadHamster
Outside of the warthogs shell casings, there was no obvious difference. During gameplay I wouldn't see any difference at all, the only reason I could see it with the shell casings is because the video is playing at half speed.

Even at half speed, I saw no difference between the two images. Guess my human eyes just aren't up to par.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ea/eb/56/eaeb56efc71b0e013d2754712508ec0c.jpg

It makes so much of a difference to me in actual gameplay, things feel like they are actually moving instead of changing position, closeups fights aren't disorienting and more of that stuff. in the still shots it looks almost the same but in moving shots like when you are trying to melee an enemy it is super visible.

Quote: --- Original message by: FtDSpartn
This is definitely going to be something I can't go without once it's out. I'm assuming this works just as well for higher frame and refresh rates?

It calculates the positions for every frame. so it interpolates to any fps. :D

Developement is still going, performance issues have been gotten rid of now too.

Here is a new update vid from 002:

And here is a vid I recorded of the first cutscene when I was testing stuff for him:

As for first person, I am currently trying to figure something out by myself for if he doesn't figure it out. As a little thing to stick my time into :p
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jul 23, 2017 at 05:33 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Moses's Refined Campaign Jul 6, 2017 08:14 PM (Total replies: 40)

uhh, did someone forget to tick the "not alpha-tested" box?

It's honestly very uncertain that he will get it to work in fp. Mainly because of the fp stuff being stored in a place in memory that we don't even know where it is.

But hey, it's still a lot.

Here is another demonstration vid:

Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jul 6, 2017 at 08:10 PM

Chimera is a mod in development by 002.

It does things like:

-Enables player_magnetism for controllers without requiring HAC2 or devmode
-Fixes descoping issues in multiplayer servers
-Fixes aim assist, enabling it for both the movement and aiming versus just aiming (chimera_magnetism)
-*Adds diagonals to analog input when in multiplayer servers (chimera_diagonals)
-*Mimic's Xbox's automatic uncrouching when using analog input (chimera_auto_uncrouch)

-Enable anisotropic filtering without using config.txt (chimera_af)
-Override HUD with splitscreen HUD (chimera_split_screen)
-*Allow video input to continue playing even when tabbed out (chimera_tab_out_video)
-*Disable multitexture overlays (chimera_block_mo)
-*Disable multiplayer map fade transition (chimera_skip_loading)
-*Disable zoom blur and pixelation (chimera_block_zoom_blur)
-Make objects appear much smoother to take advantage of higher framerates (chimera_interpolate)
-Allow mouse users a more granular sensitivity control (chimera_sens_mouse_<h/v>)

*This feature requires Halo Custom Edition to function properly.

Red features are enabled by default without user input.
Green features are disabled by default and require use of the console to enable them. Use the chimera command to list commands.

The mod should work alongside hac2 or opensauce just fine.

Here is a video of the interpolation feature:

Here is a vid demonstrating the netcode fixes and analogue movement online:

Check the opencarnage thread for more details, the FAQ and updates. Also, don't get build 33, it is a bit broken.

https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/6916-chimera-build-33

Again, I didn't make this. 002 made this. And I think it's great.
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Jul 6, 2017 at 08:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » I have returned Jun 29, 2017 11:09 AM (Total replies: 73)

It's so nice to see everyone here be so friendly for a change, makes me feel all cuddly :D

Halo CE General Discussion » Adjutant News and Info! Jun 28, 2017 07:24 AM (Total replies: 945)

You can rip a lot of music from the soundbank and soundstream pck files using this program: https://github.com/Vextil/Wwise-Unpacker

None of the outputs are named though, so it will take a while to find stuff.

When I went trough it a year or two ago I remember hearing a few bits of arrival, so there is defenitly something there.

Time: Tue December 12, 2017 5:39 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website