A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: sbdjazz
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 12, 2017 05:24 AM
Interests:
Your Age:
What Games do you play: Halo1, ce, Spartan strike, Spartan Assault, F1, NFS, Battlefield
-MISSING IN ACTION-

Post Statistics
sbdjazz has contributed to 68 posts out of 464305 total posts (.01%) in 706 days (.10 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE General Discussion » Universal UI Update? Oct 12, 2017 05:24 AM (Total replies: 28)

Yeah, I am on a new UUI update already and that concept art posted here is very very old. Its gonna take some time because I am on two UIs in the same time, one for oddball and another is UUI. About grammar, my bad, sorry. I will make sure there are no filthy mistakes here. Both are in design phase. I will get to implementation shortly.

Halo CE General Discussion » Modern Halo UI.map [WIP] Apr 17, 2017 06:20 AM (Total replies: 110)

Quote: --- Original message by: MrBoringCom
Quote: --- Original message by: sbdjazz
The Universal UI v2.0 is now a part of CMT project. This project is far from dead. There will be two versions of the UI. One for SPV3 called SPV3 UI. And the other, UUI v2. As the names suggest, SPV3 UI will support SPV3 maps only while UUI will support many other maps including SPV3 and firefights.
will the UI look similar to the one you first posted this thread?

Not exactly, it has become a very old concept compared to the one designed newly. However the over all layout remains more or less same. Some missions from UUI v1 would be cut cause the developers have cancelled them. Some very old missions would also be cut to make way for new missions. A new CMT campaign would also be added.

Halo CE General Discussion » Modern Halo UI.map [WIP] Apr 13, 2017 02:32 PM (Total replies: 110)

The Universal UI v2.0 is now a part of CMT project. This project is far from dead. There will be two versions of the UI. One for SPV3 called SPV3 UI. And the other, UUI v2. As the names suggest, SPV3 UI will support SPV3 maps only while UUI will support many other maps including SPV3 and firefights.

Halo CE General Discussion » [PUBLIC BETA]: Dissolution Jan 4, 2017 12:40 PM (Total replies: 28)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer
Is this thread a reunion or something? I've seen at least 4 different accounts from before 2010

Yeah! Kind of...

Halo CE General Discussion » Quiting Halo Nov 13, 2016 07:35 AM (Total replies: 17)

Well, I'm done with Halo. Recently, I opened the halowaypoint.com and was honoured to be greeted with a ban message stating that I was using multiple or alternate accounts. First of all, their is only one sign out and one sign in button that allows me to login with my xbox gamer tag, so I couldn't have possibly created more accounts. Not only me, I found many players banned for the exact same reason.

Great! good job 343, keep on self-destructing the halo franchise like this, today you guys have lost another of halo's biggest fans. The truth of Halo is that it was murdered right after Bungie left the game. I'm done with wasting my precious time on a dead game like Halo. F--k you 343. All I ever wanted was to see halo as the greatest game. Now, why do I even care. They never care about their customers, and this was the proof.

And Dennis you are the best moderator I have ever seen. You can now ban or remove my account from this forum too.
Edited by sbdjazz on Nov 13, 2016 at 07:39 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Campaign Nov 11, 2016 10:48 AM (Total replies: 20)

Quote: --- Original message by: notrododo93
Quote: --- Original message by: MatthewDratt
Quote: --- Original message by: tarikja
Halo online! :v

There was only about 1 other game you could name that would be a more waste of time then Custom Edition, you named it.

Did you wake up in the wrong side of the bed, sweetie?

Halo Online is definitely not Halo CE. Its already a mod ELDEWRITO. How about a Halo 2 anniversary campaign or a remastered Lumoria?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Campaign Nov 11, 2016 08:43 AM (Total replies: 20)

Creative places like?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Campaign Nov 10, 2016 01:01 PM (Total replies: 20)

I know that u have cancelled it, so I'm not meaning whether you can do it or not. Recently the halo community was showing hype for some classic update on Halo 5 and a word of Halo 3 anniversary. I mean is Halo 3 still in demand?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 3 Campaign Nov 10, 2016 11:34 AM (Total replies: 20)

Is a Halo 3 complete campaign worth it?

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Campaign Nov 7, 2016 03:38 PM (Total replies: 35)

My first attempt with a cryo tube. Currently looks horrible, need to learn more:

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Campaign Nov 7, 2016 11:21 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: SBB_Michelle

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Alex
a walkway of 10 meters in the halo 4 campaign contains at least a million triangles.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/10/4b/67/104b679f9ac62a5809968628e593b7ee.jpg

I did overstate a little, but with numbers these big it doesn't really matter.
http://i.imgur.com/Asarvp2.jpg

It says 650'000+
Edited by SBB_Michelle on Nov 6, 2016 at 06:18 PM

Did you make that model of DAWN? Then WOW! The polygon count ie. 650000+, is it a good thing or a bad thing? if its good can you share me your model?

I'm indeed making my model from scratch. Frankly speaking, it doesn't follow the art style of 343, and would have a much less triangles. The only thing I will try to improve is the lighting quality using opensauce and textures that fake details. I have also never compiled maps in os. It would be better if some one gives me a direction. Thanks in advance.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Campaign Nov 6, 2016 06:20 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: lolslayer

Here's the deal,

343I consists out of extremely good graphics programmors, the reason why the game can look this good on xbox 360 is because of a lot (and I mean, A LOT) of techniques to optimize the game.

Halo CE doesn't have many optimiizations and especially limits, it would be hard to get even close to the art and graphics of halo 4
Edited by lolslayer on Nov 6, 2016 at 06:05 AM

What if we try with an extremely small part (say two or three rooms) of dawn and see if we're getting what we need. But I need some you guys help in doing it. I'm still new to halo editing. And if it is a success we think of a full Halo 4 campaign.

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Campaign Nov 6, 2016 03:37 AM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: MEGA_VKNG
It should be worth mentioning me and Michelle worked on SPV3, so we know how it works.

Halo 4 also has a lot of scripted sequences that would be difficult to do.

I get the idea, I suppose, but honestly it's better to just do a better Halo 4, but at that rate you might aswell make something brand new.

We don't have to include scripted sequence if you mean the cinematics stuff. We can use bink video feature of Opensauce. And it doesn't has to be exactly Halo 4. Halo 4 had a lot of praise as well as a lot of hate due to limitations in the campaign that can be solved in Halo CE. eg. Lack of tactical options, lack of friendly AIs, etc.

Think like a magician. Halo 4 doesn't necessarily have a lot of details. Anyone who has play Dawn has noticed the dark areas in the game. Those are places you can't see clearly. And that's the trick. Dawn has very few bright point lights that only illuminate certain areas of the ship. It's only those areas that need a liiiiiitttttle more details but the rest doesn't.

Microsoft or 343 guys are not as hard working as you think. They provide a lot of visual effects (we have reshade) that fake details.

I have an idea you guys tell me what you think is impossible to implement and I tell you how it is possible, if not what are the alternatives. But still have this gut feeling that making Halo 4 isn't impossible if we all try together. As you see Jesse has already point it out. Thanks Jesse!
Edited by sbdjazz on Nov 6, 2016 at 03:38 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Campaign Nov 6, 2016 01:36 AM (Total replies: 35)

a walkway of 10 meters in the halo 4 campaign contains at least a million triangles, which to me is more than enough of a reason not to do it.

No one has said that we have to make the exactly places in the exactly same way. We just keep the story same make the places almost similar. About graphics and details we already have tools that fake details like opensauce and reshade. We don't necessarily have to use a lot of polygons but we can fake minor details in the texture itself. I already made the dawn level in 3ds max but a bad guy formatted my PC to install windows 10. He was a jerk. So I stopped thinking about it for some days until I stumbled across the Halo 4 game play on youtube.

When ever some one create a Custom SP either he's on his own or a team of 2 or 3. But IFF we do it as all the members of the forum it is not impossible. Think of sierra 117, Lumoria, SPV3 and SOI's SP. It will be almost like an open source project where everyone contributes something. I believe everyone is good at something. I think its worth a try.

Look at these screenshots of SPV3. They don't have a lot of polygon count but still the graphics is amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/oF6VeKH.png
http://i.imgur.com/oF6VeKH

http://i.imgur.com/HIC8LQO.png
http://i.imgur.com/HIC8LQO.png

Edited by sbdjazz on Nov 6, 2016 at 01:10 AM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Campaign Nov 5, 2016 03:04 PM (Total replies: 35)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3npWdie2X0

Quote: --- Original message by: SupaTrolol
It will never work. We couldn't even manage to port the Halo 2 campaign.

See that's what I'm talking about. Its possible. I would say lets start with a small or tiny segment of the map and complete it and see how it works. I still have this gut feeling. Its not impossible. We also have open sauce.

Some guys have already done this thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6-Ul0fNWq8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5oYsN-rdaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JczTW3qCz98
Edited by sbdjazz on Nov 5, 2016 at 03:12 PM

Halo CE General Discussion » Halo 4 Campaign Nov 5, 2016 01:12 PM (Total replies: 35)

I was following the Halo 4 campaign recently and was pretty much amazed. I wanted to experience it on PC either original (impossible) or in Halo ce (possible).

Given the number of talented modders on this site I think maybe we can build at least the first level. We have the CMT tags already, we have Matthew Dratt and Soi, excellent environment designers. Many really great 3DS max artists. Jafet Meza music and sound designer. And many more I can't name them all. What if we try to make a Halo 4 mod together? What do you think?

Halo CE General Discussion » UImaps alternative Nov 5, 2016 09:46 AM (Total replies: 0)

It might be strange but. Can someone give me an working version of UI.map but with a different name like UI2.map or ui_alt.map, etc. ? I only need the basic Halo CE UI that is found in the tutorials or anything you like.

Halo CE General Discussion » Im gonna be "that guy" Nov 4, 2016 06:38 AM (Total replies: 22)

I had the same thought. That would be a great idea...

Halo CE General Discussion » Sierra 117 Oct 23, 2016 07:50 AM (Total replies: 1161)

What do ya mean? Please don't say tht its cancelled.

Halo CE General Discussion » SPV3.0.1 Released, first update to SPV3. Oct 3, 2016 02:24 PM (Total replies: 96)

Quote: --- Original message by: snark567
For some reason the mod doesn't load anymore. Every time I select a map the screen goes dark but nothing happens, the normal campaign is fine though.

Wait a bit while the map loads. It happens on my PC as well. May be due to seamless loading.

Time: Thu October 19, 2017 3:12 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website