A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

Viewing User Profile for: nathaninthailand
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 27, 2017 02:16 PM
Interests: Computers
Your Age: 18
What Games do you play: Halo, Zero Hour, Civ IV, Project Spark
I like carbines. Too much probably.

Post Statistics
nathaninthailand has contributed to 139 posts out of 461535 total posts (.03%) in 501 days (.28 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Jetpack as a weapon Feb 27, 2017 02:16 PM (Total replies: 4)

So could a "weapon" be made that fires an explosion effect opposite the direction you're looking? So you could "steer"?
I've done almost no 3d modeling, so how complicated would this be for me to learn and model?
Also, is there a way, either through SAPP, lua, or scripts, or some other method, to have zero G on a map?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Jetpack as a weapon Feb 25, 2017 10:16 PM (Total replies: 4)

This is something I'm just sort of throwing out there.
I know it's possible to have a jetpack style thing with scripts or lua, but it doesn't sync well, and it looks a little odd. (at least the ones I've seen)
Knowing that people have added boosts to custom ghosts by adding explosion effects, does that mean such a thing would be possible through some sort of weird weapon coding? Or do all weapon projectiles have to come from the front of the barrel?
I don't know anything as much as I could (or should) about Halo modding, so forgive me if this is clearly impossible.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » looking for a carbine tag Feb 22, 2017 02:38 PM (Total replies: 6)

Ah.
Thank you. Looks nice.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » looking for a carbine tag Feb 22, 2017 03:01 AM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
The CMT'S evolved tagpack contains one of the best carbines i've ever seen.

Okay, I downloaded this (hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5144), and for the life of me I can't find a carbine in here.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » looking for a carbine tag Feb 21, 2017 09:53 PM (Total replies: 6)

Quote: --- Original message by: Spartan314
Could you provide a screenshot to elaborate?
And what's the carbine that you did have?

I don't recall. It was ripped from some map, then I deleted it. This was a while ago, I've only just picked up Halo modding now after a break.
I'd just like any carbine tag that doesn't look like someone slapped a bad 3d model over the assault rifle.

Halo CE General Discussion » looking for crazy maps Feb 21, 2017 06:54 PM (Total replies: 17)

Quote: --- Original message by: Jesse
Does no one remember Chaosgulch?

I'm looking for things more crazy, if that's possible, than Chaos Gulch.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » looking for a carbine tag Feb 21, 2017 06:53 PM (Total replies: 6)

I'm having trouble finding a nice carbine tag.
As you can see by my avatar, I'd very much like to find one.
I thought I had a good one, up until the point where I realized the hud was from some screenshot, that you could still see the background of some map in it in dark places.

Quote: --- Original message by: OrangeJuice
take it out of compatibility mode, it doesn't need it

Okay, that's a first.
Never had something break because of compatibility mode.
Thanks.
Edited by nathaninthailand on Feb 21, 2017 at 06:49 PM

This occurs on every .scenario file I've tried, including the tutorial. I've tried reinstalling everything, switching computers, etc.
When I open the .scenario, it works just fine so long as I never make the properties window the active window. As soon as I do so and select any object, the entire program freezes, and there's no output.

Halo CE General Discussion » looking for crazy maps Feb 20, 2017 08:07 PM (Total replies: 17)

Hello, I'm looking for "crazy" maps, of any sort. Things like the teletubbies map.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having 3 weapons across multiple maps Feb 16, 2017 06:57 PM (Total replies: 5)

Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker

Quote: --- Original message by: nathaninthailand
Sorry, so you make a custom gametype for each map? I don't follow.

I think masturz is referencing the starting equipment dialogue which you can find if you scroll 52% of the way down when you open your levels .scenario tag in guerilla.

Once their you should actually find 6 item collections rollouts which effectively means you can start with 6 weapons.

Directly on the right of the starting equipment label should be a drop down submenu. Or it may be un usuable if you haven't added a starting block already which is cool since you can just hit the add button to make one.

Once made beside "type 0" you'll want to set a gametype, choose which ever one you wish and then proceed to adding your starting weapons via the item collection dialogues.

If you want to a different selection of weapons for another gametype within the same level hit the "add" button again to make another fresh starting block, this time under "type 0" select a different game type to the one you previously set with the first scenario equipment block and populate the item collection dialogues once again accordingly.
Edited by Super Flanker on Feb 16, 2017 at 06:23 PM

Yeah, but if I did that, then I have to ship my modified copies to any visitors, and that's not an option for me.
EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Thank you all.
Edited by nathaninthailand on Feb 16, 2017 at 08:18 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having 3 weapons across multiple maps Feb 16, 2017 06:08 PM (Total replies: 5)

Sorry, so you make a custom gametype for each map? I don't follow.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Having 3 weapons across multiple maps Feb 16, 2017 10:50 AM (Total replies: 5)

So I like having 3 weapons at spawn, and I know how to do it with SAPP. However, I have a lot of custom maps on my server, all with unique weapons paths.
Is there a way to load in different commands for each map in the map cycle, or do I have to rewrite the ini.txt for each map?

Halo CE General Discussion » Best Server Rental Services? Feb 10, 2017 02:47 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hello, I need to rent a server for a month, with custom maps support, but only for a month, and it's going to be private with 8 players.
Google has been less than helpful in terms of telling me how good a particular service is, and prices have been all over the place.
So does anyone have recommendations for a service that's cheap without being really crappy?

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » request for adding AI Dec 18, 2016 11:42 PM (Total replies: 0)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8PybFc5Kjz7c01WckNzZVE3SkE/view?usp=sharing
Can someone be kind enough to fill this map with AI of varying types?
I would prefer mostly standard Covenant troops, but it can be whatever you have or feel like.
I made this map myself sometime ago, but I never could get it to work on multiplayer.
I've more or less stopped entirely editing Halo after a computer error basically destroyed everything.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » Proper tag placement? Aug 21, 2016 05:47 PM (Total replies: 2)

Did you extract the tags with the little check box checked? That makes sure that all the supporting tags the character needs are extracted with it.
The check box you see in the HEK+ extraction queue.
Edited by nathaninthailand on Aug 21, 2016 at 05:48 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with custom map on server. Aug 20, 2016 09:08 AM (Total replies: 8)

It is a map compiled by me, but flushing the cache didn't work. The server is rented from gameservers.com.

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with custom map on server. Aug 17, 2016 08:17 PM (Total replies: 8)

yes

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with custom map on server. Aug 16, 2016 07:44 PM (Total replies: 8)

sv_name "Natano's Custom Maps"
sv_maxplayers 16
sv_rcon_password "*******"
sv_public "1"
sv_mapcycle_add "spider_canyon" ctf
sv_mapcycle_begin

load

This is the init.txt. I have no sapp settings turned on.

Deleting the cache.hac had no effect.
Edited by nathaninthailand on Aug 16, 2016 at 07:46 PM
Edited by nathaninthailand on Aug 16, 2016 at 07:47 PM

Halo CE Technical / Map Design » help with custom map on server. Aug 15, 2016 05:21 PM (Total replies: 8)

When I run my custom map on my server, I can't connect due to "connection issues" it only happens on one custom map. The map works fine when i run it on a lan game, and different custom maps work on the server but not the one I made myself.

Time: Tue March 28, 2017 4:11 AM 235 ms.
A Halo Maps Website